• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pharaoh's Judgment Live stream will be available! ALLY, HOLY, SWORDGARD, TIN MAN

LooftWaffles

Smash Journeyman
Right.

Stop being a pot feeder instead? Im just saying, your taking the problem the wrong way. You really should be looking into ways to improve instead.

Done.

In the meantime, dont expect me to waste 20 bucks to play a minimum of 2 sets rather than 7 with the chance of making the bracket.

swordgard

Smash Hero
I'm in the same position as Avarice then. I've been going to tournaments just as long as Avarice has. Granted, he's probably been going longer, and gone to more. I have quite literally no one of skill to play against. The only reason I have two people coming with me to this tournament is that I've been playing my one friend in hopes of giving me some competition here. Problem is, I'm consistently beating him because I know his Olimar, very, very well. And if that's what's going on, I have no one to play at all.

The second person, hell. He's too stubborn to improve. He thinks what he's doing is flawless, but whatever. Not my problem. I try to help him, it just doesnt work all the time.

As for the original topic, due to me being in a butt**** no where town, in the middle of no where. Two hours away from the GTA, I have no one to play. I don't mean to start any ****, but things like this bother me. People like myself NEED pools in order to feel we're getting a full experience. To improve. To feel like we're not throwing away X amount of gas money, 30 bucks for a tournament and X amount for food.

All in all, I think pools should happen. I'm done ranting.
Come to my hotel room instead then : P. Just bring a TV so we can play and I can assure you you will learn much faster than in pools.

swordgard

Smash Hero
I mean, I am fairly certain there will be pools at this considering the amount of time. I don't see a reason not to have pools, I just find it ridiculous to be pissed at the TO if there are no pools because you don't get to play enough tourney matches when the issue lies within your skill level.

Patches

Smash Master
All I was saying SG, is that pools are ideal for people like myself who don`t have that option.

As for your offer, I can`t even do that due to a lack of money. I`ll be sure to play you, at the tournament though.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
swordgard, looftwaffles trains. He's trained with me. Call it whatever u want, he did it, and I saw it. I'm just saying, don't **** on his effort, i know he makes the effort from 1st hand experience.

And how many times have I said there will be pools at this. I have the pools sheet on my laptop right now (just made it yesterday :p)

swordgard

Smash Hero
swordgard, looftwaffles trains. He's trained with me. Call it whatever u want, he did it, and I saw it. I'm just saying, don't **** on his effort, i know he makes the effort from 1st hand experience.

And how many times have I said there will be pools at this. I have the pools sheet on my laptop right now (just made it yesterday :p)
I mean, I can't say hes not training, I was not there. Maybe hes not training the right way then.

And patches, there is always wifi if anything. It takes a ****load more dedication though, while shredding your patience to pieces at the same time. Also, how does money prevent you from coming to my hotel room but not to the tourney O.o. I mean you could stay at my hotel room I wouldn't make you pay so thats kind of not an issue.

Patches

Smash Master
And patches, there is always wifi if anything. It takes a ****load more dedication though, while shredding your patience to pieces at the same time. Also, how does money prevent you from coming to my hotel room but not to the tourney O.o. I mean you could stay at my hotel room I wouldn't make you pay so thats kind of not an issue.
I dunno. I'm tired. XD
I might take you up on that, if you dont mind me bringing two other people, or even just my Olimar friend. I'll let you know.

But as for Wifi, that is what I do. That's where all of my DDD v Snake match up experience comes from. ****ing Snakes. I hate them. GaW's worst match up...

I'm still angry at you tin. :U

swordgard

Smash Hero
I dunno. I'm tired. XD
I might take you up on that, if you dont mind me bringing two other people, or even just my Olimar friend. I'll let you know.

But as for Wifi, that is what I do. That's where all of my DDD v Snake match up experience comes from. ****ing Snakes. I hate them. GaW's worst match up...

