• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Close

BUM163

Smash Lord
word r u goin wit keitaro? people need to train hardbody. anyone wants to train wit me, come to training grounds today to prepare for the weekly and/or esticle. plus i need an american brawl copy burn so if anyone can bring that, please do so. i also need to train for brawl

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Not sure if i have an american copy but i'll try. Of course it wont be the full version. *** double layers.

BUM163

Smash Lord
naaa i just want the vs mode thatz it. if u can bring that i would appericate it. nl r u coming 2day? if so we can train hardbody.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
well i got neglected last 2 times i came. Kiiinda iffy on coming. If i dont have any work to do then i'll stop by........................god i hate paying.

BUM163

Smash Lord
well to play downstairs u got to pay of course lol. but yea anyone that is goin, go. i'm leavin in a few

blast_ssbb

Smash Ace
If I do make a nonsense post ATLEAST it's easy to read and it doesn't look like a 5th grader's English homework assignment. :ohwell:

...just sayin'

Also,
www.caliburforum.com

I heard most people go there to talk about Soul Calibur 4. ;)

P.S. I wonder if I created an account at caliburforum.com and started posting in a thread about weekly Soul Calibur tournaments with things that only serious Smash players would want to know about smash like tiers and other technical things...

I mean, I don't think most people mind at all when people say things like "hey SC4 is hot and *insertcharacternamehere* is really awesome" because it's the weekly thread...it's random as hell and everyone's used to random fighters being praised and whatnot but to see technical SC4 jargon when most of us here aren't interested in playing the game seriously...is kind of annoying. Atleast to me it is. For the most part, we're playing SC4 because it's a fun game with awesome characters. If anyone was serious about it they'd be hitting up caliburforum.com.

kthnxbai.

Also my post was gonna be a lot more mean but Hax told me you're a cool guy and I probably know you somehow even though I most likely forgot...I dunno, consider yourself spared :laugh:
first off im pretty sure 95% of ppl that read my post could read it just fine. lol this is an internet forum since when does grammar matter?

second of all i have no problem with keeping sc4 out of this thread, i just said i was mad at D1 for typing essays about it and then saying ppl shouldnt be talking about it in here, and the fact that the weeklies are run by bum and everytime he posts it has the letters sc4 in his post, and still ppl are raging at emblem lord for giving info on sc4. i already posted TWICE why i asked for info from emblem lord in here and the only other post sc4 related that i made was in a response to someone else (my post explaining the numbers and letters). so i have no idea why u have to make a mean post at me.

@ alukard, this is freaking NYC weekly thread, yet no one post about smash in here except about MM and possible attendance, but even then it doesnt matter cuz all that can be done on the day of the weekly at the venue. i was just stating how while in the past ppl have had 3-4 pages of cat pictures being posted without anyone saying anything, yet ppl get yelled at for talking about sc4.

anyways i have no hate for silven or anyone in this thread, just calling ya out on ur nonsense mr essay on why radioshack fails, but i assume thats smash related also right??

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
i'd go to TG but i have night classes at 8pm.

BENNY!!!!!!!! come back to queenz already so i can whoop ur a$$ with my ganon, charizard (y is he so beast?), icys, and sonic!!

when is esticle and ch4 happening?

BUM163

Smash Lord
ightt if u can bring the disc to web2zone. i just got here. is anyone coming to training grounds?

blast_ssbb

Smash Ace
i'd go to TG but i have night classes at 8pm.

BENNY!!!!!!!! come back to queenz already so i can whoop ur a$$ with my ganon, charizard (y is he so beast?), icys, and sonic!!

when is esticle and ch4 happening?
hehe steiner. i suck balls in brawl. trying to learn lucario now. like i said im prob be goin to NY for like a week at the end of this month or beginning of next. just have to wait till i get some money that im owed.

bum give me some tips on being beast in brawl :p

i love lucario jiggs and the spacies. someone help me pick a main :p

edit: anyone wanna MM me in melee or sc4 when i go? ima have at least 100-150$ set aside just for MM :p

