• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Close

Ryan-K

Smash Master
uh what? LOL

besides the fact that gaw is a rigged character

you aren't going to kill him in one hit, stop making **** up

im saying instead of having to hit him 3 times at 110% to even have a remote chance of killing the lighest char in the game, hitting him once might do it or send him closer.

oh and btw, all that **** is assuming you are OFF THE STAGE. really brian, you want them to never die on the edge? you just complained about that 2 pages ago. also notice i brought up you may be risking your stock to edgeguard him because gaw's recovery is godly and he might stagespike you or set you up for fairs or whatever, and this is without damage ratio being changed. are you saying it's un fair you risk your stock to kill a light character at high percent and that he doesn't even come close to dying unless you use like your strongest attack? **** that

stop making **** up, it's really annoying

first you complain about a problem, then you ***** about when we try to fix it, you cant have it both ways. i brought up gaw because you specifically complained about him.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
I was gonna leave this alone but I'm sorry lol I just can't help but add to this...

I don't understand where I was comparing handicaps to items. I was simply saying that damage ratio and items were settings within the options of the game. Not hacks. So experimenting within these options are still experimenting within the game.

Also, complaining GnW's? GnW could die at freaking 60% and still be a GODLY character.

Alukard

Smash Hero
i also said two pages ago ... that alll characters make it back ... so now by ur logic ur ****ing up light characters and basically heavy ones stay the same cuz it still takes multiple hits to take them out ... so thats where the balance gets messed up ...

seriously ... it takes me two seconds to find things that will create problems ... its pretty obvious its not going to b good for the game ... all this change is going to **** it up ...

i'm starting to agree with ****ing DA ... the community is wat ****s **** up ... ya have 170+ people going to play ur game ... just b ****ing happy and play the game ... dont like it dont come ... i like brawl to an extent thats why i enter tournies to an extent ... i'm going to bed ... nite guys =] ... i hope you guys are at bums weekly to debate more ... its better in person i hate online >.>

Ryan-K

Smash Master
heavy characters will take less hits to kill

light characters obviously wont die in one hit duh, it just wont be stupidly difficult to kill them thus negating the weight disadvantage

this isn't a movement to change tournament standards, it's a call to try new **** out because obviously people are dissatisfied with the game. even if people attend tournaments i always hear people *****ing about it.

i wont be at bums ill try to b at ur thing

ANTi_

Smash Hero
-acts like a melee player-
why are you guys arguing over brawl not worth it. :)

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Well honestly Vanz, the WD code is really bad in brawl. Its barely anything like the melee WD, its really flawed and combined with brawl's mechanics, not very useful or fun.

The L cancelling code is really cool though. Obviously tripping sucks and should be removed... we've already gotten that far, lol.

But the damage ratio thing is really interesting. People should be giving it a chance rather than acting like its a curse upon mankind.

KnightMare516

Smash Lord
Well honestly Vanz, the WD code is really bad in brawl. Its barely anything like the melee WD, its really flawed and combined with brawl's mechanics, not very useful or fun.

The L cancelling code is really cool though. Obviously tripping sucks and should be removed... we've already gotten that far, lol.

But the damage ratio thing is really interesting. People should be giving it a chance rather than acting like its a curse upon mankind.
i agree with the damage ratio thing but i also was thinking about making it higher gravity so that it can be a lil faster. If you make it higher gravity play, yes that will let ligher charcter like mk live loner to the ceiling but that is where the damage ratio comes in. things will have higher knockback but fall a lil faster. that way most airals fast fall then l cancel. this will severely speed up the game and make it that more competitive. it will probably also f up chaingrabing. just try it and see how it plays.

i also dont mind wavedashing i mean it doesnt do any harm. if anything it gives us more options. dont you mis wavedashing with marth or maybeit will help out CRAPTAIN FALCON or SHIUCK LMAO

Cia

das kwl
it's not so much the wd that I like, it's "one airdodge" that's amazing.

