• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phantom Hits Tournament Southampton : 10th-11th April Inertia's not Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Alright thanks, last question, what time on the saturday will this finish? :)

ohh and im so confused! what time is it!? As in the time now=/ i have like 4 clocks here all saying different things lol

VA

Smash Hero
I think I'm going but people have forgotten about me, which I see as a good thing. It'll be AR2 all over again.

Also: in regards to housing, me and beast need some. where do we get it?

VA

Smash Hero
Well I don't think people take me into consideration as a threat. It's good for me, bad for them.

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
In terms of housing, I'm not sure exactly how everyone's getting split up, but we have four houses, so should be able to accomodate everyone. I'm gonna be in Southampton from the Wednesday of that week, so anyone that has to arrive early for whatever reason can stay at mine, and any arrival time on the 10th is fine by me.

At intertia or Ben, how many set-ups do we currently have? I can only provide the one TV, but I can bring down my Gamecube as well as my Wii if that's any help. I've still only got one copy of melee though. And do we have any way of getting the TV from my house to the uni?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Well I don't think people take me into consideration as a threat. It's good for me, bad for them.
loool Isit just because of what J03 said the other day.
Well prove them wrong anyway. Except me of course:bee:

Can you give any names of these people who don't find you a threat lol.

i need to find out who's coming on the coach with me, there was 9 tickets spare

can you guys list names please
I thought that you booked me a ticket anyway:confused: so ain't I coming on the coach with you anyway.

VA

Smash Hero
charles was just being a **** on msn. he just likes trying to make other people feel like crap so it's easier for him to win. he's a slightly more eloquent chrisboi

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
rofl craigg, anyway i just want to be reminded who said they're coming on the coach cause i didn't write up anything

Prof pro, tamoo's crew = ?????

Tamoo

Smash Master
I think the 9 London smashers were:
Professor Pro
Edwin
TC
Tamoo
Frugs
Davoo
JPM
Cheez

Which is actually 8 ppl so i think uve got a ticket spare

Edit: Does King know bout this tournament, cos he'd usually be up for something like this?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
charles was just being a **** on msn. he just likes trying to make other people feel like crap so it's easier for him to win. he's a slightly more eloquent chrisboi
loool Charles always does stuff like that so if he wins he feels better. Like when he was saying that the Fox vs Marth is in foxes favour by alot so that if he wins he can say that the matchup wasn't in foxes favour so he shouldn't have won when it clearly isn't in his favour by alot lol.
What specific comments was he saying anyway, stuff like you not being top 5 lol?

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
im saying that he dosent play against good people all the time and dosen't know what to expect really

there's nothing demotivating in that, it's true

VA

Smash Hero
and my point was that I've never practiced against good people (except in canada) and my most dramatic improvement was probably between GGT and GGT2 when I just made myself a lot more consistant. I know how I improve and it has nothing to do with regular practice, being as I am pretty experienced it would only make me more used to specific styles of play :/

VA

Smash Hero
hmm, she needs less work. I think as I get further in tournaments I'll use Peach more.

craiigg

Smash Lord
"voilentjack

get out.

and charles you need to get used to the UK m2k-esque title. you win, but noone wants you to :suess:

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
"less work" gl winning tournaments with peach, its a lot harder
Yeah I agree. I don't think anyone will be winning a tourn with peach in the UK anytime soon lol.

i dont think i know a peach that ever won a tournament ever ? :/
I think some people have in US and doug as someone said earlier.

obviously. You can't have played UK melee for long without knowing Doug.
I don't know him, i've heard of him. Guess I haven't played this game for long.....wow I **** already then.

"voilentjack

get out.

and charles you need to get used to the UK m2k-esque title. you win, but noone wants you to :suess:
lol VA wanted Charles to beat me at GGT2 because I beat him.
lool There isn't a title or a player I can be compared to. I am unique.

J03

Smash Master
hmm .

PS. lol okies

actually Alan, Aiko, Blinky and box (+Chaz but i think hes in germany =o): fancy coming to bolton this weekend coming 3rd-5th. Ill kick start the ranbats again and be at the top again =/. ive been practicing for germany and although its not happening im still in massive form atm and wanna paste you guys with my awesome skillz.

Also any other peeps are invited granted numberous people from the above list wanna come (or just Aiko or Box because there my <3) i mean peeps like sonic/ste and that nathan lad.

thirdly this will be a warm-up for mid april, when a certain french superstar will be arriving in manchester for 3 months, NO not Eric Cantona
but Darko, the BEST falcon is france. It's also worth noting that when i beat you all with falcon i'm going to proclaim myself the best falcon in the UK, and take darko on in a head to head UK vs France falcon ditto.

Lastly im hoping to set up a few events when darko is around so he can get a nice grasp on UK smash. most will just be smashfests but im hoping to host a mini tourney and do my best to get some of the Uk top 10 up here in bolton. I realise the impossibility of this task so im prolly gonna announce something directly after April 20th when every gets their uni monehs and will want something to spend it on =P

Aiko

Smash Champion
im mad interested in this.

not sure if i can make 3-5th. gf has weekend off (rare thing) so I should spend it with her.
blinky is back in bournemouth for easter too so he wont be able to make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom