• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Brawl 6 (Important Venue Change! Details inside)

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
And as a way of asking you how you've been, or as a way of asking what your plans are for the day, or as a way of asking when you're going home, or as a way of asking when you want to meet up again.

:005:

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
and he'll say he plays Melee so he's good.

Took a long *** break from smash. Asa got me mad hyped again though, so MMs. MMs everywhere.

If Home Video's our venue I can potentially house, but I won't know until near-tourney. I'll have to wait and see but I'd be able to house pretty much anyone.

Edit - lolninja'd.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
jk

Cause i'm not confirmed yet. My schedule is stupid ******** sometimes so I won't know anything 100% till a bit into September. Seems like we got most of it covered right now anyways lol.

∫unk

Smash Master
it'd probably be easier for us to stay the night before and maybe the night of the tournament? i think the plan would be to leave sunday morning

more time to play vs us :)

Kantrip

Kantplay
smashfest hosted at the winner's house!

And if we're doing elimination pools, it will be my lifelong goal to make it out of them.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
This is sounding to have a lot of talent coming.... Like if all of those washington players come, this is gonna be a tough *** bracket.

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
in bc we have a player named "deap" (daniel ernesto alwaysjohns pantoja), who mms hella. like he'll ask for a mm as a way of greeting you in the morning.
HAHAHAHAH :awesome:

im gonna be in vancouver on jan. Be ready for some MMs;)

∫unk

Smash Master
prolly good cause that was my first tournament back in a long time haha

i did a lot better last time hopefully i keep improving ^^

are you going to the upcoming gc?

Tin Man

Smash Hero
personally i'm against pool cutoffs unless we're running an amateur bracket as well
That's not the way we look at pools around here.

Just a suggestion. I figure if pools aren't gonna eliminate nobody, don't do em, cause they'll just us up too much time :/. Amateur bracket can fit in easily since theres different players in pro and amateur.

Speaking of MM's, Tin Man, another Olimar player wants me to MM you, you game?
Yeah dawg. Which Olimar btw lol?

:D

[collapse=LOL]
[/collapse]
jk
[collapse=xD]

[/collapse]
Ya'll n**'s make me :rotfl:

inb4 tin man smuggles ally to bc
Should I try lol?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Lol Tinman.... Pools are for more than just eliminating people. Not doing pools at this tournament would be really dumb.

Captain L

Smash Champion
I am definitely up for bringing a smash 64 setup.

Apparently my controllers suck (more than usual) though...

Drake12

Smash Ace
I just put 2 and 2 together!! Isn't breez the retardo good ROB/everyone main who's #1 in your community?! Hey, you guys have a PR don't ya??

ƸArcher¤AngelusƷ

Smash Apprentice
Actually I'm calling you out to prove a point to Dabuz lol =p

@Drake, right letter, wrong person. You're thinking of the other B

:phone:

Asa

Smash Hero
I just put 2 and 2 together!! Isn't breez the retardo good ROB/everyone main who's #1 in your community?! Hey, you guys have a PR don't ya??
how is that putting 2 and 2 together lol..

the rob main is bundtcake

breez is some mk

Crisis

Smash Ace
sick! that's awesome! no one else i know in the pacnw reads one piece :( the newest chapter was pretty ballin~
I read OP :)

Regarding the venue, I really don't feel comfortable moving this to another venue simply because of the TV situation. For anybody outside of the BC community who doesn't know, we are very reliant on transit because a large chunk of us are either underage or are university students who just don't drive. Having to move TVs is a huge hassle for this reason, and at Home Video, we don't have to worry about it. If we did this anywhere else, we'd be lucky to get half as many set-ups, which would of course double the amount of time everything would take. That more than makes up for the fact that the current venue closes at 10:00.

How do the melee guys get setup? o_o

Also this is really hyped, but people in BC actually need to show, since the numbers never match the actual attendance.

SKidd

Smash Master
Breez, teach Brianna to play smash.

Also PR update after this tourney?

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Lol Tinman.... Pools are for more than just eliminating people. Not doing pools at this tournament would be really dumb.
I hear that bro. Anyways, I'm just making suggestions to Firefly. Ya'll can do w/e you think is best. When I get this attendance, this is how I roll with it. Just tryin to help dawg.

Actually I'm calling you out to prove a point to Dabuz lol =p

:phone:
What point lmao?

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Close. Breez is our MK, who's probably #2 here. Our PR is horrendously outdated. =/

How do the melee guys get setup? o_o
With half the set-ups we'll have at Home Video.

tourny wins for asa:
looooooooooooooool. Too bad it isn't true. :awesome:

And Tin Man, we traditionally just use pools for seeding and to give people more matches. We avoid elimination pools, and haven't had to use them yet. I'm aware that it'll save time, and I'll do it if necessary.

I had to type this twice because I closed the window with a keyboard shortcut I didn't know I had. =/

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I hope yall update your PR if you have a tourney between now and this. Would help a ton with seeding.

Glad to hear my suggestion was listened to. Do what u must Firefly.

Asa

Smash Hero
new PR

bundtcake
breez
L
firefly
Sz
SKidd
Feint
Crisis
Blueyoshi