• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Close

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
LMFAOOOO D1 is 2 good... i always thought that 2 tthough, but not really.... since it is a bunch of buffed up guys in underwear fighting each other 4 a plastic gold painted belt -_- let me stop b4 i get banned or soemthing lmfao

also, if the weeklys could start like last time mad early, and no1 random thing shows up, like them camera crews, im sure we could get things done and if people actually reports their matches -_- . and i guess we also have 2 finish the brackets from the last weekly 2
Thats true, I'm still in that tournament.

Hey did anyone get any prize for beating that knife guy?

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
BergenField, Bergen County(North East Jersey)
Anyway...yeah since my folks are gettin tight that I keep comin home OD late, I'm gonna start only doing teams until we get a Saturday weekly or something.

Can't even do crewbattles on a Friday cuz of this sh**...mad congested...I love the turnouts but sh** can't be finished on time T_T.
Thank you D1. me 2.

Bum something has to seriously be done about starting time or ending time of the weekly. like i always say not everyone can stay out as long as they want and its even causing people to have to leave the tourney before their matches are all played.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Thank you D1. me 2.

Bum something has to seriously be done about starting time or ending time of the weekly. like i always say not everyone can stay out as long as they want and its even causing people to have to leave the tourney before their matches are all played.
Luck, you were there.

When doubles was getting to the point where only half the TVs were being used, Bum said he was getting the singles bracket done so that while Teams was only taking up one or two TVs, singles was getting started.

Now from what I heard, it was 27 teams and like 57 in singles. Now that's just ******** to try and squeeze into a weekly. ZENITHs were that big and they started at noon.

If weeklies are gonna keep being that big, then we just have to start earlier. The weekly moved as efficiently as it could on Friday. There were like five people on Tio and mad people going around and issuing out matches. And from what I was told, there were mad less friendlies going on during the tournies because everyone knew when a match was done and knew who had to go next.

Looking at the numbers, this was for all intents and purposes a Zenith. I don't care what you say, this was the size of a Zenith. And because of that, trying to fit a tournament of that size into a span of seven hours is just impossible, just straight up.

In order for things to wrap up around midnight, either weeklies'll have to get smaller, or we'll have to start earlier/on another day. That's all there is to it.

EDIT: Steroids, ArtieBoy, Blackanese, Luck, Dionis, Shin THX, Reno, D1, Dial and NinjaLink have yet to confirm me on Wifi. Get on that, plz.

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
i agree with earlier weeklies LOL i missed my train home :( it was worth it though lol i had a lot of fun. if we start at like 4 or 5pm and utilize the setups properly we can really get this done. Maybe we can number the TV's so we can call matches and on deck matches so people can wait behind them to play next and everyone else who hasn't been called has to wait outside of the TV area.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
i agree with earlier weeklies LOL i missed my train home :( it was worth it though lol i had a lot of fun.
I lol at the fact that I kept reminding you that you were gonna miss your train and you were like, "But Cort's gonna win money!" ... and then he didn't. >_>

Maybe we can number the TV's so we can call matches and on deck matches so people can wait behind them to play next and everyone else who hasn't been called has to wait outside of the TV area.
We did that... it failed miserably.

And Jumpman, give me your FC. Oh yeah, you too, PC. ^^

blackanese

Smash Lord
New York Citaaay :333 Occupation: Stripper ;]
alright mista hab-olous ill add u later

and this weekly just had 2 many people out of NOWHERE and the random camera crew, i heard no1 even got a prize wtf lmfaoo scam ftw

it is possible 2 finish all this by 12 if we start at 4 or 5. probably not this week, due 2 the fact that the last weeklys bracket coudnt even be finished
people just have 2 report their matches, and just get up right away if they're playing friendlies and a tourney match gotta be played, not "oh 1 more stock"
i think thats about it

CasshernDGZ

Smash Journeyman
Well guys I can come as early as 3:30 and start weeklies, but i need to know how many people can show up at that time. When I got there heads were there but not nearly enough to even start sign ups. So I can commit to coming earlier, can everyone else?

R3N0

Smash Lord
yo i had definitely came through at 3:30.. there were only 2 wii's ... btw PC mr. start earlier, you weren't there til like.. 6-_-'.

****it no one is bringing their setups!!! >_<

don't even look@ me though i def ain't bringin my ****!!

btw if yall wanna rock @ hofstra U. come through but b4 that.. gimme a message on aim.

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
because bum told me it wouldn't start till 6 :D i was only going at 3 if they were continuing last weeks bracket and bum told me he wouldnt because not enough people were showing up.

