• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Brawl 6 (Important Venue Change! Details inside)

Kantrip

Kantplay
im happee cuz im on it <3

But really, I think after Phoenix 6 would be a great time to make a new PR. A lot of the fairly new players (myself included) haven't been to anything but a bunch of 10-ish-man monthlies. Having a 30+ man bracket (possibly elimination pools) will be a great indicator (on top of past events, of course) of talent and skill subjective to most of our region (and quite a few OOR).

Besides, that PR's a joke.

cuz im on it

Asa

Smash Hero
bundtcake - :robbrawl: :kirby:
breez :metaknight: :snake:
L :pikachu2:
firefly :yoshi2: :metaknight:
Sz :zerosuitsamus:
SKidd :mario2: :snake:
Feint :diddy:
Crisis :falco:
Blueyoshi :gw:
Blunted_object :marth:

Asa

Smash Hero
He's above you in sets and has placed above you in all tournaments sans 1, where you tied.

Asa

Smash Hero
He could've been higher, but since he really wanted to be there, and didn't really care about the PR, we decided to put him at number 9.

Kantrip

Kantplay
LOL!

I don't really know how PR's are done, but here are the criteria Jake has on our outdated one:

Criteria

- Tournament Placing: This is the most important one. Without good tournament placing, it does not matter how well you do in friendlies, you will not be on the list. When it comes down to it, tournaments bring the best (and the worst) out of people, and it also brings out all the important qualities of a player such as startegic play, good counter picking and so on. Along with tournament placing, it is also important to note consistent tournament placing. If, lets say, someone gets second one tournament, and then completely bombs and gets 9th the next tournament, chances are they will not be ranked based on the second place finish.

- Activity: Doing well in a few tournaments is good and all, but if you only enter two within the year, then chances are you won't be ranked as high later on in the year. Players change, and if you do not show that you are improving as well by not showing up to events, then it can be assumed that the players who are consistently showing up are surpassing your skill level.

- The word of good/known players: This one is not as important, because people can be biased. However, it will be noted if someone good puts in the good word for you. This can come from friendlies, money matches and of course tournament matches.

- Miscellaneous stuff: This basically is just how well you do in friendlies and money matches. This is the least important criteria, because people are known to sandbag (even in money matches >_>). Although sometimes this section can be the determiner for very close picks, so be sure to keep your game up at all times.

And here is the previous PR:

~ ^1 ~ 1) Bundtcake :rob: :kirby2:
~ ^8 ~ 2) Blue Yoshi :gw:
~ ^1 ~ 3) Firefly :yoshi2:
~ v 1 ~ 4) breez :metaknight:
~ v 4 ~ 5) Clouderz :metaknight:
~New~ 6) Asa :olimar: :wario:
~New~ 7) Captain L :pikachu2:
~ v 3 ~ 8) Defender :bowser2: :wario:
~New~ 9) Max113 :snake:
~ v 3 ~ 10) Karupin :kirby2: :metaknight:

Looking at the past 3 monthlies:

[COLLAPSE="Home Video Monthly IV"]1: Breez ($78.00) :metaknight:
2: Firefly ($39.00) :yoshi2: :diddy: :metaknight: :dk2:
3: Captain L ($13.00) :pikachu2:
4: HNG :metaknight:
5: Blunted Object :marth:
5: Carlos Torres de la Rosa :metaknight:
7: Blue Yoshi :gw: :diddy:
7: Cheeszeman :zerosuitsamus:
9: SKidd :mario2:
9: CrimsonFeint :diddy:
9: Crisis :falco:
9: TheSeeker :dk2: :ganondorf:
13: Bob :metaknight: :marth:[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Home Video Monthly V"]1: Bundtcake ($90.00) :rob:
2: Firefly ($45.00) :yoshi2:
3: Breez ($15.00) :metaknight:
4: Asa :olimar:
5: Captain L :pikachu2:
5: HNG :metaknight:
7: SKidd :mario2:
7: Kodokan :marth:
9: Crisis :falco:
9: Cheeszeman :zerosuitsamus:
9: Deap :metaknight:
9: DolphinBrick :diddy:
13: Scott2222 :dk2:
13: Sinister :wolf:
13: Feint :diddy:
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Home Video Monthly VI"]1: Captain L :pikachu2: ($72.00)
2: Deap :metaknight: ($36.00)
3: Big D :snake: :dedede: ($12.00)
4: Blue Yoshi :jigglypuff: :gw:
5: SKidd :mario2:
5: GrapE :falco: :zelda:
7: IHT :rob:
7: Crimson Feint :diddy:
9: JM :pikachu2:
9: Aleate :zelda:
9: Cookieless
9: Rice[/COLLAPSE]

What I get from this is that a few people from the old PR should be removed due to quitting/inactivity.

