• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Weekly Match-Up Discussion - Forever Outdated :(

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
55:45 peach imo.

When wigi recovers low he's easily gimped with a downward turnip. You also wanna shorten ur dair combos to dair/double hit nair or dair/fastfall uair/utilt b/c if u try anything else his uair is just gonna interupt ur combo. Watch your spacing too, just camp wigi since his fireballs suck and range sucks. Just camp w/ turnips and shield/toad his down b. I like to keep him at bay w/ spacing/camping. double jump fastfall bairs, fsmashes, fairs to keep him away. Also remember to punish his annoying spotdodge with sh dair. Lets c...try not to float approach wigi or get predictable in the air b/c u'll just get combo'd, his air game is hella good. There's also the fact that u'll be prone to utilt/usmash kills if u just live in the air. Whatever you do don't get hit by the jab. If you do I guess u can try to DI back or just shield w/e comes next b/c jab to shouryuken/fsmash kills are brutal. But yea that's kinda why I camp wigi and space a lot. He's also kinda floaty so if he's predictable w/ short hops u can definitely land a dashing usmash kill.

Well...that's my take on it at least.

chandy

Smash Journeyman
Just watch out for his f smashes. IMO i find them ridiculously fast and strong. Also toad his side B as he stops right in front when he hits the toad. Just be careful about his explosive side B coz u don't wanna toad to late at the end of that :/ just spot dodge

Even match up IMO (50:50)... but I usually play Link against Luigis so I'm not the best person to ask :/

He has the most powerful and strongest taunt with greater knockback in the game.
too true xD

_clinton

Smash Master
doesn't Luigis Fsmash have IASA frames?
That thing tilted up is sick...it recovers almost from any down time right away and kills like 30% sooner than a non tilted one...

At least it is lacking in range...

Really Weegee has issues with mobility in the air and ground overall at least...but his fireballs may work pretty well at screwing with your stuff...they are pretty good anti air tools...

Kill moves...
Fsmash (tilted up again = beastly)
Utilt
Usmash
Dsmash
Nair
Bair (gimp tool)
Dair (gimp tool)
Side B (to a point)
Up B (if it is sweet of course)

Did I miss anything?

gantrain05

Smash Master
That thing tilted up is sick...it recovers almost from any down time right away and kills like 30% sooner than a non tilted one...

Really Weegee has issues with mobility in the air and ground overall at least...but his fireballs may work pretty well at screwing with your stuff...they are pretty good anti air tools...

Kill moves...
Utilt
Usmash
Dsmash
Nair
Bair (gimp tool)
Dair (gimp tool)
Side B (to a point)

Did I miss anything?
Down Taunt =P

Eten

Smash Ace
imho peach's fsmash is her best defense against luigi's aerial short hop approaches. At the very least it forces weegee to have to space extra carefully. Luigi slips out of peaches standard combos/followups a lot, be careful, I've won matches against peach simply because I was able to retaliate where their usual followups failed(unexpectedly due to their lack of luigi experience, we're floaty, and our nair is better than even yours.) and could win simply on better KO power+weight and trading damage vs. peach. I'm a weegee main but I don't care to give match-up numbers or even say which way the fight is tilted either way. Mostly, a defensive peach with a suburb spacing game can be a very difficult time for luigi.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Luigi vs Peach is a pretty fun matchup IMO. As Luigi I feel like I'm a lot safer against Peach when she is in the air, preferably above Luigi. The Uair will **** most of what Peach has, though smart peach's wont let that happen often. Both are excellent combo characters, and Luigi can Nair out of a lot of Peach's combos.

I feel really unsafe when I'm off the stage against Peach, watch for Luigi's recovering high because thats the only way you're going to get back on the stage. Though you have to know that we are going to kill you silly Peach's about 80% earlier (I'm not joking) than you're going to kill us. Keep that in mind after you've done a 50% combo :laugh:

I think its pretty even, I haven't played a good peach in a while and my Luigi has gotten a LOT better since I last played one, so if you guys were doing this discussion in about a month I would probably have more input. Haha.

