• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Plairnkk's Guide to playing Sheik! Icies vid up 3/23/07

Ares726

Smash Ace
tilt + grab?
Tilts, grabs, and needles are the fall back (and sometimes primary) plan for every matchup. I don't know any Ganon-specific things is what I was trying to say. I know the chaingrab. I know the tilts because he's heavy. I know to watch out for his fair because he uses it so much. I know needles **** his recovery. I know to meteor cancel the dair and watch out for the backwards uair while he's edgeguarding.

If that's all then I guess I know it, but if there's more then I don't.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Vs Ganon all I do is literally spam tilts, goes through all his attacks. Ganon has no problem ****ing you up if you get too close to him, but if you space properly it's quite easy.

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
Hey, I know you haven't worked on this for awhile, but if you ever get some free time I'm interested in the Doc and Luigi matchups. Your matchup explanations are really helpful, thanks.

Aesis

Smash Ace
You have almost everything relevant covered. I didn't think someone could write a Sheik guide so thorough. I am thoroughly impressed. Good sht.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
thanks aesis. i remember watching your sheik vs hugs and thinking you pretty good, but that was quite a while ago. :p you're probably really good now. you main sheik?

yomedrath

Smash Apprentice
i have a question about the uair ^^
so, i play PAL, where the Uair is weakened quite a bit.... and i´m having some troubles killing jiggs with Uairs, it wont die till 130-40% , so it dies quicker if i use a fair..
is it just me, or is it due to the version?
also its quite impossible to get in an uair if the jiggs DIs away...
thanks for the help

is the uair still as usefull in PAL as it is in NTSC? (for killing)

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
you should still be able to get the uair if the jiggly di;s away, but yes in PAL sheiks uair is greatly weakened

safety second

Smash Rookie
Thank you for the update. My friend mains with luigi and it pisses me off so much. I guess I just have to be more patient. I will definately reread this guide before the tournament I am entering tomorow.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
u just avoid missles, then sweetspot. if she's hanging on the edge, you up+b onto the stage and make sure you DI up, you should be able to make it back

Lit

Smash Ace
the needle section doesnt need to be posted the only thing u need to know about the needles is use them in every match that u play... and u need to know how to needle to grab..... but this is one of the best gudies i every read..... it turned my sheik from good to great......

Lit

Smash Ace
My friend wants 2 know the best way to recover against Samus w/o platforms..i dunno either but i dont use her
and yeah i forgot which way is the best to recover from the samus missles.... when off of the stage

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
make sure you don't waste your jump early when you get hit off the stage, that will limit your maneuverability. If you save your jump you can fast fall between the missles then double jump-->up+b to the ledge or to the stage, then DI the hit so you can stay on the stage and/or get back without using your up+b.

Galt

Smash Journeyman
I'm ambivalent as to the utility of guides... This one's really good, if you're already a good player. But I wonder if, in order to be able to understand your tips on spacing and such, a player doesn't need to already know it. It's a tricky idea, but it could at least help people who are having trouble with a particular matchup.

I'd like to see more in the way of character-specific strategies, because Sheik is really one of the most strategy-heavy fighters, the way I see it. Take Peach, for instance: your n-air has excellent range, and can keep you away from Peach, but if you hit her with it while she's on the ground, you have to jump out immediately, or you'll get d-smashed every time, and that's a terrible trade. Knowing to stand just at the edge of your f-tilt range against Peach and not be afraid of her, especially when she's in the air, makes a HUGE difference. When I finally figured out what I was doing in that match, I literally tripled my effectivity. Things like that.

I'd also like to get into a very detailed discussion about strats for fighting Falco, because I think that's one of the most difficult matches for Sheiks to learn. But that takes lots of time/space.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i see what you mean, but the overall point of my guide isn't to completely shape people's styles. i'm one for helping, and helping people along with character specific advice, tips, and tricks, but if everybody plays exactly the same, what fun is that (plus, people will instantly learn to counter it.)

To each his own as far as individual style goes, but the tips I give are pretty much just to be INCORPORATED into one's game, not to BECOME one's game.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Nice job with the other character match ups, Plank. I wish rep hadn't been taken away so you could have finished this like 3 months ago, lol.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
u be quiet drephen, u dont even know sheik.

ur sheik is sooooo bad, i bet u cant even beat good ppl like chz1 or manacloud.

but seriously ppl just call it the shino stall because he's the one who made it famous (kinda). Wobbling was used before Wobbles but since Wobbles implemented it into and eventually (based his game around) it, it's called Wobbles.

@sheik the geek: to shine stall you just hit down to drop off the ledge (or back) and immediately hit up+b, then u hit down again to teleport down and you have to release it at the right time so u dont fall to ur doom.

to needle-->grab you have to release the needles right before you hit the ground. aka, if you have 5 needles stored up, only the last one will hit to needle-->grab efficiently.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i went to a friends house today fort a fest but i only got 2 matches in on the recorded tvs, but ill hav ethose up within the next 2 or 3 days

tw0 side

Smash Apprentice
Thanks, this guide helped alot. I have decided to main sheik now, because too many people I play with use Marth, my old main, or Roy. So once again, thanks.

gkrackerr

Smash Ace
thanks for the guide, helped out quite a bit actually, now off to go **** my friends samus.......

and also, just saw your ic match, very nice sheik, very nice sheik indeed

btw... did u turn around while doing the needle charge, because i saw you jump, needle charge, then ledge grab somehow. Just wondering.......

Top Bottom