• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PlayStation

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I just want Uncharted 3 to retain its beauty while giving us a good story and gameplay. Drake da bess. That GOTY rap was so good.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
No, it's only a very specific model (80 gig fat, I think) and it runs most PS2 games. My friend has that particular model and we've had some freezing problems with some games. Usually when we try to do multiplayer.
Thanks. I guess the newest model would be better then.

Edit: Now I just need some kind of website that lists all the games exclusive for the PS3.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I know what you mean.

Time travel is too good.

No, it's only a very specific model (80 gig fat, I think) and it runs most PS2 games. My friend has that particular model and we've had some freezing problems with some games. Usually when we try to do multiplayer.
I had some freezing issues when I played Persona 3, and some weird instances in a couple games were certain images and text weren't displayed on the screen.

It was kinda janky, but it still works, so I'll take it.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I have a 60 GB launch model and have had no problems with freezing whatsoever. My room is always at 74-81F. Recipe for disaster, yes. It has framerate slowdown in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 when there are too many effects on screen (like the Dark Phoenix transformation), but otherwise, no problems.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I has 320gig ps3 slim model. The new one :d

And have you gotten all the blast shards?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Well that's how it works

To make money you gotta crush others in your way

Though from reading the comments I really do like the idea of Apple making their own console

Sure this is coming from an Apple fanboy, but still

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Though from reading the comments I really do like the idea of Apple making their own console

Knowing Apple, it would probably be massively overpriced and become obsolete after a year or two.

But never fear; they would release a new, better console every year or so!

finalark

SNORLAX

They tried once, this was the result:

The Pippin was a massive failure, with it's only memorable game being Marathon (by Bungie).

Regardless, I have mixed feeling towards the idea of Apple entering the console gaming scene. Really, their desktops not known for gaming and most of their experience in the gaming world comes with third parties developing small and simplistic games on the iPod. Frankly, anything more complex than Angry Birds just falls to pieces once you try to put it on the iPod.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Does any of you know what video files ps3 reads? Have Iron Man in mpeg4 but ps3 won't read that format.

I have a converter, just need to know which file D:

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I shall on a day off when I have time for these silly experiments :D

th0rn

Smash Lord
Does anyone know if the ps1 classics from the online store work on the ps3, or are they just meant to be transferred to the psp?

and if they work on the ps3, do they run well on a HDTV?

finalark

SNORLAX
Does anyone know if the ps1 classics from the online store work on the ps3, or are they just meant to be transferred to the psp?

and if they work on the ps3, do they run well on a HDTV?
They work both ways. I have SOTN on my PS3 and it has bars on the sides to keep it in it's original aspect ratio.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Does any of you know what video files ps3 reads? Have Iron Man in mpeg4 but ps3 won't read that format.

I have a converter, just need to know which file D:
I just played a MPEG file of Marble Hornets from youtube on my PS3 without any issues. I used AVN to convert.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I've never gotten around to exploring the perks of jailbreaking a PS3. I mean...the obvious illegal stuff would be to download games, but what other LEGAL stuff can you do?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
PSN, go to Sega games, they are free this month...how many I don't know.

So far, all I see that is free is Sonic1

Top Bottom