• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Close

D1

Banned via Administration
me 2

10 chars >_>
LOL @ Luck...thats what Smashpocalypse is for guys never fear ^_^.

I really vote for another weekly to be on Saturday...it would be so pimp to just get to a weekly at noon then have it start at 1pm cuz you gotta wait for the "fashionably late pplz" to come through. Then after all the crazy hot tourney teams/singles matches everyone goes home @ 8pm, while ppl stay till 11pm to play more friendlies w/ whoever they please.

Saturday sounds like heaven *elongated sigh+non-homo batting of eyes while looking up at the sky* LOL

Anyway, I be gettin bored on my free time if anyone wants to battle a ***** hit a ***** up!

****!

4eyes if you see this awesome matches last night...bring that beastly sh** to a weekly and stop holding back *****.

Oh yeah, not to start controversy...but I heard a couple smashers were perturbed to hear which stages were on last weekly. For a weekly w/ that many entrants...you'd want to have more entrants come...one way to cater to that is be fair and start banning whack stages ^_^.

Ban for teams and singles f*ck that ban for either or sh** (non-agressive post)

Port Town, Mario Circuit, Spear Pillar, Skyworld, New Pork City, Great Sea=50/50 (bombs don't always show up but thats the random factor) Shadow Moses, Bridge of Eldin, PokeStadium 2, Summit, Green Hill Zone has hot music and whatnot but **** btwn two pro players expect MAJOR camping especially if they're smart pro players...plus walk off edges >_>.

What am I missing...Pictochat needs to go since alotta ppl complain about the randomness...I don't think Pictochat should be banned since its relatively easy to avoid the stupid hazards...but if everyone doesn't like it to be on we should just take majority vote and take it off. This should be more of a democracy than the other thing thats equal to tyranny. I don't think its fair if one person decides something we gotta take a vote and let the majority speak for itself.

We also need to clarify which Melee stages are on or off cuz I wanna start seeing what stages I need to practice on before a tourney...its not fair for me and others to have to practice on a stage they believe is on then realize its off...might as well clarify things today or tomorrow...

...we have Onett, Pipes, Japes, Corneria, Rainbow Cruise, Green Greens, and I think I'm missing one more...we need to know what should be on. Hyrule is a definite ban and PokeStadium is a definite neutral even tho when I clearly sweetspot my Firefox/bird on that stupid stage I always miss >_>...even in training sessions w/ TS *sigh*.

Anyway DISCUSS DISCUSS BUM DOESN'T HAVE TO FORCE EVERYONE TO VOICE THEIR OPINIONS DOES HE?

REMEMBER HE'S DEISEL!!!

>_<!!!

CasshernDGZ

Smash Journeyman
Happy east nuccas, and D1 I woud love to play you but my wifi lags like a mofo.

Edit: On stages, I don't really have beef with a lot of stages, I enjoy them. Until I found out that Norfair was a counterpick.......chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil with that shiz. And Pirate Ship? Chillllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll with that shiz. And ummm....What else....I like pictochat and all those other stages, I don't have beef with em.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
anyone tried playing with the nuchucks? I'm praticing with it now. Took me like 30 mins to get use to it. I wanna play real people with it and see how I do

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
well i ***** at this weekly sorry 4 posting so late..

i had to go and **** in pa ^_^..

well nice matchs to every1 i played i had a lot of fun...

thanks d1 4 teaming with me i belive i can fly all day papa..

DDD is to fun and good..

so any1 want to help wiith the get jman a wii and brawl ^_^

so im going to try and play brawl more then 2 times this week >_>

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
spoc comes like.. once every 6 or 7 weeks.. it's really not fair when a game gets spammed because its newer and the CLEARLY better game gets cast aside..
THIS IS SO TRUEE

but its ok jaden dont worry..

soon every1 will see whats the better game is and every1 will get back to melee..

Alukard

Smash Hero
Alukard and Dionis --> Good matches. You guys definitely gave us a good challenge. Alukard.. your snake is too **** good so keep that up. Dionis.. your ganondorf was landing some nice **** as well. I remember getting hit by your ganon kicks lol. You guys are 2 good keep it up.
i kno ... we been winnin weeklies in a game we are expirienced in for like 20 million weeks ... so yea lol... thanks i guess ? we been keeping it up ... i just had game for 1 week only ... gimme time i will win doubles every week once again ... no johns

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Online brawl fails with attack lag. I am not using My Peach online ever again. My mindgames are destroy due to the attack lag I get. My style of play with Peach has no use online. I cant be random and such. How my wario and Mario hack it up online But my Peach cant? O_o You guys want Peach action from me it will have to be in person. I cant take much more of my **** getting screwed due to this attack lag.

