• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phase 5 - Jan 30 - Dallas, TX = Dojo / Razer / Gnes = UTD Zac's last tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
Important Notice!​

Don't want to pay the Venue Fee? Bring a full setup and I'll waive the fee.

Full setup includes:
- TV
- Wii + Cables or Gamecube + Cables
- Brawl disc or Melee disc

I also need people to bring SD cards so that I can use them for Brawl Minus. I'll backup the card on my laptop, so you won't lose anything.
got it i'll bring a set up cuz i cant afford a venue atm so this works

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
sorry for the double post but i thought if i attatched this to the post above it would get over looked

I CAN HOUSE TWO or THREE PEOPLE MAX SO IF YOU NEED TO BE HOUSE LET ME KNOW ASAP!

PLEASE AND THANK YOU.

ps i will not house someone who doesnt bathe.

GOT IT!!!!

alright see ya later

Alucard258

Smash Journeyman
I love how people decide they care about bringing setups the moment you waive the venue fee for them doing so. If only we could get it to happen without having to eliminate price.
Ever since this post has been up (or at least for the past few weeks) its said that if you bring a setup the venue fee will been waived.

It's just an added bonus, I'm sure most people would bring a setup anyways to ensure a smooth tourney and lots of friendlies.

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
I CAN HOUSE TWO or THREE PEOPLE MAX SO IF YOU NEED TO BE HOUSE LET ME KNOW ASAP!

PLEASE AND THANK YOU.

ps i will not house someone who doesnt bathe in other words no smelly people

GOT IT!!!!

alright see ya later

-=Untamed-Beast=-

Smash Journeyman
QUESTION:

Is there going to be free internet access?

There is of course the live broadcast, so that = internet access... but is it free?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I forget if this has already been discussed: Will there be a Livestream at this?

=BLUE=

Smash Rookie
Well, my buddy Ghetto is gonna be there, so I'm excited at the possibility of him being in the finals. Thanks for hosting!

Ladybug

Smash Lord
One: the post about the free venue has only been up since this week. I know, I was there when Zac talked to me about it.

Two: no, people don't bring setups to bring setups. Last time we had 5 tvs. And there were 30 people there.

Three: there is internet access but it is not strong enough to hold a stream. There are lan ports, but we do not know if they work. If they don't there will be no stream.

Four: How later is later? If it isn't viable to the tournament (that's the whole point) then probably not.

Five: so no one asks, if you do not enter anything there is no venue fee. Venue is only for tournament players, melee singles doubles, brawl singles doubles and brawl- and any other tournament. Friendlies are free. This is how it will be UNLESS I DON'T GET THE VENUE COST BACK. If a whole bunch of people show up but I don't make the cost back, I'm charging everyone.

NNID
Budget_Player
Why is a huge Brawl-lover like Zac quitting?

Also:

Melee Bounty List
Darkrain - $50 (payed by the man himself)

I should go since Sheik ***** Falcon...
I want to know this too, but I have sort of a rough idea...

You have to bring all three of the items listed. No TV = Not Full Setup.

I think only SD cards 2 GB or smaller will work.
Yeah, has to be an SD card with 2GB or less.

We plan on being there at 2:30ish. So we'll be there for most of it.

EDIT: we don't need homebrew or anything on our wii's to run brawl- do we?
AFAIK, Stack Smash does not run with PSA hacks. At least, we don't have Stacksmash set up... you're going to need it modded somehow, although actually modding the wii itself is a matter of 5 minutes and a swap of the private folder on the SD card.

PurDi

Smash Journeyman
AFAIK, Stack Smash does not run with PSA hacks. At least, we don't have Stacksmash set up... you're going to need it modded somehow, although actually modding the wii itself is a matter of 5 minutes and a swap of the private folder on the SD card.
Yup, that's what I thought. Well, my wii isn't modded but I'll let you guys if ya want, I just don't know how. I'll bring my extra sd cards also.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Fantastic tournament, guys. It was awesome to see everyone again (ARC, Jesusfreak, Poot, Rage, Bluezaft, Zac, Bwett, the Kirby Kids, Hylian, etc etc too many etcs.)

Congrats to the hosts for cramming way too many people and way too many TVs into the venue.

Jo0

Smash Cadet
Lol today was fun. Got my meta knight worked on. didn't progress well in the tourny, but I enjoyed it none the less. I might do double the next phase I go to.

-=Untamed-Beast=-

Smash Journeyman
FUN! My first tourney and I had so much fun! :D

I won my first tourney match ever! lol But I lost both regular/winners and losers sets. Ah well, I played a good deal of friendlies with several people and I enjoyed myself. :D I won at least one match against everyone I played! ...except for the losers bracket set.

btw, I was WEB. If you faced me and see this let me know so I can see more people in Texas on the boards. :D and I may have been registered under the name 'WED'... lol. It's not easy to hear the difference between 'B' and 'D' in all the noise.

EDIT: Also, thanks for banning Rainbow Cruise against my GaW. ;) I've NEVER played a competitive, and I might have only placed one or two EVER in Brawl. XD In the first see (DRAKE, wasn't it?) you were getting advice to ban it against me. I didn't care because I had never played there and had no intentions to go.
In my losers set it got banned again, and this time I had to fight back a smile. XD

I guess I'll have to play there sometime, LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom