• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Close

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Mad bored at work, can you tell?

PC I can't get on AIM from here but my friend who is uber pro (for NYU, at least) at SSB64 plays online. Unfortunately I think he's in like Europe right now. But when I have a chance I can ask him (more than likely via Facebook, as awful a program as that is.)

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Yea i kno snakes thing has to do with his crawl. For glitchys prob its best u charge it a little. U run and tap the C-stick. PC: theres some website for smash64 that lets u set up everything. I have to go find it. It may have to do with the ports ur using for kaillera. Try different ones. Or ur firewall doesnt like it. Either or.

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
yeah im pretty sure i have the ports free i did it on my routers settings. I turned my firewall off too i still have lag. ill figure it out eventually i guess.

killa k

Smash Ace
Does anyone play smash 64 online? i started playing about a month ago. I have super lag issues when i play on a server on PJ64K but p2p on Mupen64 works fine for me. anyone that can help me out with my lag issue or wants to play me =) IM me at PrrettyPrrincess
i play online as well. the lag issues maybe its ur gfx or sumthin. too bad ur not on right now so i can IM :( but ill play ya

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
LOL pepper pals is a long story but after super champ combo like 40 smashers went to chili's for dinner (i think there's videos of it) m2k ordered a chocolate milk and it came in this little kid cup with a straw. It had this nerdy looking pepper on it with glasses and funny hair and cort said it looked like m2k. The cup said pepper pals lol and my cat is also named pepper and hes my pal so yeah i guess thats what it means LOL.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Okay! I spoke to Ace

There WILL be a weekly and there WILL be Brawl and Melee. Not sure if we can actually do both, but we can maybe try.

There will be singles and probably doubles. You guys are gonna have to decide for ya selves if that's what you want. There will be a fee this time. it could cost five dollars for Brawl, 10 dollars for Melee.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
I get out at 8:30 from work so by the time I get to Web2Zone, it'll be too late for me to join anything. I'll go to play a lil bit of Brawl but **** in Melee. Melee is too d*mn good and fun, especially in doubles. Get at me and Alukard for still having our godly a$$ teamwork with Marth & Bowser in Brawl, lol.

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
BergenField, Bergen County(North East Jersey)
Okay! I spoke to Ace

There WILL be a weekly and there WILL be Brawl and Melee. Not sure if we can actually do both, but we can maybe try.

There will be singles and probably doubles. You guys are gonna have to decide for ya selves if that's what you want. There will be a fee this time. it could cost five dollars for Brawl, 10 dollars for Melee.
Thanks for the music to my ears Rockin ol' bud.

GET AT MY PT!!!!!!!!!!!

Alukard

Smash Hero
i dunno if i wanna go to the weekly .. paying for friendlies is stupid as hell to me ... lemme kno if theres going to b a weekly of some kind ... so i can go

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
i dunno if i wanna go to the weekly .. paying for friendlies is stupid as hell to me ... lemme kno if theres going to b a weekly of some kind ... so i can go
Incase you didn't see it, there will be singles and possibly doubles for Brawl.

and because there's a weekly this week, it seems that we may be going back to regular old weeklies instead of Bi-weeklies.

Alukard

Smash Hero
but no one owns the game except a selected few ... chargin for a game that people don't own is silly lol ... sry but bum will just win it ... o and i was talking about a weekly for melee

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
but no one owns the game except a selected few ... chargin for a game that people don't own is silly lol ... sry but bum will just win it ... o and i was talking about a weekly for melee
Maybe, but I'm still not afraid of facing Bum and the others in Brawl. It doesn't have to be a Brawl weekly. It could be a Melee Weekly with Brawl on the side.

Or, we could do both. Like Singles for Brawl, doubles for Melee. we got a few days, so let's talk about this.

Snakeee

Smash Master
I'm not so sure about Bum winning for Brawl...and rockin said it'll be a melee tourney too

I guess I'll bring a Brawl setup.

Alukard

Smash Hero
ok sure ... bum isn't going to win lmfao ... u guys are sooo ignorant to the FACT that bum is a really smart ****ing player ... its not just an entirely different game ... theres still bad habits that **** u up that do carry on to the next game as well ... no johns bum will win unless he is drunk or sandbags for a week or two so more people sho up and he wins like double in the big turnout week ...

Alukard

Smash Hero
just saying its stupid to pay 5$ to play in a tourney ... people that still have trouble playing cuz they obviously don't own the game will just play twice ... unless they beat someone who is basically as clueless as they are ... winners lose ... then losers ... mayb face a person on his knowledge of play ... and then boom lose next round ... lmfaooo sooo funny ... it will happen

Xivk

Smash Ace
NNID
xinikas-capitol
3DS FC
0877-2190-4820
just saying its stupid to pay 5$ to play in a tourney ... people that still have trouble playing cuz they obviously don't own the game will just play twice ... unless they beat someone who is basically as clueless as they are ... winners lose ... then losers ... mayb face a person on his knowledge of play ... and then boom lose next round ... lmfaooo sooo funny ... it will happen
You could think of it as a game? Like vs. the challengers till you fight the boss whose apparently the best player. gotta think of it in a fun way

"You beat BUM, a winner is you!" lol

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
You could think of it as a game? Like vs. the challengers till you fight the boss whose apparently the best player.

"You beat BUM, a winner is you" lol
No, he's saying that it's no need to play a toury that so few have and gotten good at it. it's like being con, so to speak.

Usually, a toury would wait a few weeks till the people have gotten good enough to hold their own (or at least be playable).

Alukard

Smash Hero
or at least till the game is legally in my hands in a language that my brain can understand ... i'm sure i can play the game and get by thru trail and error but i have enough patience lol ... i'm also not saying if everyone approves not to do it ... cuz if everyone enjoys it w.e ... just let me kno ... cuz i dont hav emoney to throw away

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Why would you do brawl weeklies?

