• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Just curious: what do you guys do when you're not playing Smash?

Tbh, even though I'm online a lot during weekdays, Smash isn't a huge part of my life..... so I'm curious about what other people spend their time on outside of this game.

Personally, I'm busy getting my undergrad degree and prepping for grad school. I took a year off last year to get more animal care experience for vet school, and right now I'm doing an internship at an animal hospital. Also searching for a part-time job to replace the full-time one I had to leave for the internship. :( Going back to school in the fall to finish my senior year. I do a little volunteering here and there when I have the time.

And I party a lot on the weekends. :lick: Work hard, play hard, you know the deal.

Share!!

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Undergrad degree as well. Accouting...........horay. I have a part-time job at the campus library. Party and hang out with friends on the weekend. Smash whenever I feel like it.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Papa John's? They're sooooo good.

If I'm not spamming Smash, I'm spamming some other videogame. Games are a big part of my life, and working at Game Crazy doesn't help. I'm addicted, I admit, but I do have self control. Other than that, I'll just chill with my "not" Smash friends. We'll sometimes go out, see a movie, or go to a mall with a digital camera......that day was too effin' funny.

King~

Smash Champion
work a decent/little amount(depends on how target feels, and we ina depression =/

friends alot

smash on the weekends

and im busy trying to figure out where im transferring too(college wise)

the majority of the time im "online" im really not

and currently im entralled in a very interesting situation with my plane tickets to genesis

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
@Kyoshi: You're aware that you spelled "Sesame" wrong in your location, right? Just makin' sure. x.o

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
High school (obviously) but since it's summer i chill with my gf or a few friends. I hate most people so i don't have like 70 bergillion friends like everybody does, but whatever. I'm getting my driver's license on friday so i'll probably be going out more than now, but my friends have stingy parents so not that more often...oh well.

That's about it...my life is boring >_>

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Doin' my single subject English (teaching) undergrad program @ USD. I work as a Spanish tutor which is really nice. Fun of all kinds (IE: dirty) on the weekends.
School's out and so is demand for tutoring (except for the isolated case of "I forgot some grammar") so I'm not doing much right now during the week. I play smash every now and then for lulz.

EDIT: I need to find a job so I don't starve to death during Genesis!

gallax

Smash Hero
my life goes like this.

monday-thursday:

8:00- wake up
9:00-go to class
11:00-12:30: work out
take a nap
eat
hang out with friends rest of day and/or smash

friday-sunday:

work
saturday i go to tournaments sometimes

other than that its going on dates or working on school stuff

KuroKitt10

Smash Journeyman

Tbh, even though I'm online a lot during weekdays, Smash isn't a huge part of my life..... so I'm curious about what other people spend their time on outside of this game.

Personally, I'm busy getting my undergrad degree and prepping for grad school. I took a year off last year to get more animal care experience for vet school, and right now I'm doing an internship at an animal hospital. Also searching for a part-time job to replace the full-time one I had to leave for the internship. :( Going back to school in the fall to finish my senior year. I do a little volunteering here and there when I have the time.

And I party a lot on the weekends. :lick: Work hard, play hard, you know the deal.

Share!!
Undergrad degree - lots of video games otherwise - which makes sense, since I'm studying to go into development for entertainment software.

Though, right now I'm trying desperately to find SOME job which will hire, but there just isn't anything out there... Stupid crap economy...

Meow.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
dont lie kaylo, you know you and prime have a thing going on. besides, i dont do long distance so it was bound to fail.
Well, a girl likes to have options! ;-;

It's ok. You're a Vaporeon, I'm a Glaceon.... it never would've worked out. I guess this is where we part ways......

gallax

Smash Hero
this is when i become friend who when you get into trouble randomly shows up and saves yout then you will be like omg what would i have done without you watching over me. then im like, no thanks needed. then i leave again to watch over people.

then like 30 years from now you will have wondered whatever happened to me and then realize that you love me and not the one you settled for and never really loved.

King~

Smash Champion
this is when i become friend who when you get into trouble randomly shows up and saves yout then you will be like omg what would i have done without you watching over me. then im like, no thanks needed. then i leave again to watch over people.

then like 30 years from now you will have wondered whatever happened to me and then realize that you love me and not the one you settled for and never really loved.

