• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Plairnkk's Guide to playing Sheik! Icies vid up 3/23/07

The Newb

Smash Ace
**** I lose my internet for a month or so and when I come back I find they broken up the Sheik and Zelda forum...Anyways Plank I'm sorry I didn't post sooner

I hope we can play again sometime like we did at the EGL.

...by the way The_Newb Plank doesn't suck.
All dis ***** do is grab!.

Srsly, plank = bad. That's why he beats my Marth daily...>>

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i hate u tope. that was the low point of my smash career. it made me realize things and ive stepped it up since then. :p tourney nerves arent **** now.

and yeah tristan hopefully we can play again sometime :D

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
I can't really talk, I've lost to Redd, Inui, and Vist in that order.

All good, but I feel like I shouldn't have lost either.

YoungGeorge

Smash Rookie
Wow-as a n00b to the works of Sheik thi is really handy-just Can i have some help for beating yoshi as my sister always beats me when she uses Yoshi :-(

±wì§+ë®

Smash Journeyman
Wow-as a n00b to the works of Sheik thi is really handy-just Can i have some help for beating yoshi as my sister always beats me when she uses Yoshi :-(
Geez man, I'd flame you but...I mean I just, feel kinda bad. ;/ Just...just fair or...downsmash, are you sure you aren't...like playing with the controller unplugged or something?

darkatma

Smash Hero
Geez man, I'd flame you but...I mean I just, feel kinda bad. ;/ Just...just fair or...downsmash, are you sure you aren't...like playing with the controller unplugged or something?
Hey... without chaingrab some yoshis actually present a challenge. Look at CJ vs Svampen's yoshi matches (granted, his yoshi is crazy, but with enough skill [difference] yoshis beat sheiks :p)

±wì§+ë®

Smash Journeyman
Hey... without chaingrab some yoshis actually present a challenge. Look at CJ vs Svampen's yoshi matches (granted, his yoshi is crazy, but with enough skill [difference] yoshis beat sheiks :p)
Are you attempting to justify losing to your sister by the hands of a Yoshi?

Banksya

Smash Ace
If someone is a certain amount better than you, they can beat you with anything really. If his sister is better, then she will beat him with yoshi. I'm fairly sure there are yoshis in existence that could beat all of you.

Sheik_the_Geek

Smash Journeyman
If someone is a certain amount better than you, they can beat you with anything really. If his sister is better, then she will beat him with yoshi. I'm fairly sure there are yoshis in existence that could beat all of you.
Well thats just basic logic and holds true for just about anything. I dont think anyone is actually denying that logic.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i am willing to take you up on that offer. :p

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Ahh isn't it a nice feeling when you notice that you have improved?
I'm finally able to use wave landing effectively in combat and I think it has drastically improve my mind games and over all offensive.

brickman

Smash Lord
Hell of a good guide. I had been having some problems against C. Falcon, but your guide helped a little in that department. As far as your videos, I like your play style it is very quick and technical to a funny point.

darkatma

Smash Hero
The advice is wonderful, i'm just still having problems with the applications of the fox and falco tactics

I can somewhat tech-chase them now with dsmash,usmash, and grab and dash attack

My problems with fox still lie in his uair chains...
Is there a way to practice getting out of those uairs? Because easy as everyone makes it sound to smash DI out of the uthrow uair, it seems even people like drephen had problems with it.

And not just from grabs either. I get chained by a starting shffled uair, followed by more full hop and double jumped uairs. lameness.

And falcos.. blegh
Maybe i should get some good footage of a falco ****** my sheik so ppl can help me with it.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
as far as uair chains go. all you can do is PRACTICE the smash DI. i can only get it like 2/5 times. it's tough timing, but worth it. it's hard and is definitely one of the reasons fox has an advantage on sheik.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Darkatma, try dashdancing really fast in the air as soon as you predict a fox is going to uair you (like if the fox uthrows you). Although it doesn't work every time it does work. I can't time the hit analog stick one way then the opposite. Maybe if I practiced it more... dash dancing really fast works. Just try it out and lemme know how it works for you. I hope this advice helps. ^^

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I can't wait for the Ness section to get up so I can um... improve my Sheik against this really hard ness that my friend uses.

darkatma

Smash Hero
Darkatma, try dashdancing really fast in the air as soon as you predict a fox is going to uair you (like if the fox uthrows you). Although it doesn't work every time it does work. I can't time the hit analog stick one way then the opposite. Maybe if I practiced it more... dash dancing really fast works. Just try it out and lemme know how it works for you. I hope this advice helps. ^^
alright i'll give this a try this weekend :p Hope it works at least some of the time

goateeguy

Smash Ace
for all this time, i thought chaingrabbing involved somehow disabling the person with sheiks side b and dashing in and grabbing or something like that. I suddenlyn realize how stupid my assumption was. Thank you for teaching me on a day that the schools are closed!

brickman

Smash Lord
Quick question for everyone, is anyone opposed to the idea of a down throw into a neutral jab on fox/falco at 40%-80%. It resets them so they can not tech and you can grab them pretty much instantly again, unless they shine. Although I suppose a decent alternative would be at 70%-100% downsmash right?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
don't play computers so much. that stuff only works if they dont DI/dont tech

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
no, you have to di the shine and try to tech when you hit the ground (if you hit the ground) However a flawless falco isnt even going to let you do that until like 60%++

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
^^ Not really. :( But usually falcos aren't perfect with pillaring so you can try di'ing away and nairing out of it (I've pulled this off I think...against my friend). Also, if a Falco starts to pillar your sheild just roll away... it usually works, I haven't tried it on a pro, but I've tried it on my friend and he's pretty good.

goateeguy

Smash Ace
one of the advantages to being as bad as i am is that no one tries to pillar because they couldn't get it right if Ken was teaching them exclusively how to do it. No offense to them, (i dont play falco, so i dont even know if i can either) but thats the truth.

goateeguy

Smash Ace
Plairnkk, what is the significance of ur name? Does it mean something in a different language? Is it just some word u made up? Oh no!! A double post! I didn't realize that i was the last person to have posted! Oh, blubbernuggets!!!!!

darkatma

Smash Hero
yay thank you tope for the sticky. this encourages me to stop being a ***** and slacking off, i will update this within the next few days for sure with the rest the char matchups. XD

i also have my recording stuff WORKING!! so i can get needle stuff on here and such
*cough*;) ;) *cough*

Also: @ SPAWN: someone who is perfect with the pillar won't let you escape. You won't be able to roll. (I've had experience with this vs zhu :p)

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
...Yeah, most of the time you aren't able to escape. If you're playing someone who's not that good, then you can usually since they let you hit the ground etc...you're pretty much ****ed in the *** there.

Also, darkatma... did you try dash dancing in the air really fast against a fox when he uthrows>uairs you?

Ares726

Smash Ace
When you do your next update can you add the Ganon matchup and possibly the Needle section? I don't play against Ganon very much so I don't know that matchup, and I really want to see what you have to say about needles.

darkatma

Smash Hero
...Yeah, most of the time you aren't able to escape. If you're playing someone who's not that good, then you can usually since they let you hit the ground etc...you're pretty much ****ed in the *** there.

Also, darkatma... did you try dash dancing in the air really fast against a fox when he uthrows>uairs you?
nope, havent had the chance ><

Top Bottom