Keep doing melee weeklies.

Brawl isn't out in the US out ffs and like 4 people have it. If you guys wanna have smashfests fine but leave the next 3 weeks of melee be and let those people play. I think you should give brawl AT LEAST a month after it comes out here before doing weekly tournies that ppl pay for and ****. Brawl just takes attention away from melee anyway. Trust me I love Brawl unlike jman and them lol, but seriously think logically about this. Why would anyone want to pay to play a game where they wont get to play much since there isnt as many set ups and havent played yet?

If you wanna play brawl set up seperate smashfests or something and give melee another while, it's not fair to the melee kids and even when not looking from that stand point you people are being way too hasty on making brawl be in tournies and ****.

Alukard

Smash Hero
thank you thats wat i'm saying ... exactly ... sheesh ... people are just soo sick and tired of melee lmfaooooo but dam ... let the game be in our language DAYUM

Alukard

Smash Hero
i would if the game was english lmfaoooo ... and i'm not tryin to disrespect anyone ... but bum clearly proved he is the better man at the weeklies ... untill someone wins a bunch like him ... its not going to change that fact of the smarts that he has over everyone ... get me? =\

Glitch-Mew2

Smash Journeyman
i agree wit no tourny for brawl unless its free. i mean we barely have a rule setup for the game (counterpicks and such). i say melee pays and brawl doesnt, but then again thats kinda dumb. we still have to determine how to run a tourny for this game but at the same time we have to think of a bunch of other things like.....

1. w2z has to make money somehow (it is a store that has ppl come in and play friendlies anyways, no matter wat game it is, at least were not paying by the hour)
2. if there is a brawl tourny ppl will pay for it whether they kno they gona win or lose. which is easy money for certain ppl which is unfair. at the same time its a win win situation, u get to play brawl
3. if we do have brawl setups, it'll jus be a repetition of last friday. no one will play melee.
4. there should be something setup, for now at least, for stages. since i figure none of us know japanese, i figure that 1st match is either final D or battlefield, the players both decide which one to go to and after that u can counterpick. (jus a thought since we cant find the random stage selection..... unless of course someone out there knows)
5. don't we need a list of stages that are "tourny playable" by this friday?

jus my little unbiased look on things. personally, i think it'll be fun either way.

if we look at this in the positive aspect this may revive the smash community a bit. since melee has been losing its perkyness lately. its like waking up every morning to the same woman for the rest of ur life and ur left wondering "y didnt i go with the hotter girl?" ..... o sry i must of been day dreamin............ i swear i said this before :urg:

Alukard

Smash Hero
ok mister i'm cocky cuz i own the game and the rest of the other players don't ... i'm jjust sayin i don't own the game ... and neither do the people that place top at melee ... vanz jman hax and others don't own brawl... u can't say that ur amazing when ur at an undeniable advantage ... relax urself ... cuz the game ISN'T EVEN RELEASED YET!!!!

Venom NY

Smash Lord
ok mister i'm cocky cuz i own the game and the rest of the other players don't ... i'm jjust sayin i don't own the game ... and neither do the people that place top at melee ... vanz jman hax and others don't own brawl... u can't say that ur amazing when ur at an undeniable advantage ... relax urself ... cuz the game ISN'T EVEN RELEASED YET!!!!
word LOL :laugh::laugh: i definetly laughed my *** off

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Im not sayin that cause it doesnt matter. I would rather a brawl tourney in april. Im just sayin u cant automatically say bum won the weekly.

Alukard

Smash Hero
of course ... i kno ur not a dense dude ... but i'm sure u understand my statement was vague but i meant people that have played the game will win lol ... and u bum and D1 and a few others have played it a decent amount of times ... and IMO bum is the greater player ... just by tourney standings ... i'm sure u don't wanna have to unleash ur secret tricks u've probably learned alread at a mere weekly tourney u kno ... wait till the hype picks up ... so then it can b a real tournament =)

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
4. there should be something setup, for now at least, for stages. since i figure none of us know japanese, i figure that 1st match is either final D or battlefield, the players both decide which one to go to and after that u can counterpick. (jus a thought since we cant find the random stage selection..... unless of course someone out there knows)
I know Japanese.

NinjaLink knows a little too.

What do you need help with?

Glitch-Mew2

Smash Journeyman
i agree wit no tourny for brawl unless its free. i mean we barely have a rule setup for the game (counterpicks and such). i say melee pays and brawl doesnt, but then again thats kinda dumb. we still have to determine how to run a tourny for this game but at the same time we have to think of a bunch of other things like.....

1. w2z has to make money somehow (it is a store that has ppl come in and play friendlies anyways, no matter wat game it is, at least were not paying by the hour)
2. if there is a brawl tourny ppl will pay for it whether they kno they gona win or lose. which is easy money for certain ppl which is unfair. at the same time its a win win situation, u get to play brawl
3. if we do have brawl setups, it'll jus be a repetition of last friday. no one will play melee.
5. don't we need a list of stages that are "tourny playable" by this friday?

jus my little unbiased look on things. personally, i think it'll be fun either way.

if we look at this in the positive aspect this may revive the smash community a bit. since melee has been losing its perkyness lately. its like waking up every morning to the same woman for the rest of ur life and ur left wondering "y didnt i go with the hotter girl?" ..... o sry i must of been day dreamin............ i swear i said this before :urg:
jus quoting myself out of pure curiosity by popular demand

to HAB: if there is a supposed brawl tourny we're gona need to set up the random stage select. if there is one anyways :confused:

Top Bottom