• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Plairnkk's Guide to playing Sheik! Icies vid up 3/23/07

APImagine

Smash Apprentice
When it comes to Sheik, is it generally a good idea to aerial approach, or is it better to approach with grabs and tilts that could lead into D-smashes?

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
It's generally a good idea to not approach and let them come to you. Approaching with shields/ spaced bairs are good though.

Ophelius

Smash Ace
You know the little sprinkles you had on your ice
D-smash is overrated. If you miss, it's easily punishable. If you let them come to you, they can camp out. If they're a prjectile happy character, like Samus, they might not even come at all. Practice dodging attacks and slowly working your way to these characters in this case.

Drephen

Smash Master
D-smash is overrated. If you miss, it's easily punishable. If you let them come to you, they can camp out. If they're a prjectile happy character, like Samus, they might not even come at all. Practice dodging attacks and slowly working your way to these characters in this case.
GTFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kiwiii

Smash Lord
dlol thats the most beautiful thing about drephen's sheik. doing dsmash at the best time, dash attack at the best time, grab at the best time, spot dodge at the best time.......<3LOL

Banks

Smash Hero
can u post some vids of u vs skler at VLS? i wanna see how badly sheik ***** link!
epic post.

but actually i could find some vids of me vs skler at IXesticle. to see how bad sheik beats link and....marth?!?!?! WUT?!?!

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
theres no reason to, skler has been nothing but cool ever

everyone else just talks **** for him, lol

JaketheSnake

Smash Rookie
I was wondering if theres less lag with throwing one needle uncharged than charging then throwing.

It seems to me like theres much more lag when throwing just the one needle w/o charging.

This may be due to the fact that it has to charge the one needle then release it as opposed to just releasing an already charged storm.....

Maybe?

COOPER

Smash Apprentice
i think theres less lag when throwing charged needles than uncharged but there seems to be even less when jumping-->throwing like 2 or 3 and its great for setting up combos and whatnot

UpDownLeft

Smash Rookie
Hi, I'm not sure if it's been discussed in another part of the guide(besides the beginning), but can someone go into further detail on how to deal with Luigi? I'm having a lot of trouble against him. He likes spamming his fireballs and tornado attack.

Also, I can't seem to effectively edge guard against him.

taimaishu99

Smash Rookie
why would u want to "gay" c.falcon? hes just trying to make a living!!!
"Overall your goal against falcon is to get him off the edge and gay him. Grab him, tech chase him, throw him off, gay him. :p" I didnt c that lol I was about to correct you and say: its falco cause falco spams shots like how ppl spam the question what a wavedash is :dizzy:

enza99

Smash Rookie
lookin forward to those needle explanation/tut/guide/whatever lol
right now i can hit ppl off edge and jump throw pretty nicely works pretty well first time when unexpected =D

just found out about the idea of charging then jump throw and rush in for the grab... its like simple but it seems to work i guess? havnt really had time to try

the whole charge reverse whatever would be nice XD

Top Bottom