• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Brawl! March 13th, 2010 (***Port Coquitlam, BC)

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Just call one something different.

Here there's like 10 smashers (in the entire 4 hour drive radius) and 2 are Chris(and Kris) so we just call one Crispy (Chris P) and the other Kris.
Solves all problems...

AJ and I just started doing this today actually. LOL
:)

Alphicans

Smash Hero
So what is BC's status on AB beatdown? Could you post in the thread so we can have the list updated (or keep it the same :()

bundtcake

Smash Ace
Just call one something different.

Here there's like 10 smashers (in the entire 4 hour drive radius) and 2 are Chris(and Kris) so we just call one Crispy (Chris P) and the other Kris.
Solves all problems...

AJ and I just started doing this today actually. LOL
:)
I've already suggested to people a few times to just call me by my last name or something, but it hasn't stuck O: And we can't just do the "Chris P" thing 'cuz we both have a last name starting with K :p

@Grimice: Then make sure you prove it ;)

LFL

Smash Journeyman
So what is BC's status on AB beatdown? Could you post in the thread so we can have the list updated (or keep it the same :()
Unfortunately I don't think BC will be able to make it :(

Sorry guys.

Asa

Smash Hero
We just call Bryan "Hawaiian Bryan". It works for us, but it's still confusing for newcomers at first. =0 Rolls right off the tongue too.

:005:
ya Hawaiian Bryan (HB) or Asa works fine with me for alternate names

LFL

Smash Journeyman
I still need someone to make me a poster for this. Get on it

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
At some point in the future I am interested in going to a tourney around here if you guys are willing to pay for my flight (or frequent flyer miles or something) and it's a big melee + brawl tourney. I know it's asking a lot but if you guys could I'd love to play every smash game here. I wanna do this everywhere at least once before I quit (since I'm quitting if/when mk gets banned)

breez

Smash Ace
At some point in the future I am interested in going to a tourney around here if you guys are willing to pay for my flight (or frequent flyer miles or something) and it's a big melee + brawl tourney. I know it's asking a lot but if you guys could I'd love to play every smash game here. I wanna do this everywhere at least once before I quit (since I'm quitting if/when mk gets banned)
You know BC loves m2k. Hell, you are the inspiration for why I play mk. However, I think asking to pay for your flight to come and win the tournament is asking a little much. We could definitely support paying a percentage or something due to the fact that you will increase the size and popularity of our tournaments - I believe that paying for you completely is a little much.

I am also open to discussion from other players of my community, so don't take this at face value.

Anyway, it was fun seeing you at TP4 and I would pretty much kill for you to come hang out in BC and see where we live. I'm pretty sure you would enjoy your time here.

Pretty **** cool you express interest - as I am sure you know we have high quality melee play here.

edit: Factoring in the melee community you have a fairly reasonable request - I will let others take it from here.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
wtf

Our Brawl community is still pretty small, but we're trying to spread word to other nearby regions to spread interest. We've got a few from Alberta coming to this one (i.e. Superboom) and with any luck, we might catch the eye of some WA players. As for Melee, there is a strong community here, so you'll be more likely to find a large Melee tourney in BC at this point than a large Brawl one, to be honest. For more info on tourneys with both games (or rather, all 3), I'd suggest contacting unityole in this thread.

:005:

HNG

Smash Journeyman
O sweet, It'd be so cool if M2K could come to this tournament :D

I could learn a few things from him :)

Grimice

Smash Apprentice
ya be sweet if you could make it down to British Columbia M2K, id love the chance to play ya, since i couldnt make it to pound4 due to my girlfriends grandparents being in the hospital, we where in the same pools for P4 but like i said unfortunately i couldn't make it to Maryland.

smash mash

Smash Apprentice
Oh snap M2K wanna come to B.C for smash, that would be pretty sweet...i would def like to play you at least once...before i stop playing smash as well...although i am not that good at melee...but i am pretty decent at brawl...

breez

Smash Ace
Oh snap M2K wanna come to B.C for smash, that would be pretty sweet...i would def like to play you at least once...before i stop playing smash as well...although i am not that good at melee...but i am pretty decent at brawl...
You should see my claw grip sickness, my MK in the air is about 100x better now.

HNG

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone here wanna be my partner for dubs if you dont have one already?

I'll probably be going =/

Clouderz

Smash Ace
ohshi- HNG should team with Clouderz O:

it'd be the way too good little kid team O:!!
im teaming with zezima for this one, or mayb tiep if hes coming? sorry to break your too good little kid team thing:bee:

bundtcake you talk as if i suck :(

HNG

Smash Journeyman
lololol, two little kid team thing... xD

Well if anyone wants to be my partner just Post :3

smash mash

Smash Apprentice
haha i think that would be pretty awesome!! haha imagine they would actually **** and win...that **** would be legit!!

bundtcake

Smash Ace
im teaming with zezima for this one, or mayb tiep if hes coming? sorry to break your too good little kid team thing:bee:

bundtcake you talk as if i suck :(
wut? I said you are both little kids and you are both way too good

how is this talking as if you suck D:

breez

Smash Ace
Clouderz and HNG would be too legit - either way HNG I am sure you will find someone good to team with :)

nice, hey we should play, wtf we havnt played in like 3 weeks now!?
I know dude! Work has finally slowed down - and I am having people over on monday! You should definitely come - otherwise we should just hang out after work sometime!

bundtcake

Smash Ace
100$ MM me at Jacks tourney on the 28th then, kids are easy to beat amirite:laugh::laugh::laugh:
So greedyyyyy, you already have a Jiggs vs Mario money match at Phoenix with me! :p

And I never said anything about little kids being easy to beat; I don't think I could ever beat Weruop

Top Bottom