• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Plairnkk's Guide to playing Sheik! Icies vid up 3/23/07

KYLEMARTHFALCODANIELSON

Smash Apprentice
never mind about the aerial needles i figured them out i kinda like the diagonal throw, cool edgeguard. but i still don't know what needle canceling is or how to do it/when to use it. please someone tell me.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
The captain jack basic videos are really good videos also. His matches are also really good.

I suggest watching him also.

Everyone should go to Viva La Smashtalysm.

BlaceTeam

Smash Rookie
Down+B: Don't do it
Damage: Loss of the match
General purpose: To make you lose matches

SOOO NOT TRUE! I survived MANY times thanks to that! When being knocked out for far far far you just change to zelda , Do teleport , and edge switch back to sheik!!!!

Also , Zelda's FAIR is pretty leet xD

KYLEMARTHFALCODANIELSON

Smash Apprentice
Down+B: Don't do it
Damage: Loss of the match
General purpose: To make you lose matches

SOOO NOT TRUE! I survived MANY times thanks to that! When being knocked out for far far far you just change to zelda , Do teleport , and edge switch back to sheik!!!!

Also , Zelda's FAIR is pretty leet xD
uh it was a joke dude we all use it sometimes.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
lol it was somewhat a joke. since i actually use zelda and have learned her recovery to the fullest i use it sometimes. but honestly REALLY sparingly, and against characters without a solid kill move like peach or marth, and mainly on big stages like dreamland or fd. its not worth it vs most characters, though

KYLEMARTHFALCODANIELSON

Smash Apprentice
why wouldn't you want to use it? it goes farther by far and if some body tries to edgeguard the teleport just edgetech it and transform back to sheik???? why would you take the guaranteed death with sheik rather than attempting the recovery with zelda that could save you and be the difference in a match?

cablepuff

Smash Ace
unless your on your last life.. you don't want to lose that inviciblity that you have in next stock.

Cort

Apple Head
Because apparently the ONLY time to change back into Sheik is immediately after respawning, in which case you instantly lose that invincibility you get for respawning as soon as you become Zelda.

KYLEMARTHFALCODANIELSON

Smash Apprentice
aaah i c what you are trying to say now, i misunderstood you. the idea would be to transform back before you die in the first place, and should you die as zelda, then use her invincibility to get the opponent occupied enough (preferably)off the ledge) to transform back every sheik user needs to master zelda as well so u can take full advantage of the character, i c what u mean, you would never want to change after respawn, when you transform to Z and teleport to the ledge, drop down transform and then get back up to the ledge.

Cort

Apple Head
That's a good idea, but it's all situational. The opponent could just see this coming and edge hog you, which puts you in a tight situation.

KYLEMARTHFALCODANIELSON

Smash Apprentice
if they get on the ledge, then just teleport above them onto the stage rather than trying to grab the edge, if they try and edge guard by attacking, that's where the edge-teching comes into play. and god forbid none of this works, that's where knowing how to use zelda long enough to transform back comes into play. if you can't fight the guy off with zelda then just get to the edge and do the drop transform recover and don't attack at all.

Sliq

Smash Master
IDK, my BFF Plank.

I think you need to update the Jiggs section of your guide to also involve not tech rolling towards a Jiggs and getting rested.

KYLEMARTHFALCODANIELSON

Smash Apprentice
I dunno man...Zelda's pretty bad.
i don't think so, i like zelda and use her when needed. if you don't want to or think she isn't good enough to use then w/e but that is just what works for me, do whatever you feel comfortable with. i am just trying to tell ppl a way to recover that works for me and that i use, if you can't and choose not to that's your perrogative as a player.

Sliq

Smash Master
i don't think so, i like zelda and use her when needed. if you don't want to or think she isn't good enough to use then w/e but that is just what works for me, do whatever you feel comfortable with. i am just trying to tell ppl a way to recover that works for me and that i use, if you can't and choose not to that's your perrogative as a player.
Apparently it is your prerogative as a player to lose.

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
Great guide plairnkk, but just wondering, you ever gonna finish that needle section? I'd like to learn a few new needle tricks to be more annoying when I play.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Great guide plairnkk, but just wondering, you ever gonna finish that needle section? I'd like to learn a few new needle tricks to be more annoying when I play.
probably not. the removal of +rep ruined my desire to do this. LOL

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I like how this thread still has the title of New Icies vids 3/37/07.

You should put in your matches with Chinesah. Many Sheiks need help with Fox... I'm slowly getting better at that matchup, lol.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
That's because I'm a greedy ******* and don't want to tell anyone the secrets.

Plank is a nice guy that tries to help others.

I'm going to edit my other post because it seems like I'm trying to be like an *** when I was just joking around.

Cort

Apple Head
Yeah okay, fine. Whatever.

It's still annoying >_>

On the subject of Sheik, why does usmash **** me so hard?

Top Bottom