• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Play with Honor , Make Brawl Fun - With Some Thoughts from Mew2King

Calixto

Smash Apprentice
So what you're saying Dolente, is that sooner or later there will be two kinds of tournaments: ones where infinites and such are allowed (for teh leet hardcore dudez) and ones were such things are banned and frowned upon (for, as smash boardians would say, scrubs)?

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Tourney matches are fun to me no matter how ghey. You should be playing with a whole different mindset. There's always a solution, and it's ridiculous things you rarely have to deal with in friendlies. You catch glimpses in friendlies, but in tourney, fighting that real deal stuff should be you thinking about how to constantly beat it, not getting bent out of shape and wallowing on how hard someone's making winning for you.
Stop making sense, Anther. We're TRYING to ***** about Brawl here!

Nice second post. Stick around. We need more people like you. :D

D_T

Smash Rookie
One problem is that lots of people want to knock out top players.

And it's a lot easier to waste time and go almost-even with someone than it is to beat them. So that would encourage people, when playing guys who are better than them, to waste time and go for a run-time-out mutual-loss rather than fighting and probably just losing anyway.

Also, it would lead to some really sucky tournaments. Do you *really* want to win a final by default, because in the semifinals one of the players played a lovely keepaway game against the other for 8 minutes, leading to both of them being knocked out?
Most people want to take out top players, not just to take them out, but for the glory of having been the one to do it. If you took out a player in such a way, everyone would hate you, and you gain nothing from it.

In the case of people who are just idiots and are clearly just stalling to be a jerk and cause a double-loss, then use the current stalling rules and have them disqualified.

The idea behind the rule is that you hopefully won't have to actually put it in use. It is very unlikely the semifinals would have 2 people lose to such an event, especially considering a large number of people watch the semis/finals.

Again, I'm not sure how good this idea really is, but I think it would be interesting to see a tournament try it. It probably won't even have an effect on most matches at all.

However, it will prevent someone from just stalling on the ledge, even if you're on the other side of the map.

IrArby

Smash Ace
How about if you get 8 or more random people to confirm that your opponent is ledge camping during a match you get to punch him in the face,right then and there, no pausing , no mercy. Do it! You won't regret it.

RyanPF

Smash Journeyman
How about if you get 8 or more random people to confirm that your opponent is ledge camping during a match you get to punch him in the face,right then and there, no pausing , no mercy. Do it! You won't regret it.
How about we just forget the game and have a real-life Brawl.

Dolente

Smash Cadet
So what you're saying Dolente, is that sooner or later there will be two kinds of tournaments: ones where infinites and such are allowed (for teh leet hardcore dudez) and ones were such things are banned and frowned upon (for, as smash boardians would say, scrubs)?
This is one possibility, and one which I find to be likely, though it would be far more likely to be referred to as something along the lines of "official tournaments," where anything goes within reason, and "casual tournaments," where people who don't have the time, energy, attention span, or reflexes to master things like planking would play. Clearly, these tournaments would be more oriented toward "fun" in the usual sense, though I'm sure one of the more sadistic "Smash Lords" out there might go to one simply to dominate it and spit in all the pudding.

Nice second post. Stick around. We need more people like you. :D
Thank you. This is quite a pleasant surprise, I was expecting to be flamed.

kr3wman

Smash Master
This is one possibility, and one which I find to be likely, though it would be far more likely to be referred to as something along the lines of "official tournaments," where anything goes within reason, and "casual tournaments," where people who don't have the time, energy, attention span, or reflexes to master things like planking would play. Clearly, these tournaments would be more oriented toward "fun" in the usual sense, though I'm sure one of the more sadistic "Smash Lords" out there might go to one simply to dominate it and spit in all the pudding.
We already have those.

It's called ''All-Brawl'' Tournaments. They're ran by some guy who thinks items off is boring and items on is completely not broken at all.

Dolente

Smash Cadet
We already have those.

