• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Close

Messiano

Smash Journeyman
And ya if i do go let me know if you wanna come over or w/e and we will just leave whenever we get bored or feel like it

QNZ_RAFA

Smash Ace
i'm starting to agree with ****ing DA ...... its better in person i hate online >.>
D@MN YO! we can't just be DA?? we gotta be ****ing DA?? and yea debating in person > online ( Alukard Posts: 2,388 ).... i agree too. haha.

Look... this is really how ppl should look at damage ratio. and I did look into it. when you add a .1 to the damage ratio means that whatever move your using... say your forward smash, NOT USED, gets like 15%... when you add the .1 your basically adding 10% more power behind it. Now what will this do to the game.

Yes, It will speed up matches cuz ppl will die faster, which was a huge complaint when the game first came out. IT TAKES TO LONG TO KILL!! THIS GAME SUCKS! while in melee you can literally down smash and shine off stage and thats it. so now if you add damage ratio to the game what happens w/ low tier?

OF COURSE.... light characters die quicker...but umm...guess what??? HEAVY CHARACTERS TOO. but now think about this. I play alot w/ ganon. Dude SUCKS. but I like the character. Now...I get my own flurries going where im just landing hit after hit after hit. Like im on fire. but guess what.... under 1.0 damage ratio... I have to be on fire for like 40 seconds straight... (hard as $H1T) while if you increase the damage ratio I'll have to be on fire for much less.

SONIC.... if used correctly can drain MAD DAMAGE fast. but..how does he kill?? he can...but its dumb hard....A) he's weak B) you have to save moves in order to do so. BUT he can kill his enemy at lower %.

The reason why ppl cant get past this changing damage ratio is becuz it wuz never done in melee. guess what... this aint melee. If it wuz put in the options field then why not concider it?

if you increase it to 1.1, falco can't grab you from the middle of the stage and chain you off w/ a spike. it ends much less. pikachu's down thru chaingrab on fox is lowered from 90-100% to about 40%. and if you increase it by even one more... you can get out of alot of wall infinites sooner. I wish it could solve D3's chaingrab but unfortunately it has way to much hit stun to stop it from chaining. At 1.3 middle weight characters flop on the floor and he cant do it to them. but i think i went to about 1.4 and ganon wuz still getting chained by D3, I didnt even attempt to go higher cuz then it gets ridiculous.

But I think chaining the game to 1.1 or maybe even 1.2 should be concidered. same game...less flaws. try it.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
i mentioned to people a while back that the evolution of this game may be with a 1.1 damage ratio. We will see as this game, to me, is still figuring out its tournament standard. H3 had the same issue so I think its safe to say try everything out and go for it.

BUM163

Smash Lord
it allows less chaingrabbing and faster deaths.... thrust forcing the game to putting 4 stock. it would have to be

Zro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4356-1415-1117
hahahahaha. O com'on. I know Im not THE ONLY ONE that found this funny.
i was tight that day cus i was the only one who tried to stop ron's brolic ***. n***a was walking while i was trying with all my strength to stop him. boy was i tired after that XD

BUM163

Smash Lord
ighttt the bx weekly is under way. i wish more would of came, but i guess it will take time. anyone want to come just call me and let me know.

Messiano

Smash Journeyman
okay I dont know if im coming tonight, But listen if anyone wants to give me a call if they are leaving early and wanna smash and crash at my house give me a call 757 849 4352...Anyone is welcome as long as your with someone i know like I love you guys but some of yous...well ya LOL

repost for those who haven't read ill be doing this through out the night

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Be Careful with messing with the ratio. Set knockback moves are affected the most. You should test set knockback moves such as Yoshi's down tilt and throws so they don't destroy average recoveries at very low percentages.

Messiano

Smash Journeyman
Was wondering anyone have a capture card and can post a few videos on youtube for me let me know thanks and again

okay I dont know if im coming tonight, But listen if anyone wants to give me a call if they are leaving early and wanna smash and crash at my house give me a call 757 849 4352...Anyone is welcome as long as your with someone i know like I love you guys but some of yous...well ya LOL

repost for those who haven't read ill be doing this through out the night

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
Is it really an option to change damage ratio? I thought the meta game was getting up there and time in matches wasn't becoming an issue. So whats the point of getting damage ratio up there? Wouldn't that just make top tier completely simple to play?

HoMaLoN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoMaLoN
exactly. plus when people came. no one got mess with at all. yea it may look different from what ya use to and that is regards to mahattan since alot of people go there, but ya need to grow up, the world is full of different things. i'm busting my azz just so the smash community can have something in nyc. if it gets to the point me and the boss is gonna hire a cop just for the weeklys. so far no one can say anything till something happens to ya.

anyway bx weekly this friday lol.
I know im a few days let but if Snakeee can come all the way from SI to alll the way up north to the BX and go home it one piece then all yall that saying the bx is bad should quit life. nuff said dont believe wat the movies say kiddies

soul ark

Smash Ace
i dont know what the problem is i've lived in the bx all my life it's not that serious. i was only jumped once and that was in middle school.

of course that doesn't say much but still come on man up dudes

cba

Smash Master
stitchface?.. I was thinking more like mr. saturn to break your sheild.. than switching too dedede and Fsmashing the crap out of you ^_^
LMAOOOO
Did you? plz dont, id rather quit life alltogether.

cba

Smash Master
stitchface?.. I was thinking more like mr. saturn to break your sheild.. than switching too dedede and Fsmashing the crap out of you ^_^
and when i said stitchface i meant MELEE stitchface me using jiggs with 211% and my sheild broken from mr. Saturn.

D1

Banned via Administration
I thought Bum ranked players already.

You can ask him for the rankings basically he knows which players are the top 10 easily.

Zro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4356-1415-1117
Im trying to get serious about Brawl now, i couldn't make the Power Rankings in Melee but ill see if i can make it in Brawl. Ekido!
i swear to god jash, if u dont write in a light green i will one: i will never read what you have to say and two: i will be sad cus i can never read what you have to say XD

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I rather hear about how this is done before I even decided how this will be done.

How will these rankings be done. And do you get points if you do good out of N.Y also?

Scissors Sir

Smash Ace
To dark pch

Out of state placings are one of the things that go into account when power rankings are done. But there still has to be placings in the area you're trying to get ranked in to really be considered.

I'll work my way back up and make people sick again though soon enough.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
For out of state my record is looking good then. And as For N.Y, last 2 weekiles I went I hit the single digits. So I guess I am on the right track.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
These are my offline tournament records. In and outside of N.Y:

9th of 62 (Montage Presents: The Peak, Already? Princeton, New Jersey) 5/17/08
13th out of 30 (NYC weeklies) 6/??/08
13th out of 76 (Mass Madness 10, Massachusetts) 7/12/08
7th out of 44 (NYC Weeklies) 7/18/08
9th out of 60 (NYC weeklies) 7-25-08
9th out of 65 (Mass Madness 12, Massachutsetts) 10/04/08
3rd out of 29 (Newbs for brawl 4, Conneticuit) 10/25/08 *Singles*
1st out of 13 (Newbs for brawl 4, Conneticuit) 10/25/08 *Teams*

So to start me off you can use these. And for more recent action in N.Y guess I'll have to do Bums weeklies. But can't at this momnent. Maybe in about 2 weeks or so.

Top Bottom