I cant even land my Upsmashes......now when I cant do that you know something is up xD! And I cant land my grabs.........I CANT LAND GRABS AT ALL WTF!?! o_o

Mario or Wario online for me.

D1

Not to sound like a whiny b*tch, but other regions are more concrete when it comes to what stages are kept on and off in tourney. So far in NYC things look like a mixed bag...unless no serious discussion starts brewing concerning stages we believe should be kept or trounced from tournament play...we will have to continue playing in weeklies w/ big "?"'s over our heads wondering if we can play a stage or not or if we can ban a stage or not. Think of it this way you ppl that love neutral stages so much...do you really wanna have to play someone who's knowledgeable about how gay a stage is to counterpick it against you when you don't even know why...then you get 3 stocked cuz of the stage's gayness?

Disclaimer: Nothing happened to me in the weekly that caused me to say this, but I talked to alotta smashers over aim/phone about what went down in singles and alot weren't too happy after relating to me which stages they got wrecked on.

So yeah...lets start having a serious discussion about this...or we'll get nowhere.

Frickin MD/VA/NJ and I bet other sections of the EC already have a definite rule as to which stages can and cannot be played on. As a proud NYC native, I believe we shouldn't be in the planning stages of this when many other regions have already gone over rules and are running easy breezy tourneys without any second guesses as to re-entering a tourney b/c of gay rules.

Now let the debating begin!!!!

*sigh*...I hate making long posts...

...when I make a long post its cuz I wanna make a point...and not b/c I wanna be an attention *****. (Disclaimer #2)

Tercel

Smash Rookie
Just saw this thread and I'm considering coming to the next one. Just a couple questions though:

What day of the week is the weekly tourny held?

How many people typically show up?

How is the tourny atmosphere?

X Japan

Smash Lord
Not to sound like a whiny b*tch, but other regions are more concrete when it comes to what stages are kept on and off in tourney. So far in NYC things look like a mixed bag...unless no serious discussion starts brewing concerning stages we believe should be kept or trounced from tournament play...we will have to continue playing in weeklies w/ big "?"'s over our heads wondering if we can play a stage or not or if we can ban a stage or not. Think of it this way you ppl that love neutral stages so much...do you really wanna have to play someone who's knowledgeable about how gay a stage is to counterpick it against you when you don't even know why...then you get 3 stocked cuz of the stage's gayness?

Disclaimer: Nothing happened to me in the weekly that caused me to say this, but I talked to alotta smashers over aim/phone about what went down in singles and alot weren't too happy after relating to me which stages they got wrecked on.

So yeah...lets start having a serious discussion about this...or we'll get nowhere.

Frickin MD/VA/NJ and I bet other sections of the EC already have a definite rule as to which stages can and cannot be played on. As a proud NYC native, I believe we shouldn't be in the planning stages of this when many other regions have already gone over rules and are running easy breezy tourneys without any second guesses as to re-entering a tourney b/c of gay rules.

Now let the debating begin!!!!

*sigh*...I hate making long posts...

...when I make a long post its cuz I wanna make a point...and not b/c I wanna be an attention *****. (Disclaimer #2)

You being a little b**ch. Not just you but everyone on these d**m boards about the stages in brawl. When its not the stages thats f**k but what certain characters can do on these stages.

Cia

das kwl
You being a little b**ch. Not just you but everyone on these d**m boards about the stages in brawl. When its not the stages thats f**k but what certain characters can do on these stages.
.. who is this??
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also heres my idea of a good rule set.

- 3 stock
- 6 minute time limit
- best 2 of 3. finals matches being best 3 of 5
- Double Elimination
- items are OFF including smash ball

Neutral stages for singles: Final Destination, Yoshi's Story, Smashville, Pokemon Stadium, Delfino Plaza, Battlefield, Lylat Cruise

Counterpick stages for singles: Brinstar, Corneria, Halberd, Mario Circuit, Luigi's Mansion, Jungle Japes, Green Greens, Pictochat

Nuetral Stages for Doubles: Final Destination, Yoshi's Story, Smashville, Pokemon Stadium, Delfino Plaza, Battlefield, Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages for Doubles
: Brinstar, Corneria, Halberd, Mario Circuit, Luigi's Mansion, Jungle Japes, Green Greens, Pictochat, Castle Seige, Frigate Orpheon, Bridge of Eldin

Stage Banning: Each player / team may select up to 2 stages that will be banned from the tournament set. however, only one of the banned stages can be a neutral stage. (ex. yoshi's island and corneria makes a VALID ban. corneria and brinstar makes a VALID ban. yoshi's island and battlefield makes an INVALID ban.)