Delvro

Smash Ace

Kill moves...
Utilt
Usmash
Dsmash
Nair
Bair (gimp tool)
Dair (gimp tool)
Side B (to a point)

Did I miss anything?
Don't forget Bthrow, 140% whereabouts, meebe a lil less near the edge.

There's a great peach player near where I live, but I've never played him, so I have zero match-up experience. I get the feeling, however, that spacing is more important than usual for both of these characters in this matchup, as well as finding an effective way to approach.

CR4SH

Smash Lord

When wigi recovers low he's easily gimped with a downward turnip.
OWOWOWOWOWOWOWWWWWW!

ouch~!

It's SO ****ing sweet.

As for seriousness, Up-Fsmash will kill a floating peach at ~65% (I know right?). If she's grounded it takes unitl about 78. Also I don't know what in the world l-king is talking about with his Uair business, peach dair ***** straight through it if you don't time it like a tard. You also do bad things to luigis above you, so abuse that advantage if you can. As for what luigi can do......Bair. Seriously Bair. Peach can't do a whole lot about a bair, especially if its well spaced. Also baiting peaches into float-chasing you when you're hyphen-smashing away is pretty hilarious (luigi's hyphen smash is CARAZY!). Dsmash is one of our main damage rackers, and it really doesn't work here. However don't let a weeg get ahold of your turnips because our glide toss is also hilariously good. You don't want to let luigi get close to you that easily. You can attack the luigi shield pretty safely, because he slides so far away. That doesn't work with your dair though, but I'm pretty sure you're used to avoiding shield grabs with that one.

When you just finished killing luigi RUN THE **** AWAY. Basically all luigi's moves are kill moves, and at that point they're all fresh. Utilt, Nair, Bair and Dair are all ridiculously easy to land out of invincibility frames, and all kill peach sub 135%. Not to mention usmash, dsmash, fsmash, up-b, bthrow and to a point, uair (it'll kill you somewhere around 160, but much sooner if I can throw you high into the air, which I can).

What you really should do is ask rowan. He plays me pretty often (really often) and WRECKS me pretty often (every time?). He's good, stupid good.

edit: Delvro, you've seriously never played rowan?

Delvro

Smash Ace
edit: Delvro, you've seriously never played rowan?
Never. Never ever~
Sure wish I could though. If I could I'd go to louisville 8 days a week and play against you guys non-stop. I desperately need to play against a wider variety here.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Don't forget Bthrow, 140% whereabouts, meebe a lil less near the edge.
Hmmm...Luigi's B Throw is strong but I'm sure I've survived higher percents than 140% with DI + momentum cancelling. I might be wrong though D:

Luigi is a bizzare character, right down to his Final Smash. I've survived up to around 180% sometimes and then been killed at 60% other times

Challenging Luigi head on in the air is a very stupid idea indeed. He can use fireballs and hard hitting aerials to knock you out of your Float. I'm not sure if he can Nair you out of Dair combos but it wouldn't surprise me if he could. Luigi has plenty of options to counter Peach's Float anyway

I've found that staying on the ground is the best way to fight Luigi. He has much faster, much more deadly aerials like I've said. However, Luigi is very floaty and slippery. His traction is pretty rubbish and his air movement is very slow indeed. I'm not sure about anyone else but I love using stutter step F Smashes against Luigi a lot. He can space his aerials all he likes and he'll still get hit by Peach's F Smash. Luigi also doesn't have very fast punishment game because of his traction/slow air speed so the best thing he can do to punish Peach is use his Down + B...which is actually a pain to deal with since it's so fast

However, what Luigi does have is absurd aerial priority and bizzare killing power. If Luigi gets it right, you can see yourself go flying off at some embarrasingly low percents. His aerials string together fairly well at low percents as well.

Do not underestimate Luigi's recovery! Side B Missile is actually pretty strong when charged (even stronger when he gets a misfire) and his Down + B has good priority. Have Toad at the ready and look for openings where you can hit Luigi

From what I've seen and done, my initial thoughts would be that the match up is even or perhaps very slightly in Peach's favour. You're going to want to be pretty ground based in this fight because Luigi's air game is very very good. That's not to say you should never use your aerials but it'd be unwise to challenge Luigi head on via Floating or SH Fairs.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
On Luigi...

