• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu Tournament Results (UPDATED!: 4/24/11)

Nordal

Smash Lord
I never realized beating a wolf with pika was an accomplishment.

I also didn't realize beating jamntoast was an accomplishment either, since I 2 stocked him at my 2nd tournament ever. My first oos one.

ohand @trevonte. IDK if your considering our mm a victory or not, but don't. Because I full heartedly felt like I was gonna quit the game when I started the mm against you. I didn't wanna play at all, as you probably realized when I quit after the first match. Our next mm will be much closer lmao.
But you challenged him.... I was the person standing next to him. He said hello, you said in a very pissed off voice "who are you?", he told you who he was, and you immediately challenged him to a MM. He then proceeded (in smash) to bend you over and change your name to Nancy.

You guys are so cute, arguing who is the almost good one out of all of you. So adorable :3
It's so true xD
When I eventually get footage again help me get better please (I can at least accept that I'm currently very bad).

i just want to know why u accepted it in the first place if you felt that way lol
We wouldn't want to be logical would we?

linkisthebest123

Smash Journeyman
I only challenged him to a mm because we had a mm challenge going for the last 6 months or so. I was pissed off. Not at him though. It was my own fault I played so badly, but I sure as hell didn't play at my best. So yeah, he ***** my pika in 1 game, where I was pissed off at everything, and playing like ****. Good stuff to him. I still gave him 5 dollars and just quit right then.

And he asked me to money match at the tournament, I said okay. Not the other way around. Also Nordal, I wouldn't talk about making bend over and changing my name to nancy. When, if I recall correctly, you didn't make it out of first round pools AND you got ***** by someone I go even with (asadelta). Trevonte seemed cool. I have no hate for him any longer, as he is good. But he should understand that I wasn't playing near my best. If he thinks I was, he'll be in for a surprise next time we play lmao.

I'm done talking about this subject. I know who I'm better then, and who I'm not better then. The pika boards are in general pretty annoying and a lot of the time have no idea what they are talking about. Call me w.e you want. IRDC lmao. I can always withstand all the hate you give. It makes it so much better when I beat you/do better then you XD Peace out guys, gl at your tournies! :D

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
If you really didn't care, you wouldn't post/john so much about this stuff. Juuuust pointing that out. =X

I loved reading it tho, so thanks for the entertainment. <3

Syko_Lemming

Smash Ace
I only challenged him to a mm because we had a mm challenge going for the last 6 months or so. I was pissed off. Not at him though. It was my own fault I played so badly, but I sure as hell didn't play at my best. So yeah, he ***** my pika in 1 game, where I was pissed off at everything, and playing like ****. Good stuff to him. I still gave him 5 dollars and just quit right then.

And he asked me to money match at the tournament, I said okay. Not the other way around. Also Nordal, I wouldn't talk about making bend over and changing my name to nancy. When, if I recall correctly, you didn't make it out of first round pools AND you got ***** by someone I go even with (asadelta). Trevonte seemed cool. I have no hate for him any longer, as he is good. But he should understand that I wasn't playing near my best. If he thinks I was, he'll be in for a surprise next time we play lmao.

I'm done talking about this subject. I know who I'm better then, and who I'm not better then. The pika boards are in general pretty annoying and a lot of the time have no idea what they are talking about. Call me w.e you want. IRDC lmao. I can always withstand all the hate you give. It makes it so much better when I beat you/do better then you XD Peace out guys, gl at your tournies! :D
But Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiink. We love you.

Asa

Smash Hero
i love brick's classic retort when someone says he got *****

"well you got ***** by someone too"

Roller

Smash Legend
Hmmm. Well then, I think since I beat Asa in our mm and Brick lost to him last tourney set... I am PR'd in OR? And so is Asa? And the order is as of yet undisclosed. But I think we are ranked ~4/5.

Asa

Smash Hero
yeah ggs roller. i freaked out so much when you platform canceled on YI lol. funny how i also lost 2-1 to cheese too. you're as good as him!

