• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pika Q&A/FAQ Thread: Ask a Quick Question, Get a Quick Answer!

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Anything you do, Pikachu can counter with good predicting. Just the fact you're MK makes it hard for you since everyone knows MK and fights them often.

Abuse your range, do not space badly, MK's edge in this MU is his sword. Bair is possible with good SDI, but never seen it happen yet. (People SDI Snake's ftilt behind him so yea) Just don't get hit by thunder and you recover smartly.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
DI out of bair by going the opposite direction he is going (moving left, DI right).

Pikachu beats nado by attacking right above it, F-smash, D-smash, and Thunder. Pikachu shouldn't really be hitting you THAT much when you are recovering, maybe a T-jolt. You can recovery mid level and then jump dair to swat off anything he can do.

F-tilt and D-tilt are amazing in this match. It is a rock-paper-scissors scenario when Pikachu has to approach, so try to get in his MIIIINNNNDDDD

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Thanks Ussi and ESAM. I managed to beat that Pika player 2-0 today :D
The MU seems to be quite tricky.

GreenAce

Smash Ace
Can someone tell me if the first 2 hits of dsmash is invincible to attacks, even though there not invulnerable to grabs. I don't have wii so I can't test it.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Obv, that goes for every get up attack lol.... that's like saying he has IFs on his spotdodge.

But fine..... T2 and get up attacks and the startup frames of his ledge attacks*. :p

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Charging dsmash makes it even easier to SDI, so it's the opposite of useful, lol.

jbandrew

Smash Lord
Dsmash is actually good for anti-aerial? is it better than U tilt?

Also... is dash grab or standing grab a safer option.. which is less laggy?

also how safe exactly is pikas sheild? Is it good or bad?

Like how does it compare to someone like Diddy kong who has a ridiculous sheild?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
VERY BAD SHIELD :<

Dsmash is easier to land than utilt as an anti-aerial due to how long it lasts, but utilt leads to better follow ups and is less punishable

I think dsmash also has more range, I know for sure bigger disjoint but not sure about range... Disjoint is important when outspacing other disjoints, but to those who are not as disjointed, utilt should work fine.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Utilt is probably better because it has more range and always sends them up so you can juggle for more hits. Dsmash is just easier to hit with since it has a long lasting hitbox. Dsmash will always hit someone who is airdodging to the ground.

Standing grab is less laggy, but it's range is crap.

Pika's shield is one of the worst in the game, imo. I always get shield poked by aerials even when my shield is almost full. x.x

jbandrew

Smash Lord
yeaaa I am lol. He's mad fun. And I timed out Keitaro's Diddy with Pikachu lol. ( my first timeout ever )... and easily beat his falco sooo... yea lol def picking him up ^^.

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
If it matters at all I've also picked up Pika. :c

K Prime has been teaching Choco, though Choco doesn't know how much Choco has actually learned or to what extent Choco is able to use what Choco has learned. :I

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
It doesn't really matter much, but use Uair cause it's less laggy. Neither makes you survive longer than the other though.

Kuares

Pizza
If in a tournament(using a 9 stage starter list), a Pikachu was stage striking first against a Fox, what 3 stages would Pikachu strike?

Likewise, if a Fox first was to strike Final Destination, Pokemon Stadium 1, and Halberd. What 4 strikes would PikaChoose?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
If striking first, Pika would probably strike Delfino, SV, and Castle Siege. The platforms can make getting the grab really annoying

If you strike those 3 (FD PS1 Halberd) we would probably leave Lylat and Yoshis, or maybe Lylat and BF.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
No. Lylat messes with your recovery and fox doesn't go high enough to mess up the CG. It also gets really difficult for you to try to camp us since we can duck on the slants.

Kuares

Pizza
Fox is pretty good on BF, and there's a lot of platforms to run around and his aerials auto cancel. YI is pretty meh as far as Fox is concerned.

I was thinking Lylat would actually be an okay area for Fox since the 3 platforms give space to not get grabbed but close enough to do things and depending on the stage tilt Fox can laser a bit.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I think that the moving platform of SV would be worse than the always-there platforms of BF. The moving platform messes up CGs itself so that couldn't be good, while the BF platforms just make it more annoying to get the grab.

Rad

Smash Ace
Has anyone got some tips against Snake on Rainbow Cruise? It seems like all the ways of normally racking up damage (chaingrabs, juggles, edgeguards, off-stage harassment, even projectiles) come into play a lot differently.

Thanks. :)

Top Bottom