I'm still angry at you tin. :U
Can you bring a TV? If so I just gotta check if mtl has housing but yeah I wouldn't mind if you brought 2 other people.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Just wanted to say that I firmly believe there's not a single person in the world that plays this game and is at a level where they absolutely require competition to get any improvement. If you don't have access to competition than study the facts about the game, the stages, and your character instead. What moves can you punish out of shield guaranteed? Out of Power Shield? Out of a whiff? Learn all the stage-specific AT's. Practice any strict-timing techniques your character has (IC's CG, Falco SHDL, D3 buffered standing pivot-grab, etc.) because all of these things require practice to stay consistent, no matter how experienced you are. Even just watch videos of top players. I know a lot of brawl players have given up watching brawl videos because their boring or they don't expect anything new, but honestly there's been a ton of new tricks popping up recently.

Competition will help greatly, but really there's lots of things you can do without access to it.

Iliad

Smash Lord
Yannick, all this trolling is irrelevant. I'm going to ****ing **** you in brackets anyways.

Yeah. I said it.

And googs, whats with this "Swordgard might take this" did Ally and Holy drop out? Cause he's not beating either of them.

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
Yannick, all this trolling is irrelevant. I'm going to ****ing **** you in brackets anyways.

Yeah. I said it.

And googs, whats with this "Swordgard might take this" did Ally and Holy drop out? Cause he's not beating either of them.
This guy, this is the guy I missed most while I was gone, and for reasons like this response.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
Even just watch videos of top players. I know a lot of brawl players have given up watching brawl videos because their boring or they don't expect anything new, but honestly there's been a ton of new tricks popping up recently.
Yeah man, MK has a lot of new tricks going for him, like jumping on the ledge for the entire match and nadoing as the opponent approaches. That seems to win a lot!

yeah this, im not bashin on SG's skill theres no denying that hes good, but i am pretty sure that when Brose was at his peak he was better.
just IMO

ive started replaying brawl again, who wants to wifi with a dial up speed wifi in EGYPT? Come on guys train me!!!!

edit: yo gi is it ok if i get there 12 15 or so

swordgard

Smash Hero
Yeah man, MK has a lot of new tricks going for him, like jumping on the ledge for the entire match and nadoing as the opponent approaches. That seems to win a lot!

yeah this, im not bashin on SG's skill theres no denying that hes good, but i am pretty sure that when Brose was at his peak he was better.
just IMO

ive started replaying brawl again, who wants to wifi with a dial up speed wifi in EGYPT? Come on guys train me!!!!

lol.

I don't remember brose ever placing anywhere as high. I mean, the only thing he ever did that I did not was win in ics dittoes -.-. You have the right to your opinion, but it is very poorly backed up as I have many more achievements than ambrose ever did. Even at his peak, ambrose frequently lost to GTAs top players, and placed 33rd at apex 1 where the competition was all not so great. You could try to argue that he was placing higher back then than I am now, but arguing that he was better like 1 year ago than I am now is just plain biased considering how I outplaced his best national placing where there were considerably more players with a higher skill average overall. But hey, its your opinion.

Ally is frankly not that hard to play against compared to holy for me, but I don't think hes going to show up. When I don't even train I can bring him to last stock and get grabs on that stock(and miss them : D). I legitimately hope I am lucky enough to take a set off holy and TO joe finishes him in losers. I can sometimes take a set, but I can never seem to finish him off for good(except at that 1 tourney at KKongs but meh). Don't think Il be taking this, but I sure as hell will try harder than I have for any other tourneys before, we'l see how that goes.

Also iliad, I don't know if il even bother trying ics vs you tbh, I really don't like marth vs ics. I would rather take the easy road and go snake more than likely. I encourage you to go falco like you wanted to, falco is much easier than marth for snake too. Either way, I think you mistake "trolling" with just not lying to make people happy.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Tin Man, it's a crt. I'm also quite literally where Weston ends and North York begins - which one I'm actually in depends on who you ask - just north of Oak Street/Gary Drive/Whatever it's called further on. Its name changes like 6 times.

Also, Gard, I can see what I can do about bringing a TV with me. I think there's a smaller one in my garage I might be able to carry with me. If the hotel has flat-screens, though, I have a component cable, which reduces the lag to only 1 or 2 frames. Just give me a time and a place.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
lol.

I don't remember brose ever placing anywhere as high. I mean, the only thing he ever did that I did not was win in ics dittoes -.-. You have the right to your opinion, but it is very poorly backed up as I have many more achievements than ambrose ever did. Even at his peak, ambrose frequently lost to GTAs top players, and placed 33rd at apex 1 where the competition was all not so great. You could try to argue that he was placing higher back then than I am now, but arguing that he was better like 1 year ago than I am now is just plain biased considering how I outplaced his best national placing where there were considerably more players with a higher skill average overall. But hey, its your opinion.

