• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PlayStation

M!nt

Smash Champion
lol ive hacked almost all the newer systems and to tell the ps3 is the easiest one now next to the wii. As for hardware hacks, the xbox 360 has to be flashed or jtaged with both needing a opening of the console.
oh and as for swap magic, meh free mcboot is better.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
The newest PlayStation Plus deal is Fat Princess for $7.50, down from $14.99. You can already get it for $7.49 at retail. They really need to lower the normal asking price to make that worth it.

WaffleBlaster

Smash Journeyman
Resistance 3 game play:

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/01/resistance-3-gameplay-footage-brings-the-big-guns/#continued

It looks to be a much, much better version of Resistance 1's game play. Which frankly, I'm okay with given that Resistance 1 felt pretty unrefined while Resistance 2 felt really cookie-cutter.
I've never played the first, though it is at the top of my want list for the PS3, but I was actually pretty satisfied with the second. I find that, while it has a bit of a generic feel, the unique guns and nice graphics(mainly the particle effects) made it worth playing. I do have to say this looks the most promising of the trio, and they seem to really be upping the scale and atmosphere this time around. This might be worth a buy, after I get Drake's Deception of course, and may I say that Among Thieves is 25 gigs of sex on a Blu-Ray. ****ing amazing.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
There are already too many good games coming to the PS3 in 2011. Let's just add another one to the pile. Here's Dark souls the "spiritual successor" to Demon's souls.

[yt]PsrNWNc2VCA[/yt]

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Seriously, why don't they just call it Demon Souls 2. It looks EXACTLY the same gameplay and lore wise to it. You figure naming it Demon's Souls 2 would be a better idea, given how the first was a greatest hits, and a top game for the PS3.

With that being said, most of my friends don't even know about Demon's Souls. Really great game. The difficulty can be frustrating, but fun as well.

Frustrated to the point where I'm trying to run back to where I died, only to forget there is no railings at the end of a path and I fall off LOL.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Because Demon's Souls was also a spiritual successor? Because Dark Souls doesn't look like a "true sequel" to Demon's Souls? Or because Demon's Souls is more or less exclusively owned by Sony, hence they couldn't use the name?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
What did Demon's Souls base itself off of?

And just because the setting is not the same, doesn't mean it can't have the same title =/. FF series comes ot mind.

And it's owned by Sony? Is this coming out for 360 as well?

And 10 points for the douche style talking.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings

And just because the setting is not the same, doesn't mean it can't have the same title =/. FF series comes ot mind.

Yes, it is coming out for the 360 as well.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be a douche, I was trying to be witty. :urg:

Demon's Souls was the spiritual successor a series called King's Field: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King's_Field_(series)

And yes, Dark Souls is being released for both PS3 and 360.

Chill

Red
BRoomer

Demon's Souls is owned by Sony and they have said that a sequel is likely. This one isn't called DS2 because it's going to be mulit-platform.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well that'll be interesting to see. A game that plays like Demon's Souls coming out for both PS3 and 360...and then a Demon's Souls 2.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I just won't know which one to buy x.x. I know Sony holds the name rights to Demon's Souls, but is that same group gonna be making the game?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ Not I, as I'm not really a FPS kinda guy. I will say Killzone3 ranks up there with FFXIII and God of War 3 for being beautiful visually.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Well, I'm installing it now.

I also played the Dead Space: Extraction demo while it was downloaing. Pretty cool stuff, and I can't decide between getting Dead Space 2, Mass Effect 2, or Demons' souls.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I think that was why I was disappointed with the first. The game play and monsters was great but it was just too short. At least DS2 made up for it a tad. I'm still working on the Trophies.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Not a fan of survival horror games, but I wouldn't mind sitting and watching someone else play the game. Though I did play Extraction on the Wii. It was pretty fun. Can someone confirm for me in spoiler tags (if no one wants to read it) that those characters return in DS2?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I hear it gets pretty predictable though. So if you're a veteran of scary games, you should know what to expect when you walk into a closed room lol.

And it turns out that the DLC will talk about the characters from Extraction. Hooray.

Top Bottom