DownB apporach is a *****, counter with Toad if you see it. Usually, Luigi players seem to like apporach mid away, right outside the turnip throw range and do it since it's used as an apporach, a punisher, and a damage racker. Either that, or timed Dtilt or Ftilt. Fsmash is too slow to punish the DownB apporach.

Fireballs go straight and only straight, so when grounded, float over it. When Aerialed, Dash attack. Watch out for the sudden Usmash that Luigi has. It has great priority.

Fsmash incoming! Play defensively at mid-high percents because Luigi's knock is expotential at mid to high percents, espeically Fsmash, Usmash, Fair, and Sweetspot UpB.. Both the jab -> Sweetspot UpB is hard to avoid if you get caught, and Luigi spot dodge to Dsmash/Usmash is very powerful. Don't worry too much about Dash attack since he can't combo it into a Sweetspot UpB anymore if he hits with the final attack since it has be upgraded to have knockback.

Luigi's Dair spikes! Ahhh!!!!!

Never underestimate Green missile (sideB), it's very high in pirority.

Never underestimate Luigi's Recovery. His DownB can recover so well, it's like IC's Side B except it covers more vertically than horizontally.

45:55 favor Luigi, but then again, I suck against Luigi, so it might be just me.

Toad is too slow to counter it. Only nub luigis use it from one end of the stage to the other end lol. Jab/Ftilt or Floating Dairs most likely outprioritize or clank with tornado. its either that or most luigis will rise the tornado to avoid ending lag.

Uhhhh, a turnip can stop even a misfire in its a tracks LOL.....

I played/play Peach on a daily basis (or used to) i memorize the matchup by alot. It's somewhere at 50-50 / 55:45 or possibly 60-40 in luigi's favor.

When wigi recovers low he's easily gimped with a downward turnip. You also wanna shorten ur dair combos to dair/double hit nair or dair/fastfall uair/utilt b/c if u try anything else his uair is just gonna interupt ur combo. Watch your spacing too, just camp wigi since his fireballs suck and range sucks. Just camp w/ turnips and shield/toad his down b. I like to keep him at bay w/ spacing/camping. double jump fastfall bairs, fsmashes, fairs to keep him away. Also remember to punish his annoying spotdodge with sh dair. Lets c...try not to float approach wigi or get predictable in the air b/c u'll just get combo'd, his air game is hella good. There's also the fact that u'll be prone to utilt/usmash kills if u just live in the air. Whatever you do don't get hit by the jab. If you do I guess u can try to DI back or just shield w/e comes next b/c jab to shouryuken/fsmash kills are brutal. But yea that's kinda why I camp wigi and space a lot. He's also kinda floaty so if he's predictable w/ short hops u can definitely land a dashing usmash kill.

Well...that's my take on it at least.
Uh luigi is easy to gimp. Yup. Lol. If Peach goes with floating Dair approachs, OOS upsmash or DI towards peach and Nair to break it. OOS upsmash will usually trade off with peach but she'll receive a bigger hit.

The biggest difference in the matchup obviously is the kills. PEach dies about 42% from a upb, possibly 70%s (?) with up angled fsmash, and other killer moves that i forget that kills peach, i just know most of luigis moveset will kill her early lol.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
The biggest difference in the matchup obviously is the kills. PEach dies about 42% from a upb, possibly 70%s (?) with up angled fsmash, and other killer moves that i forget that kills peach, i just know most of luigis moveset will kill her early lol.
But that's not the point. A Warlock punch can kill people at like 30/40% and that doesn't change the matchup. I know that move is terribly slow and predictable but still, it is also about how you can avoid these moves (Luigi's) using your character moveset.

If Peach camps Luigi...

