• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale": Sony's version of Super Smash Bros.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, this guy says that details are gonna be released about this game and...it's just stuff he's posting on his own blog?

Brb, gonna post in user blogs with my insider info about Microsoft Smash Bros.
OMG, Microsoft is making a smash bros too! I just have to get it.

Going to main either Banjo or Master Chief

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Does this mean it's confirmed?

Crash for Sony Smash

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Apparently it's called Title Fight.

I would like some official confirmation about this myself. Something not from Paul's blog please.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
It would be pretty awesome if this game was melee good. I mean if sakurai wont give us a good follow up to melee maybe sony will. Also I would be psyched if sly cooper was in this game, his games where mad legit

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Link doesn't work for me, but that could be because of my internet connection here. Xat chats won't work for me on this server either.

Could you c/p the content inside?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Sure thing!

PS3 Exclusive Fighting Game In Development

Earlier in the year it was discovered that the independent studio based in California, SuperBot Entertainment, was working on an un-announced ”combat heavy” multiplayer title for the PS3. Today new information about this exclusive game indicates that SBE is developing a “very amazing” fighting game.

According to a recently published job listing, SBE is apparently looking to fill the position of a Senior Combat Designer who has ”a strong familiarity with fighting games and fighting game theory.” It’s known if this fighter will be in 2D or 3D but upon further investigation it’s clear that SBE’s new project will feature environmental and weather effects as well as cinematics.

Sounds like SuperBot Entertainment is ready to take on the heavy weights of the fighting game genre with its unnamed fighter. Swing by the studio’s website for more information on the developers.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
From that picture, Kitten fighter is looking super realistic

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
♥ Okay, so let me get this straight, is this actually true or not? Maybe too many of these rumors are now spreading everywhere causing people to create these "blogs"

or.......

Maybe it's some people who have genuine insight and are leaking info on a possible best seller, hmm...we'll all I can say is these "bloggers" better fulfill their statements, I'm actually hoping so, if not well.....they can expect a world of outlash from alot of hyped up Sony and maybe Smash fans, hope that isn't the case.

As far as Sony characters are concerned, yeah I'll take Legend of Dragoon characters over Final Fantasy VII anyday!, I can't believe I previously forgot about them. :urg:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The people at Square don't even know what a Dragoon is.

The reason they are called Dragoon is because some of them using Blunderbuss Pistols as their weapon of choice. The Blunderbuss Pistol is also known as the dragon. It's called dragon because of how the explosion and shrapnel that launches from it's "Mouth" looks. The word Dragoon itself is French for Dragon.

Dragoons were also mobile infantry, trained on horseback and on foot.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Have you ever played a Final Fantasy? In the series, Dragoons are typically spear-toting knights, not far at all from their historical counterparts. Sure, they don't ride horses. That's because there are no horses... well aside from MadPony, Sleipner and a couple other rarities. With Final Fantasy's bending and blending of real-world lore into its own fantastical dichotomy, Square absolutely has the right to depict "Dragoons" however they wish. Their dragoons jump high in the sky and like dragons, plummet down upon foes. Problem?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Obv this is a racing game with a combination of smash up attacks to push away other cars, and including other characters that don't belong to the group.

Course, I'm just looking at it from a different angle. I'm sure it actually is a fighting game...

But can the tron picture really represent stages?

---

Edit: Nvm, I don't think the tron picture actually implies racing... I just thought of tron in general. Most likely a fighter.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
No, I'm probably more pessimistic about things compared to him, but when people are making legitimate points, and he keeps repeating the same thing over and over again even AFTER he acknowledges them...well that just gets annoying to me.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
If what the rumors say is true and each character will appear in the style they originally appeared in, then **** this game. I mean, I'm all for mascot fighters, but at least try to give them the same style.

That's why Super Smash Bros. works, that's why Jump Super Stars works, that's why even Punch Time Explosion works (hey, it's a pretty good game, although not nearly the same level of Super Smash Bros. or even Jump Super Stars). That's why Poker Night at the Inventory, even though I immensely enjoyed the game, didn't really work at all. When creating a crossover game, at least TRY to make each character appear in one uniform style. I mean, their overall appearance may look like the original, but at least the style must match.

Look at Viewtiful Joe in the versus games of Capcom, he has always been in the same style as the other characters. Just put Viewtiful Joe next to Zero or Captain America in Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Even though their anatomical style is very different, their artistic style are a match.

And, since we're on a Super Smash Bros. board, just take a look at Toon Link. Even he had his style ajusted to the rest of the cast. Even Snake and Sonic shared the same style. That's what makes a good crossover game work, or at least that's one part of it. You don't just smack down several characters together and call it a day. That's why a lot of MUGEN game creation teams take a very long time creating their games. They have to resprite every character that doesn't exist in the existing game style.

So yeah, if they're not using a uniform style for the game, I'm out.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I don't think Snake's rendition was changed much compared to his MGS2 counterpart. They look exactly the same, but overall I agree.

This game has only one image out, and it's not even...how should I put this...what's gonna look like end game of Sweet Tooth's character model. I feel like this game is about 1.5 years away MINIMUM from coming out. That's more than enough time to change the artistic approach, make things fit, and add their own interpretation to a mascot fight.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Snake looks nothing like he did in MGS2, in Brawl. He looks like big boss with snake's sneaking suit on.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The game has comfirmed some characters. Do not open if you don't wanna know.

[COLLAPSE="Characters Comfirmed"]
Sly Cooper
Kratos
Parappa the Rapper
Naithen Drake
Sweet Tooth
Fat Princess[/COLLAPSE]

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Holy crap, I thought they forgot all about Parappa the Rapper! And I had to lol at bit at the Drake name mispelling. So...does this mean we can go all hardcore parkour on people?

That a pretty cool list. I'm liking some of those choices for sure.

Top Bottom