• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Close

DVDA

Smash Apprentice
i def support bum running these tournaments.

as well as ace and I don't think two people working at the desk clueless on what they're doing should ruin it for those two.
Do you even know exactly what went on or what all the issues are? You blindly follow Bum and Ace, and are definitely biased as all the people posting in this thread. You all know Bum and that's why you follow him. It's stupid and not progressive.

JumpMan_Punk

Smash Journeyman
I heard about the w2z situation. From what I heard ppl wasn't doing their jobs to begin with. Also bum that convo with sally was not needed. I couldn't even read it to care plus she has nothing to do with it. So y bring that crap in the boards. Also who ever was getting on Alex, that is also not needed cause he finding out stuff and he also likes the weeklies so he was pretty much neutral. People getting fired is a big thing so it had to be something a lot more serious than the current situation now. Personally I felt the weeklies was mad disorganized for a long while when brawl came out. The only time it was organized was when Jayoyeah or Alex would run the brackets. I would want the weeklies to come back at the same time i don't care if comes back(mad ******** logic right=) ). What I really want is apex to become regional cause NYC needs a regional tourney badly. Right now they're 3 jobs up for grabs at w2z right now does anybody want them lol cause I'm sure as hell interested lol

-__-

Smash Ace
.....shut Up Vlad
OMG DIDDY IS TOO GOOD get 10 stocked in a 9stock match lmao but hoyo seriously some of us know why ur being defensive and im alrite with your opinion but really no one here but Bum and Ace and maybe alex kno the whole story so seriously drop it guyz and let them discuss it amongst themselves all we have to do is follow and support....

DVDA

Smash Apprentice
well dire u already saw the email. this wasn't my event yet i got in trouble. for the people that don't know why i got fired here's the email. i got fired for other people mistakes and i struggle everytime to keep this thing alive and my boss still doesn't want to hear anything.

Oni163: they didn't fired me cuz i was late
alymew: and?.........
does privacy exist anymore?

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
OMG DIDDY IS TOO GOOD get 10 stocked in a 9stock match lmao but hoyo seriously some of us know why ur being defensive and im alrite with your opinion but really no one here but Bum and Ace and maybe alex kno the whole story so seriously drop it guyz and let them discuss it amongst themselves all we have to do is follow and support....
Hoyo and I know the whole story too.

BUM163

Smash Lord
i like how people defend a gurl he likes n was at web2zone everyday tryin 2 talk 2 a gurl he owes money oppppps. i like how a gurl is defendin her man who is snake like n use to steal from tournaments... don't believe me ask pc chris who lost out on 300 extra dollars from melee or ask dave who inform me on wat alex use to do opppppps. jumpman this is not even none of ur business hahahahahahaha. brawl wasn't disorganized. it just a real slow game. of course its gonna take time. the game moves at wayyyyyy slower pace than melee. alex had it easy wit such a slow game plus i join the tournament in which people said they had no problems with that.

alex, hoyo, sally and clarissa i have no respect for. alex cause he is snake like, hoyo cause we look out for u when u wasn't even pose to be at the store n jeffery look out for u, but u a fake anyway. sally n clarissa is backstabbers cause they mess up and we pay the price for it.

-__-

Smash Ace
dayumm that post is worse then getting perfected on a 99 stock match with 3 min time limit by a jiggly puff who has modded settings so all she can do is shield

BUM163

Smash Lord
when people ask me for money i look out, when people couldn't pay for training grounds which happen soooooo many times, i look out, when people couldn't enter the tournament, i look out. i look out for alot of people and risk my job for alot of people. even alex gurl she came in tg at times n didn't pay in the beginning n i never said anything. i like how people defend no matter wat instead of facing the truth.

i'm 2 grown to lie, cheat n steal from people. not my style n wasn't ever. people can't say i ever did people wrong. u don't like i speak the truth then don't test me. i can admit when i'm wrong and i know when i'm right. i got luv all everyone in the gaming community and ya know that. whoever thinks i'm fake or watever then theres no need for u to talk 2 me n pretend.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
There is no johns if it was a slow game or whatnot Bum. It was still a tournament. It was 7 minutes compared to the 8 in Melee. Infact, it didn't matter because there was a timer in it.

You have to understand that the tourys from the past was in your responsibility and that you ran them past or nearly past the closing time. There were some matches in the finals where you cut the matches from 5 to 3. And of course people had no problems joining it. They just had problems with it ending longer then it's suppose to and sometimes unfinished. You're suppose to hold and work the brackets at all times. That's the difference between a tournament director and a smasher. One runs. The other competes. You CAN'T do both Bum. I've been trying to tell you that >>

-__-

Smash Ace
Rockin rockin please edit your post.... The main reason the tournies ended later than they should have is cause everyone played friendlys/money matches and that was the root of all evil. Once bum got strict everything changed. What he means by Alex had it easy is cause Melee was faster and the pros gimped the noobs killing 80% of tourny time. Brawl on the other hand it doesnt matter who you are. You live until your 130+. Gimps occasionally happen

BUM163

Smash Lord
jumpman i only got on u cause u went against me and you defendin a friend. ok thatz fine, but not to me especially when jeffery got her that job and in a meetin she called jeffery names and it was racist comments. she said to me one time well bum of course ur ghetto... u wear braids lmao. she call jeffery a redneck n he stood quiet cause he's a good guy. thats mad disrespectful though.

people done stole from the store n even stole from me. i didn't point fingers at any one of ya. i came out of pocket to make sure things going. i done made sacfrices. ferdy left me alone at the last weekly n the pot money was missing from teams n singles for a total of 30 dollars n u can ask basic sausage, i put in my own money to make sure things kept going. people support me cause i look out whenever i had the chance i'm a person that really does look out for his community. anyone object please state ur reason

BUM163

Smash Lord
rockin even when jay n alex handle it, yes it went faster but still ended at 11 40 lol. there was no difference. i still got scolded by my boss. fact is the game is slow. rockin when u try to host it, not for nothin u didn't even handle the bracket right n u misplace names in numbers. even jay0yea mess up n i look out for him and i mess up a couple of times myself. no one is perfect but the fact of the matter is that the game is slow. even melee started at 7 and ended at 12 30 with 36 people. web2zone just didn't understood that videogames is not no 5 mins get up n go type of thing.

thatz another thing, i 4got to mention. i let people have mm's and friendlys in a slow game. i'm one of the nicest dudes that try to balance out fun n business. people never listen. plus alex had 25 most of melee kids lol. i had 60 plus for a month straight. plus i waited for kids to come cuz people came from all over started at 6 and finish at 12 20 most of the times. 2 events wit 40 plus each event on a game where everyone floats like jigglypuff and ledge hoggin is extremely good. rockin i would like to see u handle sumthin of that calibur every week n finish witin 6 hours. u have to be strict and run bak n forth.

DVDA

Smash Apprentice
i like how people defend a gurl he likes n was at web2zone everyday tryin 2 talk 2 a gurl he owes money oppppps. i like how a gurl is defendin her man who is snake like n use to steal from tournaments... don't believe me ask pc chris who lost out on 300 extra dollars from melee or ask dave who inform me on wat alex use to do opppppps. jumpman this is not even none of ur business hahahahahahaha. brawl wasn't disorganized. it just a real slow game. of course its gonna take time. the game moves at wayyyyyy slower pace than melee. alex had it easy wit such a slow game plus i join the tournament in which people said they had no problems with that.