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
imho peach's fsmash is her best defense against luigi's aerial short hop approaches. At the very least it forces weegee to have to space extra carefully. Luigi slips out of peaches standard combos/followups a lot, be careful, I've won matches against peach simply because I was able to retaliate where their usual followups failed(unexpectedly due to their lack of luigi experience, we're floaty, and our nair is better than even yours.) and could win simply on better KO power+weight and trading damage vs. peach. I'm a weegee main but I don't care to give match-up numbers or even say which way the fight is tilted either way. Mostly, a defensive peach with a suburb spacing game can be a very difficult time for luigi.
Eten has the right idea. Defensive Peach game is where it's at. Spamming those sexy retreating Fairs/Floating Fairs is where its at homie. So do all her fsmash moves stutter step? or is it one specifically fsmash move? Anyways, yeah her fsmash sometimes Ftilts and gtfo jabs will give luigi a hard time.

Luigi vs Peach is a pretty fun matchup IMO. As Luigi I feel like I'm a lot safer against Peach when she is in the air, preferably above Luigi. The Uair will **** most of what Peach has, though smart peach's wont let that happen often. Both are excellent combo characters, and Luigi can Nair out of a lot of Peach's combos.

I feel really unsafe when I'm off the stage against Peach, watch for Luigi's recovering high because thats the only way you're going to get back on the stage. Though you have to know that we are going to kill you silly Peach's about 80% earlier (I'm not joking) than you're going to kill us. Keep that in mind after you've done a 50% combo :laugh:

I think its pretty even, I haven't played a good peach in a while and my Luigi has gotten a LOT better since I last played one, so if you guys were doing this discussion in about a month I would probably have more input. Haha.
I highly agree lol. Its not fun tho if you have spotdodge habits against her DAir and suck at DIing >.>. The only relative safe way (basically dangerous as usual -_-) is to recover high and tornado stall and/or airdodge until you hit the ground. Basically luigi gets wrecked when hes juggled traped but she gets wrecked from juggle traps as well ^.^

Hmmm...Luigi's B Throw is strong but I'm sure I've survived higher percents than 140% with DI + momentum cancelling. I might be wrong though D:

Luigi is a bizzare character, right down to his Final Smash. I've survived up to around 180% sometimes and then been killed at 60% other times

Challenging Luigi head on in the air is a very stupid idea indeed. He can use fireballs and hard hitting aerials to knock you out of your Float. I'm not sure if he can Nair you out of Dair combos but it wouldn't surprise me if he could. Luigi has plenty of options to counter Peach's Float anyway

I've found that staying on the ground is the best way to fight Luigi. He has much faster, much more deadly aerials like I've said. However, Luigi is very floaty and slippery. His traction is pretty rubbish and his air movement is very slow indeed. I'm not sure about anyone else but I love using stutter step F Smashes against Luigi a lot. He can space his aerials all he likes and he'll still get hit by Peach's F Smash. Luigi also doesn't have very fast punishment game because of his traction/slow air speed so the best thing he can do to punish Peach is use his Down + B...which is actually a pain to deal with since it's so fast

However, what Luigi does have is absurd aerial priority and bizzare killing power. If Luigi gets it right, you can see yourself go flying off at some embarrasingly low percents. His aerials string together fairly well at low percents as well.

Do not underestimate Luigi's recovery! Side B Missile is actually pretty strong when charged (even stronger when he gets a misfire) and his Down + B has good priority. Have Toad at the ready and look for openings where you can hit Luigi

From what I've seen and done, my initial thoughts would be that the match up is even or perhaps very slightly in Peach's favour. You're going to want to be pretty ground based in this fight because Luigi's air game is very very good. That's not to say you should never use your aerials but it'd be unwise to challenge Luigi head on via Floating or SH Fairs.

No sir.. The probable safest thing for peach to do is fair and hope luigi slides off enough, other then that, luigi can pretty much OOS dsmash/upsmash/up angled fsmash you.. And if you love spacing your aerials, you'll eat a pivot grab / sliding pivot up angled fsmash... Turnips clank with tornados pretty much... SH fireballs actually wreck some of her float game too....

