• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phantom Hits Tournament Southampton : 10th-11th April Inertia's not Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
Jo3, if you do something this weekend I'm free (and in Leeds pretty close to Bolton) - I'd really like to come over and play you guys! Also, why are you talking about this in the Southampton tourney thread? :p

voilentjack

Smash Journeyman
i posted saying i didnt know ,
:D

learn to read ppl

+ i dont know the doug anyway

Craig: lool , you got a problem with me or something

Prof: your obviously silentwolf !

craiigg

Smash Lord
until you man up and actually reply to what i say on msn instead of pretending you're not there then yeah i do

voilentjack

Smash Journeyman
lol i never hardly reply anyways(to anyone)

what is so important

you want to talk to me on msn about huh ?

is it serious

what is it lol

J03

Smash Master
dacacia: how long you in leeds for? firstly coz chaz is also at leeds so you guys should play. secondly i dunno if anyone can make it this weekend so if just you showed up i dunno if youd have a good time getting destroyed by me all weekend =/.

and i posted here because im too stoned to find my thread

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
I'm up in Leeds until the 19th, with a few days out of the middle when I'm going back down to Southampton (for the tournament this thread is actually about - on topic, woo!)
I played a few games with him the other day, but Chaz is back in manchester for the duration of the time I'm up here - **** unis having similar holiday dates.
Well keep me posted if anything does happen this weekend, or if you guys plan on doing anything else before I head back down south - I'm not really doing anything this holiday so I'm free basically whenever, and I'm always up for getting beaten horribly and repeatedly by people much better than me.

And I accept your reason for posting in our thread.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
hmm .

PS. lol okies

actually Alan, Aiko, Blinky and box (+Chaz but i think hes in germany =o): fancy coming to bolton this weekend coming 3rd-5th. Ill kick start the ranbats again and be at the top again =/. ive been practicing for germany and although its not happening im still in massive form atm and wanna paste you guys with my awesome skillz.

Also any other peeps are invited granted numberous people from the above list wanna come (or just Aiko or Box because there my <3) i mean peeps like sonic/ste and that nathan lad.

thirdly this will be a warm-up for mid april, when a certain french superstar will be arriving in manchester for 3 months, NO not Eric Cantona
but Darko, the BEST falcon is france. It's also worth noting that when i beat you all with falcon i'm going to proclaim myself the best falcon in the UK, and take darko on in a head to head UK vs France falcon ditto.

Lastly im hoping to set up a few events when darko is around so he can get a nice grasp on UK smash. most will just be smashfests but im hoping to host a mini tourney and do my best to get some of the Uk top 10 up here in bolton. I realise the impossibility of this task so im prolly gonna announce something directly after April 20th when every gets their uni monehs and will want something to spend it on =P
Joe- are you coming or not? If not then talk about this sort of stuff in one of the NW threads please.

Dacacia- At the moment our phone line isn't working and I don't know when it's getting fixed. I have my mobile but no home phone and no internet access. I'm having to use a library which is open Mon, Wed and Friday and only 1 hour per session. Me and inertia are getting things sorted for the tournament. IM GONNA PHONE HIM TONIGHT IN FACT (GOT CAPS STUCK SOMEHOW :embarrass) I EXPECT ILL MAKE A LIST OF SETUPS AND TVS SO YOU ALL KNOW WHERE WE STAND. I DONT KNOW IF INERTIAS BUSY BUT HE SEEMS TO BE COMING ONLINE A LOT LESS SO ILL TRY AND KEEP THIS THREAD UPDATED.

YEN- ITS ON SAT THE 11th of April but you can come on the 10th which would prob be better for you as the tournament will start early.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Please excuse the double post but I needed to bump the thread.

TVs-
Me - 2
Inertia - 1
Dac -1

only 4 atm lol. No need to worry though as we WILL get hold of some more if required. I'm going to ask if any of you are able to bring TVs can you let me know, this will of course be a huge help.

Setups-
Me- 1
Inertia- 1
Pick- 1
Dac- 1

Again we'll be needing at least a few people able to bring a setup (Gamecube/Wii + cables + Melee + Memory card). I rekon about 8 or 9 should be ample but we'll see.

Again if you can or are bringing a TV, COULD YOU PLEASE EITHER POST OR LET ME KNOW.

as far as recording goes we don't have any equipment besides a camera unfortunately. On the plus side there should be a projector available for the finals.

VA

Smash Hero
projectors sometimes lag, and usually in tournaments they play on a TV that is hooked up to a projector for other people to view. also, who is going to this? is anyone going to be there. and 4 TV's is a bit of a joke...who's house am I supposed to be staying at.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Va- not sure about that, the projector isn't for the players so much as the audience.

4 TVs obviously isn't what we're going to eventually have if you read my post. Also I think Inertia might be able to bring 2 if he can get a car but I don't know if he can or not :ohwell:
You'll most likely be staying at Inertias house or Dacacias house ok?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Yeah that one was pretty obvious lol. Many people watch South Park. Infact I was just gonna watch it on some website lol.

