• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I enjoy SF4, but if you are looking for a change, I wouldn't suggesting switching to it. It is just as campy as Brawl. The only reason it appears to be fast is because each round has a really short timer.

If you want to play a faster paced fighter, I would suggest Blazblue or something like that.

I still have a undying love for Brawl. Probably has to do with the community that I am surrounded by.
I'm considering Melee. I want Blazblue, but I'd have to buy a PS3 (or a 360, but I'd prefer a PS3) and the game, and I don't have the funds to be spending it on a new console atm. :urg: So as of now, I'd have no way to practice..... ;-;

I agree with you about the community. PA's Brawl scene is full of drama and inactivity right now, and it's really adding to the fact that the game isn't fun for me anymore. x.x Supposedly the Melee scene is much better here in terms of people being mature and whatnot, but we'll see.

gallax

Smash Hero
my crew that im in is the reason i still play brawl. they just make the game so much fun to play. if it was any other game im sure it sold be the same way too though.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Kaylo, move to TX and you will love Brawl again. :)
It's true. Best Smash community ever.
I wish I could. In the end, though, I'm not too upset. I'm still friends with the people I'd be friends with despite Brawl, and losing the game isn't that bad, lol. And I still have the boards, a.k.a. you guys and the Zeldas. <3

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
or you could come to orlando...
Too far! I don't personally know anyone even close to the FL area. =\

Or come down to MD/VA...
My sister is going to college in VA, so I'll probably be down there at least a few times before I go back up to Boston for school in January.

Got my finaid package back.... wasn't good enough for the first semester. :(

I need to finish this paper. Instead, I'm wasting time lurking the boards. Youtube isn't helping either.
You're in classes? I didn't know that. That sucks.

Famous

Smash Champion
Too far! I don't personally know anyone even close to the FL area. =\

My sister is going to college in VA, so I'll probably be down there at least a few times before I go back up to Boston for school in January.
Same here...My classes start back up in August ...At least I'm finally taking my core classes

Van Jones

Smash Lord
I'm taking a class each summer session. The good thing is that it is only Monday and Wednesday night. The classes are supposed to last for four hours, but my Professor usually lets us out after 45 mins. lolololol.

Just tryin to graduate early. :)

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Lol, good lucks with Melee.
Thanks. I'mma need it.

A lot of it.

Same here...My classes start back up in August ...At least I'm finally taking my core classes
Sweet. I wish I was going back this semester, but the money issue isn't one I can work my way around. :(

@Bear: Good ****. What're you gonna do after undergrad? Only a little more than a year before I get to go to vet school. ><

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Dang, we are both almost finished.

Uh, I'm actually on a five year program (assuming I get accepted to it). Instead of getting a bachelor and master's degree seperately, I can graduate in five years (bout to start year four) and get them both together. One of my older friends who went through this already tells me that the fifth year is hell. :(

Oh well. As long as I can still hang out with my friends (smash and non smash), I'm good.

How much more school are you looking at?

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I was gonna do a five-year program, but since I'm going to a specialized grad school (vet school, in my case -- hoping I get in x.x), it wouldn't have worked.

Vet school is 4-5 more years (depending on the school). Then I have to intern for a couple of years, probably ~2. :urg: But I'm hoping it'll be more interesting than undergrad since it'll be more about prep for actual animal care work. More hands-on and whatnot.

I'd complain, but I really do love working with animals, as sappy as that sounds.... I wouldn't trade it for any other career. <3 I have backup plans, but none of them are nearly as appealing to me.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Dayum, that is a lot of school. It's all good though since it is something that you love.

All I know is, after I graduate, Imma make as much money as I can so that I can retire early. lololol.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
No shame in that, lol. I probably won't be making much unless I start my own practice, but what I really want to do is work with exotics so I can get paid to travel.

Retiring early would be nice, though. :mad:

Top Bottom