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
But that's not the point. A Warlock punch can kill people at like 30/40% and that doesn't change the matchup. I know that move is terribly slow and predictable but still, it is also about how you can avoid these moves (Luigi's) using your character moveset.

If Peach camps Luigi...
Uh, so your saying Peach can kill luigi earlier then vice versa? Do you see a upangled Fsmash being slow ? Do you seeing a rising Nair or a shoryuken being slow? Nah homie, luigi's isn't a ganon that warlock punchs them.

The fact that luigi can take a early lead in the game, is (IIRC im pretty sure of it, if not oh well) is heavier then peach with momentum cancelling moves not to mention peach needs to look for a kill ( from what I hear it's relatively hard, and for my experience it kinda is UNLESS you get a gimp which seems to be a better option) then yeah....

I think your speaking from peach's point of view? (yes?)

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
point being that just cause Luigi kills faster/ easier its not a huge affector, still important though. although bad on Dekuu for using Ganon as an example. since Luigis Fsmash can just pop out of no where....

Atash

Smash Apprentice
@ Dekuu

Yes - Ganon's punch was a poor example to use. Not only that, but it is barely even an example of what Luigi's early kills are. All of his early kills can come out of nowhere - especially out of being jabbed. Once jabbed, you're going to eat something (unless you guys have some sort of godly AT that makes your DI more epic than Sonic boss battle music). That something could be a string, or it could be a killer, or it could be a sandwich - but the point is, you're going to eat something (again, obvious exception). The early kills definitely factors into this match-up, especially because they're almost all vertical kills that could pop up at any time both Peach and Luigi are in a tussle (and as far as I'm aware, you guys suffer from those).

Also, beyond floating and retreating F-airs (which have punishable whiffs [I'm not necessarily saying that Luigi can dodge them 100% of the time - just saying] via tornado), I don't see how Peach could effectively 'camp' Luigi. Fireballs knock turnips into the air, and come out faster than turnips. Is there anything I'm missing here (Wall-Of-Toad -.-' [DNE much...], pull out a bob-omb or uber-ranged beam sword - something)?

@ JigglyZelda

Why would it not be a huge factor? Although I'm glad you're calling it non-negligible, I don't see how it cannot be a major factor of this match-up. What with Peach's float game and overall just plain weird game-play, I'd feel more secure if I could play against her utilizing a character capable of putting the pain to an end quickly...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few questions regarding recovering high for Luigi:
How does Luigi's N-air fair against Peach's U-air or B-air?
How high up and how low does Peach's F-air hitbox reach?
By how much does Peach's F-air beat Luigi's B-air in range -.-' (so I know a little better how close I am to being crowned the green prince of the blast-zone)?

Also, cr4sh mentioned that Peach has a D-air that beats out our U-air unless spaced to the pixel (not really what he said - but you get the point). What about a N-air (as in single jump just out of Peach's range -> double jump -> N-air into Peach's D-air [yes, I'm ignoring the simplest solution for Peach in this case (an airdodge)])?

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
i haven't played a luigi for a longtime so im not to familiar on how fast anything other than Fsmash and his jab-w/e kill. and also cause i play as JP i kinda don't think about how good you can kill me as the sole factor to swing it in your favor by a huge margin, but it is still there as a whole and Luigis KOs speed....

i'll be mostly reading along since i really don't know this matchup well.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
No sir.. The probable safest thing for peach to do is fair and hope luigi slides off enough, other then that, luigi can pretty much OOS dsmash/upsmash/up angled fsmash you.. And if you love spacing your aerials, you'll eat a pivot grab / sliding pivot up angled fsmash... Turnips clank with tornados pretty much... SH fireballs actually wreck some of her float game too....
If Peach is spacing properly, I wouldn't have thought that she'd get hit by such OoS things. Wouldn't Luigi slide off if his shield got hit anyway? You aren't talking about ground Floating aerials are you?

