• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PHB-Championship Edition: A Melee and Brawl Tourney (Nov. 1st 2008) (Tallahassee, FL)

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
I enjoyed this tourney alot, maybe next time we'll travel again and get to do a crew battle, Lionel you're a beast, Lizard is 2 gud, and Esper work on that match-up i know you can do it just learn the match

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
tourney was fun. Tallahassee crew is too good. Random grand finals is also too good. IM A NATURAL PIT PLAYER...JUST ASK HRNUT

Darktemplio

Smash Journeyman
Gainesville, Florida, USA, North America, Mars.
yea, this tourney was really fun and it ran quite smoothly. Too bad my crew had to eliminate eachother.... Zergum vs Masky and me vs. Harriet. That was kinda lame though but **** happens.

Aside from that, i had a lot of fun and was actually looking forward to the crew battles. Ill make sure to ban NOfair against every kirby player alive and um HRNut....As it turns out, the laptop recording my matches got the blue screen of death thus loosing everything. Kinda gay considering i did some extra cool stuff just to have my combo vid. Oh well :\

EDIT: also, a couple of ppl asked me for my name on the boards and i cant really remember who they were....well this is it :D

Masky

Smash Master
so much fun this tournament, props to everyone from UF and gmoney (soul crusher) for being really cool, along with ********* and Tallahassee smashers for being awesome too... I just have to be more careful and not make mistakes, see you all next time :)

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
Dude this tournament was awesome, Thanks to everyone that came out. It was fierce competition and everyone was too good! I hope to play you guys very soon! HRNUT im coming for ya :p

Lizard

Smash Ace
Great tournout guys! Thank so much for all who came, Tallahassee smash is only getting bigger!

HR NUT, those matches were great, thanks for all the friendlies! Mansion is gonna get you next time :)
Purple Pikmin are HAX :-P

Lio, Little kid battles are the most fun i've had in a long time! hopefully we can meet each other in a tourney match soon, and possibly even make a doubles team out of it!

Gmoney, friendlies were great and thanks again for all the help you've given to our tournament. Really helping out our cause!

Thanks to all who came and hope to see you all next time for a even bigger turnout!

Klarvic

Smash Apprentice
yea, this tourney was really fun and it ran quite smoothly. Too bad my crew had to eliminate eachother.... Zergum vs Masky and me vs. Harriet. That was kinda lame though but **** happens.

Aside from that, i had a lot of fun and was actually looking forward to the crew battles. Ill make sure to ban NOfair against every kirby player alive and um HRNut....As it turns out, the laptop recording my matches got the blue screen of death thus loosing everything. Kinda gay considering i did some extra cool stuff just to have my combo vid. Oh well :\

EDIT: also, a couple of ppl asked me for my name on the boards and i cant really remember who they were....well this is it :D
Norfair is TOO GOOD!

I can't wait till the next one.

D_B_S

Smash Lord
GUESS I"ll START THE SHOUT OUTS

GMONEY-.................LETS GO KICK IN SOME SALOON DOORS AT THE NEXT TOURNEY Good seeing you. "True"

Hrnut- I got you next time you come........Imma just steal your control when your sleeping GG

GDX-I hate bananas...But your cool lol Let me know next time yall trynna come up here

BustaNut-I DIDNT RUN INTO THE FORWARD SMASH :) I win GG ...Keep working on snake

Acorn-Your too funny Sorry about ppl *****ing about your noise level.....PMSING I GUESS IDK lol Your lucario pretty good...Just UP TIL NEE-ROY!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Masky-Good matches Nice cp....I will never ever in my life let you go there again lol But GReat Ness 2 gud

Zergum-Nice snake next time make sure you set up shop on Smashville...its your stage....Good games in teams and singles(same to masky)

Lio-toon link is too good in your hands its such a weird match up for wario....tough wins but fun stuff

Camus-Keep working on pika you'll get there man....pika is too broke

Chess-didnt get to meet you....but if that was your first tourney really...........WOW! thats all imma say and come out on thursdays

Awal- Your Gay.............and im getting you drunk friday

MANKO & HOLY- good matches in teams..... Our crew>Your crew >: ) but seriously good games....I mind gamed you with gay music lol jk

LS-Y DIDNT WE PLAY...............But anyways........Your too good with foamy bats

JASON- Your getting to good Stay humble

Drew-You Suck and i three stocked your dog...while your mom watched :) jk YOUR THE BEST HOST EVER PLUS MY SMOKE BUDDY
ANYONE ELSE I FORGOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH WELL STFU NOOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jk Nice Meeting all of yall
COMEBACK YOU HEAR!!!!

