• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Awwww, Game of Thrones is so good though... totally worth the 3 year wait or so in between books, also worth the months spent reading rather large books. <3

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Awwww, Game of Thrones is so good though... totally worth the 3 year wait or so in between books, also worth the months spent reading rather large books. <3
I finished Storm of Swords the other day and immediately biked to the store to pick up Feast For Crows. You just can't put those books down!

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I finished Storm of Swords the other day and immediately biked to the store to pick up Feast For Crows. You just can't put those books down!
Ohhh so you're up to the part where Robb... *whisper whisper* and Catelyn has... *whisper whisper* and did Theon do what he did in book 2 or 3? Also what's happening at the wall in your section?

I finished the fifth book like 2 days ago after a hiatus, doing school work and stuff.

It's so insane. Game of Thrones, it's like, you have a book and everybody's in a position and you get used to those positions everyone's in for that book. And then the next book it's like, "EVERYBODY CHAAANNNGGGEEEE PLAACCEEESSS!!!!" and you end up crying because one of your favourite characters is dead or assumed dead or maybe dead and another has gone entirely off the map and another is about to die and another is about to marry someone that is super significant and another is about to go off to war and you're sitting there going, "When the heck did this all happen!?!?" and good golly Game of Thrones is just incredible.

For reference that 'change places' i'm talking about occurs mostly in the odd-numbered books (1, 3, 5).

Oh man auto, you have so much still to cry about. The last few chapters of this last book was just like "No, it can't be, he can't be... but NOOOOOO, i'm not gonna accept that, surely..." and then another character i'm like "OH WOW WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN" (which is happening to my favourite character) and another i'm like "OH WHAT THE HECK THAT CHANGES EVERYTHING!!!!"

That's my rant on Game of Thrones. :p

Best fantasy series, EVER.

EDIT: When you get up to book five, VM me. No, seriously, there's something I need to make sure you know by the time you get up to it so that you don't miss out. You'll probably have figured it out anyway and it's not really a spoilers. Just, make sure you VM me! :p

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Calm and peaceful rats.
Then, someone mentions haiku.
Poets everywhere.

Mind gets on that track.
Suddenly the topic changed.
All my ****ing mads.

Fashionably late.
Must expel from my system.
Screw it, here's my post.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Red got left behind.
Haiku train left around 10.
Now we are all late.

Edit, Red writes slow.
Haiku responses are fast.
I'm bored just waiting.

Or he's not writing.
He might be lurking around.
I could be wrong here.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
A Post of Fire and Ice
I'm like 70-ish pages into Feast For Crows. They just introduced one of the dudes in service of the house which lights the way. I had to stop so I can focus on school finals and a bunch of stuff which seemed to wait for finals to throw itself in my way.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
All I did was talk in fragments.

Didn't realize it would lead to a whole string of haiku.

Aside that one short poem on the warmth of that vodka.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I'm like 70-ish pages into Feast For Crows. They just introduced one of the dudes in service of the house which lights the way. I had to stop so I can focus on school finals and a bunch of stuff which seemed to wait for finals to throw itself in my way.
Wait, wait, I think Melisandre is in 'A Feast for Crows'. That might be who you've gotten.

Which reminds me, I was bothered by those 'cat of the canals' and 'captain of the guard', once-only chapters but they're actually ok. Took me a while to get used to them though haha. :p

LOL Strong Bad.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Read The Hobbit back in middle school.
It was the most disappointing read I've experienced since The Hot Zone. I'll probably avoid the movie because of it. :applejack:

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I got halfway through a Tolkien book once..... I think it was The Hobbit. Too dense for me. I can't read through 10+ pages of scenery description and boring history in-between actual plot.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
I read the three LotR books first because of the movies and loved it.

Then I read The Hobbit. It was 'k, but it didn't give me the same excitement as the three books.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I watched each of the Lord of the Rings movies and fell asleep during each one. Doubt watching the prequel which has less battles and action would yield a different result.

EDIT: Haven't read the LoTR books for obvious reasons.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
LotR was probably one of the best movie trilogies...ever.

You *****s are so dense that you can't sit through a movie without a ****-ton of action.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
LotR was probably one of the best movie trilogies...ever.

You *****s are so dense that you can't sit through a movie without a ****-ton of action.
I actually enjoy a movie with more plot and character development than action.
LotR just doesn't appeal to me.

Must I refer to my Spitfire post? :applejack:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm not gonna deny that.
But hell, even Transformers 2 and Avatar had plot, and they were awful. :applejack:

Top Bottom