• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Close

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
All this drama is definitely mad funny. I agree with Warrior Knight about Brawl being wack and gay. Of course I'll play it, but I know its not gonna be as good as Melee.

I'm definitely mad wack right now as my skill level is decreasing. I don't even know who my main is, lol. Oh well, la vida sigue. I still wanna do this KF vs. DA crew battle hardbody though.

Me and Warrior Knight's Bowsers are too godly! Get at us!!! Quit Smash all dai papa!!!

P.S. I love milk hard cuerpo duro body.

Scissors Sir

Smash Ace
All you KF guys...

You're alright kiddos

Just a couple things I wanna say

1) DA has been hypin up everything they do since it's conception...DEAL WIT IT!! Lol

2) you guys can't use working as an excuse...why you ask? Cuz u say wes isn't invincible... I agree he's not. But think about why he's not...
a-working
b-going to school
C-keeping up with a very long term relationship

he doesn't use it as an excuse though

So the way you guys claim you're all falling off is what DA has been dealing with for a couple years now.

Do you realize if all of the original members of DA were still able to go as hard as we used to

a-playin each other at least 6+ hours everyday
b-playin by ourselves for another 4-6 hours alone
c-group drills

No one would stand a chance

Whether others in NYC wanna admit it or not...maybe it was too long ago for y'all to remember...

But we gave birth to some of you guys current playin styles...

As a whole we did fall off a lot

To address dark peach..

That's the reason this is getting hyped the way it is. DA has been close to a household name in the smash community for years.

The Oh-so-loved FC3 East vs West crew battle featured four DA members on the East team.

Wes is just acting like a Dad. He watched this game grow up and mature and he just doesn't want to see the next generation just kick it around...

We may not be the best anymore...
But respect y'all smash elders...

Who repeatedly whooped most of u New Yorker's ***** and made y'all wanna get better?

That question does not apply to anyone who started playing this game this year...

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
hey guys wanna help me out...bring your cubes tomorrow so I can have the setups ready for June 30ths Zenith

D1

Banned via Administration
How bout everyone just...

SHUT UP!

*crip walks in the middle of the street to Ay Bay Bay by Hurricane Chris*

Venom NY

Smash Lord
All you KF guys...

You're alright kiddos

1) DA has been hypin up everything they do since it's conception...DEAL WIT IT!! Lol

2) you guys can't use working as an excuse...why you ask? Cuz u say wes isn't invincible... I agree he's not. But think about why he's not...
a-working
b-going to school

So the way you guys claim you're all falling off is what DA has been dealing with for a couple years now.

Do you realize if all of the original members of DA were still able to go as hard as we used to

c-group drills

Whether others in NYC wanna admit it or not...maybe it was too long ago for y'all to remember...

To address dark peach..

That's the reason this is getting hyped the way it is. DA has been close to a household name in the smash community for years.

The Oh-so-loved FC3 East vs West crew battle featured four DA members on the East team.

Wes is just acting like a Dad. He watched this game grow up and mature and he just doesn't want to see the next generation just kick it around...

Who repeatedly whooped most of u New Yorker's ***** and made y'all wanna get better?

That question does not apply to anyone who started playing this game this year...
*claps*this post was a 4stock and a half nicely put

BUM163

Smash Lord
yo ron said one of the truest things n was beyond well put.[bum leaves hiz seat 2 workout]randommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
All I wanna say is why are people so sure that Brawl will suck...I don't understand the logic behind this. We've seen two early videos and many screenshots...but somehow SURELY it will suck...

...smashers these days.

It's like they are scared to have to reallocate their skill into a newer *BETTER* game. Sorry...Melee is gonna have to go someday. We've been playing it for 6 years now...it's about time anyway.

That is all.

Venom NY

Smash Lord
All I wanna say is why are people so sure that Brawl will suck...I don't understand the logic behind this. We've seen two early videos and many screenshots...but somehow SURELY it will suck...

...smashers these days.

It's like they are scared to have to reallocate their skill into a newer *BETTER* game. Sorry...Melee is gonna have to go someday. We've been playing it for 6 years now...it's about time anyway.

That is all.
chill people still play 3s and mvc2 and mvs2 and they have been out a while 2

Shin Bowser Meow

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinBowserMeow
3DS FC
4184-3865-2383
People still gonna play melee hardcore after brawl drops esp if thier fav toons dont make it into brawl. people still beast in ST2 turbo so yeah melee aint dying notime soon.