Parker1006

Smash Journeyman
GUESS I"ll START THE SHOUT OUTS

GMONEY-.................LETS GO KICK IN SOME SALOON DOORS AT THE NEXT TOURNEY Good seeing you. "True"

Hrnut- I got you next time you come........Imma just steal your control when your sleeping GG

GDX-I hate bananas...But your cool lol Let me know next time yall trynna come up here

BustaNut-I DIDNT RUN INTO THE FORWARD SMASH :) I win GG ...Keep working on snake

Acorn-Your too funny Sorry about ppl *****ing about your noise level.....PMSING I GUESS IDK lol Your lucario pretty good...Just UP TIL NEE-ROY!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Masky-Good matches Nice cp....I will never ever in my life let you go there again lol But GReat Ness 2 gud

Zergum-Nice snake next time make sure you set up shop on Smashville...its your stage....Good games in teams and singles(same to masky)

Lio-toon link is too good in your hands its such a weird match up for wario....tough wins but fun stuff

Camus-Keep working on pika you'll get there man....pika is too broke

Chess-didnt get to meet you....but if that was your first tourney really...........WOW! thats all imma say and come out on thursdays

Awal- Your Gay.............and im getting you drunk friday

MANKO & HOLY- good matches in teams..... Our crew>Your crew >: ) but seriously good games....I mind gamed you with gay music lol jk

LS-Y DIDNT WE PLAY...............But anyways........Your too good with foamy bats

JASON- Your getting to good Stay humble

Drew-You Suck and i three stocked your dog...while your mom watched :) jk YOUR THE BEST HOST EVER PLUS MY SMOKE BUDDY
ANYONE ELSE I FORGOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH WELL STFU NOOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jk Nice Meeting all of yall
COMEBACK YOU HEAR!!!!
DBS, you're cool as hell. Thanks for letting me listen to "Skillz" on your laptop before Crystal started thumping techno music. At the next tourney, I'ma need you to watch my melee matches. **** talk helps me play better. Even if I'm getting *****.:chuckle:

D_B_S

Smash Lord
Yeah I saw some of your matches.....I didnt see your bowser though

but yeah I would put more ish on the Cd if Crystal didnt sterotype me like

You dont have any "Motha ****a this Motha ****a that"music on that Cd

"wats the majority of music" "hiphop???"

wat a jerk

but yeah Next tourney will be better hosted and ******** good music

Imma ask everyone in the next thread that we make wat songs they want

:)

Lio=Best toon link in Altantic South

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
Masky- good driving skills. sorry i couldn't find I-95 south. sorry we couldn't watch splinter. QQ

Zergum- has anyone ever seen a ROB get a fresh utilt from snake at 130% and survive (FD)? Or fresh ftilts do 17%? This kid got cheated by hacks but he'll run your s*** at MK vs DC. Better find hacks for that game and fast, you mutha ****ers.

Lio- you carried me in teams, and I dsmashed you...also, f*** the brackets.

G-G-G-Jyess- GMoney- "Sandshrew, get back in the water!"
"Everyone's got problems"
If you can practice tech in melee, I can teach you how to cheat with them next time.
Blue link is always there for you.

Green Mario- I really really love your choice of secondary. Brawl singles took me away from us.

HR NUT- you're so cool. Thanks for tips against diddy...you know your s***, that's fo sho.

GDX- thanks for the sandbag match?

Parker- keep it up...and find green mario!

Zone and Taco- you guys are a solid team. Good friendlies. Tournament vids?

Staff- really well run tournament. The premium meal deal is tooo real.

Lio is the best toon link in the world. Discuss.

SlitThroat1010

Smash Journeyman
This tournament was awesome! I wish I could've stayed longer for the brawl singles. Next time though, for sure I'm keeping my schedule clean so I can play it all :p

On the weekend of the 22nd, any tournaments everyone is planning to go to? I'm lookin to smash mo'.

Masky

Smash Master
There's one Toon Link that's better than Lio...

Toon Lio

Zone

Smash Champion
HarrietTheGuy: Your Fox inspired me to practice the hard tech stuff more consistently. Hope to see you again, you flipping off that hostess that walked infront of finals made me laugh pretty hard. LOL. your a cool guy, btw what nationality are you? just curious. All I got was grand finals recorded and I'm uploading them now. click the sig if you want to see it. I'll post a link in here when they are all completed.

@Green Mario: I'm glad you showed up. My friend loves mario, and this is his first tourney and You made it more fun for him watching you. Just like your falcon needs work. My Fox needs work. Probably my Marth to lol. Or I should sleep more than 3 hours next time.

@Parker: You practice those techs son. Practice!

