• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PlayStation

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
If Kick *** people end up being in that Marvel MMO, I will **** bricks, ignore my RPG hatred, and go out and buy it so I can see Hit Girl
Too bad it's not on the PS3. Yet. I know they will add it, I hope.

I'd like DC over Marvel if Superman didn't exist, and if Spidey didn't exist<3 (Or Venom really)

I'm still pissed at the lack of Venom on MvC >.>

finalark

SNORLAX
So about DCU.

I'm doing the 10-day trial from my friend's buddy card. My computer is unbelievably ****ty so I had to turn the graphics waaaaaay down then run it in a window at the lowest possible resolution just to make it playable. But once I got that out of the way I found that I like the game, it feels like a much, much better version of City of Heroes and feels like it's trying to be it's own thing rather than just rip-off WoW.

My computer sucks though so I'll probably end up having to get the PS3 version. Anyone know if the game is cross-platform?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Fat Princess is an amazing game. Every time I see it, I just can't help but want to play again. That game should have gotten more publicity than it did though.

LBP2 is pretty great so far as well.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Fat Princess is an amazing game. Every time I see it, I just can't help but want to play again. That game should have gotten more publicity than it did though.
Speaking of games with almost no publicity, I recommend anyone with $14.99 to spare get Section 8 on PSN. It's handled directly by the developer, so you get the DLC map packs for free. The game has a bit of a learning curve, but it's almost like a poor man's Halo mixed with elements from Battlefield. It's pretty fun.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
It's fantastic. Vouchers for it at GameStop go for $7.49. It's $14.99 through PSN. Best $7.49 I ever spent.
Really? I've never really seen the point of those vouchers, but I'll pick one up next time I'm in there.

LBP2 is pretty great so far as well.
Yeah, it is! What's your psn?

Speaking of games with almost no publicity, I recommend anyone with $14.99 to spare get Section 8 on PSN. It's handled directly by the developer, so you get the DLC map packs for free. The game has a bit of a learning curve, but it's almost like a poor man's Halo mixed with elements from Battlefield. It's pretty fun.
The sequel is coming out soon, so I'll probably get that when it comes out.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Really? I've never really seen the point of those vouchers, but I'll pick one up next time I'm in there.
Yeah, I was surprised too. I decided to look it up on the PlayStation Store and found out I'd paid half price. I unwittingly stumbled into a good deal.

The sequel is coming out soon, so I'll probably get that when it comes out.
I recommend giving the demo a try before you set yourself on getting Prejudice. It lets you play ten-minute stretches on a multiplayer server for an unlimited amount of times and is a great way to get a feel for it. Sure, Prejudice will likely improve on the formula, but it'll still be the same basic game, so you'll be able to make a more informed purchasing decision.

If you have any questions about the multiplayer, feel free to ask. On a somewhat related note, I managed to crush someone by landing on him from an orbital drop. I was very impressed with myself.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
My wife and I got to World 2 in LBP after Acing and getting all items on World 1. The grabinator weapon is AMAZING!

Also, we played a volleyball game online, then found the semi-secret air hockey table. I love this game so much.

Three words (with a hyphen): Cake-shooting hat.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I just got Marvel VS. Capcom 2 and the Fat Roles expansion for Fat Princess. This is my first time touching MvC since I was 10, so this should be an interesting experience.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
So I downloaded the Bulletstorm demo.

Played through it four times, had a blast, now I'm eager to drop $60 on it.
Eh, it kind of gets repetitive pretty fast tbh. Grab people with that electric thing, kick them in their faces and shoot them. Not buying the game.

And the demo was pretty short. Beat it in like 10-15 minutes. I know it's a demo, but I was expecting it to be a BIT longer than that.

What's your highest score?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I just got Marvel VS. Capcom 2 and the Fat Roles expansion for Fat Princess. This is my first time touching MvC since I was 10, so this should be an interesting experience.
Yea, Getting MvC3 on Release, and I haven't played them in years. I've been playing(sucking) at SSFIV, so maybe I won't be totally lost. I hear MvC3 isn't as hard with execution.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ I know right!? God I suck so hard at SSFIV, but it's not because I button mash or don't read up on strats, it's because I can never execute my strats.

I'll have a plan of what to do in my head, and it's a good plan, but it won't work where I try it. So. Annoying. =( I'ma be a scrub for life on SSFIV.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Sony Starts Rolling Out New PS3 Security Updates

Source: http://kotaku.com/5744389/sony-starts-rolling-out-the-ps3-security-updates

The official PlayStation.blog warns that a new system update for the PS3 (version 3.56) will be released soon. Eric Lempel, VP or Network Operations for Sony Computer Entertainment America, is brief in describing what it does, writing "This is a minor update that adds a security patch."

Perhaps more interesting than PS3 software updates is an unconfirmed report that Sony has another solution in the works to combat PlayStation 3 piracy and exploits: serial keys. According to a report on Techeye, citing Dutch PlayStation outlet PS3-Scene, who in turn cites an unnamed source, Sony may be playing to ship unique serial keys with each game it ships going forward.
I've read that 3.56 has already been hacked through so I wonder if this patch will really stop the hackers. We'll just have to wait and see.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I've considered hacking

Too bad I don't have the technological knowledge needed to actually hack into my PS3

That, and I'll most likely screw something up by opening it up and having to do **** on the inside :/

finalark

SNORLAX
Eh, it kind of gets repetitive pretty fast tbh. Grab people with that electric thing, kick them in their faces and shoot them. Not buying the game.
I sat down and played the demo a few more times again, ran out of new ways to commit murder and it started getting old. I had a blast the first few times but I'm not that eager to drop $60 on it anymore.

And the demo was pretty short. Beat it in like 10-15 minutes. I know it's a demo, but I was expecting it to be a BIT longer than that.
Given that it's like, what? 1800 or so megs I expected something longer too.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Yea, Getting MvC3 on Release, and I haven't played them in years. I've been playing(sucking) at SSFIV, so maybe I won't be totally lost. I hear MvC3 isn't as hard with execution.
I'd say it'll be a different kind of execution barrier. In SF4 there are 1-frame links that require very strict timing, whereas in MvC3 you will be pressing a lot of buttons :p

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Yeah, SSFIV has strangely strict execution for being such a scrub-friendly game. Except when you're mashing a wake-up DP. There, you'll do just fine.

I'm also getting MvC3 on day one too. I'm excited.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I'd say it'll be a different kind of execution barrier. In SF4 there are 1-frame links that require very strict timing, whereas in MvC3 you will be pressing a lot of buttons :p
Pressing a lot of buttons doesn't sound as bad as that 1 second frame for not ****ing everything up.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
^ I know right!? God I suck so hard at SSFIV, but it's not because I button mash or don't read up on strats, it's because I can never execute my strats.

I'll have a plan of what to do in my head, and it's a good plan, but it won't work where I try it. So. Annoying. =( I'ma be a scrub for life on SSFIV.
We should play some time!

Anyway, I just doubled the second place score on a Donkey Kong (the arcade game) clone level on LBP2, and now I'm in 1st place out of 600. Haha, this game is absolutely fantastic.

WaffleBlaster

Smash Journeyman
I sat down and played the demo a few more times again, ran out of new ways to commit murder and it started getting old. I had a blast the first few times but I'm not that eager to drop $60 on it anymore.

Given that it's like, what? 1800 or so megs I expected something longer too.
Thats the only thing I hate about my PS3. I just got it, insanely happy with it, but you spend 2 hours downloading a demo that is 2Gigs(namely the Uncharted 2 Demo, cool demo, probably gonna buy it, but way too short for the insane download time). Download times are insane, especially compared to the 360. I'm not a fan boy and I'm not trying to start a console war, but the 360, at least mine, downloads about 6 times faster than my PS3, literally. I can download a 1.5 gig demo for my 360 in 10 minutes and it takes 2-3 hours on the PS3.

WaffleBlaster

Smash Journeyman
I use wired on the 360, but it goes ungodly slow on the PS3. It may be because it is wireless, but it can take upwords of 3 hours to download a gig, I wouldn't think there would be that much of a difference.

WaffleBlaster

Smash Journeyman
I figured it would be better, and I would have it wired, but the ethernet cord doesn't reach the ps3.......lol, pretty dumb I know, but the RCA jacks it comes with are super short and it has to be really close to the TV

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
>_>;;; Dude I'm not computer whiz and even I know hacking involves stuff that isn't hardware (usually?)

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Yeah but iirc it's rare? Iunno, I just can't see a gaming system requiring that O_o

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I haven't hacked in so long, I have no clue :3 It just sounded odd you'd have to do that.

Top Bottom