• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Brawl 6 (Important Venue Change! Details inside)

Drake12

Smash Ace
Hm, that's cool and no reason to feel shy about it. :)

I was just thinking... getting to a school in downtown would be pretty bothersome considering you lived in Abbotsford.

Who wants a Smashfest this week (weekday), and which day would you like it to be? I'll try and set it up.

Gravekeepers are apparently really good.
Of course I don't know what Gravekeepers are or anything else about the card game.

Thanks big guy...only thing is I hope to go to the events, like I hope I don't have to go sailing or camping over an important weekend. I'm not shy, I just dunno how you BC folk would react :p

Arcansi

Smash Champion
gravekeeper's are good AND cheap :)

really anti-meta, especially with chaos getting big again
Understand that I have $20 a month reliable income.

Understand that all my magic cards came from a fatpack a starter set, and a couple drafts and basically all I have is besieged/scars.

Sure, I would love to be able to actually get new cards and stuff, but until I do I'm stuck with this.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
that's cool, you can still have fun with them :)
I'm pretty much 100% a competitive gamer.

It actively hurts me to see people doing well against me that aren't using standard legal decks.

It sucks for me, but I manage to deal with it as there is no competitive scene for almost anything here.

Asa

Smash Hero
Calling Dr.Squidd to the emergency room

some poor butt-blasted soul needs a swag transfusion

bundtcake

Smash Ace
I'm pretty much 100% a competitive gamer.

It actively hurts me to see people doing well against me that aren't using standard legal decks.

It sucks for me, but I manage to deal with it as there is no competitive scene for almost anything here.
bring your standard deck(s) to the tournament then! i have a pretty good rogue deck (affectionately called the tier 2 killer by people at my lgs, har har har) and would be happy to play against you, although i should warn you in advance that pretty much everyone hates playing against my deck because it is super good at stalling out matches unintentionally

Kantrip

Kantplay
I don't know what just happened either lol.

You ask for a defender of the forest and animals from all over the world show up.

:phone:

Arcansi

Smash Champion
bring your standard deck(s) to the tournament then! i have a pretty good rogue deck (affectionately called the tier 2 killer by people at my lgs, har har har) and would be happy to play against you, although i should warn you in advance that pretty much everyone hates playing against my deck because it is super good at stalling out matches unintentionally
I will.

My deck's...ok.

I would much rather have it in a way better incarnation that I could write up but not afford/get, but I'm working on a new deck atm so I stopped working on the one I have.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I play exclusively Sonic and can beat Metal Sonic and Amy quite efficiently in that game. Also, if you wanna be a real man at this game and race down City Escape? Let one person go ahead as the other's on the board and collecting one ring. Don't hit a checkpoint and use Sonic Wind/Chaos Spear/whatever on the other. They're knocked off the board. Die then let the guy who was knocked off hit you when you get a ring. Voila, you're both racing on foot at the start of City Escape.

Also, SKidd, I'm sure you prolly know this one too, but don't let me get 80 rings and burst through a checkpoint. Infinite speed-up is too good, and overlaps when the race is restarted again and again.

bundtcake

Smash Ace
I will.

My deck's...ok.

I would much rather have it in a way better incarnation that I could write up but not afford/get, but I'm working on a new deck atm so I stopped working on the one I have.
well, feel free to proxy cards if you want, i definitely end up making proxy decks fairly often since i'm a budget player

I play exclusively Sonic and can beat Metal Sonic and Amy quite efficiently in that game. Also, if you wanna be a real man at this game and race down City Escape? Let one person go ahead as the other's on the board and collecting one ring. Don't hit a checkpoint and use Sonic Wind/Chaos Spear/whatever on the other. They're knocked off the board. Die then let the guy who was knocked off hit you when you get a ring. Voila, you're both racing on foot at the start of City Escape.

Also, SKidd, I'm sure you prolly know this one too, but don't let me get 80 rings and burst through a checkpoint. Infinite speed-up is too good, and overlaps when the race is restarted again and again.
wait is this... competitive sa2b? what

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Yeah. At anime conventions maybe. :awesome:

Amy is broken as hell in Sonic Adventure 2: Battle though. Use her and get 30 rings? Your opponent is stuck and can't move for like...20 or 30 seconds. And it's spammable if she just keeps collecting rings. The only character who can do anything about her 20-ring attack is Metal Sonic with his dark shield (which works great for dropping down quickly or going down hills at a rapid pace), while Sonic & Shadow have the 20-ring intervals for their abilities. Best thing you can do against Amy is beat her to the punch to getting rings whenever possible and screw her over, otherwise she will get ahead once she tells you to just "wait a minute!"

Ugh. Sonic vs. Shadow is the fairest, but Metal Sonic is legit too.

You can glitch the system for Sonic and Shadow when it comes to the Speed Up though. Get 80 rings and use Speed Up, then pass through a checkpoint so you get the speed shoes. You have perma speed shoes/speed-up, even when you restart the race on that level. And it doubles over so you get faster and faster each time you do it.

Pretty fun.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
well, feel free to proxy cards if you want, i definitely end up making proxy decks fairly often since i'm a budget player

I don't know the standard on anything like this (how much it's reasonable for me to proxy, etc.)

So I just proxied 3 tezz.

I couldn't practice with a deck with more proxies in it anyway because there's already people in my area that deny my proxies.

bundtcake

Smash Ace
I don't know the standard on anything like this (how much it's reasonable for me to proxy, etc.)

So I just proxied 3 tezz.

I couldn't practice with a deck with more proxies in it anyway because there's already people in my area that deny my proxies.
i honestly couldn't care less if you proxied every single card in your deck, as long as you actually know your cards well enough or make your proxies detailed enough (ex - make sure you know if a card does or does not say "may", etc)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Lol Amy Rose.

Just wait a minute... just wait a minute... just wait a minute... just wait a minute...

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Denying proxys is a **** move, honostly spending 180$ on cards to play test a deck that gets shut out of the meta is *** factory, and the nerds who say proxys are noid can suck a fatty.
There is literally no metagame here, as far as I know.

Nobody runs standard, the only competitive events we have are drafts.

My life is really horrible from a gaming standpoint atm.

i honestly couldn't care less if you proxied every single card in your deck, as long as you actually know your cards well enough or make your proxies detailed enough (ex - make sure you know if a card does or does not say "may", etc)
I WANT to optimize my deck now. (read as: proxy quite literally 30+ cards)

But the only practice I'll get is with the one other like minded player (he's into drafts, but it's still competition.) in my area. I might, though.

bundtcake

Smash Ace
There is literally no metagame here, as far as I know.

Nobody runs standard, the only competitive events we have are drafts.

My life is really horrible from a gaming standpoint atm.

I WANT to optimize my deck now. (read as: proxy quite literally 30+ cards)

But the only practice I'll get is with the one other like minded player (he's into drafts, but it's still competition.) in my area. I might, though.
well you could always have a proxy version as well as your actual version of the deck, to keep everyone happy :p

bundtcake

Smash Ace
it means playing with a fake version of a card meant to represent the real thing, so if you took say, a worthless common card and wrote over it with a marker to represent a rare card that might be expensive or hard to find, or just printed off a card image and glued it onto a card or something like that

Top Bottom