• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phantom Hits 2 CONFIRMED December 5th (First post update)

Status
Not open for further replies.

L-J

Smash Ace
lol you don't know, he's stepped up loads recently. he's getting a lot better, I think he'll give any high seed a run for their money.
lol I do know, I played him at the last London Monthly, he's got a lot better, but he won't give any high seeds (as in the top batch of seeds including yourself, fuzz, etc) a run for their money unless he gets a lot better again.

VA

Smash Hero
yeah he does play sheik, he ditched luigi ages ago. he won't give the TOP seeds a run for their money, obviously. I said high seeds. and yeah jo3 I'm ****, pretty sure I watched beast beat you in a fair few friendlies....which I didn't take to mean anything becaue I thought you were sandbagging....but never mind. He's getting way way better.

J03

Smash Master
oh my Robby, ive always watch the first 5 mins thinking 'funny TV is good TV'.

i ALWAYS walk off after 5 mins SORELY dissapointed. what happened Harry, what the F happened?

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Why are Brawlers now going to this? Last time I remember people like Aura and Ixis didn't like Melee lol.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
They can bring their own Brawl set-ups and its like a free venue/housing/cheap food fest for several days.

Tamoo

Smash Master
O.o

Yeniths is surprisingly ****...

Thinking he can give them high seeds a bit of trouble after playing him today, gave me a hell of a challenge.

Reverse shine bair oos at like 150 wtf?!

And fiiiiinally played/met craiigg for the first time ever. Good day.

VA

Smash Hero
lol nah, if you're undefeated in tournament like charles, players like alpha dash and beast are not threats.

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
lol nah, if you're undefeated in tournament like charles, players like alpha dash and beast are not threats.
Don't use my name in vain like that. I'm the biggest threat known to man. Plus why do you have to put people down like that I recommend you keep those opinions to yourself Instead of **** riding charles like that.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
What?

Then why's the world record set at like 500% or sumthing then :confused:

Thought you had to be quicker the higher the percent.

it looked **** sexy anyway :p
That's obviously with a Falco since the percentage plays a massive part.

There is no world record with fox.

Go on practice mode and shine someone with fox at 0% and shine someone with fox at 999%.....it will make not difference lol.

But as you said it was prob sexy anyway lol, esp coming from the sexy Yeniths.

everyone is a threat.
What kinda world you do you live in?

I must live light years infront of you cos that's not my world.

Don't use my name in vain like that. I'm the biggest threat known to man. Plus why do you have to put people down like that I recommend you keep those opinions to yourself Instead of **** riding charles like that.
TELL HIM ALPHA DASH........TELL HIM!!!!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Yeah it was with falco, Im still trying to get to grips with shine oos nvm adding a reverse bair out of it lol
Oh my bad lol.

Since he mained fox I thought you were talking about Fox and since you said reverse shine bair which is a common fox thing it made me even more think it was fox lol.

Reverse shine bair would only be useful determining on where the opponent DI's from the shine, it's usually not useful cos where you shine setups you up for a bair mostly without the turn around mostly needed.

Shine out of sheild is VERY useful with both characters though.

Fuzzy - lol That is practice mode, you wouldn't do that in a real match lol, but then again who would be at that percentage anyway in a real match lol.

Bristols_link64

Smash Cadet
Things seem to be getting quite interesting :p. I'm obviously going to be the worst player at this tourny so I'm expecting a lot of friendlies from everyone else. Any practice & advice I can get from anyone else while I'm there will be much appreciated.

That goes for you aswell Prof. Definatly want a few games with you despite the skill difference between us. This tournament for me is really just going to be a learning experience :3

Tamoo

Smash Master
He mains shiek atm actually, although im in love with his falco lol

Bristols Link: I'll give you some games :)

Fuzz: I'll put £1 on that you cant do a reverse shine bair OutOfShield at 400%, in 5 attempts, easy money for you?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
It is fully depending on what character it is aswell loool.

I mean it could be a Fox which is pretty easy.

Or it could be a Jigglypuff which is flipping hard.

Bristol Link - Yeah I will DEFINTELY get in some games with you and give you advice if you want so don't worry about that lol.
I am actually a nice person btw, dont pay attention to the trashtalk you see me say on smashboards lol.

Jolteon

he didnt say he could do it OoS Tamoo.

why would you do it OoS at 400% anyway?

Tamoo

Smash Master
I said yens did it oos and then fuzz said he could do 'it' at 400 %

I presumed the 'it' he was referring to was the same thing as I was discussing, otherwise his statement is pointless lol :confused:

VA

Smash Hero
are we talking fox or falco?

I think with falco at that percent I could do it. But I don't see the relevance of the turnaround seems pointless. I dunno why this is impressive anyway...shine turnarounds that both connect are flashy uselessness.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
The turnaround is pointless, but I just do it out of habit, my falco is getting much better :). Thanks for Craiigg for having me over, had a good time, look forward to playing you and Tamoo again soon :).

I look forward to this, I hope to place well as I know I'm capable of doing so.

Jolteon

I said yens did it oos and then fuzz said he could do 'it' at 400 %

I presumed the 'it' he was referring to was the same thing as I was discussing, otherwise his statement is pointless lol :confused:
he was referring to when you said the WR for shine bair is 500~%

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Who is the world record for 500% on anyway.

Cos different characters influences it big time.

Yeniths - How is the rest of your region doing in terms of melee anyway?
It's good to know you feel you improved anyway.

Where the hell did you lot play the other day anyway?

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I believe its on a Peach, its higher then 500% obv but I'm not sure by how much. I can do it at like 400% but if I can do it at like 170% there is no point trying to learn it at higher %s?

EM is still pretty weak for Melee, but I'm working on changing that, Willz and Zunari are improving a lot however, as well as a few others. Yep I've defiantly gotten a lot better and I'm sure anyone who plays me will notice that.

We played at Reading at Craiiggs place, Tamoo was also there, and one other guy whose name I can't remember :( begins with a x? It was a good time :).

I am able to travel a lot more now, and I have been doing so and plan to continue to do so :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom