• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Close

HolyChef

Smash Ace
Hey everyone. For those who do not know NYC is one of the best states citiesout there in terms of skill and attendance. This thread is dedicated to the preservation and maintence maintenanceof the New York Smash Community. Therefore from now we will hold official NEW YORK SMASH WEEKLIES

**$10 PER TEAMMATE for teams and $10 for singles**

TEAMS WILL START @ 6pm! BE @ WEB2ZONE at 4:30pm to SIGN UP & HAVE WARM UPS. THAT IS ALL...

AGAIN, PLEASE
BE THERE BEFORE 4:30pm!!! So ya can sign up and have warm ups before the tournament.

THANK YOU

Jay0yeah

Time - 4:30pm - 5:30pm registration
Start time - 6pm

Tournament Prices

Price - $10 per person for 1v1
Price - $10 per person for 2v2
Price - $5 per person for ALL Spectators (if you are not entering the tournament but are going to play causalscasuals, please pay the $10 for casual Friday or enter a tournament)

Prizes

1v1 + 2v2

1st - 80 %
2nd - 20%
3rd - Free entry to the next weekly (this means that you will be given free entry to next week's biweekly NOT the next biweekly you come to.

Web2zone
54 Cooper Sq
(Cafe Area)
New York, NY 10003
212-614-7300

Directions

Via Subway

R : All Days (5:30am-11pm) to 8th street
N : Late Nights (11pm-5:30am) & weekends Only to 8th Street
W : Weekdays only (6am-9:30pm) to 8th Street
6 : ALL Times to Astor Place
--all these places take u about 1 block from the venue

Via Bus

M1 M2, M3, M5, M6, M8 to 8th street and Broadway

M101, M102, M103 to cooper square

via car

if you're coming by car, just map quest or Google maps this---
54 Cooper Sq New York, NY 10003

INFORMATION

Rules for SSBB ( Courtesy of Vanz; refined by D1 )

Rules for SSBB ( Courtesy of Vanz ) <refined by D1>

3 Stock
7 Minute time limit
Items off

*Mages dq rule! If you ARE NOT at your match when you are called after 7 minuntesminutes, you will be DISQUALIFIED!

Rules so far :

- 3 stock
- 7 minute time limit
- best 2 of 3. finals matches (losers/winners/grand) being best 3 of 5
- Double Elimination
- items are OFF including smash ball

Neutral stages for singles: Final Destination, Yoshi's Story, Smashville, Pokemon Stadium, Delfino Plaza, Battlefield, Lylat Cruise

Counterpick stages for singles: Brinstar, Corneria, Halberd, Luigi's Mansion, Jungle Japes, Pictochat, Norfair, Frigate Orpheon, Corneria, Rainbow Cruise

Doubles :

Team attack ON
Life stealing is allowed

Nuetral NeutralStages for Doubles:
Final Destination, Yoshi's Story, Smashville, Pokemon Stadium, Delfino Plaza, Battlefield, Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages for Doubles
: Brinstar, Corneria, Halberd, Luigi's Mansion, Jungle Japes, , Pictochat, Castle SeigeSiege, Norfair, Frigate Orpheon, Rainbow Cruise

Stage Banning: Each player / team may select up to 2 stages that will be banned from the tournament set. however, only one of the banned stages can be a neutral stage. (ex. yoshi's island and corneria makes a VALID ban. corneria and brinstar makes a VALID ban. yoshi's island and battlefield makes an INVALID ban.)

Stage Strike Rule:
If a stage is selected at random, each player / team can elect to reset the stage pick ONCE PER SET. the reset all must occur within 3 seconds of the start of the match.

Counterpick Rule:
The loser of the match first chooses the stage that the next match of the set will be played on. The opponent, then, makes the choice of changing character or not. thanthen the loser of the match selects his/her character.
... ... ... ...

hope youll still holding them in may, when ill be comin up that way.

Princz15

Smash Apprentice
HEY. Awesome Thread. Just found out about it. I looked through everything in the first post. I'm fine with it all and I've been waiting to play some brawl with people around my area since launch! But one qustion. What days is it? Or is it on 1 day? I couldn't find this answer on the first post...

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
random as hell
The thing I said was from Anchorman. Everything but the custom-painted Chucks and the pretty white GCN controllers. Those were not from Anchorman. They were from my heart, which was coincidentally broken when you didn't get the Anchorman reference.

Not only that, but you broke my shield. Now I have to sit here flashing red and making odd groaning noises for 5-10 seconds.

Now that that's done. WAI HAI 2 U PRINCZ15!

To answer you kindly as none of these other (lovable) fools have, these take place every Friday at web2zone. They use to be biweeklies, they used to be monthlies, but with Bum's support we're now running weekly Brawl tournament-get-together-things every Friday.

You know what, everyone, get an NYC for that. That's pretty awesome that we can have such a turnout every week.

Utto

Commander Keen
BRoomer
Are you guys still playing Melee at these tournaments? I will be in NY from April 27 till May 12 and I’d like to meet some smashers from the States while I’m there. I send a PM to PC Chris but he doesn’t respond, so I was thinking about attending one of these weeklies. It’s actually pretty close to where I’m staying. Problem is, I’m mostly a Melee player whose not really into Brawl (yet). May 2nd would be perfect for me, but I’m not sure if I’d like to attend a Brawl-only event.

