• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Their fried chicken is different. I don't like their rice, cause it's different too. I was told there was Milo Ice Cream there but I couldn't find it. I'll have another chance, going to Shoe Mart mall in Batangas again today.

There's a Goldilocks too so hell yeah.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
QWOP cosplayers are probably some of the most dedicated of their kind.
Which is extraordinary because it doesn't take much to cosplay as the character. :applejack:

Am I the only one who used to play the "Guess how many L cosplayers you can find" game?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I went to a convention once at the same exact time that Deathnote had just come ashore. I counted a good ten Ls before I managed to get from the parking lot to the front door. :applejack:

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
Well to be fair, most people have a halfway decent L cosplay somewhere in their homes whether they know it or not.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Definitely guilty of that.
Though I'm far too Mexican and fat to be L.
...Not that those reasons didn't stop a bunch of other fat Mexicans from trying. :applejack:

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
At Akon, my cousin and I were on the hunt for Fake Straw Hats. And Sabos. Seems everyone wants to be Sabo nowadays with their goggles and hats.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
My eyes just got sunburned at that pic.

This was the thread that talked about sunburns right?
Cause my shoulders just got sunburned from the Philippines sun. Something that the Texan sun couldn't do. That's why the Philippines' flags have a sun in it.

Meccs

@Meccs_
Hey guys I'm going to a tourney today, and I'm taking the Ray Allen approach to my main: If you can't beat the best, wuss out and join em. So I'm going to use my Pikachu instead of my Ness for singles. I've obviously read the guide but any more quick pointers and things I should be sure to do? Pika's always been my secondary and actually my first tourney match win came as Pika, dunno why I've stuck with Ness for so long.

I've just got a couple questions:

Is there any easy way to guarantee Pikastorming without tap jump? I can do it 90% of the time by quickly tapping X and then swiping down past the C-stick, but sometimes I press X for too long so I FH or the Dair doesn't register or it registers as Fair... I'd obviously like to get that to 100% and also it kind of wears on my thumb practicing it. :p

also any tips for QAC? I can do it easily just moving around (ie QA > jump > QA > jump over and over around the stage) but run into a little trouble doing attacks out of it. I can do Thunder out of QAC pretty consistently but not aerials.

also what are all of Pika's OoS options?

and if anyone is up and wants to play me online for a little that'd be helpful I'm sure.
Thanks in advance for the help, guys!

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
The way I pikastorm is by holding down on the control stick and then press jump>attack. You wanna press jump>attack really fast, almost at the same time.

For QaC tips, you just have to practice it a lot. Start practicing with just QaC to jumps, then start adding aerials after the jumps once you get used to it. Doing aerials out of QaC isn't THAT important though.

His best OoS options are nair, uair, upsmash, and grab. Bair is good too if you can use it safely.
-Nair is great for killing and hits both sides, but has short range.
-Uair is a good option for when they're behind you and has a bit more range than Nair. Used to rack up damage or for when your other OoS options won't hit.
-Usmash is used to kill and sets up for thunder. It's a little bit slower than Nair and Uair though.
-Grab let's you chaingrab!!!!!!!! Short range, just like nair.

Remember to chaingrab when you can. If you can't cg, then you can always fthrow>upsmash or dthrow>nair at low-mid percents.

Meccs

@Meccs_
Thank I'll try that Pikastorming thing. and that's another thing, does F-throw pretty much lead to another grab or U-smash on everyone at low %s? Every time I've played Pika up until recently I've just used D-throw to chaingrab/lead to combos.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Fthrow > usmash works on everyone at low percents (0-20%) and fthrow chaingrab works on heavies and some fast fallers.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
That was the best bait i've ever seen

I feel no remorse for prime either. He takes the souls of little girls and puts then into gems to make them fight.

Cassio

Smash Master
rofl, for some reason I knew itd be guys.

btw I did cosplay this year at AX as wolfwood, but I didnt want to carry that cross thing with me so ppl were saying I didnt look like him :urg:. I did get a bunch of compliments on how nice I looked though :embarrass:

I kind of want to do a cosplay like this next year:
http://shes-t.deviantart.com/art/Eevee-Gijinka-114615674?offset=10
but I dunno if I can get over its furriness.

Also this is old but heres a pika pic from my trip to Arizona. Z, Axe, Me

Top Bottom