• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
MK. Snake if you're confident vs. ROB. Marth is okay but MK will always give you trouble. I guess it comes down to who you're willing to have trouble with. No problems with MK, Really only problems with ROB if you go Snake and a pretty big problem with MK if you go Marth. Marth doesn't CP many of Pika's bad matches as much as he makes it even.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
MK. Snake if you're confident vs. ROB. Marth is okay but MK will always give you trouble. I guess it comes down to who you're willing to have trouble with. No problems with MK, Really only problems with ROB if you go Snake and a pretty big problem with MK if you go Marth. Marth doesn't CP many of Pika's bad matches as much as he makes it even.
The thing with picking a secondary that "covers" MK is that the only secondary who'll do that any better than Pika, really, is Snake. Pikachu already does better than most characters do vs. MK, so it's mainly other matchups that you'll wanna be covering.

Unless you wanna do MK dittos...... but you have to then consider that most MK mains will probably be better at them than you are. They'll probably also have a ton of Snake experience.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Alright but there's still the thing that Marth only brings Marth down to even whereas Snake would counter GaW and Marth who are both more plentiful than ROB and Marth is Pika's only MAJOR problem.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Alright but there's still the thing that Marth only brings Marth down to even whereas Snake would counter GaW and Marth who are both more plentiful than ROB and Marth is Pika's only MAJOR problem.
All I'm doing is giving him options and pointing out possible flaws in MK and Snake as secondaries.... besides, Marth might not be a problem for him.

I'm not saying MK and Snake aren't good secondaries. In fact, matchup-wise, they're the two best. But Marth is a still pretty good secondary for Pika. Not everyone is cut out for MK and Snake or wants hop on their **** like everybody else, and Pika has plenty of not-favorable matchups that can give someone personal issues.

gallax

Smash Hero
mk is getting banned soon so go marf.

i still think esam is better. where pikapika lives would get dominated by florida. esam beats top PR's at a tourney by tourney basis. i think esam is better.

and i know what ya mean stealth about the money. gotta work!!!!

Kenrawr

Smash Master
If ESAM gets mentioned.
Me, Prime, and Beah get mentions too. ;3

The only answer given should have been "Anther".

Oh, and Snake/Pika compliment each other awesomely :3

And happy b-day to the pikas mentioned above =o

KuroKitt10

Smash Journeyman
So, I showed up at a tourny about a few days ago with my girlfriend - we didn't have the money to actually participate, but we thought we would join in on the friendlies before the matches started.

We ended up leaving 15 minutes in.

Unfortunately, no one there was very friendly, and my girlfriend and I aren't that great - we just haven't had the experience playing other people - so we fell off the radar in the two matches we did play, other people stole our slots. Everyone seemed to know each other, and it was all in all a terrible experience. I'm vastly discouraged from showing up to another tourny.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knows of any sort of clubs/groups/etc. that meet and play brawl on a regular basis in the Portland (oregon) area. Her and I would both love to get better at this game, and we're not really gonna be able to do that unless we can play other good players - sadly, we don't really know anyone in the area like that.

We both want to get a lot better before we attend another tourny, and were hoping someone would know of, or at least know of another place I could ask about, some brawl club in the area so that we can practice with other people in a much less high stress (and quite frankly, rude) environment.

Meow <3

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Might be MIA from the chat this weekend, guys (more than usual, anyway), so if you need me, PM/VM/posting here is probably the better way to contact me.

Bigman, if Gallax & Prime can agree on a time to do your combo vid thingy, I can probably get on wifi long enough to do it as long as it's sometime between late afternoon and late evening.

Anyone who needs High Voltage testing will more than likely have to wait until Sunday.

<3 you guyyyyys.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
i was talking about esam k prime. we had some matches over pika spots for various clans and groups and i won everyone lol. my matches with you were random, i was serious sometimes serious not. the only truly serious matches that i can specifically remember were vs your ganon. but im pretty sure i am nearly always serious with you, no point ******* around if you are getting 2 stocked lol, i like to win

Ephyon

Smash Champion
anagrams into &quot;no hype&quot;, &quot;he pony&q
aaah, this friendly rivalry is so touching. you guys make me smile :) both of you, give it your best shot. (I'm going to root for prime 'cuz he's a fellow eevee anyway, nothing personal)

and it's alright kaylo, we're used to not having you around during weekends. actually, I'm kinda happy I won't have to deal with your slaps. :chuckle: I hope you'll succeed at everything you'll need to do anyway. ;)

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
aaah, this friendly rivalry is so touching. you guys make me smile :) both of you, give it your best shot. (I'm going to root for prime 'cuz he's a fellow eevee anyway, nothing personal)

and it's alright kaylo, we're used to not having you around during weekends. actually, I'm kinda happy I won't have to deal with your slaps. :chuckle: I hope you'll succeed at everything you'll need to do anyway. ;)
noone roots for me anyways, im always the bad guy lol

Top Bottom