• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Brawl 6 (Important Venue Change! Details inside)

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I am basically confirmed. I need reliable housing (sorry bundt but I don't wanna deal with waiting for you to get home and whatnot), so I was wondering if there was any possible way I could fly into vancouver, take the train as close to abbotsford as possible and get picked up by breez. I know that's a lot to ask for, but it'd be nice to house with the rest of AB.

bundtcake

Smash Ace
actually at the rate attendance is going up it looks like I won't be able to go to the movie without missing a significant amount of the tournament, so I probably won't end up going to that :(

Captain L

Smash Champion
yessss I'm being recognized as a legitimate pt player

Alph can't you fly to Abbotsford airport if you're housing with Ben?

T-block

B2B TST
I will try to be on the same flight as Alphicans, so consider me in any plans you make too please?

I am so down for PT FFAs.

Can we do them on Spear Pillar?

Tin Man

Smash Hero
^ LOL, they had the same avatars for as long as I can remember. I know Tblock pulled dat Z-Block thing at 1 point lol.

--------------------------------------​

Before everyone makes housing plans, can we all figure out who's crib's are up for housing, where they are (relative to each other and the venue), and the capacity of them?

So far. Breeze and Bundt can house, and possibly Cheezeman? Where your hoods at? & how many.

I think it's best to get it all in the open (and in the OP), so that no one gets shafted out of housing (especially those that need it lol)

Asa

Smash Hero
hey guys, lets all watch the match where jake derps in doubles at hellasmashed V

bundtcake

Smash Ace
details on housing:

i live in east van, very easy access to public transit, small-ish place but could fit a decent amount of people (4-5 could comfortably sleep in my room, then if need be people could get more cramped and/or sleep on an memory foam/air mattress in the kitchen), 2 decent sized tvs

andy lives in vancouver a bit southwest from me, fairly easy access to public transit, small-ish place, 1 large tv

breez lives in abbotsford, much further east, you'd need a car or a ride to get to his place or to the venue, decent sized place with a good amount of floorspace, 1 broken tv but he mentioned getting other setups?

in terms of distance from the venue:

my place is a 30 min drive away, an hour and a half by public transit

andy's place is about a 40 min drive away, closer to two hours by public transit

breez's place is about a 50 min drive, and i don't really think there's a viable way to get there by public transit

KillLock

Smash Lord
i think you forgot to mention one important detail

breez has fresh cookies

who do you think this is?!

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Now we're making progress :bee:

Aiight. If the others could post their capacity, that'd be legit.

now, when it comes to flying, the idea is to land in Abbotsford if your housing with Breez I assume?

Otherwise land in Vancouver if your housing with Bundt or Andy.

Confirm/Deny plz

bundtcake

Smash Ace
i think you forgot to mention one important detail

breez has fresh cookies

who do you think this is?!
man, if cookies is all it takes then i could make some cookies, not very difficult

Now we're making progress :bee:

Aiight. If the others could post their capacity, that'd be legit.

now, when it comes to flying, the idea is to land in Abbotsford if your housing with Breez I assume?

Otherwise land in Vancouver if your housing with Bundt or Andy.

Confirm/Deny plz
confirm i guess?

_GrapE_

Smash Lord
What is a good way to get in contact with Andy so I can talk to him about housing?

Arcansi, you would have to miss school on Friday (If there even is school then) because we take the greyhound at around 9am to Vancouver. Even leaving at that time, we aren't there until around 4.

Asa

Smash Hero
junk, would it be easier to just come up from washington the day of?

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
details on housing:

i live in east van, very easy access to public transit, small-ish place but could fit a decent amount of people (4-5 could comfortably sleep in my room, then if need be people could get more cramped and/or sleep on an memory foam/air mattress in the kitchen), 2 decent sized tvs

andy lives in vancouver a bit southwest from me, fairly easy access to public transit, small-ish place, 1 large tv

breez lives in abbotsford, much further east, you'd need a car or a ride to get to his place or to the venue, decent sized place with a good amount of floorspace, 1 broken tv but he mentioned getting other setups?

in terms of distance from the venue:

my place is a 30 min drive away, an hour and a half by public transit

andy's place is about a 40 min drive away, closer to two hours by public transit

breez's place is about a 50 min drive, and i don't really think there's a viable way to get there by public transit
Thank you for this post! Makes my life a little easier. :awesome:

I may be able to house people; it will depend on what my roommates/landlords are comfortable with. I should find out in the first few days in September. I can't promise anything now, but I'll do what I can.

And yes, it seems like it will be a one-day event. We were able to handle a 35-man tournament + singles with Bo3 pools at the current venue (Home Video), and have it finish at 9:00 (1 hour before closing). I know we can do it again as long as we have the same resources, and if attendance gets to be too high, we can always do elimination pools.

Regarding the venue, I really don't feel comfortable moving this to another venue simply because of the TV situation. For anybody outside of the BC community who doesn't know, we are very reliant on transit because a large chunk of us are either underage or are university students who just don't drive. Having to move TVs is a huge hassle for this reason, and at Home Video, we don't have to worry about it. If we did this anywhere else, we'd be lucky to get half as many set-ups, which would of course double the amount of time everything would take. That more than makes up for the fact that the current venue closes at 10:00.

On top of that, Sue (the woman we deal with when setting up and running the events) has been very accommodating to us in the past. If we needed another 10-20 minutes to finish GFs, we would probably get it (I definitely want to avoid this, but it has happened in the past). The money the venue gets from us is not a flat rate either; they get 100% of the $5 fee from each player whether 10 people or 50 people show up, so if they know this is going to have a large turnout, we can work with them to make sure we have as much space and time as possible.

We will have time to finish. I've ran enough tournaments here to know how to budget time properly do make sure we don't go over, and due to the nature of brackets, there will be plenty of set-ups for friendlies in the last couple of hours regardless. Worst case scenario, I have to skim more people from pools than I would've anticipated.

P.S. - Luke, since when are you a furry?

:005:

Drake12

Smash Ace
I'm sooo lost to be honest guys :/
I'm talking to a ton of dudes I don't know, about a location I don't know, in a town I don't know and trying to hitch a ride with a dude I've never even talked to O.o
All I know is I'm in Abbotsford, I need a drive to the tournament and I'm good at brawl :p

On top of that I'm new to smashboards if you can't tell by my number of posts :/

Asa

Smash Hero
I'm sooo lost to be honest guys :/
I'm talking to a ton of dudes I don't know, about a location I don't know, in a town I don't know and trying to hitch a ride with a dude I've never even talked to O.o
All I know is I'm in Abbotsford, I need a drive to the tournament and I'm good at brawl :p

On top of that I'm new to smashboards if you can't tell by my number of posts :/
It's k

we'll treat you right

also mm? /deap

Drake12

Smash Ace
It's k

we'll treat you right

also mm? /deap
I love me some MM's. '/Deap'??
Tanks bro! I already got pretty pumped that I'm included in BC for a crew battle. I'm now on Canada brawl for beating Jake, and him later beating me (in case anyone is curious)

Asa

Smash Hero
I love me some MM's. '/Deap'??
Tanks bro! I already got pretty pumped that I'm included in BC for a crew battle. I'm now on Canada brawl for beating Jake, and him later beating me (in case anyone is curious)
in bc we have a player named "deap" (daniel ernesto alwaysjohns pantoja), who mms hella. like he'll ask for a mm as a way of greeting you in the morning.

Top Bottom