Stage Strike Rule
: If a stage is selected at random, each player / team can elect to reset the stage pick ONCE PER SET. the reset all must occur within 3 seconds of the start of the match.

Counterpick Rule: The loser of the match first chooses the stage that the next match of the set will be played on. The opponent, then, makes the choice of changing character or not. than the loser of the match selects his/her character.

If the loser of the match chooses to select the stage at random. The opponent CANNOT change character. The loser of the match than makes the choice of changing character or not.

-Excessive "stall" tactics are banned.
-Controller Mods are banned
-Glitches to remove control of the character from a player are bann.. yatayata

Violation of any rule is punishable by non-refunded disqualification. Simple
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what does everyone think??

D1

Awesome Ruleset Vanz, way better than the current counterpicking rule. If you don't want opponent to choose char...then go random...DONE! ^_^

Also...BoE, and Mario Circuit need to dissappear alotta Dedede's are gettin better at zero deathing ppl on this stage...unless ppl need to get CGed more figure it out.

D1

You forgot to add Norfair, Great Sea, Rainbow Cruise, Castle Seidge and something else >_>?

Dbl post? : P This game has too many stages...then again Melee did too LOL.

Cia

das kwl
Awesome Ruleset Vanz, way better than the current counterpicking rule. If you don't want opponent to choose char...then go random...DONE! ^_^

Also...BoE, and Mario Circuit need to dissappear alotta Dedede's are gettin better at zero deathing ppl on this stage...unless ppl need to get CGed more figure it out.
You forgot to add Norfair, Great Sea, Rainbow Cruise, Castle Seidge and something else >_>?

i put eldin in as a stage for DOUBLES only because i figured that it wouldn't be as bad if you had a partner that could save u from chain grab.. but i was a little unsure. i personally DO NOT like the new rainbow cruise.. but that prolly just bias on my part. also, you are allowed TWO bans, so using one to eliminate eldin shouldn't be a problem.

also, i made this ruleset and added stages from memory, so i may have left a few out.. lolz

but i my objective was to make a ruleset, and make changes here and there so that the majority could be happy

Dial-Up

Smash Journeyman

I don't get why Norfair is a counterpick. The stage is HORRIBLE. Basically, you die (or come close to it) if you don't get into a little cubby hole? Wtf is that? It took me like 237409275 tries just to finish that freaking event. That stage should be banned in my opinion. All the other stages are good.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Heyyy just got back from Boston. Is there gonna be a weekly this Friday? If there is I'll be there and I'd also like to enter...I haven't played in so long =(

I'll have all the brawl stickers (and keychains, I have some leftovers) you guys might want :D

Shin Bowser Meow

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinBowserMeow
3DS FC
4184-3865-2383
Good morning. My smashboards tag is Shin. We all know my mother wouldent name me Shin Bowser Meow obviously. How are you doing today? I hope all is well... actually i'm just wasting space on someone who i'll prolly never meet in combat unless its over wifi.I dunno if your a "Somebody" or a "nobody" on these boards, but i could care less. Not saying i'm important or anything, but you log on, blow you load and vanish like the interweb coward you are. You sir... are one Pro E-thug.

Cry
More
Please

If you dont like this... see me @ W2Z ( Web 2 Zone ) or i'll come to you. Pick your poison.

Sorry all yallz who know me irl. His post was Shinbait

.. who is this??
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also heres my idea of a good rule set.

- 3 stock
- 6 minute time limit
- best 2 of 3. finals matches being best 3 of 5
- Double Elimination
- items are OFF including smash ball

Neutral stages for singles: Final Destination, Yoshi's Story, Smashville, Pokemon Stadium, Delfino Plaza, Battlefield, Lylat Cruise

Counterpick stages for singles: Brinstar, Corneria, Halberd, Mario Circuit, Luigi's Mansion, Jungle Japes, Green Greens, Pictochat

Nuetral Stages for Doubles: Final Destination, Yoshi's Story, Smashville, Pokemon Stadium, Delfino Plaza, Battlefield, Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages for Doubles
: Brinstar, Corneria, Halberd, Mario Circuit, Luigi's Mansion, Jungle Japes, Green Greens, Pictochat, Castle Seige, Frigate Orpheon, Bridge of Eldin

Stage Banning: Each player / team may select up to 2 stages that will be banned from the tournament set. however, only one of the banned stages can be a neutral stage. (ex. yoshi's island and corneria makes a VALID ban. corneria and brinstar makes a VALID ban. yoshi's island and battlefield makes an INVALID ban.)

Stage Strike Rule
: If a stage is selected at random, each player / team can elect to reset the stage pick ONCE PER SET. the reset all must occur within 3 seconds of the start of the match.

Counterpick Rule: The loser of the match first chooses the stage that the next match of the set will be played on. The opponent, then, makes the choice of changing character or not. than the loser of the match selects his/her character.

If the loser of the match chooses to select the stage at random. The opponent CANNOT change character. The loser of the match than makes the choice of changing character or not.

-Excessive "stall" tactics are banned.
-Controller Mods are banned
-Glitches to remove control of the character from a player are bann.. yatayata

Violation of any rule is punishable by non-refunded disqualification. Simple
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what does everyone think??
singles neutrals are fine

Single counterpicks are fine with the exception of mario circuit. its a peace stage but anyone could just pick 3d if the loser picks it and the loser would have to pick someone that cant get chainthrown to not get themselves instagibbed. theres also the iusse if heads just being campy @ the edge of the walk off if things get hairy for them. D1 mentioned the stages you forgot, but I have my wii on now so let me not waste electricity and repost em.

Great Sea, Norfair, I cast my vote for Frigate in singles and i'll tell yall why in a second, and rainbow cruise I believe.

I only have one reason for friagte being in singles as a counterpick. The game warns you when the flip is going to happen. 10 / 10 if the stage instagibbs you... its your fault. you get a good 5+ seconds to go airborne in aplace where the stage wont opens its jaws and start eating babies.

Doubles complete list or netrals and counterpicks looks fine to me. I just want to know why not shadow moses as counterpick for doubles?

Stage ban rule: fine

Stage strike rule: fine

Counterpick rule: fine

Everything else should be honky dory now.

I don't get why Norfair is a counterpick. The stage is HORRIBLE. Basically, you die (or come close to it) if you don't get into a little cubby hole? Wtf is that? It took me like 237409275 tries just to finish that freaking event. That stage should be banned in my opinion. All the other stages are good.
Theres ways around the lava other than the obvious one the game gives you. If you cant get around the lava thats your fault. Same could be said about port town, but theres more than the cars that make it a terribad stage for tournaments imo.

Off to work I go now sadly.

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
BergenField, Bergen County(North East Jersey)
i agree with D1 that mario circuit needs to be gone, and i agree with dial that Norfair needs to be gone. if we want to turn this game into any more of a joke then we should keep it but if we are trying to save it from being a dumb party game we need to have to most simple stages possible.

castle siege should be counter pick. i like the stage cuz it changes and Tier is really good on it lol.

i also like great sea. there isnt any real issue with the stage that interferes with player skill. everyone is put in the same situation at once when the ship is falling through the sky.

Vanz all ur rules were hot and amazing. yes i just did it, Hot and Amazing. this should be it after these final stages are discussed we should finally have set rules in NYC.

I dont wanna make an OD long post but i also wanna talk about the laziness and lack-lusterness of NYC, but ill make it later.

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
i like the rule set and i agree that SM (shadow moses) should be banned. The only thing i don't like is the counter pick rule for winners.

Winner wins 1 round and has to stay as the character u r no questions.

Loser can only pick a different character or stage not BOTH!!!!

Yo D1 put me in ur fc list i put u in mines along with
Dark.pch
Pc chris (Awaiting response)
DmBrandon (Awaiting response)
NC1 Pride (Awaiting response)
Blackese (Awaiting response)
Dionis (i still need yours)
Bum (i still need yours)
Hax (i still need yours)

u ppl need to hurry up!!! I got 45 heads so-far my listt is almost full!!!

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
****ing marons

MARIO CURCUIT IS NOT BAD AND ALSO JUST ****ING BAN CHAINGRABBING WHY PPL CANT DO THAT ****. This community sucks balls if you dont see thats the problem.