L cancel sounds great.

high grav.. <_< I like it for capt. falcon because can combo, but dedede, sonic, and jigglypuff get their recoveries *****. <_<

and damage ratio?? how much are you guys planning to tweak it? GaW hits waaaay too hard (stupid *** character) but sonic probably wouldn't be able to kill at all.

the damage ratio thing sounds more like an attempt to "tame" some characters, but I think that might be a bit more destructive then helpful. I'll try anything once tho

KnightMare516

Smash Lord
it's not so much the wd that I like, it's "one airdodge" that's amazing.

L cancel sounds great.

high grav.. <_< I like it for capt. falcon because can combo, but dedede, sonic, and jigglypuff get their recoveries *****. <_<

and damage ratio?? how much are you guys planning to tweak it? GaW hits waaaay too hard (stupid *** character) but sonic probably wouldn't be able to kill at all.

the damage ratio thing sounds more like an attempt "tame" some characters, but I think that might be a bit more destructive then helpful. I'll try anything once tho
i think they wanna tweak it so people get killed easier. so it would help sonic.

also look at the 3 people u named fpr there recoveries gettin *****. 3 of the best recoveries gettin toned down sounds fine to me. i mean sonic should not be able to go under fd lol. and jiggs can go from all the way left on hyrule and go all the way under the rising pound all the way to the right. that shouldnt be possible. also this will prevent rising pound from being possible so it takes away from stalling. i can see where DDD might have a lil more trouble but he is one of the best in the game. i think he can afford to have 1 lil flaw like that.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Well the gravity thing does have problems, I have experimented with it.

The damage ratio thing could make attacks like DK's forward smash godly. But it could dispose of chaingrabbing. It could make brawl matches end much more quickly. There could be 4 stock matches instead. It could mean that getting punished matters a lot more. Which in turn could mean that the airdodge isn't your nice little convenient tool to get out of any jam and not worry about your mistakes. Because if you get caught with something, it matters more. The edgeguarding becomes more effective. I see an overwhelming majority of desired effects here.

KnightMare516

Smash Lord
Well the gravity thing does have problems, I have experimented with it.

The damage ratio thing could make attacks like DK's forward smash godly. But it could dispose of chaingrabbing. It could make brawl matches end much more quickly. There could be 4 stock matches instead. It could mean that getting punished matters a lot more. Which in turn could mean that the airdodge isn't your nice little convenient tool to get out of any jam and not worry about your mistakes. Because if you get caught with something, it matters more. The edgeguarding becomes more effective. I see an overwhelming majority of desired effects here.
hm i see what u mean by that with dks fsmash but perhaps that will make a mid tier character better. besides you should rarely get hit by dks fsmash it isnt the fast fsmash in the world. But you can mindgme people into the fsmash. i got to do some testing by myself as well

ANTi_

Smash Hero
yo eli when i go to knightmares tourny it will be great if you can install the homebrew on my wii :)

BUM163

Smash Lord
ok i just wanna say a few words. to the people complaining about how the bx is a bad place. why? cause theres alot of black people there? people who dress ghetto like such as myself? i wanna point out a couple of things considering i work in web2zone. number one while being in mahattan working in web2zone i almost had a fight off of a drunk guy.

me and ron almost beat up a dude cause he couldn't stay out of business and wanted to try to pick on cass cause we was saying the n word.... like he hasn't ever heard people say it before or rappers. then recently in play and trade i almost got in a fight with a random drunk dude for no reason. i live in the bx all my life and i'm always back and forth from my house to the venue and from my exp nothin like that has happen. so until something happens then you can complain whoever the person or people is.

BUM163

Smash Lord
bx weekly this friday. after school you may go to the place and get training in. if you don't know how to get there, call me or the place and ask for directions or for me to pick you up.

Messiano

Smash Journeyman
ok i just wanna say a few words. to the people complaining about how the bx is a bad place. why? cause theres alot of black people there? people who dress ghetto like such as myself? i wanna point out a couple of things considering i work in web2zone. number one while being in mahattan working in web2zone i almost had a fight off of a drunk guy.

me and ron almost beat up a dude cause he couldn't stay out of business and wanted to try to pick on cass cause we was saying the n word.... like he hasn't ever heard people say it before or rappers. then recently in play and trade i almost got in a fight with a random drunk dude for no reason. i live in the bx all my life and i'm always back and forth from my house to the venue and from my exp nothin like that has happen. so until something happens then you can complain whoever the person or people is.
Bum The only reason we say the BX is a bad place is because you scare us and you live there :\..

Nah Listen there's millions of places worse then the Bronx same way there's 100 Millions better every place has its nice areas and its bad..I live in a good neighborhood but a short drive away there is red hook and well i don't intend on walking through for no decent reason Lol...

Wake up people and grow up a tad :p.

BUM163

Smash Lord
exactly. plus when people came. no one got mess with at all. yea it may look different from what ya use to and that is regards to mahattan since alot of people go there, but ya need to grow up, the world is full of different things. i'm busting my azz just so the smash community can have something in nyc. if it gets to the point me and the boss is gonna hire a cop just for the weeklys. so far no one can say anything till something happens to ya.

anyway bx weekly this friday lol.

Alukard

Smash Hero
whoa bum ... bx blows ... i'm sry dont sugar coat it lol ... u telling me u didn't fight when u were younger ... u dont fight now ... because u are like a grandpa ... yea i said it ... grandpa KONG! =]]]]

ANTi_

Smash Hero
nahh bum u dont gotta waste money on cops we gotta learn to hold our own in these streets.

but if some n****s come at me with a weapon i might s**t myself lol

-__-

Smash Ace
I'm unbanned. Lol..

Shout outs

JASH and BLAZE - WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!! BIG WELCOME BACK WAS NICE SEEIN U GUYZ AGAIN BLAZIN BuDDERS ALL DAY!!!!!! XD

BLUE - ........ sonic is CRAZY O_O!!! maad fun matches lol. i got scared i was guna get timed out the set but man its so hard to find good sonic players and people who STICK TO THERE MAINS. GGs man hope to fight u again soon.

Bum - Go ta hell LOL

D1 - Just like ol' times eh? we back on top and we mean business LOL.

Tipman - your fat =\

Glick - Jiggz vs Dedede is such a fat match lol. i like how the guy yelled at us the second the set finished xD. Nice moneh match.

and thats all folks.

Scissors Sir

Smash Ace
Anyone afraid of going to the bx venue shouldn't be travelling to tournaments alone to begin with

Just a few tips for the ones that are scared

- Don't be oblivious to who you're walking past.
Someone may not even be thinking about messin with you... but then they hear something like "I think they should raise the entry fee so noob metaknights stop showing up to tournies" you might get asked for your entry fee

- Don't advertise what you may be carrying of value
You might find it cool looking to wear your gamecube controller draped over your neck. Or you may even be worried about a drink you have in your bag getting on your wii. Fight the urge to whip it out and make adjustments

- when to talk/not talk on your phone

Some women find it a good idea to talk to someone on the phone while travelling through an unfamiliar or scary area. It works with guys... just not as well.

Even if you do try that out, keep in mind the type of phone you have

If newest, hottest, latest can describe it... might want to keep it put away...

D1

Banned via Administration
And thats it today with Ron on "Smashers 101: How to Survive In the Hood."

Brought to you by TS.

Cia

das kwl
this is gonna seem completely random, but I just wanted to say it where everyone would see it.

"I AM NOT A CRACK ADDICT!!"

icanstopwheneveriwantothanks

blackanese

Smash Lord
New York Citaaay :333 Occupation: Stripper ;]
Someone may not even be thinking about messin with you... but then they hear something like "I think they should raise the entry fee so noob metaknights stop showing up to tournies" you might get asked for your entry fee
LMFAO might get asked 4 YOUR entry fee xD, i can see some guy saying soemthing like that on commercial or soemthing

Messiano

Smash Journeyman
okay I dont know if im coming tonight, But listen if anyone wants to give me a call if they are leaving early and wanna smash and crash at my house give me a call 757 849 4352...Anyone is welcome as long as your with someone i know like I love you guys but some of yous...well ya LOL

Top Bottom