Lizard

Smash Ace
too many good matches! can't wait to show off my Lucas and Ness more than this time! seriously Everyone i fought with the exception of Holy Chef forced my DK out with a Snake matchup :-P. all those snakes were ****ing good though.

Chess, you may have one of the most unconventional snakes i have ever seen, but it ****ing works so stick with it!

Holy Chef, those meta matches were close! great fun, but i'd like to fight your climbers more, those friendly matches were fun as crap!. loved fighting the climbers, and have to get more next time

Too Many shoutouts! sorry if you havn't gotten one! you know who you guys are.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
GDX- thanks for the sandbag match?
hey! that was entirely unintentional. I saw you playing regular samus, and not your penguin that you played in teams, so i assumed you were sandbagging too. I would've played you with diddy afterwards but you had a tourney match, and then you left...

Lizard

Smash Ace
GDX, we gotta get more Friendlies next time! i gotta get used to your banana combo's. That **** was sick!

gotta catch more of your peanuts too :-P

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
GDX, we gotta get more Friendlies next time! i gotta get used to your banana combo's. That **** was sick!

catching a peanut does not end well for you 90% of the time...avoid catching them. now bananas you can catch and throw those back all day :laugh:

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master

Don't grab those peanuts it always ends bad for you lol, GG thanks for taking me to my home (luigi's mansion) and almost wrecking me there lol GG

Lizard

Smash Ace
Yea, i guess i see now how it could end bad.... did happen where i wanted to use the over smash and instead i toss that crap. makes perfect sense now that i think about it. Nanners are the way to go for catching.

HolyChef

Smash Ace
i'll go all ice climbers against you next time we meet each other in tourney. i just didnt wanna play much in tourney cause my timing was all off that day since i havent been playing them much and i also wanted to test out my meta in tourney.

ty gmoney for the DOUBLE BLIND PICK. ur gay u liked it. :laugh:

big shoutout to my boy masky for being a ***** and forfeiting in a tourney. never seen it before but it was pretty cool. ur a ***got :) . i wish i can do a ***** move like that and still talk **** in a tourney like im good. :laugh:

Darktemplio

Smash Journeyman
Gainesville, Florida, USA, North America, Mars.
well, i might as well do my shoutouts now

First off to my crew: Fighting eachother was another level of gayness...

Masky: you're crazy dude! 10 hrs drive in one weekend. good stuff though. "kill me..." lol. And your ness is too ****! Dont forget that soon we're gonna be ****** with pikachu ;)

Zergum: You and Gmoneys arguments were too good. Definitely made the ride feel shorter. ::Mind Games::

Harriet: We did well in doubles even though we should at least practice a couple times before entering another tournament. No more cold turkey ****. Still, we managed to pull off some really funky stuff out there. And as for the d-smash, dont worry cuz according to that one guy at the tourney, that gigantic hammer is sexy so in a way my Toon link was sexified.

As for everyone else
Gmoney: "Sandshrew, get back in the water!" too good. I definitely need more fights with your wario cuz i stil havent quite figured out a way to fight warios. (Too jigglypuffy). Thanks a lot for letting us stay at your place and that cake tasted like chocolate with @ssjuice. It still fed me so thanks for that as well :D

GDX: good friendlies. Too bad I didnt get to play your diddy but its all good. As for G&W, i honestly think the best way to get around all the crap i throw is back air. That seemed to work when that other G&W did it. we'd have to look into that.

HRNUT: we still gotta team up for doubles friendlies. (As stated in the thread about the best toon link that ended up with Polmex writing in font size 80. lol) I really wanna see how my toon link does with a marth in the same team. And again, all my recorded matches were lost due to the big, evil blue screen of death. Too homo.

Lizard: your lucas is crazy. We definitely need more little kid fights. Nothing better than two little kids on final destination. lol, i sound like a pedophile.

B_awal: Thanks a lot for the sonic tips. Ill be sure to help out my friends sonic as much as I can. and that match on pirate ship against that kirby was priceless. Good stuff.

Everyone else that i didnt mention, I just cant remember names (Im bad at that). You all made this tournament a lot of fun and it ran quite smoothly. Props for that! See you all hopefully soon.

-The best toon link in Mario Galaxy (according to GMoney)

Klarvic

Smash Apprentice
Imma ***** out my boss if he forces me to open before another **** tourney. I gave him plenty of notice so maybe I'll get noticed and shouted out too :(

Lio, your Toon Link is too good, keep up the good **** brah.

Chess, you better come to the practice Tourneys, I wanna rematch with less dying because I got the foreground death :p (Wii's hacked I tell ya)

HRNut: We need to get some friendlies in Dec. Want to see what you can do.

GDX: Same here

Acorn: Don't stop yelling at HRNut, you're too funny.

LS: I won't run out of jumps next time :p

mkGmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL (for
Okay...

Masky: I really appreciated the ride, man. I can't thank you enough. We've got to do more tourneys in the future. I will never understand how good you are with Ness. XD

Josh: You got me back on that MELEE. Thanks for everything. I just hope Jax wakes up. :027:

LIO: THE BEST TOON LINK IN THE WORLD!!1 It was really fun chilling with you.

Zergum: You're too funny and you did really well at this tourney. I was just kidding with you most of the time. ;)

Tally dudes: There's way too many of you to do individual shoutouts, but all you guys are great and you know it.

Groceries: You suck for not chilling with all of us more. :(

Manko & Co.: You guys are always great to chill with. I'm kinda sad that I only got to play Dan (?). I'm sorry that Neroy distracted you so much in our matches. :(

*********: I do apologize for the way I acted towards the end. Too much stress gets to a guy... You guys know I'm straight with all of you. Thanks for testing my play. I'm already back in the lab (or water if I was a :027:)... Neroy is too good at talking **** as always! :)

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
@Masky: actually your next match was against HolyChef. Which is why he knows about and mentions it. I guess you read the bracket wrong?

Anyway, it was a fun tourney. It seems like every time there's a new improvement, yet at the same time a new thing to wtf over. The music was a huge distraction since it's hard to hear stuff like Snake's explosives or when you've stolen someone's jump. I also had someone tell me (and confirmed by Awal) that we weren't allowed to ban the neutral levels during the random match. If that's the case you might as well go back to striking, cause that's ridiculous.

I'll probably get around to some shout outs when I'm not so lazy (just got off work) but it was good to see CFL again since the last time was while I lived in Tampa.

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts!!!!!

DBS- you did ****ing AWESOME this ****ing tournament, you better make sure you take it next time!!!!

AWAL- A Happy Nick came home to Sonic! XD

JSSN-Didn't get to see you play or play you but w/e D said you did well

Gmoney-Thanks for the awesome friendlies, even though you kicke dmy *** each time, i still had a blast. THanks for teaching me that Grab/release with Zelda, that **** is too good!

HRNUT-Awesome friendlies, thanks for giving me practice with my Zelda, your Snake is awesome

LIO- BEST ****ING TOON LINK i kno, man those friendlies were tight, lets play again some time soon!

GDX- Good matches, you kicked my *** but good matches, ill see you again in DEC. and well rematch!

Acorn- YOu were the life of the party again, that **** was funny! HOpe to see you again soon

TO anyone i forgot, Sorry, but thanks for making it an awesome tournament and ill see you guys next time!

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
@Masky: actually your next match was against HolyChef. Which is why he knows about and mentions it. I guess you read the bracket wrong?

Anyway, it was a fun tourney. It seems like every time there's a new improvement, yet at the same time a new thing to wtf over. The music was a huge distraction since it's hard to hear stuff like Snake's explosives or when you've stolen someone's jump. I also had someone tell me (and confirmed by Awal) that we weren't allowed to ban the neutral levels during the random match. If that's the case you might as well go back to striking, cause that's ridiculous.

I'll probably get around to some shout outs when I'm not so lazy (just got off work) but it was good to see CFL again since the last time was while I lived in Tampa.
Dude, why do you always have something to say?

I apologize for trying to make the venue more enjoyable, but have you ever been to gigs? they play music in the background and no one cares. and who care about the ban nuetrals? its not like lylat is a nuetral here anyway. ANd Masky was set to face Zergum, not Holy Chef, you guys should recheck the bracket.

Klarvic

Smash Apprentice
Dude, why do you always have something to say?

I apologize for trying to make the venue more enjoyable, but have you ever been to gigs? they play music in the background and no one cares. and who care about the ban nuetrals? its not like lylat is a nuetral here anyway. ANd Masky was set to face Zergum, not Holy Chef, you guys should recheck the bracket.
I think he meant banning stages before the first match. I think it makes sense, it's sort of meets on the middle ground for people who do and don't like striking.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
somebody gave HolyChef a bye half way through the tourney then.

I've been to gigs several times, it's noisy due to how massively packed it is. Ask around and I doubt anyone at the tourney liked the music.

Lylat isn't the only neutral level people want to avoid playing you know. Diddys don't like Yoshi Island, ROBs don't like Battle Field, snakes prefer platforms to place C4 on, D3s and ICs avoid platform levels so they can chain grab, etc.

I always have something to say because I thought you guys wanted feedback. Or is the suggestion box just for show?

Top Bottom