alex, hoyo, sally and clarissa i have no respect for. alex cause he is snake like, hoyo cause we look out for u when u wasn't even pose to be at the store n jeffery look out for u, but u a fake anyway. sally n clarissa is backstabbers cause they mess up and we pay the price for it.
Bum I never even had a prob wit you or thought you deserved to get fired. I'll also say that I'm definitely holding back on you right now, cause I can go there if I want to.(I know mad ****) Jeff, I feel bad he lost his job, but honestly I see no reason for him to have taken out money from the register to make up for the small pot. That **** is probably what got y'all fired. Sally and Clarissa were told to charge the players, cause Alex set them up downstairs. Jeff was late for his tournament and when they tried to call one of you they got no answer so they charged everyone door fee, until you guys got there. Sally nor Clarissa took money out of the register and that email is one person's view of another employee. It would never get y'all fired. The thought of that is dumb. And I'm not defending Sally cause i like her or Clarissa even, it's because i think it's ****ed up that you and Jeff would act like that especially when she did mad **** for y'all. Like those tournament fliers Sally helped you make. She has her own personal work and she took time out to help you do that ****, but yet you forget that and quickly turn on her. And this one is to Jeff, who the hell bought that pregnancy test for you!? Sally went with you and bought that, making herself look like she sleeps around and ****, cause you were too embarrassed to do it yourself. She also would stay up and chat with you about mad **** at night and try to give you advice and comfort about ****. She's a true friend and I ain't gonna let you talk **** about her and run her name through the dirt. That's ****ed up. I really don't care if you don't got respect for me, cause I'm always respectful and i'm only talking truth.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Seriously though...

People should have been coming early at like 4 and the weeklies start at like 4:30 or 5:00 the latest. It was really a pain when things started at like 6. I had my plans ruined a lot and that's one of the reasons I didn't come as much.

^ That's me *****ing.

NOW:

Everyone stfu and start thinking of a way to move forward and not complain. That was my last complaint, lol. At this point, it doesn't matter whose fault or who was to blame. Just think of what we should do from now.

I support Bum, Alex, and everyone else in the community. So how about everyone else starts doing the same?

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Bum, take responsibility for your own mistakes. Alex NEVER stole money ever and you all been through this all that **** drama. But it's good to bring up old crap just to cover up for the mistakes that you and Jeff made at w2z. But you're acting like a hypocrite when people start posting anything against you remotely. You should blaming ppl like WONNY who was friggin accused for real for stealing back then.

I guess people aren't supposed to have opinions, or say what's really going on? Like seriously, there wasn't a time when I went to w2z and someone else had the bracket. What the heck kind a organization is that? There was no progress at all. There was so much inconsistency, and tell me how you can say Alex had it easy when he CAME to help you out one day and the event ran faster. Right, it's so different?

No one is two faced, no one is backstabbing you. It's just people are coming out and telling you what they are feeling finally without all the meatridin BS to go along with it. You know, I don't want to start drama, but when it comes down to it, you making everyone else look like it's their fault and you did NOTHING wrong. Then everyone meatridin you real hard, like why?? Just say "look I messed up and let's move on". This should be about the community, not about "who did this, who did that, well everyone should be blamed for what happened and not me!"

How can you even say that it's none of Vlad's business. It's EVERYONE's business after all the stuff that was posted about Sally, about Clarissa, about Alex, and everyone! This isn't coming just from me, but from a lot of quiet heads right now. And when I saw your post I just felt like I couldn't stay quiet anymore myself. It's not right that you're pointing fingers. And I see it in your post that you're nothing but angry and bitter about it. You know what, no one is perfect, but none of these people you are talking about are snake's or two faces. NONE of them! The only person you should be looking at right now is yourself. But I mean seriously, if Alex is a snake I'm just as much of one as well.

I don't care at this point if I get a billion flames. I just had to say my peace. Then again it's none of my business.

edit: Also, during WEEKLIES Alex had 25 kids, please don't forget he's held larger scale tournaments and done just as good.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Hey, I don't mind handling something of that calibur. Anytime, anyday. At least I admitted my midstake and even appollogized to the person who was screwed over. For every midstake I do, I make sure I learn from it and try not to do it again. If I have to be strict, it will be done. Business is business, but I want to have fun at the same time.

If you knew what the problem was when it came to it being slow and such, why didn't you make much effort to improve it? You gotta stop blamming alex, who's doing his best to help the NYC smash community

-__-

Smash Ace
i wana get in this dammit!

