• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pika Q&A/FAQ Thread: Ask a Quick Question, Get a Quick Answer!

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I said earlier, my only speculations on how it happened was cause I got him JUST as he was jumping (which I don't think it was.. cause I know how Ike inside and out and know every single animation including pre-jump, but i could have missed it) or while the stage was moving down as i hit him causing him to stay still then stuck in the air as I jumped from the QAC

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
If he DI'd the QA up maybe you could've gotten him before he landed...

I wonder what the %s are for QA footstool on the ground...although its pretty much unrealistic to get in a match.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
think it might be worth seeing if its possible to punish people before they land to the ground with QAC > footstool? If anything getting people to AD QA when they are landing is punishable.

PZ

Smash Lord
think it might be worth seeing if its possible to punish people before they land to the ground with QAC > footstool? If anything getting people to AD QA when they are landing is punishable.
No but just QAC<uair<footstool cuz if you just attempt footstool they will dodge or use an attack causing you to phantom footstool or just get hit<.<

Asa

Smash Hero
i was gonna team with a pikachu for my nex tournament

how do oli/pika work in doubles?

we are both good doubles players, but we don't really know the dynamics of the team

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Uh....it seems like it would be a little strange. Both characters are light, but you could probably camp amazingly well. Kills would be easy, but team set-ups seem difficult aside from vertical hits + Thunder.

I honestly don't know how this team will do...

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
I teamed with an olimar once. Basically, he covered me from a distance while I stayed with the two in a defensive position. The pikmin did most of the work, until it came to killing, where we got near each other and did the vertical kill setups ESAM was talking about.

Asa

Smash Hero
would it be useful to put a yellow pikmin on pikachu to extend his hitboxes?

Asa

Smash Hero
for olimar usmash setups, which is better?

-dthrow
-fthrow
-simply holding the opponent

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Olimar u-smash set-ups are basically non existant. If you are going to do grab stuff, the throws don't work, and grabbing and holding only works if you
1. Space it really well, or
2. Have port priority.

Asa

Smash Hero
Uh....it seems like it would be a little strange. Both characters are light, but you could probably camp amazingly well. Kills would be easy, but team set-ups seem difficult aside from vertical hits + Thunder.

I honestly don't know how this team will do...
ya we're both light but i figure we can stock tank well, since we can keep people away nicely with our camping, both of us have good DI, and i'm excellent at whistling

ya, team setups seem hard to think of.. i figure i would try following up from a uair-nair combo (or whatever else pika may do) from pikachu with a fair to hit him back towards him , or uair, something like that

does this work?
olimar grab -> pikachu grounded thunder

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Probably, or you could f-throw it with good timing to give him a little extra damage. D-throw or U-throw to thunder works as well.

Asa

Smash Hero
so how does the port priority thing work

does the pika need to have a higher priority than the person he grabs? or higher than me?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Whoever is grabbing the other person needs to be higher than the person he is grabbing.

P4 has ultimate port priority for this
P1 has the worst.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Quick question: Ganondorf's options against Pikachu? I know he can duck under Jab and our grab.

ElNoNombreHombre

Smash Journeyman
And your down-b, and your punch... Pretty much everything else gets out prioritized/out speeded by dtilt. Hitting shield pretty much guarantees a grab.

Your best option is wifi. Your second best option is side-b, as pikachu's tech roll is really bad. Upsmash/ftilt/uair can probably cover you from direct assaults, but if the pika's camping, I'm not sure you have much say in what happens next.

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
And your down-b, and your punch... Pretty much everything else gets out prioritized/out speeded by dtilt. Hitting shield pretty much guarantees a grab.

Your best option is wifi. Your second best option is side-b, as pikachu's tech roll is really bad. Upsmash/ftilt/uair can probably cover you from direct assaults, but if the pika's camping, I'm not sure you have much say in what happens next.
This is why I love pikadude.

Rad

Smash Ace
How's Pikachu on the ledge, and how much should I prioritise landing on stage to prevent ledgetraps when I play him?

We don't have any Pikachu in my region and I've just been reading about him these past few days so I can try him out in friendlies at the next meet / tourney. I don't know much about the character really (so any random new-to-Pikachu-but-not-brawl tips are welcome).

Thanks. :)

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Why is Pikachu so good?

To answer Rad, Pikachu only gets beat at the ledge if people have options with fast big constant hitboxes (AKA tornado). Other than that...Pikachu getting back on the ledge is easy with the QA mixups or just ledgehop and air dodge back on. Uair and T-jolt also help to relieve pressure, as does thunder.

PZ

Smash Lord
Why is Pikachu so good?

To answer Rad, Pikachu only gets beat at the ledge if people have options with fast big constant hitboxes (AKA tornado). Other than that...Pikachu getting back on the ledge is easy with the QA mixups or just ledgehop and air dodge back on. Uair and T-jolt also help to relieve pressure, as does thunder.
Dont u mean fall down ledge then jump backup on stage airdodge?

I've been doing ledge drop tjolt on YI's and its just fun xD Think this is actually good?
Thats funny

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Hello there. I main MK and I got this Pikachu player around here that gives me trouble.
If you want, you can a watch a video too : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYt5onSIIZs&feature=related

So I have some random questions. How does Pikachu counter nado? How to recover smart against Pikachu?
Can I DI out of Pika's bair? And what is Pikachu's great weakness in this MU that I can abuse?

Top Bottom