R3N0

Smash Lord
im hyped to see falcon, he was one of my FAVORITE FAVORITE FAVORITE characters to play w/ in melee..

but ive been ****ting on him so hard in brawl, i wanna see a good CF
gogo dionis!!

im gonna make everyone respect sheik!!!! =D

Venom NY

Smash Lord
im hyped to see falcon, he was one of my FAVORITE FAVORITE FAVORITE characters to play w/ in melee..

gogo dionis!!

lol i definetly respect ur sheik u definetly play her/him like its melee

HoMaLoN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoMaLoN
i been experimenting with Falcon too, i'm aight but i'll find out how i do with him next weekly

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
BergenField, Bergen County(North East Jersey)
Dial Quit Life for saying "NOOO" every hit lmao.

gogo dionis!!

i respect sheik after our tourney match so your definitely on ur way. reno all dai

what page is singles results on?

Dial-Up

Smash Journeyman
Dial Quit Life for saying "NOOO" every hit lmao.

i respect sheik after our tourney match so your definitely on ur way. reno all dai

what page is singles results on?
ROTFLMAO!!! Dude, I said it like, once in the first stock, again on my second, then like 5 times on the last one. I can't believe he 3 stocked me like that. =(. LOL! But he's good. I just kept feeding him my F*CKING shadow balls!

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I'm comin to the weekly >_>.

But.... I'm Horrid in brawl LOL I'm gonna come down and have fun with all the NYC players that I miss. >_<

D1 - :) friendly me I heard your ridiculous in brawl >_>.

I miss NYC, you guys always was too good at the games you play :psycho:

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Gotta question.

I know brackets were finished during this weekly, but were the brackets that were finished the continuation of the brackets from the week before or new brackets entirely?

I'm asking this cause I'm thinking of going with some NJ people to this weekly and I don't wanna have to come twice to finish brackets :(

mattakataka

Smash Cadet
I'm comin to the weekly >_>.

But.... I'm Horrid in brawl LOL I'm gonna come down and have fun with all the NYC players that I miss. >_<

D1 - :) friendly me I heard your ridiculous in brawl >_>.

I miss NYC, you guys always was too good at the games you play :psycho:
FINALLY hiding in the shadows too long come creeping back to ny lol and its all fun anyways i think vanz is gonna bring melee anyways so u can own him up hes getting cocky lol ^_^

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
shoutouts

Blackanese and steiner - Blackanese isn't cocky...steiner undeniably is though...I saw proof of it with my own eyes. Relax steiner, it's metaknight...not you.

P.C. - Rockin the ill snake gruff! also, picking up the point of this game very fast, our tourney match should be fun. :bee:

Cort - good efforts vs Dededededed but that matchup is quite hard

Alukard - pretty good snake, also it's hilarious to hear your gripes about brawl.

Reno - good sheik playin there..and if you play well enough...who knows? you might battle Dire's boss character =D

Solid Jake - fun talking to you bro, one of the cooler cats of this pool of naivety. Trying to go all Squirtle FTW

Bum - ..like Streets of Rage, right now you're the guy sitting in the big chair in the back with the cigar and the machine gun that takes 40% of your life with each bullet. It's going to be a thrill smashing past the herd to make it to the only fight that you know has mattered to me even since the broken days of melee.

I hereby declare a bounty on one (1) Bum. First one to take a set from this monkey menace earns a jar-load of non refundable Kool Pointz. An extra half jar for doing it in finals.

Let the games begin!

Alukard

Smash Hero
ima beat that monkey ... watch ^_- (NO HOMO)

also ron is too good at debating with me >.> ... he proves points for brawl sake like no other lol ... sumtimes dire and wes can too ... but no johns NYC MISSES MELEE DEEP DOWN ^_-

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
Blackanese and steiner - Blackanese isn't cocky...steiner undeniably is though...I saw proof of it with my own eyes. Relax steiner, it's metaknight...not you.

P.C. - Rockin the ill snake gruff! also, picking up the point of this game very fast, our tourney match should be fun. :bee:

Cort - good efforts vs Dededededed but that matchup is quite hard

Alukard - pretty good snake, also it's hilarious to hear your gripes about brawl.

Reno - good sheik playin there..and if you play well enough...who knows? you might battle Dire's boss character =D

Solid Jake - fun talking to you bro, one of the cooler cats of this pool of naivety. Trying to go all Squirtle FTW

Bum - ..like Streets of Rage, right now you're the guy sitting in the big chair in the back with the cigar and the machine gun that takes 40% of your life with each bullet. It's going to be a thrill smashing past the herd to make it to the only fight that you know has mattered to me even since the broken days of melee.

I hereby declare a bounty on one (1) Bum. First one to take a set from this monkey menace earns a jar-load of non refundable Kool Pointz. An extra half jar for doing it in finals.

Let the games begin!
thats not true dire in the grand finals i used Wolf and ROB not just Metaknight!!

Top Bottom