Ally is frankly not that hard to play against compared to holy for me, but I don't think hes going to show up. When I don't even train I can bring him to last stock and get grabs on that stock(and miss them : D). I legitimately hope I am lucky enough to take a set off holy and TO joe finishes him in losers. I can sometimes take a set, but I can never seem to finish him off for good(except at that 1 tourney at KKongs but meh). Don't think Il be taking this, but I sure as hell will try harder than I have for any other tourneys before, we'l see how that goes.

Also iliad, I don't know if il even bother trying ics vs you tbh, I really don't like marth vs ics. I would rather take the easy road and go snake more than likely. I encourage you to go falco like you wanted to, falco is much easier than marth for snake too. Either way, I think you mistake "trolling" with just not lying to make people happy.
relax bro i based my data on when i played you on GB (yeah yeah yeah wifi etc etc, i know, but it was a very clean connection) and when i played ambrose, i simply thought that back in the day when Brose was at his peak he was just better with ICs.
and the fact that you place higher than Brose you cant really compare MTL's scene with GTA's scene, and by the time Brose went to Apex i am pretty sure that was when he was getting sick of brawl. we had a whole chat about it in the brosemobile when he drove me home.

but whatever what does it matter what i think, like you said you place higher and have more achievements.

anyway, Joe said he might not even show up.
and i am actually going to legitly practice for this and get serious, so dont count me out either.
i feel pumped for this, especially since there is much less effin MK stupidity than there usually is in an average tournament.
i aint gonna lie this is the first time im excited to brawl in maybe a year.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Just wanted to say that I firmly believe there's not a single person in the world that plays this game and is at a level where they absolutely require competition to get any improvement. If you don't have access to competition than study the facts about the game, the stages, and your character instead. What moves can you punish out of shield guaranteed? Out of Power Shield? Out of a whiff? Learn all the stage-specific AT's. Practice any strict-timing techniques your character has (IC's CG, Falco SHDL, D3 buffered standing pivot-grab, etc.) because all of these things require practice to stay consistent, no matter how experienced you are. Even just watch videos of top players. I know a lot of brawl players have given up watching brawl videos because their boring or they don't expect anything new, but honestly there's been a ton of new tricks popping up recently.

Competition will help greatly, but really there's lots of things you can do without access to it.
^^^ ThisThisThis OMG This ^^^

Yeah. I said it.

Do you wanna fight Swordgard in brackets?

just IMO

If your entering doubles, the latest time you will be allowed to show up is 12pm.

lol.

I'm better than ambrose...

I hope I don't have to fight Holy...

Just to confirm for people, Ally is not going to this tourney.

Swordgard, would u agree to fighting Iliad in brackets?

Also, I plan on trying my hardest to take this tourney ;)

Tin Man, it's a crt. I'm also quite literally where Weston ends and North York begins - which one I'm actually in depends on who you ask - just north of Oak Street/Gary Drive/Whatever it's called further on. Its name changes like 6 times.

Also, Gard, I can see what I can do about bringing a TV with me. I think there's a smaller one in my garage I might be able to carry with me. If the hotel has flat-screens, though, I have a component cable, which reduces the lag to only 1 or 2 frames. Just give me a time and a place.
Bring that small TV with you to the tourney. I assume its like 13"?

Looks like there might be a smashfest at Swordgards place the friday before the tourney xD

Cruxis

Smash Lord
oh come on tin its just barely 15 mins later after 12 ppl still havnt done shit by then and you know how efficient i am in my matches, as soon as i get in i start playin no BS, hell i bet if i am even 20 minutes late i can still catch up with everybody and even go ahead of them

and tin, make sure that illiad faces ME in brackets

Tin Man

Smash Hero
oh come on tin its just barely 15 mins later after 12 ppl still havnt done shit by then and you know how efficient i am in my matches, as soon as i get in i start playin no BS, hell i bet if i am even 20 minutes late i can still catch up with everybody and even go ahead of them

and tin, make sure that illiad faces ME in brackets
doors open at 10
registration is 10:30
registration 11:30
events begin at 12

Do what you can to get there on time. 12 is a half hour stretch already. 12:15 is pushing it...

Perhaps since ur the pharaoh, might as well wait 15 minutes, but thats it! Gotta finish this thing by 10pm =/

I'll do what I can to satisfy certain matchups. It looks like Iliad would have to pick between swordgard and u at this point tho =/.

Also

SMASHFEST AT MY HOUSE THIS SUNDAY FROM 10AM-4PM. PM ME FOR ADDRESS

Darkshadow96

Smash Journeyman
If I am attending(85% likely) I will bring a Wii. Y'all better not effing thief it :p.

Also, you guys had two Kirby's right? Rhyme and who else?

Gichan

Smash Champion
Thanks Tin. You got your answer pharoah, no doubles come at 12pm. At least make the effort for 12pm and not 12:15pm so in case you are running late you show up 15 minutes later.

Ah so holy ain't sleeping over at my place, what to do with fri night...

-Googs

Smash Lord
I said yannick was going to beat mprime in the MM, but it was going to be a good match.
Learn to read guys, If anyones taking this it's obviously me.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Oh, if Patches brings a TV with him to your hotel room I'll come for some practice for sure.

Patches

Smash Master
Oh, if Patches brings a TV with him to your hotel room I'll come for some practice for sure.
Yeah. I'm gonna see what I can do for that. If I manage to bring the TV to the hotel, then +1 for our tourney.

I'll probably know in a couple of days.

@SG: Do you know which hotel you're staying at? It would make transportation for me 10 times easier.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Uh more probably the metropolitan toronto, if not then the delta. Almost positive metropolitan though.

Also I just learned that I will also be housing DarkShadow since hes allergic to cats too. Dunnow how thats gonna turn out depending on how many tvs we have. Attendance cap for my smashfest is 8. Darkshadow+friends(probably 2 I believe) have priority, followed by patches+friends. Gotta check how many of darkshadow's crew are garanteed to come first.

Mprime

Smash Ace
I said yannick was going to beat mprime in the MM, but it was going to be a good match.
Learn to read guys, If anyones taking this it's obviously me.
if by Yannik you mean SG then i completely agree with what ur sayn. and if yannik is not SGs real name or something well then, who the **** is Yannik?

Cruxis

Smash Lord
tin this aint gonna finish by 10pm i have never in my life seen a tourney with more than 30 entrants finish by 10.
actually, i HAVE seen it, but it was a certain tourney in a certain place that begins with a b and ends with a rampton and they had to make it single elimination and only top 16 and it is considered the biggest fail tourney of the GTA so yeah.

if u can legitly get this to finish at 10 and run things smoothly then i want you to marry my future daughter if i have one

and ok i will do my best guys but busses are gay especially from markham, basically i arrive at my last stop at like 11:55 and then its a 15 min walk to the venue
if i go super saiyan then i can be there in 5 mins but i will be ***ken dying because i am not a good runner im more of a weight lifter so i will just jog i hope it isnt cold, speaking of the weather is it starting to warm up around there? hopefully it aint like -20 still when the tourney rolls around

swordgard

Smash Hero
Get pool captains, threaten to DQ people, everything runs smoothly then. Nobody effing does their match last in their pools all at once, that slows down pools considerably. Then itl be fine.

-Googs

Smash Lord
Well whoever is not allergic to cats is welcome to stay in whitby. Depending what time my bus comes, I can also make it to your hotel sg and if I can make it to your hotel I can obviously bring a t.v or 2

Patches

Smash Master
Sounds good. SG.

Like I said before though. Once you know for sure, let me know. I'll talk about this to my ride tonight. Once I get an answer from her, I'll talk to you on MSN.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
Get pool captains, threaten to DQ people, everything runs smoothly then. Nobody effing does their match last in their pools all at once, that slows down pools considerably. Then itl be fine.
oh if only it were that simple, people are always being threatened to be DQed i have seen it all the time, nothin happens.

the only time ive seen pools run faster is always in my pool where i threaten to kick whoevers *** if they dont play their damn matches

yo culex mm me

also i am up to MM people with my wolf only if they use their secondary as well

Top Bottom