Korpocalypse

Smash Journeyman
hehe steiner. i suck balls in brawl. trying to learn lucario now.
hey, I used to main lucario, and now I quarternary him. here's my advice:
dair can be used as a spike if they're right next to a ledge, similar to dk's cargo throw, they will bounce off. approaching is difficult, I recommend using baby aura spheres to make them approach. or try to get a long-ranged fsmash or bside. good stuff is fair combo, but you'll want to do a fair into nair if you shorthop, then you can follow up with a b-side grab or neutral a on the ground to keep them guessing. if a fair approach fails, you can drop back in the air and do an fsmash in case they try to come at you from the ground. his grab range is crap. all the smashes are slow. upsmash has crazy hitboxes, downsmash is eh, but is pretty strong and hits them at a good angle, but no range.
use uptilt, it is your friend. on heavier chars it can be like shiek's f-tilt. air movement is slow, and dodges are loong. don't try to dodge if you want to be able to hit them after, really only if you're trying to get away, because they will probably be ready to attack again by time you get a fair out after an airdodge. Back air has good range, ftilt is a good mix-up attack, takes awhile to come out, but can be surprising. bair is good for doing right as you land. DI is more important than w/ other chars because you'll want to survive longer to use your aura damage-power ability. ledgeguarding is good against people with slow-moving b-ups or recovery moves because you can sh off and fair 3-4 times till they're too far to get back, then you can use your second jump which is pretty high then b-up to get back w/ relative ease.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Bum I got to take the train to NYC this weekly since there is NO wheres to park free in nyc... Will the tournament go on schedule? Cause I really have to get out there by like 11:00. and which char am I MM this week!

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
The second I get back to NYC and have some free time I'm going to weekly and ******. I don't give a **** how little I've played over the summer, I'm gonna ****.

blast_ssbb

Smash Ace
hey, I used to main lucario, and now I quarternary him. here's my advice:
dair can be used as a spike if they're right next to a ledge, similar to dk's cargo throw, they will bounce off. approaching is difficult, I recommend using baby aura spheres to make them approach. or try to get a long-ranged fsmash or bside. good stuff is fair combo, but you'll want to do a fair into nair if you shorthop, then you can follow up with a b-side grab or neutral a on the ground to keep them guessing. if a fair approach fails, you can drop back in the air and do an fsmash in case they try to come at you from the ground. his grab range is crap. all the smashes are slow. upsmash has crazy hitboxes, downsmash is eh, but is pretty strong and hits them at a good angle, but no range.
use uptilt, it is your friend. on heavier chars it can be like shiek's f-tilt. air movement is slow, and dodges are loong. don't try to dodge if you want to be able to hit them after, really only if you're trying to get away, because they will probably be ready to attack again by time you get a fair out after an airdodge. Back air has good range, ftilt is a good mix-up attack, takes awhile to come out, but can be surprising. bair is good for doing right as you land. DI is more important than w/ other chars because you'll want to survive longer to use your aura damage-power ability. ledgeguarding is good against people with slow-moving b-ups or recovery moves because you can sh off and fair 3-4 times till they're too far to get back, then you can use your second jump which is pretty high then b-up to get back w/ relative ease.
thnx for the info, the air dodge thing was helpful, ill keep it in mind.

Alukard

Smash Hero
I wonder if on Friday night I can run Tio for y'all from here...
how would that b possible ... cuz we really need tio ... like no one likes hand made brackets ... but i'll b the voice to say F*CK we need some TIO up in this shizz lol

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
also ... we need tio at these weeklies seriously .... i'm playing the same people every time ...
yeaa.. that's true. i have played NL the last 5 weeks in a row.. or 6 O_O? and i have played jman the last 3 weeks in a row too.

there are also some people i have NEVER played counting from the first weekly lol. never played alukard. never played bum. never played dark pch (although he hasn't been to that many so far). never played cass even when he was at a lot of weeklies earlier on.

i also play tier ***** A LOT too... think i have played him 4 times?

Jay0yeah

Smash Ace
The TIO program will be extremely helpful!

P.S. WHERE THE HECK ARE THE RESULTS FROM THE LAST WEEKLY O_O!!!!!!!

Bum!!!

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
It can be done by skill level but that's really kind arbitrary and can cause alot of people to get tight (especially those that the people running Tio don't know), so doing it randomly through Tio is usually the best way.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Do I have to remind everyone what happen the LAST time there was Tio involved? >>

HaB was a hero on that day, I must add

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
TIO?

is it Some type of trianing progam To help nubs like me....

If it is doubt it will work olny if pro's are willing to play alot with people way weaker then them in skill.
Also it would take alot of time.....

Dazmn it i dont have time to learn these thing's i have to go pro in Yugioh!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom