• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Brawl 6 (Important Venue Change! Details inside)

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
1 and 2 are valid points.

I'll still play you. And lose to you. In 64. :awesome:

My one rule is that if I absolutely must give up Yoshi, that I get to use Luigi.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
DK is the only alternative to Yoshi in Mario Party.

No one else matters.

Captain L

Smash Champion
as much as 64, brawl minus, and mario party sound amazing, you don't think you'll want just a little brawl practice?

Assuming you stay at my house again the saturday night, we can do all of the non-brawl stuff then.

In other news, although I have a car I can only drive one person due to having an N. I'm also (99% sure) going to be picking up michael and taking him to the tournament, so even if I broke the rules or let Rob drive there would still be 6 people and a 5 person car.
In short, can you guys take public transit from my house to home video? It's not too long I'm pretty sure (not that I've ever taken transit).

I also happen to be a yoshi player in mario party, but if I don't get him then luigi is my next choice.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
as much as 64, brawl minus, and mario party sound amazing, you don't think you'll want just a little brawl practice?

To be honest, not really. I've noticed the less brawl I play the few days before the tournament, the more likely I will take the tournament seriously. Me and Caiden played lots of Mario Kart Wii the night before the Victoria tournament last Saturday, and I took it seriously until I faced Defender.

So... yeah. I'll play brawl for a bit, but... yeah.

In other news, although I have a car I can only drive one person due to having an N. I'm also (99% sure) going to be picking up michael and taking him to the tournament, so even if I broke the rules or let Rob drive there would still be 6 people and a 5 person car.
In short, can you guys take public transit from my house to home video? It's not too long I'm pretty sure (not that I've ever taken transit).

I'll drive. Caiden can walk ;)

I also happen to be a yoshi player in mario party, but if I don't get him then luigi is my next choice.

Smash 64 Yoshi only FFA, winner gets Yoshi.

Watch someone who doesn't want Yoshi win the right to use him :p

Also, just making sure, my #3 on my other post was a joke (essentially quoting Kyle for teh lulz), so don't take it seriously.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I used to use Yoshi, until I realized that he's a huge **** and is literally used by everyone.
Luigi is the only one for me.

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
To be honest, not really. I've noticed the less brawl I play the few days before the tournament, the more likely I will take the tournament seriously. Me and Caiden played lots of Mario Kart Wii the night before the Victoria tournament last Saturday, and I took it seriously until I faced Defender.
^ This.

Last time I came down to BC I just played 64 with evan lol.

KillLock

Smash Lord
i love how every opportunity blueyoshi gets he has to mention that he didn't take defender seriously LOL

sounds like saltttttttt

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Ask Defender himself lol. Either that or watch the vids whenever they end up getting uploaded :p

The only game I took 100% serious against him was a Bowser vs Puff (game 2 1st set) which I lost (came down to the wire). Aside from that I was either trying to do stupid stuff, or just doing stupid stuff :p

_GrapE_

Smash Lord
Yes, Tehblock, I still play PT. Not like, seriously, but I do play him.

Edit: I'd be fine if I had to take transit from Landon's to the venue and everybody else went by car. No biggie.

Editedit: Rob and I also dominated home run contest while I was there. Double Charizard hittin' them runs.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
What Caiden said.

Edit: I meant in his editedit. Depending on how far the venue is, we could always also make two trips by car to the venue if Landon is up for it (e.g. I drive us there, Landon and I return so Landon can give me directions, then we go back with the last group).

_GrapE_

Smash Lord
If only one person has to be left behind and Landon is able to take one person with him, wouldn't it make more sense for just Landon to come back for the last person...

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
We ***** those UK nubs so hard

also get @ my spacing

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
jk my PT won

Yeah they were fun games lol, 5am came out of nowhere

TOURNEY HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Arcansi

Smash Champion
How much would you guys be cool with testing at one tournament (not that two testing rules should ever conflict, obviously).

Note that these would all likely be small changes.

Not going to argue this as it's all opinion/tolerance level.

-_-

EDIT: Not at this one.

Captain L

Smash Champion
it's a 20 minute drive from my house to the venue :p

As far as closeness to the venue goes combined with speed of transportation (aka having a car and not having to bus), I am probably one of the closest people in the community. What would probably make the most sense would be me driving all of you guys, then coming back and picking up Mike. Or just get him to find a ride somehow.

and by "me driving all of you guys" I mean rob driving you all in my car.

The N rules are ridiculous

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Just leave your N off.

My buddies do it all the time.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Just leave your N off.

My buddies do it all the time.
This. I did this all the time as well back when I was an N.

Be careful though, since the car insurance isn't in Rob's name, there won't be any insurance coverage if something happens.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
I meant more in general.

Rob might as well drive everyone to the venue on the 24th, he has his license LOL.

edit - ninja'd

Captain L

Smash Champion
oh yeah I forgot about insurance and how it's in my name or whatever...

which makes it just as illegal for rob to drive the car as it does for me to drive a full car

all my friends also drive without their Ns all the time, and they never get caught, but I'm scurred...

Arcansi

Smash Champion
oh yeah I forgot about insurance and how it's in my name or whatever...

which makes it just as illegal for rob to drive the car as it does for me to drive a full car

all my friends also drive without their Ns all the time, and they never get caught, but I'm scurred...
The greatest risk is not to take risk.

Captain L

Smash Champion
the greatest risk is a 100+ dollar fine for no N

actually that's not even the greatest risk.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
It's not illegal to have Rob drive, and chances are nothing will happen. But yeah just drive a little slower and you'll be fine.

Taking off your N for the first time's a little scary, but after that it's nothing. :p

Top Bottom