Lol hoyo in all honesty your defending her cause your seeing it from her point of view. you gata look both ways. just think about. Claris and Sally charged door fee cause Alex told them to charge them and let em go downstairs. more people show up and they charge all of them door fee. Bum and Ace show up thinking everyone payed for the tournament they get the paper with all their names and are like all right now lets count the money. omg money is missing...well obviously these people dont have the honor to confess about paying for door fee and tournament so the next option is to take money from the register and balance the tournament out. Why is this the next option you ask? well would you go to a tournament a second time to see a lot of people came and you only win 20 bucks? You gata remember In the trade (business) the people come first. If for what ever reason the company is losing money they have to drop the people that cause this to happen. and i kno how it works i have experience from working at hunts point (no the prostitute side) but the working side. So really it was the right thing to take money from the register and balance the pot cause you want these people to come again. now tell me whos to blame for the imbalance-ment and tell me why it was bum ace and daphney who end up getting fired.

BUM163

Smash Lord
yea but the boss didn't want me to start at 5pm. wanna know y. he felt like ya had it to easy. since its mahattan ya was payin cheap so he felt like ya don't deserve that much time. i still went against it for awhile. yea she help out on that.... and i got fired cause she leap before she look. read the post again and she admits she mess up. plain n simple. she saw me downstairs for 20 mins and couldn't tell me there?

we look out for her, she always wearing mini skirts and we never said anything... she wasn't pose to. did we ever say anything? no. trust me theres stuff u don't know and u also is jumpin before looking. real talk she should of got fired for doin sumthin she ain't know how to do. now ok i agree wit u and i told jeffery why he didn't tell me he took out money. that mess things up even more, but he did that only cuz she did wat she did. we look out for her, but not sayin she mess up yet she snitch on me n jeffery for nothin coming late when-

1. it wasn't my tournament n i still took control and did it cause i'm that nice of a friend. real talk jeffery said he couldn't deal wit people naggin him left n right n always askin to see wat place they in. which hes right cause it be hot and sum people be stinkin like crazy..... but i know how to deal wit that

2. i came in late............... i start work at 4 and even then i told people plenty of times smash starts at 5 and sign ups usually ends at 6 to 6 30 cause the boss didn't know how to make up his mind.
he said he didn't care for the money, but when enough people didn't show up he ask what happen lol. i was in a mess up state regardless and i still handle it great. no one can't say i didn't do my job well.

it wasn't me cause on my days the store made a thousand plus.

JumpMan_Punk

Smash Journeyman
jumpman i only got on u cause u went against me and you defendin a friend. ok thatz fine, but not to me especially when jeffery got her that job and in a meetin she called jeffery names and it was racist comments. she said to me one time well bum of course ur ghetto... u wear braids lmao. she call jeffery a redneck n he stood quiet cause he's a good guy. thats mad disrespectful though.

people done stole from the store n even stole from me. i didn't point fingers at any one of ya. i came out of pocket to make sure things going. i done made sacfrices. ferdy left me alone at the last weekly n the pot money was missing from teams n singles for a total of 30 dollars n u can ask basic sausage, i put in my own money to make sure things kept going. people support me cause i look out whenever i had the chance i'm a person that really does look out for his community. anyone object please state ur reason
First of all u didn't get on me . U got on hoyo THAT WHOLE POST!!!

Second- WTF going against u?! The hell is that? R u my boss, Do u pay my bills?

Third- How is it not my business when u post a full aim convo on the boards that makes no sense.

