• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PHB-Championship Edition: A Melee and Brawl Tourney (Nov. 1st 2008) (Tallahassee, FL)

HolyChef

Smash Ace
lol we're two faced? people are nice to us and then behind our backs talk **** about us and call us two faced? thats pretty funny.

i also like people how the same people put words in our mouths and come up with stuff thats not true.

I understand where your coming from, but several people heard you and Holy claim you were the BEST AT THE TOURNEY.
now that was just funny. ***** tmz in this *****. they need to get their facts straight though.

Masky

Smash Master
Regardless of all the drama, lets get past this thing and focus more on all the great matches that were had. i know this was the most fun i've had at a tally tourney yet! :-D
Everyone needs to learn how to be as positive/nice as Lizard... good friendlies btw :)

Darktemplio

Smash Journeyman
Gainesville, Florida, USA, North America, Mars.
Well...I just checked this thread and I think things got a bit out of hand. Honestly guys don't argue about these things. The tournament ran fairy well and if there are any suggestions about its rules then just listen to each other, debate, and reach a conclusion. No need to get personal on this.

Also, about the rumors...people always talk **** no matter what. Dont know why people have a habit of doing it but they just do. Especially in a competitive environment like this one. Think about it. If you suck at smash people talk **** about your skills. If you are really sick at smash, people say that you probably have no social life. People always talk crap. so honestly dont worry too much about it.

Hope things get resolved soon cuz all you guys at the tournament were really cool and I really look forward to having you guys around in another tournament environment. Just without any bs :)

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
lol. people were talking bad about each other at the tourney? I didnt hear anything from anybody about me or anyone else

i do know for a 100% fact that manko or anyone in his crew would never seriously say they are the best at the tourney.

i think ********* needs to do commentary on all of awal's matches. The ones we did do he was owning it up with sonic

D_B_S

Smash Lord
ITS FOR SURE NOT BEEF ITS ON SOME REAL TALK(Stop taking my words SLit Cuz it sound gay coming from you)

Well I know for a fact........... How they were talking about all the tourney taking to long........awww the music is distracting me so im getting owned an all this bULL ****

dONT GET ***** WHEN YOUR ADDRESS

and i didnt act nice to your face i was real mutual...........gg thats all

this **** talking been going on before this tourney ......so for me to say Our crew>Your crew is no big deal seeing yall started it

Check your sources dog

And I do punish the spam .....I think that y u lost to me on thursday SLIT........ You have no pride in how you fight but watever....

So yeah We get the whole stage banning thing or watever.....but dude where not gigs......... and even up north they did the whole bann after random

F.Y.I the store music was gay not mines get it right

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
Everything's fine, no one is offended, manko and his crew are awesome we know they wouldn't say things like that Awal don't listen to those rumors, they just trying to start stuff

HolyChef

Smash Ace
i know for a fact a lot of people felt the tourney was taking too long. the music was horrible but we never johned about it. i was more upset when i had to listen to it and wasnt even playing. dbs, we didnt even talk to u during the whole tourney. when did we tell u all this? and when did we start talking **** about crew battles? the most that was said was that we wanted a crew battle. thats it. look back at the posts guy. double check YOUR sources dog :)
ill stop for now.

cocaines a hell of a drug.

D_B_S

Smash Lord
I repeat MY music wasnt gay the store music techno was gay

Imma just end it there cuz your not making sense "When did we tell you this"??

But watever your good

we done

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
thats funny cause i felt the same way about this post and your post before :)

i cant wait to play that wario
lol, you dont want none of that wario.

imma be honest, theres a 0% chance of me coming to your next tourney on the 6th. Theres a tourney here in orlando to go to. Now, the 13th may be an entirely different story...

D_B_S

Smash Lord
Uh yeah dont go to gigs on 13th well throw something

Manko srry bout the mix up I just really dont like any disrespect to my crew lol And clearly you didnt

So my bad Im srry

UH yeah I was playing bone thugz and harmony

SlitThroat1010

Smash Journeyman
DBS: You don't decide how much pride others have. ;) I'll make sure to pridefully spam whornado exclusively in our next game. :laugh:

Lizard

Smash Ace
Everyone needs to learn how to be as positive/nice as Lizard... good friendlies btw :)
Thanks masky (and Templio for the response). Gotta get to know you better at the next one!

