• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Brawl 6 (Important Venue Change! Details inside)

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
How would people (especially those travelling) feel about making this a 2-day event? Not only would it comfortably give us room to finish Doubles, Singles, and Pools, but it would also likely give us time for a side event. For the schedule, I'd probably do something like the following:

Day 1
Doubles
Singles pools
Amateur bracket?

Day 2
Side event
Pro bracket

Thoughts? Concerns? This is by no means confirmed at this point, just kinda thinking out loud here.

:005:

_GrapE_

Smash Lord
Would amateur bracket be like, people who didn't make it out of pools, and pro would be people that did?
And if it's two days, couldn't we do more than just one side event?

T-block

B2B TST
I don't see a need to cut people from pools when attendance is around 30, especially if you're going to stretch it over two days.

Two days sounds like it might be good, but you should explicitly ask all OoP groups to make sure they're still okay with it. Either way, decide quickly so people can get their travel plans in order x.x

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Would amateur bracket be like, people who didn't make it out of pools, and pro would be people that did?
And if it's two days, couldn't we do more than just one side event?
Yes, that's the gist of it. And two side events would be a possibility, but it's hard to say for sure ATM.

I don't see a need to cut people from pools when attendance is around 30, especially if you're going to stretch it over two days.
That's true, but if OoP attendance continues to grow, it may wind up working better that way. It also seems to me that separating Pools and a single large bracket would result in a number of no-shows for the 2nd day, though that's purely speculation on my part.

Two days sounds like it might be good, but you should explicitly ask all OoP groups to make sure they're still okay with it. Either way, decide quickly so people can get their travel plans in order x.x
Yes, I will. I've got time tonight to ask around, so I'll try to get an answer to that soon. I'll also need local help getting TVs if we do decide to do a venue switch.

:005:

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Depends on da prices of dem flights for moi. That & my school schedule (not confirmed atm). I also wanna do pools :ohwell:. I wanna play as many of ya'll as possible. If 32 ppl reach, do 8 pools of 4 and cut 16 ppl (top 2). U can even run an amateur bracket for those that didn't make it to pro bracket. As long as u got a venue that allows for 12 hours, and about 8-10ish setups, then it shud run smoothly.

:phone:

ƸArcher¤AngelusƷ

Smash Apprentice
If its 2 days I probably couldn't attend, what Luke said about a later venue (that can hold more set ups) would be much better imo.

breez

Smash Ace
Yo, I also NEED time to MM. Not only do I wanna play everyone, but I need $ lol.

There are always tonnes of MMs. I'll be takin' suckas money all day.

edit: 2 day event sounds cool. We maybe should look into a bigger venue otherwise?

Drake12

Smash Ace
This really is starting to look like a huge event. Especially if it's fit into 2 days O.o
It's good to know that I'd be included in a crew battle :)
What are all the possibilities for side events? I head crew battles, projectM and brawl-

I'd love to do dem MM's...sorry if this makes anyone mad but it wouldn't be against any MK's :/ I do MM's for entertainment, and thats not entertaining to me in the least, just frustrating. If I'm giving up money, I'd rather enjoy it (not to confuse that with saying that MK is an instaloss to me)
Don't be hatin, just an opinion.

I think we should try our hardest to cram this into one day, have 2 days be a last resort if anything.

Captain L

Smash Champion
Drake play me in brawl minus pleaseeeeee

I'd better download 2.0 and start practicing again!

_GrapE_

Smash Lord
After thinking about it, I don't think a 2 day event would go over too well travel-wise for the 3 of us who live north island, being the fact that the greyhounds aren't as convenient going that far up the island during weekdays.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Oh, just remembered. I'm lying to my parents about this. Being away for 2 or 3 days and 2 nights is way easier to lie about than being away for 3 or 4 days and 3 nights :/.

Drake12

Smash Ace
Drake play me in brawl minus pleaseeeeee

I'd better download 2.0 and start practicing again!
When I get out there I most definitally will! I invested a ton of time into it, but I only had one friend to play against, I look foreword to it :) Smashfest/hangout to play??

Drake12

Smash Ace
I guess the whole two day thing isn't as simple as putting the important event in one day, with everything else in the second day...? That way whoever can show up for one day can go to the big event and whoever is able to show up can go to the side events.
I think it's safe to say the important one is brawl singles, followed by doubles is possible to cram in the same day.
Everything else would be things like the crew battles, money matches, brawl minus side tournament, Melee?? (it's small out here).
30 dudes should be able to fit into brawl singles to cram into one day, we did it out here in the past along with doubles in the same day.
Sorry, I assume I'm missing the details, but why wouldn't this fit into one day, with every side thingy on the second...you know more then I would :p

Arcansi

Smash Champion
After thinking about it, I don't think a 2 day event would go over too well travel-wise for the 3 of us who live north island, being the fact that the greyhounds aren't as convenient going that far up the island during weekdays.
I have school, so I actually can not make it unless I am not missing any school at all.

All you guys having practice partners makes me sad. The best I've likely got is paying around 3:50 an hour when I find someone to play at Games N' Grounds (this local cool hangout place that has consoles/comps hourly and food/drink.)

Unless... GrapE?

Drake12

Smash Ace
The idea is that the big event is spread out over 2 days to allow more time for side events and all that other good stuff
Ok, so with that in mind why not just do all the main big stuff one day and all the gimmicks, side events and jazz on the next? That way all them people who can't stay for both still have their main tournament.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Ok, so with that in mind why not just do all the main big stuff one day and all the gimmicks, side events and jazz on the next? That way all them people who can't stay for both still have their main tournament.
Da thing is, people ideally reach for the main event, and the main event needs a lot of time and is meant to run smoothly. Having all the gimmicks on 1 day will lose a lot of attendance for that day, and squeezing the main event into 1 day ain't healthy for it. But with 30ish people, it's possible, but then the venue fee will double in price since it's 2 days, and about 15 ppl would reach day "2", hence not enough ppl to pay off the fee.

∫unk

Smash Master
i say just keep it 1 day then have somewhere where people that want to play more can go? maybe someones house or something

also if you wanna mm me just ask but otherwise i usually don't look for them

i play ddd, wario, snake and i'll play any matchup

Asa

Smash Hero
@ junk, 3 things

1. Do you like one piece? O:
2. How many ppl are coming in your carpool atm? can you plz get FILIP to come? :D
3. 5$ mm :olimar: vs :dedede:?

∫unk

Smash Master
1. i've been reading naruto and one piece for a really long time :) since i was a kid in japan haha
2. i'm hoping for the max number 5. filip is my static partner (we haven't even teamed once yet haha i just moved to wa but still) and i know he has a passport so it's highly likely that he's coming.
3. i'll do $3 3 out of 5. if you wanna do a bigger mm you'd have to fight my wario :)

Asa

Smash Hero
sick! that's awesome! no one else i know in the pacnw reads one piece :( the newest chapter was pretty ballin~

the ppl i know who have passports and are interested are - busy nerd felix dmac

and i'll 5$ your wario as well :)

∫unk

Smash Master
yeah last chapter was really good

you forgot filip! lol

dang you're confident :) i'm not that bad haha. depends on how my other mm's is going and stuff but i don't like to put more than $5 on any one person. i was thinkin more like you'd just mm my wario :p we could just play friendlies too i try equally hard.

Top Bottom