• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Play 'n' Trade - NYC - Oct 18, 08 - SSBB 1v1/2v2 - NYC is back baby! - bring setups!!

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Wait, wtf? Team Bro **** was my team at Planking MK 2 weeks ago. I call copyright infringement on whoever used that. ):

PK Webb

Smash Champion
That tourney was crazy!!!!!!! I played maybe 1 noob and i mean complete noob and he was my random double partner. i was one of the people who played sheik and zelda and i must say alot of the people i played were monsters!!! like Snake and Dark Peach, this tourney made me see where i am skill wise and has made me want to get even better. The pools thing sucked but im not pointing fingers because the store wasn't expecting that many people. The store owner was a jerk but the workers were chill. I had some of the best brawls in my life last saturday. Especially that sheik vs sheik match with Snake i want a rematch

OneShotKi11

Smash Rookie
alex, blue and myself discussed this. We looked at pools vs brackets. 6 hours vs 11 hours. it's just that simple. we would have done a bracket from the top 4 but we were under the impression that we had to get it done. once things calmed down we could have done the 64 vs 32.

And for people who keep thinking the store made decent money. we honestly didn't. sorry to burst your bubbles. the only people who got good money were the people who placed. i'm heading into to the store to send alex the tio file later. so you can get your results up.

oneshot i'm sorry but the math that you were showing me for brackets was not going to work because there is no such thing as .5 in a tournament and we cannot in all fairness just start assigning bye's to random people just to make the bracket work. also you wanted to single elim. bum,myself,blue alex sat at the end and we all decided against single elim. people would have torn the store apart.

if we raised the venue fee. some of you might not have been able to enter. it's a tough situation and we on our end did the best we could.

at the end of the day i think everyone got a crazy amount of matches in. I saw some of the pools results and if we were doing a straight bracket a lot of people would have have been done fast.

and i'm very disappointed in dire and team bro ****.
Sorry to pop your attempting to pop my bubble PHIRE, but what i showed you wasnt players left in the tournament but matches played per round. So if you saw the number "5" it was referring to matches played, and that meant 10 people were left.
But......
Then you could carry it down to the result of leaving 5 players after that round which inturn leads us to your case in point anyway....LoLz
My experience from the tournament hopping scene is that there are almost never an even amount of players per bracket in any tournament, thus always resulting in the use of a "BYE". You seemed to refer to them as something unfair when infact they are common among tournaments.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
Cool thanks guys i'll be training hard for those matches and anyone else who i saw at the tourney! Can't wait

BUM163

Smash Lord
ok so apparently i knew i shouldn't have listen to this white dude that said i had his brawl game. the eject button on the wii got mess up. my sd card is missing and that white dude played me for a fool and got my brawl game. he was like oh yours have scratches and such and i let it go cause i figure it would work.

now i know why he did that and when i see him he owes me.

BUM163

Smash Lord
yea he is the one that has it. he message me on aim but then i forgot what happen lol. ok but now i know he has it. thx

Matumakka

Smash Cadet
YO that Tourney was SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was like the only shiek there wtf lol, a little dissapointing in the end due to the Owners complaints and sudden rule changes but overall nicely done ppl I had lots of fun there

BUM163

Smash Lord
yea in a way i won't mind if its done in there again. it's up to alex. i'll speak to him and see whats happening. bx weekly please vote for friday or saturday

PK Webb

Smash Champion
YO that Tourney was SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was like the only shiek there wtf lol, a little dissapointing in the end due to the Owners complaints and sudden rule changes but overall nicely done ppl I had lots of fun there
Naw i was there too and using sheik and zelda i want to play u next time

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I want the results... before Wednesday. I'm pretty sure I got 9th but I really want to know...

OneShotKi11

Smash Rookie
also you wanted to single elim. bum,myself,blue alex sat at the end and we all decided against single elim.
I never said anyting about single elimination so please dont comment on things you actually arent sure are true.
Alex and MYSELF before i left had already pondered that thought and we both agreed it could never be single elimination. Once he even mentioned single elimination to me i immediately said no and he then proceeded to say that is exactly how he feels.
So i dont know where your getting your information from.......

gloryofphire

Smash Rookie
Apologizing again for the delay in getting the offical results up. Crismas and i thought we put the tio file on the flash drive(double blonde moment). snafu on my end, not alex's

Jeremy- One shot kill
you approached me complaining that we have played about 450 matches of pool play. you whipped out your calculator and started doing computations, to be honest i wasn't paying full attention to you, i was thinking about what was going on at the moment, i'm sorry but you did end up with some funky math. You also said one big bracket single. you might not remember because you were probably in a rush to leave with your girlfriend. You also complained about how you got screwed on your pay but you just miscounted because you were in a rush and did infact have the right amount. Which is fine people make mistakes. Moving foward,if you want to discuss store strats please do so at meetings. We would be happy to have you attend meetings so you can voice your concerns and ideas.

Also you wanted to give out RANDOM byes just to make the bracket work. never said anything was wrong with it.

If we have another large turnout for any tournaments we'll just modify things accordingly .

Alex and myself were just not expecting a turn out that huge. In retrospect yeah i think we could have run things differently but hindsight is always 20/20.

We also look foward to seeing you guys coming in for grand opening week and some of you to get your ***** kicked in battle fantasia >;D

BUM163

Smash Lord
my bx weekly/std is on friday. the thread is up on the atlantic north regional

Sintros

Smash Journeyman
aight bum, do you need help in anything bum to make the event run smoother, i work for free :)

Will_Base

Smash Rookie
Friday is hard for people with jobs, so I would vote Saturday for what that's worth (probably not too much since this was my first brawl tournament)

Thanks to everyone I played for being cool people

I thought the whole event was a lot of fun despite the event being a bit over capacity, so thanks to Alex for organizing it. If you throw more events, I'll be there

Top Bottom