• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

since

Smash Journeyman
Now it's my turn to screw up interviews, subway called.

At least I can screw up early and still have time, have a whole month before I'd have to move back to Texas if this fails.

And then maybe to SA if that's cool.

Missed you guys. <3

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
I know I am late on the condom subject, but I agree with ESAM and Roller.
They are too flimsy and break.
Also I do not feel a difference in them being thin, they feel the same as the regular ones.

I miss you too Sincerson.

Ephyon

Smash Champion
anagrams into &quot;no hype&quot;, &quot;he pony&q
no first day of class, so today's work instead.
today's work: go cut some branches and brambles overextending over a wall and on a sidewalk. right after it rained for a good 30 mins. branches were quite high.
every branch cut was a shower in my face. cap was not helpful. ;; /flareon

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
hopefully she isn't hiding it, because if she wants to get an abortion she can get the RU486 pill which is a LOT less invasive than a surgical abortion, but iirc you can only get it in the first 7 weeks of pregnancy. acting fast is key!!!

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Tokyo speaks truth.
You have to show you're interested.

I am waiting for a back ground check.
I have called back I'm mostly told that I'll be hearing from them within days and then nothing. I have done a second call back for some the places I've applied to but they've just told me that they're not hiring at the time which I know is a load of crap.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I feel you guys on the job hunt thing.... it's rough out there.

Best advice I can give is to apply in person whenever you can (even if you see the ad online). And if you're really ballsy, ask if the manager's around. Most of the time if you make a good face-to-face impression with the person who's hiring, even if it's brief, you'll at least get an interview.

Also, lots and lots of smiles, nods, and bull****.

since

Smash Journeyman
They just called me back after doing an online app.

But this is right near a college when school is JUST now starting, they must love my constant open availability.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
All my part time jobs have been given to me.

1st: sister's friend worked there, got me and my sister in
2nd: sister's ex boyfriend recommended me
3rd: my sister's ex best friend's sister's husband hired me for his private business for a few months
4th: work study

I'm absolutely terrible at job huntin

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I'm really good at job hunting, but I'm also super lazy, super picky, and my parents don't mind having me at home at all.

Definitely miss living on my own, but that extra bit of urgency just isn't there. :urg:

Who is biggs?
Biggy = Scatz, aka the slender half of Raichu Bros. :bee:

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Best advice I can give is to apply in person whenever you can (even if you see the ad online). And if you're really ballsy, ask if the manager's around.
Every time I've gotten the job I applied in person and asked for the manager. All the applications I've been filling out have been online. Normally I'd apply in person but it seems all the jobs require you to apply online now.

PZ

Smash Lord
Every time I've gotten the job I applied in person and asked for the manager. All the applications I've been filling out have been online. Normally I'd apply in person but it seems all the jobs require you to apply online now.
Most of the time you need to apply really early in the morning like before customers become a thing. Anyway,

First day of class: This sounds interesting.
Second day of class: INSTANT HELL MURDER!

since

Smash Journeyman
A good number of times I get lucky and they just call me back.
If I can ever get that, I'm generally good. Interviews go almost perfect most of the time, and the times it doesn't are a complete miss.

Today was not one of those miss days. :D

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Normally I'd apply in person but it seems all the jobs require you to apply online now.
Ugh, yeah, I HATE THAT. :mad: Basically all major retail places are like that now.

Small, local businesses usually have a more personal hiring process, but it's still tough. I got two out of my last three jobs because the owners were randomly connected to people I knew from high school.

since

Smash Journeyman
If I've done an app online, I still sometimes go to the store. I would have a job a starbucks right now if I didn't move because I went up there, even though the app was online. And Walmart hired me after I bothered them after doing an online app.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Online applications gets me irritated and they will always be the *****iest **** I will ever go through in applying.

But, there are also jobs where you just give them your resumes instead of applying, and then they'll just give you an interview and see if you're good enough to get it. I love that a lot.

Scatz

Smash Champion
Thanks to everyone wishing me a hbd. Had a great time hanging out with old friends again.

As for the job topic, I'm staying a float with my internship with Filming, but I'm looking for a job in my field at this point. Had one phone interview, the rest were unlucky. :(

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
That's both very deep and very fat of you, Red. Much respect!
Respect back, thank you.

I know I am late on the condom subject, but I agree with ESAM and Roller.
They are too flimsy and break.
Also I do not feel a difference in them being thin, they feel the same as the regular ones.
I mean. There is def a difference. But it's not worth it.
Maybe it's just because I'm spoiled by what can politely be described as many, many bareback sessions, but when I use a regular condom, I can't feel a thing anymore. That makes sex almost not worth it. So calculated risk.

Multiple methods of birth control work too, by the way.

My **** is not the food critic who can detect the subtle nuances and variations of flavor, cataloguing and experiencing each one separately. My **** knows two flavors - tasty, and not. And it's gonna get as much tasty as it can.

Urine samples suck when you don't have to go to the bathroom. :applejack:
Happens to me every time. Every. Time.

Also on the job topic, fun fact: having Geek Squad on your resume looks really, really good. My last two employers have called me with job offers. And a third offered not too long ago.

Not bad for a guy who had to bull**** his way into an Agent position and fight tooth and nail to keep it for a year.

And in case I forgot, happy (slightly late) birthday, Scatz!

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Welp, my aunt told me that she mentioned me to the manager who was now moving to the other best buy store, which means my chances of getting hired there would be increased.

I guess I'll consider going to geek squad then.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
i hate online aps SO MUCH because they all have that ****ing test or w/e, and due to how i am i will never get a good grade on it, even though i am an amazing worker and have been called that at every ****ing job ive worked at, but i have never gotten a call back once from any job ive had to take that test, and the one time i was told my score it was like 18 out of 100. probably because im autistic too, ****ing bull****, was lucky that i got to my current job right before they started doing that bs at it

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
i hate online aps SO MUCH because they all have that ****ing test or w/e, and due to how i am i will never get a good grade on it, even though i am an amazing worker and have been called that at every ****ing job ive worked at, but i have never gotten a call back once from any job ive had to take that test, and the one time i was told my score it was like 18 out of 100. probably because im autistic too, ****ing bull****, was lucky that i got to my current job right before they started doing that bs at it
Those tests are absolute ****. A lot of them are trick questions too. :glare: I used to fail them all the time (til I looked up the right answers online), and I've worked in retail for years.

Plus they're long as hell.

Also: Happy Birthday, Espy!!!!!

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
happy birthday espy :D

and exactly, just due to my mindset and autism im auto set up to fail. i remember i had a bookmark of answers saved, and it died with my old computer :[ oh well i have no intention of changing jobs except to a longterm job that probably wont have those ****ing questions

Top Bottom