• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Plairnkk's Guide to playing Sheik! Icies vid up 3/23/07

Banks

Smash Hero
too bad whenever i try to record vs jiggs players they decline.

prolly cuz i **** them too bad X.X
play vs darc. he only three stocks DJ's sheik so u should have no prob. OHHHH

probably the same way you gave me $100 in sheik dittos. =)
all i seem to remember was chain grab lolololol

it was 1-2 tho and i got an ipod for cheap son, so no complaints

teh_nuke

Smash Cadet
this is a very helpful guide. I only picked up sheik as my second main since my main is peach and my friend just uses marth since marth is really good against peach. I heard sheik ***** marth though so when i go over there tomorrow I'll see if I can **** him until he gives marth up for another character.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
I know that you hate Zelda, but her Bair is pretty useful against a sleeping Jiggz as well. You should have enough time to change into Sheik before attacking and change back after a sweetspot.

Ares726

Smash Ace
I know that you hate Zelda, but her Bair is pretty useful against a sleeping Jiggz as well. You should have enough time to change into Sheik before attacking and change back after a sweetspot.
Doesn't a fully charged Zelda fsmash have more knockback/do more damage than her bair/fair though? Plus, transforming would only make a difference at low->mid percents. At mid->high percents a fully charged usmash from Sheik is enough to kill on most stages.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Zelda's Fsmash is bad against Jiggz. A smart Jiggz will CC the Fsmash into a Rest. Fsmash sucks Jiggz into Rest range.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i think any % where a kick would kill, a fully charged usmash would kill. but ill mess around w/ it and see

i dont actually hate zelda... i use her too, lol

its just i dont think she has a place in competitve play. i use her for recovering but a good player will punish you pretty badly for switching

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
On standard stages, probably not. But for weird counter-pick stages like Kongo Jungle and Brinstar which have high ceilings, the Lightning Kick might be helpful. Maybe Dreamland, and at least it gives you an edge-guard opportunity.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
SO YOU WANT THIS GUIDE TO GO UNFINISHED THEN!?!??!?!?! HUH HUH!?!??! a

APImagine

Smash Apprentice
Is there any thread around here that DOES go really in-depth in regards to Sheik's needle game?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Is there any thread around here that DOES go really in-depth in regards to Sheik's needle game?
charge your needles when you have the time

double jump and release all your needles when someone is recovering from below the stage

don't be afraid to jump out, needle, then jump/up+B back to the ledge

when someone rolls, hit them with needles if you have them

if someone is recovering towards the stage horizontally, hit them with a single needle over and over again until their staggaring recovery gets you close enough to jump off and fair them or bair them from the ledge

if you have double jumped over someone and are worried about being juggled, release your needles on the enemy below you and follow up with a d-smash, grab, tilt, jab, or dash attack depending on your preference and situation

While it may seem cool to needle cancel a lot, it doesn't make you invincible so don't spam needle canceling; it is a trick, use it like one

If a Jiggs missed a rest, don't throw needles and expect the needle cancel to remove the lag, allowing you to grab + fair. This will work against bad Jiggs, but good Jiggs can, and do, buffer rolls and spot dodges to get out of that.

If you are worried about someone approaching with a grab or dash attack and they are mixing it up very well, you may want to throw in short hopping in place with charge needles. It totally ***** any ground attack and is much easier than shielding what ends up being a grab or wavedashing backwards only to be hit by their dash attack. Hitting them with a full batch of needles also gives you plenty of time to hit the ground and then follow it up with a dash-cancelled grab.

There, I just saved you a lot of trouble.

KYLEMARTHFALCODANIELSON

Smash Apprentice
who is generally regarded as the best sheik in the world? sorry but i am new to the tournament scene and i only know a few good players like ken,pc,bombsoldier and some others. i was just wondering who the best sheik is and if there are any really amazing combo vids that i should watch to get better at sheik?

Cort

Apple Head
KoreanDJ's Sheik is arguably the best in the world.

Ask Mew2King to **** you with Sheik and it will be done. He just chooses Marth because it's easier.

Drephen's Sheik is boring as hell and not fun to watch at all, but he gets things done so whatever.

Plank's Sheik is king of up smashing.

Cort

Apple Head
KDJ is probably the funnest person to watch.. ever? Well, maybe not ever. But he's very aggressive and entertaining.

KYLEMARTHFALCODANIELSON

Smash Apprentice
i played a ton last night with sheik and have all her timing and shffl and wavedash stuff down i am now trying to learn all the different tricks and stuff w/ her what is the needle cancel thing you mention up above in the needle section and how do you do it? if this is already posted somewhere please direct me to it and any other sheik tricks. thanks.

also, do you have to do something different when you use sheiks needles in the air cuz i always try to use them but it seems like they never come out. help please thanks.

Top Bottom