• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Close

Alukard

Smash Hero
Oh **** he said you suck, But he loves how you suck =x

And It isnt that choppy its Well as my friend said "Wavedashing in a different game" Certain characters look like they take 3 steps glide the rest others just go its just odd. But ya i dont want a console crashing on me because its a 3rd party mod only way would be if nintendo backed it and that isnt gunna happen
1st part ... no way i love hab ... just telling him wat beast DI looks like ... i've teamed with DJ alot lol

and the second part is exactly how i feel ... dont get me wrong it sounds fun ... i mean i'm ike ... imagine me wavelanding bairs and nairs ... thats ****ing ******** ... and amazing ... or WD f tilt ... sheesh i got shivers ... but BUT ... after i hit them ... then the wii crashes and we have to like restart ... LAME -___-'

Ryan-K

Smash Master
do you have the new wd code that doesnt put characters into their up b freefall?, but puts them in a neutral freefall?

if not then that would explain it

rob made the old wd code freeze, this one has a new mechanic that doesnt put them in a freefall but you're just in a neutral aerial pose but you cant do anything out of it aside from DI

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
The WD codes sucks. It always sucked. However, the L cancel code is amazing.
Shield cancelling might be a little excessive in people's eyes, but its still really enjoyable.

But the L cancelling code is way too good. Its almost exactly like a melee L cancel and it doesn't make anybody too powerful or anything like that.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Dionis is mad out of the loop.

Basically, heads are calling this Brawl+. First, they figured out how to eliminate random tripping by modifying the game code through the Twilight Hack. Then, someone figured out that the pause camera can have the restrictions of it taken off, allowing you zoom it in or out alot. Then someone else figured out how to modify the airdodging code and make it like Melee's airdodge, allowing for wavedashing. Then there was the code that allowed "shield-cancelling," which basically eliminates all the lag of every aerial and go directly into shield.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
and now they have a code that's just like melee's l cancelling in that it cuts the lag in half roughly upon landing and it's amazing :D

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
its so funny how so many people used to complain about brawl not being melee... but now that they are giving you everything you want people are still complaining cuz it doesnt feel like brawl anymore

Snakeee

Smash Master
WDing is fun, but when it changes the entire gameplay of a game that didn't have it in previously it's more of a gimmick to mess around with

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Yea the WDing code sucks ***, I've already said that. But the L cancelling code makes the game 100% better. Give me a GOOD reason to not use it competitively, aside from the whole "its not meant to be in the game" crap. If thats the case, put tripping back in. L cancelling barely changes anything, it just cuts lag in half for some attacks, but it doesn't make them spammable. It just makes some characters not be terrible. Thats it.

And L cancelling =/= Shield cancelling.

And the whole "no tripping is an annoyance, where as the L cancelling is something you're adding".... well the way I see it, L cancelling should have been in the game to begin with. Brawl seems more like an unfinished game in many respects. But you have to remember that there's a competitive community vs. a casual community... and GUESS WHAT? WE'RE the competitive community putting up with casual nonsense for no reason. As long as you're disabling items to make the game more competitive, go ahead and take the next step in a logical direction.

And about the whole 'other fighting game communities don't do this'... yea, thats why they're OTHER fighting game communities. Remember how the Evo rules looked like? HMMMM.

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
I completely agree with Eli, WD code sucks balls, but the shield cancelling aerials is awesome, it would many more characters better to use (since all characters have great aerial moves) and would add to the game with a certain balance.

It's true..people hate brawl cause it's so different from melee but when people go out of thier way to change the game into something much more like melee...people still cry. You dam melle players and your spoiled brat indecisive-like-a-female attitudes, suck it up!

You can't seem to please people at all, everyone apparently wants thier own specific version of the game.

Cia

das kwl
its so funny how so many people used to complain about brawl not being melee... but now that they are giving you everything you want people are still complaining cuz it doesnt feel like brawl anymore
exactly :)

it's sad, but people have gotten used to the game w/o it and are now afraid of change :[

soul ark

Smash Ace
exactly :)

it's sad, but people have gotten used to the game w/o it and are now afraid of change :[
i dont mind change though i was never into melee all that much it would be nice to put these skills to practice but the only thing is what if they dont allow it in other torneys. we would be so used to all this hacking we wouldn't know what to do with ourselves.

not likely that other torneys will catch on but if they do it will add a whole new layer onto brawl mabye make it mlg material.

Alukard

Smash Hero
no ... way dire ...

seriously ... brawl is an ok game but the edge guarding is wats stupid ... its REALLY hard to edge guard a metaknight gnw .... man almost the whole cast ... its just the whole WD thing is silly ... the l canclling i haven't seen ... but i'm just saying ... it shouldn't b changed ... ANNNNNND eli i always told bum tripping should b on ... cuz i'm always praying a falco or ddd trips while they got me with the DREADFUL Z BUTTON! =]

u either wanna play brawl ... or u wanna play melee ... like seriously now WDing isn't going to stop a MK's over b attack lol

cba

Smash Master
no ... Way Dire ...

