• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu Tournament Results (UPDATED!: 4/24/11)

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
I know what it means, but only because of Metal Gear. I can't hear that word without thinking about Snake saying it anymore.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
ZSS isn''t good on RC, but she isn't bad on RC. You can't say Brood "Basically won" because he lost. Time-outs are legit as **** on RC.

So yeah, I would've gone Pika on his G&W on RC. I beat it twice in a 5$ MM at WHOBO3. I 3 stocked his G&W in a MM with ICs on SV the day before.

linkisthebest123

Smash Journeyman
My point is, the only reason m2k won was because of a time out. He didn't get any gay gimps or anything because its rc. I know time outs are legit, etc. etc. But its not like rc gayed him in the way people THINK it would. (I.e. he gets gimped because there are like "4" ledges")

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
But why were you "countering" that to begin with? I was asking a legitimate question, hence the little question marks at the end of those sentences. I have never seen an Olimar nor a Zamus play on RC, so I was merely asking if the lack of ledges would pose a problem. I certainly didn't say anything about THINKING that it should or would mess them up, I don't know enough to THINK about anything yet.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
ZSS has an amazing DJ, coupled with the ability to make it go higher by up-b'ing, and a down-b. Yes she can get ****ed over (And when you watch the set that will go up of me vs Nick Riddle eventually, he does), but she isn't bad.

Roller

Smash Legend
I didn't get a bye.

Neither did BlueZebra.

EDIT: Also. I got timed out by Mario with ICs, after 3 stocking him game 1. So much salt. Not gonna lie though, I played like absolute *** here. I've never felt worse about my playing. :(

I thought ~2 weeks without playing wouldn't be too big a deal. I was wrong.

Roller

Smash Legend
I still have no idea what you are saying, PZ. lol, but I think you meant the second sentence to be a question. To which I would respond with, I can play pika the same after pretty much any amoount of break period. (I have gone 8 months before) However, the fact that you need to be able to remember the timing for not only chaingrabbing each character, (Virtually all of which have different timing/spacing required to cg.) but also the timing of the inputs for multiple desynchs which in multiple cases have a narrow frame window to time. Even hyli@n was complaining that he played significantly worse than usual yesterday at his tourney after having had roughly the same breaktime as I did.

Basically, ICs are a higher "maintenance" character than pretty much any other, meaning if you don't continue to practice with them, your skill will decline. And I'm sure most people with knowledge on the subject would agree.

/rant

I'll just go back to practicing I guess..

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Got 33rd out of 120 at the same tourney. Nice meeting phoenix and roller in person. Don't be salty roller, your character is *** lol. Was great seeing nana trip twice in the same game during the cg in our MM. :awesome:

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
And it was pretty sweet meeting you too, Luckay, even though meeting is all we really did. We gotta do friendlies or something next time we meet, I wanna Pika ditto more people. :) And getting some Pit experience would be neat too, I guess.

PikaForLife

Smash Apprentice
so...i just got back from a 3day tourney and i just got all the bad luck in the world.

Pool 9
reaper ( top player in my pool plays peach)
l!nk (best IC from germany)
ZaloG (plays snake/diddy he is good)
PikaForLife (me)
Daora (a toonlink)
Gpain (didnt attend)

(top 3 will go to brax)
so i lost like 2-1 to Reaper i lost 2-0 to the IC but i just cant win that mu.. i won against that ZaloG guy 2-0 and Daora 2-0 and i didnt made it into brackets because that IC guy had same win/losses as i am but he beat me so he went brackets...

at doubles (pools) me and my dubsparter .selebu went double pika in this one. we won first 3 sets with only one set 2-1. and then we lost to a ***ing GANON AND IKE?! i mean wtf we won against these first 3 teams who mostly played hightiers and then...and after that we just lost everything so we didnt get out of doubles pools :/

anyway i played ALOT of friendlies with some top players and high level players so i dont got anything to complain the tourney was awesome <3

edit: got 47/86 at that tourney called Make Some Neuss 2

PikaForLife

Smash Apprentice
lol, oh idk why that flew over my head. probaly cause it was like 4 am
probably yeah,

anyway i got replays saved on a wii and i will ask the guy (owner of the wii) if he could upload them for me so you guys can critique me.
and i got another tourney this week so i will ask Istud who is a top player to help me with the IC MU. and i will MM Mr-R at that tourney aswell so i will save the replays and hope that you guys can help me to see what i'm doing wrong <3

Roller

Smash Legend
probably yeah,

anyway i got replays saved on a wii and i will ask the guy (owner of the wii) if he could upload them for me so you guys can critique me.
and i got another tourney this week so i will ask Istud who is a top player to help me with the IC MU. and i will MM Mr-R at that tourney aswell so i will save the replays and hope that you guys can help me to see what i'm doing wrong <3
There are very few european ICs I would say know anything. The fact you keep running into them seems unfortunate. But practice with iStudy, listen to what he has to say, then I would suggest posting at least one of the replays here, as ESAM, myself, and Tag know that matchup from both sides and may be able to give you some more insight.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Stop losing to Viviff he suuuuucks.

1st out of 10 @ ESAM's ZP Monthlies: 7/2/11 Dawn of the 2nd day, 48 hours remain

Everybody left after doubles @_@

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
7/9/2011 (Saturday)
4/9 in pools behind M2K, Awex and Pitbull.
most likely dead last/Idk @ E4J pro bracket.
5th/16 (Idrk) @ E4J amateur bracket.

7/10/2011 (Sunday)
5/20 @ Tj at war Clasico

I got great practice and grinded off A LOT of rust this past weekend. I feel good for Genesis but not at my best form possible.

linkisthebest123

Smash Journeyman
Esam got 9th. Hes bad and went icers against zex's mk last game. =\

Oh well. He did work lmao. I think I got 49th cuz I got 4th seed in 2nd round pools, and top 48 made it into bracket. Z sadly got 4th seed too =\

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
The right word is bad.

Scrubs.

So yeah, Brick and Z are OK. Z is clearly better, and I think both Lamb and Captain L are better than them. However...the gap between me and all of those players is....still way too big. Get better guys...cmon. Play more and get smarter, becuase that is the only difference between us.

Top Bottom