Honestly, the whole trash talk thing is a ****ing waste of time. who really gives a **** about the rumor mill and whos's right who's wrong? go into tournaments with the attitude of doing the best you can, and having a good time.

I have not met a single person at either tally or gigs that i didn't get along with. Quite the contrary! I've gotten some great friendships out of it! Templio i've only met twice and he and i are cool as ****!

Go into each tournament with a good attitude and you may or may not leave with a reputation for skills, but sportsmanship is far more important to me than skill. and i know i am not the only one who feels this way. skill means **** if your a total prick.

Theres my peace......hope you all are good bout sportsmanship too! :bee:

D_B_S

Smash Lord
DBS: You don't decide how much pride others have. ;) I'll make sure to pridefully spam whornado exclusively in our next game. :laugh:
SO you have pride in spamming??

thats cool watever I guess.........Just dont ask for a high five again.

You just wasting your time u wont get it :)

Jssn

Smash Journeyman
I had fun in this tourney i cant wait for the next one.
Lots of good people showed up, i wished i could have done better...

Holychef.- im gona eventually take on your metaknight with my PIT. Good matches.

Lio.- as everyone says it, you got a crazy toon link.

D_B_S .- you got no game... xD

Esper.- stop trying to gimp me.

AWAL.- we deff gotta team up for next tourney, we were just too broke.. xD

And everyone from pensacola, gainsville, orlando, tally, and everywhere else that showed up. Thank you for coming to our tournament, glad you had lots of fun.

--JaSSoN --

B_AWAL

Smash Master
lol we're two faced? people are nice to us and then behind our backs talk **** about us and call us two faced? thats pretty funny.

i also like people how the same people put words in our mouths and come up with stuff thats not true.

now that was just funny. ***** tmz in this *****. they need to get their facts straight though.
Like I said, I'm a drop what I heard and assume differently, I'm str8. I'm jus tryina see if any1 wants 2 come get F'ed up at my Birthday Party. I heard yaw were talkin ish at the begining of the tourney. But I paid it no mind until I kept hearing more and more. Yaw seemed too cool to talk ish.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
lol. people were talking bad about each other at the tourney? I didnt hear anything from anybody about me or anyone else

i do know for a 100% fact that manko or anyone in his crew would never seriously say they are the best at the tourney.

i think ********* needs to do commentary on all of awal's matches. The ones we did do he was owning it up with sonic
I can't handle it!!! LMAO!!! I almost died laughing!!! I don't understand how U all can do it. Acorn is 2 F'ing hilarious!!!

B_AWAL

Smash Master
i know for a fact a lot of people felt the tourney was taking too long. the music was horrible but we never johned about it. i was more upset when i had to listen to it and wasnt even playing. dbs, we didnt even talk to u during the whole tourney. when did we tell u all this? and when did we start talking **** about crew battles? the most that was said was that we wanted a crew battle. thats it. look back at the posts guy. double check YOUR sources dog :)
ill stop for now.

cocaines a hell of a drug.
Can some1 please tell me if they liked my Idea on banning!?! LOL!!! Every player can be allowed 1 ban before or after round 1? Yes or NO?

The NEXT tourney won't be as long, thanx 4 the feed back. But Slit U DO Spam ALOT. I kno Ur a great Player, hell U were great in Melee, but U've went from Fighting as a good Meta to Spamming, which really isn't cool. But as long as U make money, do what you do.