Bullet Bill is still the disgrace of the community.

VA

Smash Hero
Yeah I was saying exactly that about the projector and also I thought you were saying that you would get more TV's if they were required. Anyway, doesn't matter. Is Inertia's mobile number in the first post I can't be bothered to check.

lismore

Smash Cadet
For anyone who gets really lost or needs help on the day phone me on 07732947152 (feel free to prank call me right now in fact ;)).
There's your number VA (in first post lol). Also just because ppl haven't posted in this thread recently that they're definately coming to this doesn't mean no-one is going (although I completely understand you wanting to know that a decent amount of ppl will deffo be there - it's kinda hard to get ppl to confirm for these sorts of things as often they are somewhat...hesitant lol.

Few questions Inertia: is there definately gonna be somewhere to park for free/relatively low cost close to the venue, cus MDS and me (that's the two Bristolians in case u didn't know) will be driving down early on Saturday morning and back after the tourney finishes if we decide to go (which we most probably will btw). Also, I could bring an entire setup (TV, GC + Melee) if we do go. Would u want me to? Finally, I really hope a decent amount of ppl are planning to go to this (cus as VA said not many have confirmed, including me which makes me a massive hypocrite :ohwell:) cus it cud be really fun with good numbers.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
You should defintely bring a TV as that would be really helpful. I'm not a tourn host for his but I am pretty sure they wouldn't turn down a TV and Setup.
Is there any chance of matches being recorded. I heard before someone saying something about bringing a Dazzle but haven't heard much after that.
Lismore how many people do you think you could bring out of your friends cos it would be really good for you to bring any of your friends.

lismore

Smash Cadet
Yeah Pro I'd like there to be more than two of us from Bristol going but unfortunately MDS and I are the only smashers that really take the game seriously and want to get better - we play with quite a few other people who aren't exactly bad but don't have the motivation to get better and go to things like this - hence they really can't compete with us or make us better, so we just play with each-other for hours and hours (and hours lol) and get better that way but it's nothing like playing people that are better than us and also the variety u get from playing lots of different ppl at a tourney like this. So yeah we really wanna go if we can. And if we go I'll being not only a setup but also the recording equipment u speak of (which i happen to possess :)).

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, all set-ups are greatly appreciated, and if you can bring recording equipment that would be equally sweet. There is definitly free parking at the university, and since this is happening over a holiday I'm guessing there'll be barely anyone else there, so that really shouldn't be a problem.

Also, at whoever it was that was talking about the projector, that would be for observers - the actual players would still get a proper TV to play on, but it's just cooler to watch good games on a large projector.

Also, 100th post! Woo!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Yeah Pro I'd like there to be more than two of us from Bristol going but unfortunately MDS and I are the only smashers that really take the game seriously and want to get better - we play with quite a few other people who aren't exactly bad but don't have the motivation to get better and go to things like this - hence they really can't compete with us or make us better, so we just play with each-other for hours and hours (and hours lol) and get better that way but it's nothing like playing people that are better than us and also the variety u get from playing lots of different ppl at a tourney like this. So yeah we really wanna go if we can. And if we go I'll being not only a setup but also the recording equipment u speak of (which i happen to possess :)).
Yeah you defintely have a great attitude for smash which is one of the key elements needed for someone to improve in the game. Who do you main btw and hopefully we can have a few serious sets with each other so I can give you advice on how to improve and I can help anyonelse you bring along iswell.
That would be VERY great if you could bring record equipment and would an important element for the entertainment for a match lol. Do you have any idea how to connect it to a gamecube and stuff and connect it to the laptop or whatever it is saved on cos I have no idea lol.

lismore

Smash Cadet
Cheers Dacacia, we'll most likely be coming then. Pro, I'm a Fox main so i'm sure u can offer some advice LOL. Yeah your fox is very impressive in a lot of areas. My tech skill especially (but general play as well) has come on A LOT since the last tourney i went to a few months ago, so it'll be interesting to play you, VA and others and see how I compare. I also play Falco, Peach and Marth (i'm a big fan of having a good diversity of characters you can pull out in tournaments for counterpick stages etc) but it's Fox all the way really for me. :)

As for the recording, I've got Dazzle hardware and software plus a splitter and all the wires u need to record scart stuff onto laptop (including Melee obviously), so I can hook it up to any TV np - I'd deffo record any sets i did with u Pro for example :) If someone's got a mic then we mite be able to do commentary as well, although i think it'd be a bit annoying cus u'd have to do it on a separate program and sync it later (doable tho i think).

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Cheers Dacacia, we'll most likely be coming then. Pro, I'm a Fox main so i'm sure u can offer some advice LOL. Yeah your fox is very impressive in a lot of areas. My tech skill especially (but general play as well) has come on A LOT since the last tourney i went to a few months ago, so it'll be interesting to play you, VA and others and see how I compare. I also play Falco, Peach and Marth (i'm a big fan of having a good diversity of characters you can pull out in tournaments for counterpick stages etc) but it's Fox all the way really for me. :)
Yeah I wouldn't mind helping you out since your character is right up my alley lol. You should have fun at this tourn cos everyone would be helping and it will give you an idea of how you are placed in the UK and what type of level you are at by playing all different people. Have you played anyone from this website yet or is this your first time meeting everyone .

As for the recording, I've got Dazzle hardware and software plus a splitter and all the wires u need to record scart stuff onto laptop (including Melee obviously), so I can hook it up to any TV np - I'd deffo record any sets i did with u Pro for example :) If someone's got a mic then we mite be able to do commentary as well, although i think it'd be a bit annoying cus u'd have to do it on a separate program and sync it later (doable tho i think).
That is too good to know you have that and would be super helpful for the tourn as vidoes always help to advertise the UK people and show new people what we are like. Plus I think we all want to watch our matches properly after as we don't get a good like while we play lol.
I would defintely have a few sets with you and get them recorded so atleast when I give you advice you can look back at what you did and threw vidoes you can see your progress overtime.
The microphone would be a big help to so I can ask anyonf if they have that. Commentary always brings entertainmemnt to matches lol and this time I wanna commentary as I have never done it before.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
he said he was at a tournament a few months ago so I dont think this is his first time meeting everyone.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Nah he didn't Andrew Aidoo lol.

kl pdot. Unfortantely my prayer yesterday for you dying painful and hard hasn't come true since you are back. I hate you...even though I love you baby I still hate you and want you to die hard and soon.

lismore

Smash Cadet
I've been to both Global Gaming tournies and that's it so yeah i've played some of the people on here before but tbh the first tourney was just experience at playing other people at all in a tournament environment as i'd only just started learning and implementing advanced techs into my game and at the second one even tho i'd got a lot better i still wasn't even l-cancelling consistently or waveshining even and imo the nature of spacies is that you can only start to improve your overall game (mindgames etc) if you have a very solid foundation of tech skill, which i feel i've just about got now (for example, being able to shffl all aerials consistently with shines inbetween, waveshining backwards, dshl's, shff lasers Jman style, stuff like that) so i'm looking forward to applying that stuff against different opponents and not getting ***** by marth's grabs/peach's d-smashes just cus I can't l-cancel a n-air if ya know what i mean.

My teams and training partner MacDaddySpecial is a Marth main but he also plays Falcon and a bit of sheik and he's got a lot better as well since the last tourney so all in all this shud be good for us. Also i can probs bring a mic so don't worry about that, tho im still not 100% sure we'll be able to do it we'll have to wait and see.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I've been to both Global Gaming tournies and that's it so yeah i've played some of the people on here before but tbh the first tourney was just experience at playing other people at all in a tournament environment as i'd only just started learning and implementing advanced techs into my game and at the second one even tho i'd got a lot better i still wasn't even l-cancelling consistently or waveshining even and imo the nature of spacies is that you can only start to improve your overall game (mindgames etc) if you have a very solid foundation of tech skill, which i feel i've just about got now (for example, being able to shffl all aerials consistently with shines inbetween, waveshining backwards, dshl's, shff lasers Jman style, stuff like that) so i'm looking forward to applying that stuff against different opponents and not getting ***** by marth's grabs/peach's d-smashes just cus I can't l-cancel a n-air if ya know what i mean.

My teams and training partner MacDaddySpecial is a Marth main but he also plays Falcon and a bit of sheik and he's got a lot better as well since the last tourney so all in all this shud be good for us. Also i can probs bring a mic so don't worry about that, tho im still not 100% sure we'll be able to do it we'll have to wait and see.
I didn't know you were at GGT lol. That means I have proabably seen you before then. Did you get to play me at any of the events.
Yeah I see you have a decent amount of knowledge about the game so far and it seems like you are heading in right direction. All you need to do now is to put them skill into real life gameplay against different people.

Do you have Msn btw?

lismore

Smash Cadet
Yeah i don't think i ever played u in singles, but maybe in doubles once with Fuzzy as well. Also my tag is L-J in smash (second name's Lismore-John so ppl call me Lismore and L-J) so it's easier to remember me by that (might just create a new profile with that name actually). My MSN is 'richard.lismore-john@hotmail.co.uk' if u wanna add me. I'm actually pretty knowledgeable about Melee u'd probs be surprised (not on the M2K level of knowing what to do at each exact percent against every character lol but still pretty deep ;)

VA

Smash Hero
lismore is fairly decent at smash with good potential, unfortunately he's really inexperienced and probably lacking direction in improving. Could be good though. Lismore just get as many games you can against the top players and take advice openly. You almost got through pools at GGT2 it was insanely close in my pool (with the exception of me 2-0ing everyone) but the rest of you were very even.

VA

Smash Hero
are you saying you as in you lismore or you vanity angel?

tamoo might have got a game off me but he looked away from the screen for 0.5 of a second and was dead.

Tamoo

Smash Master
yeah, talking bout lismore
and wtf was i doing looking away from the screen lool!
i think i was like 2 stock to 1 up or sumthing and i heard some cheering and i look back and i was dead haha. Ur too good at punishment VA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom