• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Plairnkk's Guide to playing Sheik! Icies vid up 3/23/07

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
The tough thing about the Samus / Peach / other "rogue" matches is not necessarily that the characters **** you, but it's just that it takes a while -- well, it takes non-pros a while -- to program themselves to fight a character a certain way, and if you only get to play these rogue characters every now and then, or at tournies, it's more difficult. But yeah, I'll definitely apply teh advice.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Yeah its tough, i just try to give little tips of advice for each matchup. That's my goal, not to mold someones entire playstyle

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Plairnkk, you're doing a wicked good job. I wish you had made this earlier so I wouldn't have had to suffer all those random tippers from Marth when he grabbed me and threw me. Keep up the good work. :)

darkatma

Smash Hero
Plairnkk, you're doing a wicked good job. I wish you had made this earlier so I wouldn't have had to suffer all those random tippers from Marth when he grabbed me and threw me. Keep up the good work. :)
=] i was right plairnkk:laugh: grab-fsmash owns people who don't know the proper DI
Thanx for updating very quickly yesterday after i requested tho =] awesomeness
This guide's the most comprehensive character guide on the boards

edit: spelling error..

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
=] i was right plairnkk:laugh: grab-fsmash owns people who don't know the proper DI
Thanx for updating very quickly yesterday after i requested tho =] awesomeness
This guide's the most comprehensive character guide on the boards

edit: spelling error..
of course man, i'm always willing to add in silly stuff i miss out.

im having a friend come over today to see if we can get my vcr working correctly. as it stands i'm having issues. i'm gonna go buy some vcr-->computer uploading software today as well. :D

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
of course man, i'm always willing to add in silly stuff i miss out.

im having a friend come over today to see if we can get my vcr working correctly. as it stands i'm having issues. i'm gonna go buy some vcr-->computer uploading software today as well. :D
All this for some strangers who suck with Sheik. >3

+rep

±wì§+ë®

Smash Journeyman
All this for some strangers who suck with Sheik. >3

+rep
Ya. Plair's doing a good job of getting Shiek back on the map since every other character is obviously over powered and broken. My God, have you seen that Pichu. What kind of character can damage himself and other enemies in the same move...Pure genius, Nintendo.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Ya. Plair's doing a good job of getting Shiek back on the map since every other character is obviously over powered and broken. My God, have you seen that Pichu. What kind of character can damage himself and other enemies in the same move...Pure genius, Nintendo.
How many pros main Sheik again?

How many tournies does Sheik win again?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
no luck with getting the vcr working :( but im still gonna try to buy the software today. i think the tv my wii is connected to doesnt have the right cables to connect the vcr to it. gonna mess around wiht a new tv tonight and try to figure stuff out

TomH

Smash Journeyman
"Be careful off the edge and jump into their missles/blasters"

i think a "not" or someting is missing in there, it seems to be telling me that i should try to jump into samus missles >.>

other than that, uber helpful on samus (my main enemy)

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
fixed that tomh re-read it and double check ;) and i updated with 2 new matchups!!

thx for the rep everyone i love those little green squares XD

Link-NY

Smash Ace
Hey Plankerr i was wondering if u can add what stages to pick and what stages to avoid for each character match up? XD +rep btw XD~~~

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
sweet plan. i'll do that for each character when i get a chance, later tonight probably. :D

edit: after thinking this over, i don't want to do this. This is mainly because different stages compliment people differently depending on their style. You should pick what you feel most comfortable at or like the most, most of the time.

For example against peach, Yoshis story is usually a great level. It has a low ceiling so you can kill her up easily with a uair, and small sides so an Fair can kill.

However, if it's a very turnip campy peach, levels like dreamland and battlefield are good because you can avoid her turnips easily by staying high on the platforms since the levels are so good.

If you can get chaingrabbed by a certain character avoid FD, and pick FOD if you liek it. Low platforms can save you. Sheik isn't hurt or benefitted too much by stages, so just pick what you like.

if you have a specific question just ask me here and i'll answer.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Is it true Sheik benefits greatly by platforms like on Battlefield, such as with wave landing into needles? Do you utilize them?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i love platforms with sheik' they're great for continuing combos and Uair through platform or dair tech chase on platform combos. I also waveland off platforms into needle-->grabs or into l cancelled aerials. Very useful and tricky, imo. Sheik can get predictable so any platform game that can be used to switch things up is helpful

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
um lol it shouldnt really matter. anything neutral is good. fountain of dreams/dreamland are my best choices, or fd if u wanna chaingrab

oh, and i bought the hardware to upload vcrs to the cpu and i got a vcr so i will be getting stuff up shortly once i figure out how it all works!

Link-NY

Smash Ace
Lol theres really no need to chaingrab pichu with shiek. Any shiek that resorts to chain grabbing a pichu must really be a horrendous player

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
theres really good pichus out there :)
chu's pichu *****
yeah, it ***** but i usually 2 stock it every match.

and it's chu.

pichu sucks.

i cant figure out how to get this **** software to work. blah

Ares726

Smash Ace
I don't know what the problem is or anything, but (depending on your setup) you might find your answer (or an alternative way to do it) here.

Awesome guide. I'm looking forward to the remaining match-ups, but most of all I'm excited about the needles section. You seem to really understand the potential of Sheik's needles, so I'm looking forward to seeing that come out in that section. Keep up the good work.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
yeah needles are good, i just dont want to do that section without video.. :/

i looked at that thread, i may try that. right now im using a program (dazzle) i bought at best buy for $50 so maybe i can return it.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
indeed im still working on this recording stuff x.X

ill be in NY for the next week though, so not much will get done probably (unless my girlfriend has to go to the library or some **** for school)

darkatma

Smash Hero
yeah needles are good, i just dont want to do that section without video.. :/

i looked at that thread, i may try that. right now im using a program (dazzle) i bought at best buy for $50 so maybe i can return it.
What sort of needle stuff do you need? If it's simple like reverse needling or reverse needle cancel to edgeguard, then i can easily capture that for you.
Right now i think i can do..

Reverse needling
Needle canceling to grab (the one where you shoot a needle from jump and immediately grab upon landing)
needle storing (that's easy)

And if you want me to try to find out the right height for 1-6 needles to cancel them perfectly i might be able to do that

Or we can all wait:p because i wanna hear what other sorta needling tactics there are :p

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
How about a small general strategy vs Kirby? I know, sounds like a joke, but I played a really good Kirby today and it's difficult if you don't know what you're doing -- which I didn't. I basically just tried to needle spam and spam tilts, mainly dtilt

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I'm going to pick up Shiek and I find this guide mildly useful. I wish it were finished. Why didn't you mention anything about dash attack? Do we hate dash attack? Also, what about jump cancelling. Do we not like jump cancelling?

Ares726

Smash Ace
If you get a chance would you add the Ganon and Young Link matchups? I have a friend who plays a camp-heavy Young Link, and I have trouble getting around the projectiles without getting hit unless there are plenty of platforms. Ganon doesn't give me too much trouble, but his uair is sometimes hard to get around.

Thanks man. Keep up the good work.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I'm sorry Plairnkk... I can't +rep you anymore. >_< IVesticle is Saturday, and I'll see you there. Can we have some friendlies please?

You're doing an excellent job on the guide... that's what I'm going to replace +repping you with... not as good... but not terrible either.

TomH

Smash Journeyman
". Be careful off the edge and BE CAREFUL NOT TO (tomH is a beast) jump into their missles/blasters. Not all the DI will save you from a blaster hit if you're off the edge. "

<3 + non existant rep

By the way, a video of power shielding samus missles would kick ***. I tried it, cant get the timing down... didnt even do it once.

Top Bottom