ALSO TO ALL OF THOSE WHO WANT TO PLAY JUST RESPOND TO MY POST AND NAME A TIME AND PLACE I WILL COME TO ANYONES HOUSE AND FIGHT THEM. WES IS BACK IN ACTION TRAINING ANY PLAYING ANYONE LIKE THE OLD DAYS SO ANYONE AND ANYWHERE BRING IT *****ES. I WANT TO LEAVE MY MARK EVERYWHERE STARTING WITH SWAT AND TEAM S.

SO ANYONE HIT ME BACK SO WE CAN PLAY EACHOTHER **** ONLINE PLAY I WANT FACE TO FACE ACTION **** FC'S I WANT ADDY'S (ADDRESSES FOR THOSE WHO DONT KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT).

Alukard

Smash Hero
shin i <3 u lol ... i was about to do the same ... but i just woke up lol

and i agree with jadens list ... fawk those stupid stages like seriously ... i don't like picto chat but its not that bad ... well i'm going back to sleep laterz

TierWhore

Smash Journeyman
I think after playing against bum on skyworld that it's just a dumb stage, take it off counterpick, it's like the part of hyrule temple that noone would die until the stage breaks and everyone dies... too much of it just becomes spamming smashes because everything lasts forever when you hit the platforms. I really dislike it.

Also, the toon link's ship is annoying. The part with the bombs fcked me up in an intense match, it's not horrible, but it's not like the kind of stages you would consider legal in melee, i vote for it off.

Btw, i'm coming to the next weekly if it's on saturday, i really hope it's on saturday

X Japan

Smash Lord
.. who is this??
a legend in these parts young buck when it comes to NYC. if you don't know you nothing but a itch in your daddy's pants.

Shin Bowser Meow said:
Good morning. My smashboards tag is Shin. We all know my mother wouldent name me Shin Bowser Meow obviously. How are you doing today? I hope all is well... actually i'm just wasting space on someone who i'll prolly never meet in combat unless its over wifi.I dunno if your a "Somebody" or a "nobody" on these boards, but i could care less. Not saying i'm important or anything, but you log on, blow you load and vanish like the interweb coward you are. You sir... are one Pro E-thug.

Cry
More
Please

If you dont like this... see me @ W2Z ( Web 2 Zone ) or i'll come to you. Pick your poison.
look at this mother f**ker. 1st off don't act all smug and s**t with "How are you doing today?". 2nd off how you know if i don't know D1 and i was just f**king with him and who u to judge and call someone a "internet" coward. Its dumbs**ts like you who waste post to stuff you can't comprehend. also if you read the whole post i also made a point about the stages. short the comment i made but to the point about what D1 said about the stages. last i wouldn't waste my gas going to w2z for you unless it was a tourney. If you want to come to me be my guest my aim name is on my profile.

i'm not mad at u or anyone. i just feel that the community needs to grow some balls and ban the cheap *** move and not the stages which you can pull the cheap crap on.

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
dynamic duo

whats up you 2 when do u want to duel with me sometime i will come to ur houses even no matter to me lets set it up you can be the 1st to be victims in my quest to take over newyork............ HOw about it?

Eggm

Smash Hero
spoc comes like.. once every 6 or 7 weeks.. it's really not fair when a game gets spammed because its newer and the CLEARLY better game gets cast aside..
Hes making it monthlies so every 4 weeks. And The tunes biweeklies will become melee monthlies soon enough. So no fear for the melee players. Nice ruleset to vanz. Good stuff jman proving D.A wrong when they trashed talked u and said u can't b good cause you played high tiers (ps they said that about pc too and he got 2nd) Yo D.A it wasn't melee or broken strategies that made the newer/better melee players better. I hope you guys realize that soon.

Shin Bowser Meow

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinBowserMeow
3DS FC
4184-3865-2383
a legend in these parts young buck when it comes to NYC. if you don't know you nothing but a itch in your daddy's pants.

look at this mother f**ker. 1st off don't act all smug and s**t with "How are you doing today?". 2nd off how you know if i don't know D1 and i was just f**king with him and who u to judge and call someone a "internet" coward. Its dumbs**ts like you who waste post to stuff you can't comprehend. also if you read the whole post i also made a point about the stages. short the comment i made but to the point about what D1 said about the stages. last i wouldn't waste my gas going to w2z for you unless it was a tourney. If you want to come to me be my guest my aim name is on my profile.

i'm not mad at u or anyone. i just feel that the community needs to grow some balls and ban the cheap *** move and not the stages which you can pull the cheap crap on.

I love you in a non homo way ~^.^~. Its all good to me homie. I cant be seriously mad @ someone I dont know. Trash talk ftw???

Top Bottom