It's called ''All-Brawl'' Tournaments. They're ran by some guy who thinks items off is boring and items on is completely not broken at all.
While I personally am against using items at all, I guess that this will suffice. The focus in this particular thread, however, is (I think) more for people who want to feel competitive without having to learn reverse boost pivot grabs. As there are a myriad of people like this, I find it feasible that they could establish tournaments with chain grabs, planking, infinites, etc. etc. prohibited, and still play in an otherwise standard tournament setting with no items.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
get it throught ur noob *** skulls that each player will develop their own stradegy or use someone else that goes the closes to garanteed victory.

but there will be the ones that choose the mid tier char, because if he plays 20x harder and achieves this victory it will be 200x that much sweeter

then again who doest wanna bring a gun to a knife fight

kr3wman

Smash Master
While I personally am against using items at all, I guess that this will suffice. The focus in this particular thread, however, is (I think) more for people who want to feel competitive without having to learn reverse boost pivot grabs. As there are a myriad of people like this, I find it feasible that they could establish tournaments with chain grabs, planking, infinites, etc. etc. prohibited, and still play in an otherwise standard tournament setting with no items.
Might as well ban Edgehogging, Edgeguarding, Perfect Shielding and the use of low tiered characters because seriously, people don't want to do any work to feel competitive.

Heck, we should ban fighting games at tournaments.

heck, we should ban tournaments.

Heck, we should destroy professional sport leagues because people don't want to work to get the physical and mental preparation required to participate in those.

Heck, we should all quit our jobs because it's just too hard and people want it easy.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Here's a quote I like that can probably relate to everyone who complains about brawl not being "honorable" or chain grabs are "cheap".

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."

-Maya Angelou

I like this for the simplicity, straight-forwardness and truthfulness of it.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Here's a quote I like that can probably relate to everyone who complains about brawl not being "honorable" or chain grabs are "cheap".

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."

-Maya Angelou

It kinda fit into the other thread really well though...

XienZo

Smash Lord

-Maya Angelou

Thats why everyone's trying to change it...

K 2

Smash Lord
Thats why everyone's trying to change it...
Everyone is just complaining. Why do they care about planking? It has counters that often screw your opponent over. The only character that excels at planking is MK, but then again, a good MK doesn't need to plank to win.

kataklysm336

Smash Cadet
M2K is a scrub.

Scrub has an unwarranted negative connotation. If we're playing in a tourney finals for money, and you suddenly start convulsing, am I going to be all "now's my chance", and push your guy off the stage three times, or am I going to pause, take out my cell phone, and call 911. I'm going to do the latter, and any decent human being would. Does that make me a scrub in Sirlin's eyes? Hell yeah. So what? Being a scrub is not a bad thing. Being a douche is.

Ledgestalling is a doucebaggy move, and MK is a douchebag character. It's okay, we can be scrubs.
Best. Quote. Ever.
Scrubs unite!

Camping is lame.
Ledgestalling is lame.
And being a douchebag is lame.

And to K2, its not your fault that you lose to your opponent. Thats like saying getting shot is your fault for not dodging the bullet, or having a head-on collision is your fault because you didn't move out of the way when the other car came into your lane. If your opponent is hanging out on the ledge the whole time, and you approach its going to end in you getting edgehogged. Why? Because if they are "smart" and "skilled" enough to do that then they probably already have a plan of how to edgehog you. So then its just smarter for you to not approach. And then you have a match where one person hangs on the edge for 8 minutes and spams, and one person dodges the spams. If thats you idea of fun while playing Smash then you must live a rather dull life.

Play to win = destroy the game.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
well i agree with ban mk cuz EVERYONE uses mk and its killing the competitive scene cuz usually there are like 5 main characters that most people use and then some people used other chars (i liked link, young link, and kirby as my mains in melee)

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Best. Quote. Ever.
Scrubs unite!

Camping is lame.
Ledgestalling is lame.
And being a douchebag is lame.

And to K2, its not your fault that you lose to your opponent. Thats like saying getting shot is your fault for not dodging the bullet, or having a head-on collision is your fault because you didn't move out of the way when the other car came into your lane. If your opponent is hanging out on the ledge the whole time, and you approach its going to end in you getting edgehogged. Why? Because if they are "smart" and "skilled" enough to do that then they probably already have a plan of how to edgehog you. So then its just smarter for you to not approach. And then you have a match where one person hangs on the edge for 8 minutes and spams, and one person dodges the spams. If thats you idea of fun while playing Smash then you must live a rather dull life.

Then don't play competitively. No ones forcing you to play without items, or going to tournaments. Just don't play with people who do that.

Personally I find competitive matches fun

K 2

Smash Lord
And to K2, its not your fault that you lose to your opponent.
Lol...who's fault is it? Your opponents?