I'm as neutral as the next guy cause i wanna hear both sides. And i read ur side ON THE BOARDS soooooo@_@

BUM163

Smash Lord
crimas ur man stole before. i can talk to pc and dave and d.a abotu him stealing. thatz one of the reasons y d.a dislike alex. why would i lie? pc complain what happen to his money. it was 70 plus kids and he made like 300 lol. tell me where the money went and i was there that day cause i lost to him. take respondiblity for my mistake? u can't be that dumb......... but read wat it says. i had nothin to do wit it. how can i respondiblity for sumthin that wasn't even mines. she mess up along wit clarissa. they got cameras of sally constantly goin to the bathroom not doin nothin in her job. we look out for her n said nothin. crimas i got nothin against u... ur man is just disrespectful like how he said how my mom had a son like me. i wanted to beat him up and if it was the old days me, trust n believe he would of been hurt. i'm to grown to talk about peoples mommies. he gets mad emo about people gettin on him, but he does it to himself. he couldn't stand up to empire leader triforce in many times i defended alex. he ****ted on me and after that i look at him differently. rockin lol i'm gonna leave u alone.

BUM163

Smash Lord
Personally I felt the weeklies was mad disorganized for a long while from jumpman.

u indirectly saying i didn't do my job well only when alex and jay0yea was there in which it was two people who still finish at almost 12 so they failed along wit me and it was 2 people compare to one person who join the weekly and finish 10 to 20 mins after 12. this is all about defendin friends and ya clouded by that instead of facing truth.

JumpMan_Punk

Smash Journeyman
Dude u when they would run the weekly that **** would end at 11 no matter what when they ran things. U saw it don't even lie. When u ran things we leave around 12 or 1 every weekly. Unless it was STD it would never go that far. Plus when u ran things everyone and their moms had the bracket which shouldn't happen to begin with. I'm defending anybody, but you are pointing mad fingers.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Hey Bum did you ever think the reason you got fired had very little to do with WEDNESDAY alone? Or just that Mr. Choi was done give you chances. It had to do with a WHOLE and not just one thing.

I'm leaving that money situation alone, I'll let Alex speak for himself. Because god knows I was with him all the time and he would never steal money. lol I find it funny you'd even bring PC's name up considering PC supported Alex till he stopped running them.

I'm not clouded because I'm not speaking just for myself. Trust me.

My name is Crismas btw.

BUM163

Smash Lord
anymore comments? if anyone says it was my fault all i'm gonna do is bring out key words from the email. cause people don't seem to realize the truth of the matter. this is all a fan club for friends when in the email she even goes i'm sorry bum i'm talk to mr choi to get ur job bak n then she backstabs into hug n then shoots me in the back when she goes oh well i got more important things to do, anyway karma will come into play.

DVDA

Smash Apprentice
Lol hoyo in all honesty your defending her cause your seeing it from her point of view. you gata look both ways. just think about. Claris and Sally charged door fee cause Alex told them to charge them and let em go downstairs. more people show up and they charge all of them door fee. Bum and Ace show up thinking everyone payed for the tournament they get the paper with all their names and are like all right now lets count the money. omg money is missing...well obviously these people dont have the honor to confess about paying for door fee and tournament so the next option is to take money from the register and balance the tournament out. Why is this the next option you ask? well would you go to a tournament a second time to see a lot of people came and you only win 20 bucks? You gata remember In the trade (business) the people come first. If for what ever reason the company is losing money they have to drop the people that cause this to happen. and i kno how it works i have experience from working at hunts point (no the prostitute side) but the working side. So really it was the right thing to take money from the register and balance the pot cause you want these people to come again. now tell me whos to blame for the imbalance-ment and tell me why it was bum ace and daphney who end up getting fired.
Well if people don't wanna be truthful and say they only payed 5 bux then shouldn't they get less money anyways. Shouldn't they be to blame. The pot should be reflective of what the entree fee was. so say everyone only payed like 5 bux, then they should get half of what they would get for paying 10 to enter. So yeah they should only get like 20 dollars for winning if they payed only 5. I actually went upstairs and payed the other 5 that I owed. So honestly I don't think any money should have been taken from the register.

BUM163

Smash Lord
pc was the type never to say things to people faces. i know cause we was both in d.a. when he wanted to leave d.a he would tell me n then chill wit them. don't believe me. ask him. cause we always talked about problems and was never the type to go into conflicts, plus he didn't care of course cause he was pc. the man made thousands. but he told me n dave and dave is the one that told me to watch out along wit empire/d.a

Top Bottom