Anywho real post inc. Epic team matches. Wish i could stay to see all of em and singles. Gl to everyone and Goodshizz Vanz and Tec0! Yall brought tears to my eyes... oh wait... it was just dust... lol.

I.H.N.C ftw!?!?

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
chill people still play 3s and mvc2 and mvs2 and they have been out a while 2
Yes...this is very true but you have to understand the main focus as far as the majority of players is usually in the newer game . As old as 3rd strike is...it's the latest iteration that's simply "street fighter" (no character crossovers and whatnot) and the same goes for Marvel vs. Capcom 2. Ofcourse Melee won't die but the main focus as far as the majority of players competing will probably change to Brawl(Given the game doesn't completely suck). It would be kind of like Melee/64, Except now it will be Brawl/Melee/64 with Brawl having the most concentration of smashers, frankly because it's the latest one.

I know people will still play Melee, it's easy to see. They still do Street Fighter at Evo and I know of people who are crazy in Street fighter alpha(believe it or not) which goes to show that the old games are never COMPLETELY abandoned. The fact is USUALLY the majority of players move on to the new game.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
All you KF guys...

You're alright kiddos

a-working
b-going to school

c-group drills

To address dark peach..

I Know I'm not a member of DA nor do I have the experiance to be a great smasher/deal with life's challenge, etc. but I feel I should speak about this

Scissors, I understand what you mean that KF and any others shouldn't make excuses. People who keep making excuses shouldn't really be playing smash. But...please understand something.

Though it doesn't follow people like WarriorKnight, Ace has gotten this job about 2 weeks ago. Anyone who's gotten jobs knows the rules of what needs to be done. Even though they've been hired, they're still watched. Anyone who's gotten a job would be under a trail period (for at least 2 or 3 months.) Now, I know this may not be the best excuse ever, but please understand that Ace can't take no days off or anything at this time (unless it's an emergancy.)

Now, this doesn't really mean that you guys have to wait 3 months or something just to get it started. I'm just saying, he can't do anything for a good while. Maybe the day you guys could have your battle is on a weekend (Sundays is reccommanded since WarriorKnight don't work on that day and probably Ace)

The main point is that KF isn't making any excuses because they want to. It's just...hard for them right now...>>

Scissors Sir

Smash Ace
Ok rockin I hear what you're saying.

That's not why I said what I said.

Different ones in KF are makin comments along the lines of... "if we didn't have X,Y or Z goin on in our lives we would be able to fully show you guys how good we are..."

If you have certain things goin on in ur life and it makes u "fall off" in a game...

Tough!!! Oh well...

U know what the reason is, and if u continue to play the game u have to take the consequences of ur lack of time to play.

If player X takes u out over and over. Even if there used to be a time when u could easily beat that person...doesn't change the fact that they're beating you now...

All I was basically sayin is that u can't stay on top forever. Even if u are very good at a particular game or sport...there will come a time when u just gotta walk away from it and look back on ur accomplishments.

A washed up boxer would be a fool to challenge a rising star to a fight.

DA had their time...

KF will have their time...

And group X will have their time after KF...

Not cuz it should happen...

Simply cuz it has to happen

So defending KF's "excuses" rockin will not keep the inevitable from happening.

Does making excuses make them bad people?? Of course not

The nature of an excuse or the reason behind an excuse doesn't change the fact that it's an excuse

Just like putting shoes and a shirt on a dog doesn't make it a human.

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
yea u should come sneak cuz u said u 2 stock me i really dont remaber but if u did we need to play now to see if u can do it again

Keitaro

eyo u think u can post some public transportation directions for ppl comin from jersey on the 1st page??
I came from Piscataway to Web2Zone before for one of LightX's tourney's a while ago and got horribly lost and it took me 3 hours of driving but it's usually about an hour and a half. Just watch it if you use mapquest.

I might be able to make it to this Friday's one since my summer class is over Thursday.

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
Announcement

There Will Be A Weekly At Nyclan This Friday July 6 At The Same Time As Always Ppl The Rules Are On The 1st Page That Will Be All Sir And Ogod **** On Ur Post Mist Sistors Sir.

Keitaro

@Sneak: My bad, this weekly is in New York City so it's should be about 40 minutes from me and about a half hour from your city Lindin. Chances of me attending are higher now.

Top Bottom