Cassio

Smash Master
Brick everyone can have their own perception of how good they are, or believe theyre better than someone else. The point is you have to prove it. Before Genesis you appeared to sit below the Canadian pikas and that matched most persons opinions (I personally thought you were better than syko at that time), and your performance at Genesis didnt seem to change this. Just keep practicing and get better for the next time you get a chance to show your improvement. Even better start beating viviff, not to be mean but I doubt anyone will consider you good until you can do that.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
Brick everyone can have their own perception of how good they are, or believe theyre better than someone else. The point is you have to prove it. Before Genesis you appeared to sit below and the Canadian pikas and that matched most persons opinions (I personally thought you were better than syko at that time), and your performance at Genesis didnt seem to change this. Just keep practicing and get better for the next time you get a chance to show your improvement. Even better start beating viviff, not to be mean but I doubt anyone will consider you good until you can do that.
this was my stance back when esam pulled the same ****. he proved it beyond a shadow of a doubt that he was the best. a lot of what you say brick doesnt match up with how you performed, and you john worse then anyone i know LOL if you really want to show us up start doing **** outside of oregon. you are better then me but as esam has said you are just ok

Nordal

Smash Lord
Why you namesearch Asa? Next time I play you I'll go pikachu (or ice climbers... </3) instead of my old Peach. She's useless to me now ;_;

Asa

Smash Hero
Why you namesearch Asa? Next time I play you I'll go pikachu (or ice climbers... </3) instead of my old Peach. She's useless to me now ;_;
lol I don't namesearch, i just love visiting the pika boards to check out the latest brick drama :p

yeah you should've gone icies or pika. can't wait for our rematch :)

man i really wanted to mm asa too D: so many things i wanted to get done that i didnt ;;
we'll meet again bro

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Actually, "Asa" is only three letters so he can't name search himself since the minimum is four characters or something like that.

GGs btw. I'm looking forward to a rematch.

Captain L

Smash Champion
asadelta can search for himself however

I also love checking out pikaboards for Brick drama. I guess I have to go to Washington again for a rematch with him.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Hey guys... I introduced myself when I picked up Pikachu a while ago, but have only occasionally lurked since... I thought I'd let you guys know how I'm doing though.

I got 2nd/33 this weekend at a local... I used a lot of characters but I used Pika the most.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=309720

I took 3 sets off of Kain (pools, WR3, and losers finals), who hasn't lost a local this year IIRC. I lost to Arty because I didn't have a character for G&W (though I probably should have just stuck with pikachu in retrospect). Anyways this was my first time placing in the top 4, so top 2 was pretty hype for me. Here are some vids:

DLA :pikachu2: vs. Kain :wolf: Winners Bracket (sorry the commentary is pretty awful in this one, just ignore it lol)

DLA :pikachu2: vs. Kain :wolf: Losers Finals

DLA :pikachu2: vs. Arty :wario: Grand Finals round 3 (watch the rest of the video if you want to see a Ganon lose to a G&W/Falco)

Let me know what you guys think... and before anyone says anything:

- I know I was doing the Wolf CG wrong... I have since learned the proper way to do it,

and

- I know I gotta stop quick attacking onto the stage to recover... I got punished for it so many times. It was more nerves than anything.

Thanks guys.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
But I live in IL... they'll break my legs if I don't agree to SV round 1 :(

Nah but I thought SV was Pika's best neutral? I think I remember you saying that in one of these threads actually... then again I may be horribly horribly wrong

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Pika's best neutral is FD. SV is good too, but not against characters you can dthrow cg since they can camp the moving platform where you can't cg. I guess that didn't matter though.

Cassio

Smash Master
Good job pikas, and nice videos.

Best neutral depends on the MU imo. vs spacies FD is the best stage to land the grab, but BF might be a better stage if you think theyre going to try and time you out or play extremely gay. This might be more true for falco than wolf, since falcos level of gay is the worst.

Also I know you said youre aware of the cg mistakes, but you know you can 0-death him with a footstool afterwards as well right?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb6azuicDSw

V probably true if you can beat him without it. But just for your reference.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
The footstool isn't that hard...practice it for 30 minutes and you will get it down (Needs to practice it for 30 minutes)

I'm not saying SV isn't a great stage for Pikachu. It is amazing for us, BUT in that particular MU the grab is the thing that helps the MU go from even to HEAVY in our favor, and since Kain is (probably) a better player than you (Or at least more accomplished) and the grab isn't that easy to get on SV if Kain wasn't being a ****** and coming down ever, you wouldn't have won.

Top Bottom