• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Plairnkk's Guide to playing Sheik! Icies vid up 3/23/07

O2Ash

Smash Cadet
@UpDownLeft
I don't know about fireballs and stuff but I know that edge guarding Luigi is kinda easy. You could just walk down the ledge and Fair him or just needle him repeatedly. Since he'll lose a jump, his UpB will have less range vertically. But that's just my way of edge guarding Luigi, not sure how others do it. x_x

Jboy313

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Braunz
i was just wondering if its harder to short hop with sheik than with fox..?

fox you need to hold X or Y for 2 frames and he leaves the ground 2 frames after that. my friend says that sheik is harder but i dont think so.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Yeah i actually use downb for recovery a lot against chars that dont have strong kill moves guaranteed (usually marth), but this guide is very old =[

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I used to do it to Marth but then I stopped when I realized Zelda lags longer than Sheik does and is apparently easier to waveland tipper than Sheik is, and has fewer tricks to reduce that lag.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Yeah, but sometimes there are situations where you wont be able to make it back with sheik AT ALL and only will with zelda, which is really the only time its good to use her.

lexington

Smash Cadet
Down+B: Don't do it
Damage: Loss of the match
General purpose: To make you lose matches
HAHAHA I LAUGHED SO HARD WITH THAT xDDDDDD

please complete the post D:

btw you forgot to mention the dash attack O.o

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Zelda is really easy to use. Just space fair or bair and d-smash if they get close. You can also transform into shiek on the ledge. Also sh fair/bair + dj fair/bair + fair/bair -> l-cancel.

O-Ren

Smash Rookie
this thread is really helpful thanks :D
plus i had no clue there was a noob dictionary so i am thankful for the link :3

Republican0fHeaven

Smash Ace
I definitely feel this thread needs updated. I just wanted to check the puff matchup and there is a bit of disagreement. Watching for the pound to get back on stage? 70-30 sheik?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
this is way old. things have changed a lot since then haha :)

umm, id say jiggs sheik is like 50/50 now :o maybe a bit in jiggs favor

Raveks

Smash Rookie
Great guide ! :D I am curious if this guide translates well to Project M. My local events are usually PM and that's what i usually play with friends and such. As a Sheik main I've been looking for guides to up my game but haven't had much luck in the form of PM guides.

I feel as though melee and PM are similar enough that many concepts can be used in either, but as someone who obviously knows smash well, would this guide ( and other melee guides ) help me in PM? Or should i keep looking for PM guides.
Thanks and again, great guide! Keep it up :D

IceyBeef

The Supreme Beef Lord
3DS FC
5069-4117-1821
I feel the same about peach. Im like "PSHHHHHH EASY SHE IS A FLOATY" Then I realize midmatch I need to play smart. Good guide!

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
Huh. Is this guide all that up to date?

I'm just wondering because 2006/07 is pretty... old. I'm looking for a guide to fill out some stuff on Liquipedia, and this is the only semi reliable one I can find. Updates any time soon? @ P Plairnkk

Top Bottom