Besides that, I don’t have a team partner. I’d really like to participate in teams, but obviously I don’t really know anyone from NY. I’d like to team with PC Chris, even though he ignores my PM’s ;) .

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
This was posted right before my first day working at w2z, aka Zenith, at 09-19-2007, 03:10 AM

wtf.. no no NOO!!

my cousin pisses me off with that ****ing phrase. so we will not be spreading that around.

in other news, I'm a counter to christianity. so I'm pretty much taking this weekly :D

rockin - ! . = ! .

it's an equation unlike this one.

3x - 4 > 6 + 4x

solve that lame *** high school math and you get a cookie :D
What proceeded was a two-page attempt for heads (most of which I don't even see around here anymore) to answer this **** equation. I ****ing miss that, man. Such good days back then.

Aforementioned heads I never see anymore: scrapecity, Big-T (and the rest of I.S.P. Insane Smash Posse BluRay and ecko), Samochan, mog87, teh_sparmer, The 5th Police, Kevo, Chip., GuadianKnight, FoSho, DVDA... I could go on with heads who are no longer with us.

I was gonna say Volrec but holy **** here he comes outta nowhere.

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
BergenField, Bergen County(North East Jersey)
This was posted right before my first day working at w2z, aka Zenith, at 09-19-2007, 03:10 AM

What proceeded was a two-page attempt for heads (most of which I don't even see around here anymore) to answer this **** equation. I ****ing miss that, man. Such good days back then.

Aforementioned heads I never see anymore: scrapecity, Big-T (and the rest of I.S.P. Insane Smash Posse BluRay and ecko), Samochan, mog87, teh_sparmer, The 5th Police, Kevo, Chip., GuadianKnight, FoSho, DVDA... I could go on with heads who are no longer with us.

I was gonna say Volrec but holy **** here he comes outta nowhere.
bluray moved back to florida, mog is a rurouni and never stays in one specific thread and posts, teh_spammer is a jersey player and posts all the time in the rutgers weekly thread cuz he wins ( >_>... wow), DVDA is ... wow this is just like that time i forgot the name of brinstar... the black guy who rarely shows up but use to be in I.E and hands with crismas. i know ur name man im just drawing a blank right now... fuuck :mad: i hate it when that happens. 4sho quit smash the rest i dont know.

D1

Banned via Administration
well that link Cass sent to us is a pretty **** good alternative to our weekly thread just in case the boards are down we should use it as a backup just in case we need updates and whatnot.

Anyway...

...DVDA is Hoyo...I always see him...maybe like everyday and he's been to almost every weekly he just goes under a different alias LOL. Um...the 5th Police is D.I.King he's been there for two Brawl weeklies straight...he's Steiner's brother.

QUIT!

CasshernDGZ

Smash Journeyman
Yo, Who's D20..I saw that guy on the boards once and I was like....woah. Very similar to a certain "De Uno" But who caruuhz. Get at the Alternate weeklie thread, definitely show it some love, as it is pretty neat and shizz son.

Alukard

Smash Hero
Get at someone taking my account on all is brawl lol ... but i'm having that guy destroyed by a cool feature they have ... which is if ur known by a tag u get the name from the dumb random lol ... toooo good =)

Alukard

Smash Hero
cort 9,000 O_O' ... i just realized ... u are top tier at posting -_- ... also ... SWAT will take this weekly as well no johns people

my training and coaching is GOD LIKE ... ^_-

BUM163

Smash Lord
please be there early. same time like last time. i wanna start things. i haven't adversite like i should this week, cuz i been bak n forth wit web2zone. i will speak to crews memebers again this week. yo please bring ur wii's to web2zone and don't 4get. any questions ask me here.

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
O_o why not?
My best friends birthday is coming up so im throwing him a party on friday and next weekend is that CT tourney i'll probably go to cort's house friday because i hate waking up earlier than like 8 am to get to places lol. too bad though these weeklies are huge and a lot of fun x_x

Venom NY

Smash Lord
My best friends birthday is coming up so im throwing him a party on friday and next weekend is that CT tourney i'll probably go to cort's house friday because i hate waking up earlier than like 8 am to get to places lol. too bad though these weeklies are huge and a lot of fun x_x
**** >.< that sucks but not really because you'll still be having fun with friends,oh pc if u wanna play online tell me and no...i dont throw meatballs LMAO we sho-uld definetly do teams you and cort vs me and alukard ^_^

R3N0

Smash Lord
yoooo im up early too yall!!!! =D!

btw alukard i was watching hax vs darkrain

you are too much ownage.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Yo, Who's D20..I saw that guy on the boards once and I was like....woah. Very similar to a certain "De Uno" But who caruuhz. Get at the Alternate weeklie thread, definitely show it some love, as it is pretty neat and shizz son.
D20 is this good Young Link player. I played him in Pools at Pound 3, and had a close set with him. He took it on Green Greens though >_> . And, I tried to make an account for that site, but they won't send me the confirmation email.

Top Bottom