"M2K, its not my fault I suck and lost to you, its YOUR fault for being too good."

Thats like saying getting shot is your fault for not dodging the bullet, or having a head-on collision is your fault because you didn't move out of the way when the other car came into your lane.
Wow...a bit of an extreme example isn't it?

Being shot at: You have no control of someone shooting at you. You don't have a fair chance (I'm assuming you don't carry a gun with you everywhere you go).

Brawl: You have a fair chance of winning the game when it begins. (continue reading)

If your opponent is hanging out on the ledge the whole time, and you approach its going to end in you getting edgehogged. Why? Because if they are "smart" and "skilled" enough to do that then they probably already have a plan of how to edgehog you. So then its just smarter for you to not approach.

For the sake of arguments, I'm going to say that the planker is NOT a Metaknight.

Method one: Your opponent planks by dropping away from the edge and using his midair jump to regrab the ledge, refreshing his invincibility frames.

Counter Method one: If your opponent sucks at planking, a dtilt or jab will hit him and he will be forced to use up b, which should mean a free smash or free stock for you

Counter Method two: Your opponent has mastered planking. Time a speed hug right before your opponent uses his double jump. He will miss the edge, allowing you to footstool him or dair him. He will be forced to use up b to recover, which means free stock or free smash for you

Counter method three: Run off the ledge and stage spike his @#! off.

Method two: Your opponent planks by dropping from the ledge, and using the autosnap feature of his up b to sweetspot the ledge

Counter Method one: edgehog him...lol

Planking doesn't take any skill. They aren't very smart either, because they can get screwed over easily. It IS safe to confront a planker (unless he is MK).

So then its just smarter for you to not approach. And then you have a match where one person hangs on the edge for 8 minutes and spams, and one person dodges the spams. If thats you idea of fun while playing Smash then you must live a rather dull life.

He spams from the edge? That means he's attacking. Hit him after his attack and he will be stuck without an double jump and forced to use up b...you know what's next.

Playing to win is the professional way of playing. If you don't compete in tournaments, why do you care?

If you are going to let someone plank for 8 minutes and not do anything about it, you deserve to lose.

Also, they have to have lower percentage that you to win. That means, at one point they will have to confront you and do a little bit of fighting. Don't let him get the lead and this won't be a problem.

XienZo

Smash Lord
Planking doesn't take any skill. They aren't very smart either, because they can get screwed over easily. It IS safe to confront a planker (unless he is MK).
You're argument is pretty sound except for one thing...

There are like tons more people who complain about MK planking than ROB or Jigglypuff, who can't afford to stay there anyway due to large size or easy stage spike.

MK won't lose his jumps, if you edgehog, he can just wait and SL just when your invincibility runs out, and if he mistimes it, he's gliding all the way to the other ledge anyway.

Planking is almost MK exclusive, so if you say this can counter planking EXCEPT when MK's doing it, thats not going to help as much as you hoped.

Oracle

Smash Master
lol at scrub
Japanese people play like scrubs. Jesiah was right.
You're argument is pretty sound except for one thing...

There are like tons more people who complain about MK planking than ROB or Jigglypuff, who can't afford to stay there anyway due to large size or easy stage spike.

MK won't lose his jumps, if you edgehog, he can just wait and SL just when your invincibility runs out, and if he mistimes it, he's gliding all the way to the other ledge anyway.

Planking is almost MK exclusive, so if you say this can counter planking EXCEPT when MK's doing it, thats not going to help as much as you hoped.
Marth is actually somewhat better at it, as his fair has more reach and up b has more invincibility. A few others are ok, but other than marth, none are quite as good.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
M2K is a scrub.

Scrub has an unwarranted negative connotation. If we're playing in a tourney finals for money, and you suddenly start convulsing, am I going to be all "now's my chance", and push your guy off the stage three times, or am I going to pause, take out my cell phone, and call 911. I'm going to do the latter, and any decent human being would. Does that make me a scrub in Sirlin's eyes? Hell yeah. So what? Being a scrub is not a bad thing. Being a douche is.

Ledgestalling is a doucebaggy move, and MK is a douchebag character. It's okay, we can be scrubs.
Good job for completely misreading Sirlin.

Generally, writers give each other something called charitable reading, wherein there is a particular standard practice, which could be called 'the special reasons proviso'. Charitable reading means you read the argument at first as though trying to believe it. You even substitute in remedies for the writer's own mistakes if you can see how they would want to argue it if they noticed the point.

The special reasons proviso is this: When I'm saying something, you always take it under certain limiting assumptions. I *can't* communicate to you except by depending on you to know what cases my statements do not apply in. In essence, I'm depending on you being able to relevantly frame my statement.
As an example, the very beginning of that paragraph. You do not always take my statements under certain limiting assumptions, if, say, I am arguing a mathematical theorem to you, in which case everything I am saying is explicit, and absolutely nothing is supposed to be filled in. But I didn't *say* that - I said 'always'. But I didn't lie to you. We'd all be very pissed off if I made that exception in my 'always', and we would in fact find that there are an infinite number of exceptions I'd have to make.

Getting back to Sirlin, I'm pretty sure that when he said 'play to win', he was just taking for granted - assuming you would assume - that "the tournament is proceeding under normal conditions." The tournament has not been halted by police investigation, your opponent is not experiencing a brain embolism, the premises are not ominously and portentously filling with water from an unknown source, etc. etc. He just was figuring this is how people would read him, because we could piss each other off all day if we paid attention to counterexamples to everything the other strictly said.

It's just not how communication works. But perhaps the ignorance of this in the common populace is the reason for all this spineless "IMO"ing and other evasive tactics, not to mention outright avoidance of conflict.

I can point to Chaotic Nightmare's a few pages ago, who embarrassingly said basically 'hey guys, stop arguing the topic and get back on topic.'
Truly, the widespread perception that all forms of disagreement, wherever expressed verbally, are (a) mere argument (futile, distressing conflict), (b) hopeless (in that "no one is right or wrong"), and (c) rude, or just WRONG; is the single greatest pain I am reminded of almost every day.

Most of the time, there *is* a right or wrong. The point is figuring out which is which. Sometimes, convincing the other guy rubs off as an aftereffect.

EDIT: Wow, I thought I was quoting a guy on page 24, not page 4. Ouch.

@K 2: Maybe you lost sight of the fact that for some characters, due to either air speed, aerial attack options, or both, "stage spiking" is not a viable option to counter planking. Similarly, edge hugging does not "just work."

Vv2

Smash Apprentice
me and my friends play no more then 2 grabs in a row and 5 seconds on a ledge but when it comes to competitive level...its like telling some one they cant use the sniper rifle in halo cause its cheap...if its not game breaking like IC chain grab DDD grab(only 3 chars but w/e) or infinite capping but even then...if its for money...people are gonna do it...hell in friendlies people will still do it its pretty hard to say dont pick up the sniper rifle...when your down a few kills and your on a map like guardian...your gonna tower camp

point is camping isn't a new tactic neither is using things that are built into the game...once you start banning things based on intention...where do you stop? Ban all AT's cause they weren't intended to be in the game by the designers?snake can't power slide?pika can't Quac?

All tournaments can do is try to discourage behavior by having referees watch match and judge when somethings gone amiss after mario has been grabbed by DDD 5-6 times i would say "Thats enough"
after pika or fox ledge hops / vB 3-4 times i would prob say "thats enough" but besides having a "moral judge" watch every match I don't know what you would do the moment you set rules in stone you start debates and arguments I.E. you limit chain grabs to only 3 in a row or w/e what happens if the person accidentally grabs a fourth time etc...or some other miscalculation that is misinterpreted which is what happens in some tournaments with set rules.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
in the comments underneath the video on the first post it reads
"fast and flashy does not = good"
i think we did a GREAT job breaking the game down and figuring out the best tactics and the best circumstances one would need to win. they just happen to be chaingrabbing, planking, etc.etc.

now if you dont like that syle of play... melee is still alive and well. that is very offensive and fast paced and that is how it SHOULD be played. so simply play that.

if you like playing brawl how it SHOULD be played then play that.

it's like the japanese are trying to play brawl like it's melee... which is retarted because i stopped doing that after day 1 of owning brawl.

Calixto

Smash Apprentice
No johns doesn't really get us anywhere. It seems like most things are fair game for people who call no johns.

"WHAT THE **** MY FACE YOU PUNCHED MY FACE."

"No johns."

"I AM BLEEDING. FROM MY FACE."

