• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
it has to be buffered during jumpsquat, so basically, the second pikachu leaves the ground he has already started footstooling (i.e., there's never a jump animation).

when i do it in frame advance, it doesn't get close enough to footstool. when i do it at full speed, it works. MAGIC.

it's also very close, has to be either the frame before he can jump or the same frame (your footstool basically happens on the same frame he could act). I know that because AFTER i recorded it, i went back and watched it at 60 fps slowed down frame by frame.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Timing's pretty tough too. But I'd love it if someone could get it down!

I should mention that so far I have only been able to get this to work on Meta Knight. Tall/fat characters land before they can act, and anyone lighter than MK can DI the throw (I think). It does not work on Diddy Kong, either, which was my next guess.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
it has to be buffered during jumpsquat, so basically, the second pikachu leaves the ground he has already started footstooling (i.e., there's never a jump animation).

when i do it in frame advance, it doesn't get close enough to footstool. when i do it at full speed, it works. MAGIC.

it's also very close, has to be either the frame before he can jump or the same frame (your footstool basically happens on the same frame he could act). I know that because AFTER i recorded it, i went back and watched it at 60 fps slowed down frame by frame.
I know to buffer a footstool from the ground you have to input 3 jumps during the buffer frames. Pikachu's jumpsquat is only 4 frames so it should be impossible for him buffer a footstool unless he's doing the buffering at the end of another move.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Yes, basically what I would do is

jump input
uncheck jump input - f1
jump input - f2
uncheck jump input - f3
jump input -f4

First jump input is the frame before, so "frame 0"

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
But ZSS' is definitely 5

Um, if you input jump, js doesn't start until the next frame o_O At least that's how it has worked for me.

It is possible that in real time, I'm buffering the initial jump.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
I think you're just counting frames in a weird way. If you're using frame advance and you hold jump and press Z, that next frame counts as having a jump input and that's where you start counting from. That's how it works with ZSS' jab, right? And we consider her jab a 1 frame move not 2.

Scatz

Smash Champion
Yeah... Mine's isn't even the norm lol. Moreso made for Yoshi, but it workz with every other character I play.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Input for jump frame 0
start jump frame 1
buffer jump on frame 2
nothing frame 3
buffer jump frame 4

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
There's only 4 frames tho. Even if there were 5, there's no way you can input 3 jumps in 5 frames in real time.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
But the video is right there, I have actually done it. Are you suggesting the technique is done a different way? :p
The video doesn't show proof that you buffered a footstool nor does it show proof that Metaknight can't avoid it. To me, it looks like Metaknight can avoid every one of those footstools with any move.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
SFP, what are you even doing to "buffer footstool" during the jumpsquat? Are you just mashing the jump button?

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
All the baby-boom teenagers are now moved out for college and thus there was a lack of 'treaters that I actually considered two unopened candy bags and a half is a personal haul already.

Top Bottom