• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Close

D1

Banned via Administration
Erm, there are no bests in Brawl yet. There are potential bests as of now.

Thats all we can really say.

Just cuz M2K is beast in Melee and can beat Azen at times in it...doesn't mean he can beast Azen in Brawl now.

They both have the game btw.

Its gonna take some time. Right now I guess you guys should have your Melee watchamawhosits. While us Brawlers should setup something where we can collectively decide as a group as to whats legal and what isn't.

So far in the Smash Back Room it seems like most of the council is coming to unanimous decision in terms of stagse. So far no techniques are really banned yet.

Cia

das kwl
brawl is cause soooo much conflict in like every thread I walk into.. I'm not even sure I want it to hit US anymore <_<

we should just do melee weeklies..

brawl is fun, but as a competitive game, it's lolworthy

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Exactly, f*ck Brawl till that sh*t comes out in the US. Impatient a$$ people modded their Wiis to get the Japanese version and has been on Brawl's d*ck ever since. Leaving Melee in the dust and all that. Now don't get me wrong, Brawl is kinda fun and will get more fun later on in the future as more stuff is discovered, creating your own stages, playing people online and such. In my opinion though, Melee is more fun and entertaining than Brawl, especially when it comes to doubles. Melee will definitely still be better when it comes to competitive tournament play. Its stupid how Smash 64 is faster than Brawl, lol. I'm gonna play Brawl during the weekly, but I'm still gonna play Melee more and have more fun just like I did last weekly. I don't care if I learn mad sh*t on Brawl and I become officially pro at the game, I'll still always play Melee alot and say its better. To me, Melee will never die unlike some of ya n*ggas. So I'm just being a patient person and waiting for the US release. Believe me, if Nintendo was to release Melee online lets say in a month, including a headset with a microphone like Halo, mad people will go back to Melee mad fast. So yeah, Melee for the win and my Bowser is too good, lol.

4Eyez

Smash Cadet
The BX! The place where hardcore is beautiful
Exactly, f*ck Brawl till that sh*t comes out in the US. Impatient a$$ people modded their Wiis to get the Japanese version and has been on Brawl's d*ck ever since. Leaving Melee in the dust and all that. Now don't get me wrong, Brawl is kinda fun and will get more fun later on in the future as more stuff is discovered, creating your own stages, playing people online and such. In my opinion though, Melee is more fun and entertaining than Brawl, especially when it comes to doubles. Melee will definitely still be better when it comes to competitive tournament play. Its stupid how Smash 64 is faster than Brawl, lol. I'm gonna play Brawl during the weekly, but I'm still gonna play Melee more and have more fun just like I did last weekly. I don't care if I learn mad sh*t on Brawl and I become officially pro at the game, I'll still always play Melee alot and say its better. To me, Melee will never die unlike some of ya n*ggas. So I'm just being a patient person and waiting for the US release. Believe me, if Nintendo was to release Melee online lets say in a month, including a headset with a microphone like Halo, mad people will go back to Melee mad fast. So yeah, Melee for the win and my Bowser is too good, lol.
DJ just fsmashed brawlers :laugh:

So can we have a melee weekly? Singles and doubles plz :)

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
this stupid crap wouldn't even be an issue if Nintendo wasn't gay and they actually released Brawl at the same time everywhere. ><
QFT. Also ELI!!! Come to more weeklies.

I love Brawl, and I'm having mad fun with it when I do get the chance to play it. And I know that since I won't be at the next weekly I have no room to talk, but I think that if someone does bring their Brawl setup, it should be limited to MMs only. And not these like... $1 MMs. I'm talking like $15 minimum. That way people who are too broke will have to just deal with playing Melee and spending $10 in singles or doubles.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
I agree with Jash and Jesus, but I'm saying that in the case that someone does bring Brawl, it should be restricted to MMs more expensive than $15 to deter people from playing it and encourage them to play Melee.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
I'm going home to CT to play my fiance in Melee this weekend. When I sit back and reflect on that, I realize it's probably much more awesome than a Brawl weekly. Better than a Melee weekly? Well, we'll see how good she's gotten.

Glitch-Mew2

Smash Journeyman
we should probably get a head count now before going to this because last thing i want to see is the sad look on everyones faces when theres only like 11 ppl who entered SINGLES.

dont u jus hate it when duck happens?

Shinigami666

Smash Apprentice
You people got to stop being such f@gs about it. In my opinion, Brawl ownz Melee and I suggest that it should be there on this weeklie. I have no problem with Melee as well however. It can also be there... why not have both? I'm perfectly satisfied with both... but you people who only want Melee there and not Brawl... It's suspicious to me that those are people that only want Melee because they know they always win at it... now that Brawl is totally different and they suck.. they lean to the game that they win in only (Melee). YEAA YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE =p

Jash

Smash Lord
You people got to stop being such f@gs about it. In my opinion, Brawl ownz Melee and I suggest that it should be there on this weeklie. I have no problem with Melee as well however. It can also be there... why not have both? I'm perfectly satisfied with both... but you people who only want Melee there and not Brawl... It's suspicious to me that those are people that only want Melee because they know they always win at it... now that Brawl is totally different and they suck.. they lean to the game that they win in only (Melee). YEAA YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE =p
Its not that, its that no one wants to play a game in a tournament that they haven't practiced in. Brawl is not even out yet, so to just toss Melee aside is for it is dumb.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Yeah and competitive melee didn't start in a day either and I don't think they started tournies when it came out in Japan either, lol.

Venom NY

Smash Lord
actually the people who usually win were doing mad good,for example me and alukard it was our first day and we almost made it to winners finals against people who have definetly played it before,because its like how alukards been saying you still carry the mindgames u have from melee to brawl so yeah that statement is like a lie lmao:laugh::laugh: QUIT!!

Cia

das kwl
QFT. Also ELI!!! Come to more weeklies.

I love Brawl, and I'm having mad fun with it when I do get the chance to play it. And I know that since I won't be at the next weekly I have no room to talk, but I think that if someone does bring their Brawl setup, it should be limited to MMs only. And not these like... $1 MMs. I'm talking like $15 minimum. That way people who are too broke will have to just deal with playing Melee and spending $10 in singles or doubles.
that's a waste of a set up.. there will probably be only 2 money matches (if that) of that magnitude

Shinigami666

Smash Apprentice
Its not that, its that no one wants to play a game in a tournament that they haven't practiced in. Brawl is not even out yet, so to just toss Melee aside is for it is dumb.
Yo.. I agree fully there with you. Which is why I'm not one of those people.:) I'll play both Melee and Brawl. But I just want Brawl there so I can play it. I only played it once and I got addicted/ need more practice... It doesn't have to be part of tourneys if no one wants it to be. (even though I'd join for the hell of it)

Jash

Smash Lord
Yo.. I agree fully there with you. Which is why I'm not one of those people.:) I'll play both Melee and Brawl. But I just want Brawl there so I can play it. I only played it once and I got addicted/ need more practice... It doesn't have to be part of tourneys if no one wants it to be. (even though I'd join for the hell of it)
You know how u can ehem get practice? Either go to someones house who already has it, or be patient and wait till it comes out like im TRYING to do:ohwell:

Cia

das kwl
umm, I **** in brawl.. and I still say it should be a melee weeklie. and the reason we are saying that brawl shouldn't be there is because it would not only deter people from the mission at hand, but it takes away the limited amount of set ups we have (unless you connected them to a plasma, than it's not really an issue)

but the same thing happened at pound. there was ONE brawl set up, and the tournament ran 6 hrs behind schedule.. coincidence?? maybe.. but doubt it

if anything, break out the brawl set ups AFTER the tournament is done.

Glitch-Mew2

Smash Journeyman
You know how u can ehem get practice? Either go to someones house who already has it, or be patient and wait till it comes out like im TRYING to do:ohwell:
u can come to my house and train since u dont have a wii. i offer training at my house when it comes out for u n *omg is that really him?* blaze

Shinigami666

Smash Apprentice
actually the people who usually win were doing mad good,for example me and alukard it was our first day and we almost made it to winners finals against people who have definetly played it before,because its like how alukards been saying you still carry the mindgames u have from melee to brawl so yeah that statement is like a lie lmao:laugh::laugh: QUIT!!
Lmao. Not bad. However, you're ignorant to the fact that I stated "YEAA YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE =p" By all means that would be 'certain' people not EVERYONE. If you and Alukard did good... by all means congrats.:) It's the sore losers that make me rage... the ones who don't want Brawl because of the fact that they lose at it and not because of Melee's sake. For everyone else who just cares about Melee's future.. I have no problem with ya.

blast_ssbb

Smash Ace
so like MELEE HAS BEEN OUT FOR OVER 6 YRs. No offense to any of ya ( ya know i love u all) but theres obviously alot of u that dont want brawl there sooo if it is there.... DONT PLAY IT. its not these kids fault that it took ya madd long to get into/get good at melee like ya are now. but ya gotta understand that there are alot of ppl that have said, " u know wat i started too late im not gonna get as good as i wanted to be in this game" so those ppl (im one of them) have just given up on melee. the only ppl that i see that want it to be a melee weekly are all ppl that have finally started placing in the weeklies and dont want that to go away. brian and dionis ya just started like winning the doubles weeklies like wat 2 or 3 months ago? its understandable that u want them to continue, but these other ppl that go to tournies cuz its FUN but always go 2 and out are sick of wasting there time playing u guys over and over and losing. u guys really need to let go of melee even if brawl isnt out yet. use the *** version as a preview of sorts! maybe as a demo! dont tell me uve never played demos b4! but seriously i feel these guys pain.

im not saying have a brawl tourney im just saying dont exclude brawl from the weeklies ( although u cant technically because ppl can bring in games and play) and honestly ive seen enough of ya talking to exclude brawl that ya should just play melee amongst urselves even if brawl is there and stop wandering over cuz u KNOW U WANT TO PLAY.

I say ace just ppl that sign up for the melee tourneys give them a wrist band like u used to and the ppl that dont make them pay for casual fridays. that always made ppl enter b4 bcuz it was the same to pay to enter melee but ppl couldnt lounge around and play friendlies.

anyways someone play me in pokemon!

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Im having people over today call me if u wanna play brawl or melee or whatever both will be there

PS - stop *****ing over this. I dont mind constructive arguments but for the love of mike EVERYONE STFU. You like it u do ...you dont u dont... For example I love Melty blood but i HATE ARCANA HEARTS...keep it on aim not on here post if ur going or hype ish up

Vanz $5 3/5 MM in brawl + $1 MM 2/3 Melee

PC - ur too good <3

BTW IMO wait til brawl comes out in the US. This is not accent core and modding a wii can cost you in the long run ( though I am not against it. ) Wait til 2-3 weeks to do it IMO.

CasshernDGZ

Smash Journeyman
Yo just make it a brawl tourney, it's a lot more fun that way. No joke we've been playing melee for 6 years, can we please put the nail in the casket already? Shiiz is getting kinda old, and it's always nearly the same results in the weeklie tournies ANYWAY, so what's the point. Throw that Brawl on son...

Alukard

Smash Hero
stop whining about the same results ... STEP IT UP !!!! ... get better and win ... u guys swear like everyone started out maddd godly ... i remember when i first started going to weeklies ... pc told me ... bum still winnin nyc teams and singles ?? i was like yea -_- ... and he was like step it up ... so i did and now we giving him challenge ... and he is actually losing in doubles lol... y aneed to gain some fuggin confidence seriously ... bunch of wimps giving up mad easy lmao

LMFAO @ the fact that some people still want a game that isn't released in ur language at the tourney ...

lets be freaking serious here for a second ...

melee has amazing combo's ... brawl does not ... and cannot due to the game mechanics its stuck with ...

brawl is slo paced ... melee is not ...

brawl is in FUGGIN JAPANESE ... melee can b decoded by everyone ...

brawl doesn't look like its going to b a tournament game YET!!!!!! because of the games new engine ... the only reason it probably will get some tourney play so fast its because of the people that are sooo overwhelmed at being bad at melee or are tired of the game ...

the game doesn't look like a tournament game i'm sry its my opinion ... a lot of people that are good at the game agree ... especially top/good players from melee ... o and plz don't go and say ..."well its brawl so i have a chance now cuz its new .... " its still the same object of the game ... knock the mother f*cker off the stage ... u think top players mindgames wont work now cuz ur character has fast red shoes ... or a new black costume ... plz get over urself ... just let the ****ing game get released ... or have a month or two in everyones house so they can feel comfortable with choosing a character/stage ...

with that said i like brawl ... it looks like it will b fun ... cuz theres mad characters and new things to try .... but relax ... and the point vanz made with the set ups its sooo f*cking tru ... at pound3 just 1 set up had everyone crowding around ... look at last weekly .. there was just bums set up and it destroyed the weekly ... then ninjalink and D1 came and put two extra bullets in melee's face ...

SHEESH!!!

=) o and

*clapclapclap* we have a winner!

I think the people that support brawl so fully are frustrated melee players who never could improve so they planned, WAY ahead of time, to use brawl as their escape.

When brawl came out and has many things about it that are just awful, unexplainable, and ridiculous, they cling to the game so tightly because they're afraid the game won't become competitive and they'll be forced back into the game they hit a dead-end wall in.

And for this reason alone, the legion of scrubs I think will make up a large community for brawl, but honestly I don't see melee dying for a while, not unless brawl has some gamebreaking **** that goes down

Jash

Smash Lord
stop whining about the same results ... STEP IT UP !!!! ... get better and win ... u guys swear like everyone started out maddd godly ... i remember when i first started going to weeklies ... pc told me ... bum still winnin nyc teams and singles ?? i was like yea -_- ... and he was like step it up ... so i did and now we giving him challenge ... and he is actually losing in doubles lol... y aneed to gain some fuggin confidence seriously ... bunch of wimps giving up mad easy lmao

LMFAO @ the fact that some people still want a game that isn't released in ur language at the tourney ...

lets be freaking serious here for a second ...

melee has amazing combo's ... brawl does not ... and cannot due to the game mechanics its stuck with ...

brawl is slo paced ... melee is not ...

brawl is in FUGGIN JAPANESE ... melee can b decoded by everyone ...

brawl doesn't look like its going to b a tournament game YET!!!!!! because of the games new engine ... the only reason it probably will get some tourney play so fast its because of the people that are sooo overwhelmed at being bad at melee or are tired of the game ...

the game doesn't look like a tournament game i'm sry its my opinion ... a lot of people that are good at the game agree ... especially top/good players from melee ... o and plz don't go and say ..."well its brawl so i have a chance now cuz its new .... " its still the same object of the game ... knock the mother f*cker off the stage ... u think top players mindgames wont work now cuz ur character has fast red shoes ... or a new black costume ... plz get over urself ... just let the ****ing game get released ... or have a month or two in everyones house so they can feel comfortable with choosing a character/stage ...

with that said i like brawl ... it looks like it will b fun ... cuz theres mad characters and new things to try .... but relax ... and the point vanz made with the set ups its sooo f*cking tru ... at pound3 just 1 set up had everyone crowding around ... look at last weekly .. there was just bums set up and it destroyed the weekly ... then ninjalink and D1 came and put two extra bullets in melee's face ...

SHEESH!!!

=) o and
This is an awesome post, N00bs...read this at once.

Edit: also i don't really care about being nice in Brawl to be honest, it was nice to be good with Young Link in Melee, but it wasn't my intention from the start, later on it was but from the start no. Young Link is my favorite character ever *which is why i still play Majoras Mask til today*. And the ONLY reason i joined competitive smash is because of him. Toon Links in it which makes me happy, but if im nice with him or not is not important to me.

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
lol @ this post

who is this anyway

well i no i will beat u BAD in melee and in brawl well i 'll still beat u:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Top Bottom