XienZo

Smash Lord
No johns doesn't really get us anywhere. It seems like most things are fair game for people who call no johns.

"WHAT THE **** MY FACE YOU PUNCHED MY FACE."

"No johns."

"I AM BLEEDING. FROM MY FACE."
How is that unfair? Your character isn't bleeding.

z3r0C0oL

Smash Apprentice
In professional sports; lets say Basketball, Soccer, and Football, they play for MILLIONS of dollars.

And, at the start of their matches, the play the game with Sportsmanship. This happens throughout most of the match.

Once they get to the last, say 5 or 10 min of the game, you can see the "play to win" strategies.

Basketball teams will intentional foul the other team to try and get the ball back. And during the last 20 seconds or so, they will try and run the clock out.

Football, they will start making catches, and then run out of bounds to stop the clock.

Soccer, the team with the lead, will start to keep the ball on their side of the goal during the last 5 to 10min or so and just pass the ball among themselves.

This is considered a play to win strategy. However, no one considers this a douchebag way to play. They still play the game, respect the other team, have sportsmanship, and still play to win. All without being a douche.

SK92 vs Plank is a prime example of douchbaggery. Why? Because Plank began planking as soon as the match started, and continued to plank his way to victory.

Had Plank played SK, had a great match and then did what he did during the last 30 sec or so, people would understand why he did it. The clock then came into play. That would have been the smart thing to do. But going into a match, tagging your opponant and then just running away is really lame.

Imagine a Boxing match like that, guy tags his opponant, then proceeds to run away for the rest of the match. In theory, I guess you could do that. But you wont really see that in Pro boxing. And when you do , its pretty much laughed at and considered a joke by everyone.

Amateurs compete like douches.

Pros play to win.

I didnt start his thread to make people enforce 'moral' rules during a tournament.
That will never happen.

You should always play to win. Especially during a tourney.

But no one wants this game devolving into a plankfest, grabfest, or or overall boring game to play. The game is broken enough as it is.

All I'm suggesting, is that if people that compete professionally for Millions of dollars with millions of people watching and can STILL show some sportsmanship, i think Smashers playing for a few hundred bucks can do the same.

Vv2

Smash Apprentice
They hold back in sports because there are referees that call penalties like delay of game for example....Referees are less likely to call a penalty in the last 2 mins because sports are different then competitive gaming. Sports are played to entertain people. Do you think you would go watch a soccer tournament if they did that the whole time? Gaming is more like a skills competition, you don't watch it for entertainment. How many skills competitions have you gone to watch? Games are meant to be played not watched. Camping is a legitimate tactic in games specifically because they are not meant to be watched. So to reiterate sports have referee's games don't I.E. not a good comparison. Also end of the day the athletes get payed if you lose at a tournament you're usually out money...These problems in competitive gaming aren't merely in brawl the way they have been dealt with in some games is by adding referees to watch them...

RyanPF

Smash Journeyman
They hold back in sports because there are referees that call penalties like delay of game for example....Referees are less likely to call a penalty in the last 2 mins because sports are different then competitive gaming. Sports are played to entertain people. Do you think you would go watch a soccer tournament if they did that the whole time? Gaming is more like a skills competition, you don't watch it for entertainment. How many skills competitions have you gone to watch? Games are meant to be played not watched. Camping is a legitimate tactic in games specifically because they are not meant to be watched. So to reiterate sports have referee's games don't I.E. not a good comparison. Also end of the day the athletes get payed if you lose at a tournament you're usually out money...These problems in competitive gaming aren't merely in brawl the way they have been dealt with in some games is by adding referees to watch them...
Sports are only played to entertain people? That's not the primary reason. I play high school basketball and I don't give a clam about the audience.

Vv2

Smash Apprentice
Sports are only played to entertain people? That's not the primary reason. I play high school basketball and I don't give a clam about the audience.
first that is recreational....you don't get paid

Second professional sports are purely played to entertain people

and lastly the only one that watches your games is your mom and trust me she does it out of love...not to be entertained

XxBlackxX

Smash Ace
In professional sports; lets say Basketball, Soccer, and Football, they play for MILLIONS of dollars.

And, at the start of their matches, the play the game with Sportsmanship. This happens throughout most of the match.

Once they get to the last, say 5 or 10 min of the game, you can see the "play to win" strategies.

Basketball teams will intentional foul the other team to try and get the ball back. And during the last 20 seconds or so, they will try and run the clock out.

Football, they will start making catches, and then run out of bounds to stop the clock.

Soccer, the team with the lead, will start to keep the ball on their side of the goal during the last 5 to 10min or so and just pass the ball among themselves.

This is considered a play to win strategy. However, no one considers this a douchebag way to play. They still play the game, respect the other team, have sportsmanship, and still play to win. All without being a douche.

SK92 vs Plank is a prime example of douchbaggery. Why? Because Plank began planking as soon as the match started, and continued to plank his way to victory.

Had Plank played SK, had a great match and then did what he did during the last 30 sec or so, people would understand why he did it. The clock then came into play. That would have been the smart thing to do. But going into a match, tagging your opponant and then just running away is really lame.

Imagine a Boxing match like that, guy tags his opponant, then proceeds to run away for the rest of the match. In theory, I guess you could do that. But you wont really see that in Pro boxing. And when you do , its pretty much laughed at and considered a joke by everyone.

Amateurs compete like douches.

Pros play to win.

I didnt start his thread to make people enforce 'moral' rules during a tournament.
That will never happen.

You should always play to win. Especially during a tourney.

But no one wants this game devolving into a plankfest, grabfest, or or overall boring game to play. The game is broken enough as it is.

All I'm suggesting, is that if people that compete professionally for Millions of dollars with millions of people watching and can STILL show some sportsmanship, i think Smashers playing for a few hundred bucks can do the same.
however,
there is a problem with comparing pro sports player to smashers:

think about it, pro basketball, football, and soccer players, do they really need to win to earn money? no. they are given money just for being on teams. whereas smashers are not. they have to WIN the tourney to win some money. another thing is, pro sports are made to enertain watchers as much as they are to win themselves. therefore, no one wants to watch a basketball game with lots of fouls and stalling, no one wants to watch boxing where he lands a hit and runs away. if players did that, ratings would go down and they would get paid less. in competitive gaming, however, it IS about winning and not making it fun to watch.

and also realize, im not biased for planking in any way. in fact, i hate planking/ledgestalling and it hurts my character a lot in tournies. however, i realize that they are only doing what i would do in their position: do whatever it takes to WIN.

Vv2

Smash Apprentice
however,
there is a problem with comparing pro sports player to smashers:

think about it, pro basketball, football, and soccer players, do they really need to win to earn money? no. they are given money just for being on teams. whereas smashers are not. they have to WIN the tourney to win some money. another thing is, pro sports are made to enertain watchers as much as they are to win themselves. therefore, no one wants to watch a basketball game with lots of fouls and stalling, no one wants to watch boxing where he lands a hit and runs away. if players did that, ratings would go down and they would get paid less. in competitive gaming, however, it IS about winning and not making it fun to watch.

and also realize, im not biased for planking in any way. in fact, i hate planking/ledgestalling and it hurts my character a lot in tournies. however, i realize that they are only doing what i would do in their position: do whatever it takes to WIN.
My point exactly /agree

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
this will never work in america. people don't really play for money in japan. a lot of people play for money here. why listen to someone telling you to play with honor when hundreds of dollars are on the line?

it's unfortunate, because these tactics hurt a game like brawl muuuuuuch more than they hurt a game like melee.

RyanPF

Smash Journeyman
first that is recreational....you don't get paid

Second professional sports are purely played to entertain people

and lastly the only one that watches your games is your mom and trust me she does it out of love...not to be entertained
Professional athletes play professional sports to make money. IF it was to entertain people, they'd play for free.

Teams that lose make a lot less money than teams that win. There's more money involved in one professional basketball game than in 100 Smash tournaments.

The only reason teams in professional sports don't stall or try cheap tactics is because THEY DON'T WORK in pro sports. The reason fouling doesn't happen until the end of the game is because players can't play if they foul more than a certain number of times. The reason they don't stall is because there is a shot clock, and because the other team will steal it eventually and get an easy score.

Cheap tactics don't work in sports. If they did, they would be used. Anyone remember the defensive hockey player that faceguarded the opposing goalie? It worked somewhat, until it was BANNED. That's right, they made a a rule against it because it hurt the game. SBR needs to step up and do the same for Brawl if it's such a huge problem. Players shouldn't have to choose between playing with honor and playing to win.

Top Bottom