I'm not sure how you're going to pivot grab Peach out of her aerials either. If Peach's repeatdly spacing her aerials (mainly her Fair in this match up) she can use her 2 frame jab to hit Luigi if he comes charging at her right? He's not fast

I'm a bit lost at where you're coming from. You play a Peach often right? Mind me asking who it is?

My point is that Floating and using aerials in this match isn't a good idea. If Peach is going to be using any aerials, it'll be her Fair because of it's long range. Luigi's Bair is very good at hitting her out of her Float and Floating isn't great anyway because of Fireballs. Peach is going to want to stay grounded most of the time and use spaced F Smashes and Turnips. Forgive me if I've missed something but Luigi's only fast approach is his Tornado and if that gets shielded, Peach can follow up and punish (although if he's far away...hmmm, a glide tossed Turnip might work but probably not)

Oh and yea, sorry that was bad wording on my behalf. By stutter step F Smashes, I mean using IASA frames on her dash and the immediatly using her F Smash, not like Sonic's or Mario's F Smash for example :p

How high up and how low does Peach's F-air hitbox reach?
By how much does Peach's F-air beat Luigi's B-air in range -.-' (so I know a little better how close I am to being crowned the green prince of the blast-zone)?

Also, cr4sh mentioned that Peach has a D-air that beats out our U-air unless spaced to the pixel (not really what he said - but you get the point). What about a N-air (as in single jump just out of Peach's range -> double jump -> N-air into Peach's D-air [yes, I'm ignoring the simplest solution for Peach in this case (an airdodge)])?
Hmm...I think Lugi's Nair and Peach's Bair would clash. I'm really not sure. I'll check when I get the time
Uair would definitly beat out Luigi's Nair if it was spaced. Again, I'll check for you but I'm fairly certain it would if Peach was below Luigi (which is really the only time she'd be using her Fair anyway :p)

Peach's Fair involves the hitboxing travelling in an arc from about the top of her head to the bottom of her dress when she's in the air. Something like that anyway

I don't think Peach's Fair beats Luigi's Bair by that much. Luigi's Bair is really good in this match up if you ask me and I'm fairly certain that when I've mis spaced my Fair, it's clashed with Luigi's Bair

Hmm. If Luigi Naired Peach whilst she was Dairing...actually I'm not sure what would happen. My initial thought would be that if Luigi went right into her Dair, Nair wouldn't hit her. If you're above her however and she tries to get a Dair in, go for it

Regarding camping: Luigi's Fireball might come out faster than Turnips but it's still got a fair amount of cooldown lag and Turnips are arguably a lot more versatile. What solid and fast approaches does Luigi have on Peach?

Eten

Smash Ace
Also, beyond floating and retreating F-airs (which have punishable whiffs [I'm not necessarily saying that Luigi can dodge them 100% of the time - just saying] via tornado), I don't see how Peach could effectively 'camp' Luigi. Fireballs knock turnips into the air, and come out faster than turnips. Is there anything I'm missing here (Wall-Of-Toad -.-' [DNE much...], pull out a bob-omb or uber-ranged beam sword - something)?
Defensive peach playing a grounded spacing game != camping peach.

Crappy, Luigi should use his Dair.

you're not going to be able to bair while you're returning to the stage anyway. Peach's best weegee kills are fairs at the edge of the stage while he's recovering and stopping a low green missile with a turnip. I suggest peach players use their defensive grounded spacing game to get grabs and shield grabs to fthrow/bthrow luigi out off the stage and work him while he's recovering.

Nair is even worse... Luigi has an easy time against the dair though because luigi can either shorthop bair or full jump dair. Dair is crazy good but only when luigi is under peach.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Reverse glide toss camp. You'll move far enough away to pull another turnip, and you can punish any hits on your shield with the turnip OOS. Further, you can nair/bair OOS if not holding a turnip. Finally, fair does NOT have a punishable whiff if autocancelled into the ground- zero lag at all. And a two frame jab covers it quite nicely.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Guess I'll add what I know.