O.o

10O.o's

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
O.o
Uh, yeah...
*stares*
You know how eggs and chicken meat are child and parent? So once I add mayonaisse, which is made from eggs to the bowl, I call it an extended family bowl. Also I ussualy can't stand natto but I was able to eat it once I added mayonaisse. But putting mayoinasse on soft boiled eggs might be best.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
lol I know. Chicken omelettes are amazing!!
Nevermind...
Anther then Z or PikaPika! I would say; but I havent played anyone here, nor do I know their placings in IRL tournaments, so I wouldnt know who is the best pika here.
EDIT: Who wants to know?
2nd EDIT: removed pretentious statement which was true but sounded too arrogant IMO.

gallax

Smash Hero
esasm is a really good pika too. i want training from him. ive placed a few times but so has many others. king yoshi and stealth raptor are good too.

gallax

Smash Hero
its no big deal auto. we in the pika threads dont think that way. you sounded just fine.

if i had to say so though i would say that esam is the second best pika. ive been talking and eveyone from south florida gives him props. Z is in a decent area that doesn't warrant second place unlike where esam and pikapika are placing in, and pikapika is a really good player that deserves third.

stealth, i saw a tourney where fino got 5th and affinity got first in kansas, where were you? you didnt even enter...

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
its no big deal auto. we in the pika threads dont think that way. you sounded just fine.

if i had to say so though i would say that esam is the second best pika. ive been talking and eveyone from south florida gives him props. Z is in a decent area that doesn't warrant second place unlike where esam and pikapika are placing in, and pikapika is a really good player that deserves third.

stealth, i saw a tourney where fino got 5th and affinity got first in kansas, where were you? you didnt even enter...
Imo, PikaPika is better than ESAM. By a decent amount.

bigman40

Smash Master

Share!!
Welp. I have 1 summer class, no job (**** the economy), and I'm doing an internship with my sis's boyfriend on filming and video editing. Video games are only a big part of my life since I have nothing to do the whole day (I'm normally the transportation of my friends and my car is broken down atm). Whenever my dad goes OoS, I have the truck for the time, and I go to the golf course to keep my skills up, or go to a few smashfests. Other than that, I'm mainly chillin in the chat or here.

Oh yeah, I'm oging into my third year of college (still technically a sophmore due to the hours), and I had to work my GPA back up. I got real pissed that my high school denied my HOPE scholarship cause of me taking one class in 8th grade (apparently, if you take Algebra in 8th grade, they won't include it in your GPA. So, I had a 2.96 w/o that class, and I didn't get HOPE). So, I got pissed and ****ed up my first year of college (came out with a 1.92). Now I got back on track and I have a 2.7 (still play a fair bit of games since it calms me down), and now I'm gonna get HOPE back w/o those motha ****ers :) This goes on in the life of me.

Also, <3 Kaylo

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
wtf? Is there gonna be a "Pikas IRL Thread, know your neighbour" section or something?

Share!!
lol

let's see, since Saturday...

- Drove my bro a 3 of his friends from Kelowna to Vancouver to see Coldplay.
- Went shopping for pretty much everything from a fathers day gift to shorts to a GC.
- Gave the first 6 chapters of one of my novels to my editors.
- Smashed with the best melee player in WC Canada for a few hours.
- Went swimming and took a nice walk in stanley park downtown Van.
- Booked 5 shows for 2 different bands over the course of the next 2 weeks.
- Worked for 10+ hours 2 days straight doing HVAC.
- Recorded the drums to a song for an upcoming demo CD for bandmates.
- Wrote the prologue to the same book I gave to my editors.
- Worked today and now a band is coming to practice for the shows this weekend.
- Currently planning who I'll stay with in that city for smash between the shows.

Sat>now

No more, hahaha

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
Who's the best Pikachu main in here?
LOL horrible question on the pika boards. i could start naming names then i would get blasted by 50 people saying WHAT ABOUT ME

also pikapika > esam LOL

also i was working gallax, i need to save money for real tournies, not dinky biweeklies. im only going to a tourney this sat cause fino is hosting. next real tourney for me is genesis :)

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
What are some good second mains for Pika players? ATM I'm thikng Marth or MK
MK (BOOOOO!!!!), Snake, and Marth are all good secondaries for Pika. I think we also said ZSS and DK, but the metagame has changed since we had our secondary discussion, so I don't know if they still apply. They're also, imo, two of the harder characters to pick up for a Pika main. (ZSS is just hard, and DK plays a lot differently than Pika.)

Here's a link to our Secondary Discussion if you wanna look even though it's outdated: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=217015

It also depends on which matchups you have problems with..... personally, a lot of Pika's traditionally harder matchups aren't an issue for me. It's random ones like Diddy, Olimar, Ness.....

Top Bottom