Seriously ... Brawl Is An Ok Game But The Edge Guarding Is Wats Stupid ... Its Really Hard To Edge Guard A Metaknight Gnw .... Man Almost The Whole Cast ... Its Just The Whole Wd Thing Is Silly ... The L Canclling I Haven't Seen ... But I'm Just Saying ... It Shouldn't B Changed ... Annnnnnd Eli I Always Told Bum Tripping Should B On ... Cuz I'm Always Praying A Falco Or Ddd Trips While They Got Me With The Dreadful Z Button! =]

U Either Wanna Play Brawl ... Or U Wanna Play Melee ... Like Seriously Now Wding Isn't Going To Stop A Mk's Over B Attack Lol
Qftt......

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Lets face it Alu... Melee might be a great game but its getting really old. Even Gmoney who has been obsessed with the game all this time is getting tired of it. But still, you're saying you pray a chaingrabbing DDD or Falco trips? Ok... but what if there were another way around it? Because tripping doesn't only happen during chaingrabs SOMETIMES, but its random. It could happen at any time, which isn't something to bet money on.

And that way around it... well I haven't experimented with it yet... but apparently turning the damage ratio up a little will get rid of a lot of chaingrabbing. Its definitely something worth testing. If the game can be tweaked to be a lot more competitive without MAJOR changes, then its worth a try considering that it will bring a huge crowd of people every time, NO MATTER WHAT.

Alukard

Smash Hero
Ok, turn tripping and items back on. Don't forget to play on 75M from time to time for the practice.
ok well ur being a littel ridiculous on the borderline of tweaky and options ... ur talking about hadicaps and just compared them to a lega stage whether it having hazards ... and no one said melee isn't getting old ... i dont play the game unless theres like a smashfest or a tourney ... cuz to me its really fun and face paced ... but i love all tournaments ... so thats why i'm going to bums thing this friday ... i'm just saying hacking a game to make it appealing doesn't make it better ... it might in the long run kill the game ... just leave it as it is ... its bringing people and $$ in ... just leave it as is ... no need for all the other hacks ... seriously ... 3rd party modifications and all this crapola is just going to spoil wat people apparantly already like ...

seriously the ONLY THING I HATE IN BRAWL IS THE EDGE CONTROL .... smash to me was keep them off the stage ... but now its ... hit them off ... watch them come back and hit them with something really strong so they can't ... and thats it lol ...

but other then that reason ... i like brawl even all the random stuff ...imo thats wat keeps me on my feet lol sumtimes i dont kno where the hit box is going lmfaooo

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
I will play Free for alls with items and random stages over competetive 1 on 1's anyday.
Would you bet money on winning them?

And Alu... I said that to make a point, and this is my point:

We are a competitive community, so we tweak a game to make it more competitive. Don't act like Brawl is an exception... Melee was tweaked the hell out of. The neutral stages, no items, certain tactics like wobbling and stalling.... These are tweaks. Sakurai ****ed up and set the damage ratio default to be too low for our interests, so there's no reason to not fix them to be more competitive since we are a competitive community.

I'd understand what you were saying if we were tweaking the game too much. But it really isn't a major change at all. All it does is make the game more balanced, nothing more, nothing less. And it isn't more complicated than that.

Its not like Brawl won't bring in tons of money with these settings on, you know. In fact, it could bring in more.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
handicap/damage ratio is an option just like items

what is so ridiculous about that, lol

if you think messing with damage ratio is asinine then maybe you shouldn't have unlocked item switch because they are options in the game.

but hey don't complain when you get bored because you didn't wanna even give another playmode a chance

im not saying have a tourney dedicated to that alone but not even wanting to experiment is just close minded and wasting the game's versatility, something the competitive community doesn't take advantage of in a game that needs to use it oh so badly since the core gameplay is pretty limited.

phish-it

Smash Champion
Would you bet money on winning them?

And Alu... I said that to make a point, and this is my point:

We are a competitive community, so we tweak a game to make it more competitive. Don't act like Brawl is an exception... Melee was tweaked the hell out of. The neutral stages, no items, certain tactics like wobbling and stalling.... These are tweaks. Sakurai ****ed up and set the damage ratio default to be too low for our interests, so there's no reason to not fix them to be more competitive since we are a competitive community.

I'd understand what you were saying if we were tweaking the game too much. But it really isn't a major change at all. All it does is make the game more balanced, nothing more, nothing less. And it isn't more complicated than that.

Its not like Brawl won't bring in tons of money with these settings on, you know. In fact, it could bring in more.

Haha no, I don't play Brawl competetively anymore. But yeah I agree with what Alukard is saying, in all these hacks trying to make Brawl like Melee will probably kill it in the long run. I mean, if you want to make Brawl like Melee why don't you just play Melee instead.

I'd still liek to play around with airdodge and L canceling hacks though.

Alukard

Smash Hero
handicap/damage ratio is an option just like items

what is so ridiculous about that, lol

if you think messing with damage ratio is asinine then maybe you shouldn't have unlocked item switch because they are options in the game.

but hey don't complain when you get bored because you didn't wanna even give another playmode a chance

im not saying have a tourney dedicated to that alone but not even wanting to experiment is just close minded and wasting the game's versatility, something the competitive community doesn't take advantage of in a game that needs to use it oh so badly since the core gameplay is pretty limited.
wow ... u guys are literally saying DAMAGE RATIO is the same as items ... i dont feel like discussing anymore ...

changing damage ratio may fix sumthing ... and then **** sumthing else up ... having neutral stages ... mean they are normal stages no hazards ... MEANING NO PLUS on some one and negative on someone else ... thats why damage ratio shouldn't b ... and its a really big deal ... if u think about it ... taking away items and handicaps ... wow ... lol

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Excuse me good sir... did you say that neutral stages don't give characters any advantages over others based on the stage? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

MM my DDD on FD.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
so does that mean you will never complain about the game again alu?

because we're trying to improve it, at least give it a chance.

damage ratio is in the game, it's not even a ****ing hack dude, it's under more options, you would know if you experimented with all the various options the game had

if you're as "purist" as you seem to claim or imply, then items and all stages should be on

obviously the competitive community is not beyond messing with options because we have been doing so for 7 years.

Alukard

Smash Hero
i'm not implying that at all i'm just saying it shouldn't b taken to the extent of damage ... i mean thats a bit much imo ...

also eli ... my talk about plus and minus was for items .... LMFAO AT U TOTALLY DISREGUARDING MY FIRST LINE IN MY POST

LOL seriously i'm not ******** ... i kno stages help and stuff ... look at melee or brawl ... counter pick stages ... it means sumthing ... wow to ur ignorance lmaooo u guys are taking my OPINION out of control lol

Ryan-K

Smash Master
what the hell are you rambling on about guy, lol

you havent addressed a single point aside from saying "lol stop being ignorant", make your posts coherent ffs

don't call someone out on something if you're going to do the same thing.

Alukard

Smash Hero
wat !!!!

are u serious ... i just said u guys can't compare damage ratio to items ... how isn't that making a point ... also i told eli he mis read wat i said about stages

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Nah Alu, I'm not disregarding some parts of your posts. I'm trying to find arguments to respond to, because its a bit challenging in that mess of laughter. Can you make a point please?

I mean, the point I was making in regards to damage ratio in relation to items is that, they are both default settings in the game that you can change. Items was default set on to medium spawn. Damage ratio is default set to whatever it currently is.

And it wouldn't be going too far to experiment with the damage ratio because that could eliminate chain grabbing. You say it could bring up other problems... OK, so why not try it then to see what comes up? I don't understand that 'point' you were making.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
we aren't talking about what each option does

the comparison is drawn from the fact that items off is a change from the default settings, so why is damage ratio so bad to change?

if the damage ratio is changed, your edge problem might be solved because hits will be stronger. how would you know what it ****s up if you dont play it? items were tested in melee before they were shut off, lol

so do you like brawl as it is? cuz if you complain about it then lol, we are giving you a chance to try something new, if you dont like it you obviously think brawl is flawless or **** close.

Snakeee

Smash Master
I didn't mean that we shouldn't consider changing the damage output, although it would be a pain to have to take note of every little thing it would change like at what percent a cg is escapable for each character. However, I actually like a game that takes a while though.

And Alucard I like the edgeguarding in this game. It's not as simple as you say, and I'm still thinking of new ways to edgeguard with my character...you just can't edgeguard from the stage much in this compared to Melee. I like that the opponent usually has a decent chance to come back to the stage at least.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
well for stuff like ddd, it may make chaingrabs except on walls impossible, i havent tested it yet becayse there would be no point since evidently everyone seems to think the game is perfect as is.

also snake, please dont bring melee into this, you had plenty of options to get on stage LMAO didn't you play peach? you of all people should be aware of that.

Alukard

Smash Hero
ok well u guys are taking this wayyyy tooooo serious.

First of all cuz snakeee isn't thinking only on one side. Thats a good opinion on the edge guarding but ...i said its really hard ... thats why i dont like it lol there should b a few options if u got taken off the stage i mean thats the point of the game =\ I just feel otherwise. i really can't argue with u about ur opinion lol .

Eli, u just can't compare someone being handicapped to items ... its not even logical... think about it

and ryan ur not even reading ... from the beginning i said i dont care about anything in brawl except edge guarding ... how is damage ratio going to help that ?

Ryan-K

Smash Master
because you hit them harder so instead of having to hit them over and over and over as they DI up you hit them less times because the knockback is higher

so instead of hitting gaw like 3 times to kill him you may have to only hit him once off stage

the characters with ridiculous recoveries like mk and gaw tend to be light so you only have to take a stock risking chance once to kill instead of getting a terribly proportioned risk:reward ratio

Alukard

Smash Hero
because you hit them harder so instead of having to hit them over and over and over as they DI up you hit them less times because the knockback is higher

so instead of hitting gaw like 3 times to kill him you may have to only hit him once off stage

the characters with ridiculous recoveries like mk and gaw tend to be light so you only have to take a stock risking chance once to kill instead of getting a terribly proportioned risk:reward ratio
and so ur saying this is fair LMFAO ... so now we have a bunch of complaining GnW's ... thats wat i'm talking about the balance just gets ****ed up

Top Bottom