Dark.Pch says: 50-50

The Good- You can pretty much pressure luigi well with turnips and a good spacing game. Once he is off the stage, he is in serious trouble for he can be taken out pretty easy with good edgeguarding. You can beat him in the ai with good spacing, the only move that he has with good range up there is his Bair. If he dash attacks you, you can end up behind him with TDI (Tap DI) Same with the tornado. Dsmash does not kill so well for when you get it, you don't go straight up. You travel at a angle. And Fsmash does not have that much range. If you save you r moves, Luigi won't be alive for long, really on edgeguards. Done right, he should not be alive past 120.

The Bad- Luigi has the combo and combo breaker on you (Nair). It is not safe to stay inside luigi for too long. A jab combo to Up-B is taking you out quick. And a fresh Fsmash can too. Once you are hit at low percents, Luigi can drag you accross the field. His pressure game is good and can be all over you with his quick air attacks that don't lag. Getting turnips can be a pain sometimes cause he can just tornado you. He can Create a wave of Fireballs to get close to you and screw you both in the air and ground. Thus making it hard to approach him.

Type of style to use: Agressive/defensive (this means use both, not just one)

What to do: You wanna make some openings with turnips and not try to get at luigi too much. remember, most of your stuff can be broken with his N-air. which is strong and can kill well if buffed. If he catches you with that move in the air, he can kill you sooner than he really should be. Once in his face, space you Jabs for incase he is shielding. Cause he can just Nair out of it and can beat you or even trade hits when you go in for another set of jabs or do something else.

If he creates a wave of fire balls what you can do is Crouch the one int the air and if you have a turnip glide toss the ground one. The ground one will hit the turnip and you will glide close to luigi, then take it from there. You also don't wanna try to compete with luigi's Bair. Luiigi just aint having that. What you wanna do is tru and time a snipe with a turnip. Or if you can, toad it. Another good option but requires timing and you being close to him, is her Nair.

Your ground game Vs luigi is pretty solid. Just watch out for tornado and jab to up-B. For the air you need to be more careful cause one again, that nair. That one move can pretty much save his azz the whole match. If you get hit in the air one by luigi, GTFO, screw being arrogant and waiting to him. Get the hell out of there. that can lead to his chain of combos, getting you with his spacing and your death. Just die away when you get hit JUST ONE TIME. seriously don't test luigi, he is not having that, just GTFO.

D

Deleted member

don't do multiple dair combos, just 1 dair to something. luigi can DI out of them and hit peach very easily.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Luigi is pretty tough, his priority in the air is really annoying. Forward smash is hard for him to hit but it will kill you early once a match possibly. I think it's close to even though, Peach can get away with being very defensive and really bother him. I might even say slight luigi advantage. I had some truoble with random luigis and I haven't even played a top tier one except like...8 mo, so who knows if it would be much tougher, I get the feeling it can be really hard though.

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
I parrot Dark.Pch. hehe

I would've posted my input but D.Pch and others basically hit the nail on the head.

Weegi Fsmash ***** peach up and down if you get hit. lol

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
The Sonic boards are also discussing Peach aswell. Be sure to visit both the Bowser and Sonic boards people :)

Things are more up to date now. JP and Yoshi have write ups, Yoshi needs numbers though (was it 50:50?). Luigi will be written up when this discussion is done

I think I'm going to go ahead and write up the Ness and Lucas match ups, 50:50 Ness and 60:40 Lucas. A general idea on how to handle them was discussed so hopefully it'll be enough to do a decent job

I also need to write up the Peach dittos match up. However, I know that Dark said that he wanted to write something up. Dark, if you could let me know how that's going that'd be great. I'd like to have the dittos match up write up done asap :)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I'll have it up once I get back from this tournament in N.Y. This is the last straw for me, I Don't make up for all my faliures, I'm done. Pretty much this determines if I should go back to comeptitive brawl or just leave it.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I thought more people agreed on 55-45 than 50-50 for Yoshi :/

And Dark, you know, you don't have to win or judge your ability to play off of how you place. I just play to have fun. It's disappointing to lose, but I wouldn't quit if I wasn't winning.

Besides, lol, your version of "failure" is usually placing higher than most people's version of "doing well". xD

Top Bottom