SlitThroat1010

Smash Journeyman
lol, I don't make any money. :laugh: I think you guys judge what's spamming based on what looks the most spammy and lame. In truth I don't think using tornado as my approach half the time and dtilt the other half is any different than a wario using drill half the time as approach or an air dodge the other half. A lot of characters approach with only a couple moves. Tornado just has a long animation so it tricks people into forgeting that it's only doing 3% at most against decent di and leaves meta prone to punishment often enough that it's usually not worth it. But alas I always hear: "the animation is long and boring, i cant punish your 3% move everytime, thats cheap grrr!!" lol.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
lol, I don't make any money. :laugh: I think you guys judge what's spamming based on what looks the most spammy and lame. In truth I don't think using tornado as my approach half the time and dtilt the other half is any different than a wario using drill half the time as approach or an air dodge the other half. A lot of characters approach with only a couple moves. Tornado just has a long animation so it tricks people into forgeting that it's only doing 3% at most against decent di and leaves meta prone to punishment often enough that it's usually not worth it. But alas I always hear: "the animation is long and boring, i cant punish your 3% move everytime, thats cheap grrr!!" lol.
Against me I haven't seen u spam it. And I kno there are better approaches then that move. I KNOW u can be a better Meta player. U jus gotta try other moves. Hornado is predictable, so it puts u at a disadvantage. I kno u have tech skill and it pisses me off to see u goin out like that. I kno U can be a better player but U jus aren't willing to try. Hell Sonic isnt a good character and I aint got as much tech attack skill as DBS or Gmoney now the ability to control a match like GDX and HRNUT but I make Sonic look good and turn heads in tournies at that. Now think about it, If I can do damage wit Sonic imagine what U can do with Meta. Unless u wanna end up maining Ike then u better change up what u do with Meta.

SlitThroat1010

Smash Journeyman
lol, how does one thing half the time and another the other half (known as mixing up your approach) the same as only using one, DBS? WOOT FOR A NON-BUSH PRESIDENT. BOO TO IT BEING ANYONE THAT ISN'T NAMED RON PAUL.

Awal, I see your point but my goal is not to turn heads, it's just to play and have fun however I have it. Still, I've been working on some characters in my spare time and the four that I'm liking the most are marth, wario, wolf, and toon link. I like the feel of the first three, but I would love to get good with toon link cuz he looks funny when played right though he might be too floaty for me. Next time, lemme get some marth/wario practice on your sonic. :p

mkGmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL (for
You guys are arguing over very trivial things...

The way someone plays may annoy you and so on, but this isn't a game of holding hands and walking on the beach. This is a game where we should all be playing to win for the titles and money involved. It's just the way it is.
Groceries doesn't make a substantial amount of money off of this game, guys...

The music is whatever... Any decent player should be able to drown it out (if someone wants to make johns). I'm just gonna say that I did make fun of all the techno music that played on loop for like... FOREVER! :lick:

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
The music thing wasn't a big deal, just another item of my flame-bait suggestions. It didn't personally effect me since a lot of my matches were in the front room anyway, but I can recall times at past Melee tourneys where it's been an issue. Just wanted to make sure it didn't become more of one here.

Can some1 please tell me if they liked my Idea on banning!?! LOL!!! Every player can be allowed 1 ban before or after round 1? Yes or NO?
Honestly, you're better off just getting it out of the way at the beginning. It avoids things like the following...

Player 1: alright, I'm going to take you to Halberd
Player 2: hang on, we didn't do our bans yet
Player 1: oh yeah, my bad. What do you want to ban?
Player 2: I'll ban Halberd.
Player 1: ****

B_AWAL

Smash Master
lol, how does one thing half the time and another the other half (known as mixing up your approach) the same as only using one, DBS? WOOT FOR A NON-BUSH PRESIDENT. BOO TO IT BEING ANYONE THAT ISN'T NAMED RON PAUL.

Awal, I see your point but my goal is not to turn heads, it's just to play and have fun however I have it. Still, I've been working on some characters in my spare time and the four that I'm liking the most are marth, wario, wolf, and toon link. I like the feel of the first three, but I would love to get good with toon link cuz he looks funny when played right though he might be too floaty for me. Next time, lemme get some marth/wario practice on your sonic. :p
Aww man :-( No more Ike? Lol

B_AWAL

Smash Master
The music thing wasn't a big deal, just another item of my flame-bait suggestions. It didn't personally effect me since a lot of my matches were in the front room anyway, but I can recall times at past Melee tourneys where it's been an issue. Just wanted to make sure it didn't become more of one here.

Honestly, you're better off just getting it out of the way at the beginning. It avoids things like the following...

Player 1: alright, I'm going to take you to Halberd
Player 2: hang on, we didn't do our bans yet
Player 1: oh yeah, my bad. What do you want to ban?
Player 2: I'll ban Halberd.
Player 1: ****

That's why it's both players responsibility to pay attention to when to ban stages.

BTW, does every1 like Cheezits?

Top Bottom