What we have left is:

Bundtcake, Blue Yoshi, Firefly, Breez, Asa, and Captain L.

All 6 of these players are still PR material, I'm pretty sure. This leaves room for 4 newcomers. Looking at the last tournaments, the currently unranked players with the best results are HNG, Deap, SKidd, Big D, and Cheeszeman. (Correct me if I'm wrong, I may be :/)

I think Big D will be PR-material in a hurry, but with only being to one tourney we'll need to see more of him first (He's coming to phoenix we'll see what happens ^^)

With all this in mind:

1) Bundtcake - :rob: :kirby2:
2) Breez - :metaknight: :snake:
3) Firefly - :yoshi2: :metaknight:
4) Captain L - :pikachu2:
5) Asadelta - :olimar: :wario:
6) HNG - :metaknight: :lucario:
7) Deap - :metaknight: :olimar:
8) Cheeszeman - :zerosuitsamus:
9) Blue Yoshi - :gw: :random:
10) SKidd - :mario2:

:awesome:?

bolded for emphasis, yeah i was bored

SKidd

Smash Master
I've beat him in our most recent set though.

I'll do it again if I have to. /cocky

And Bryan > Landon.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Your location says Vancouver, you're on the last PR, you place at more of BC's events than half the BC PR do.

:p

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Ok, I have had no computer access for a while, so I skipped almost all the posts I read (I went back to re-read all the PR talk stuff). And I disagree with a large portion of the PR. Here is what it should be, very recent active players only:

1. Aleate. . . . . . . . . Uses a useless character. If only he could deal damage to himself...
2. Grape. . . . . . . . . Also uses a useless character.
3. Blunted Object. . . Uses Jigglypuff. Pound 2 gud.
4. Crisis. . . . . . . . . . Plays a below average character (any non-MK character is below average).
5. Captain L. . . . . . . Plays a character with electric stunning attacks.
6. SKidd. . . . . . . . . Plays a character with teh fire.
7. Crimson Feint. . . Peanuts can heal you, am I right?
8. Grimice. . . . . . . . Ice attacks. So good even when he hasn't played in a year he still makes PRs.
9. Blue Yoshi. . . . . . Plays a character with over 9000 one-hit-kill moves.
10. Deap. . . . . . . . . Our friendly foreigner. Not quite a true BCian (yet), so doesn't get to break the top 9.

Any similarities to the properties of each of GaW's side B attack numbers are merely a co-incidence.

Asa

Smash Hero
Those points will be taken into consideration when talks begin for the next PR, Robert.

Asa

Smash Hero
Yo robert, i know Defender/max/teyro's reasons for not coming to the mainland, but do you think they might come given all this extra attendance? O:

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
The only person I have contact with is Max. I highly doubt Tero would come, Max says school and parental johnz may come in the way. He said that the only person who may show up from Victoria (not including me) may be Defender (don't put him down as unconfirmed yet or anything, this is Max saying this, which means all of this could just be as likely as a Mario main winning a brawl tournament). However, it is still a month away, so... yeah. Anything can happen.

So 10 is worst, but 1 is second worst?

Rob's PR is confusing :S
Any similarities to the properties of each of GaW's side B attack numbers are merely a co-incidence.
;)

SKidd

Smash Master
SKidd. If we don't face in pools or bracket, Mario vs. Sonic money match for like $1/$2 or something? Loser gets the winner a pop or something.
I feel so special being asked this . <3.

Challenge accepted.

Drake12

Smash Ace
you have msn or anything, drake?
Lol, I technically do but I don't use it and it's a very embarassing email including a name which has a typo and a stupid...well yeah I don't use it and it's dumb :/ I could just add ya on facebook. I assume your a mutual friend of Jake?

Top Bottom